• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
okay... in the slim chance that i meet mr sakurai and his translator, and i have my trusty recorder with me (note to self, get a recorder) what questions would you like answered?
*Asks about Smash Bros.*
*Sakurai hears question*
Response: :fuuu:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ask about Ghirahim. Also tell him if doesn't have an online ranking system that is easy to use your online mode will not be taken seriously by a lot of people. Then ask about Ghirahim again.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, it's a small detail, but I hope they bring back those stock portrait things. Like Melee, 64, and Brawl's All-Star had.

D

Deleted member

Ask him if DLC is a possibility.
And about Waluigi and Flint. :troll:
EDIT: But seriously, ask him what he has planned for Ridley, and whether he finds Ridley to be worth the "hassle". And about Mewtwo, I guess.
Oh, and if there will be any cuts. Try to get him to spill the beans on whether Sonic and Snake are staying or not.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mention Ridley plans and rabid fans.
Mewtwo Returns or else.
Ganondorf Magic.
Guests' fate.
and remind him who Krystal is... and Claus. :troll:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
okay... in the slim chance that i meet mr sakurai and his translator, and i have my trusty recorder with me (note to self, get a recorder) what questions would you like answered?
Ask him something that is benign yet insightful. Ask him how his approach is going to be different working on two games at once, and if there are any unused Brawl ideas he would like to incorporate into the next title. Guarantee you it would be more respectable than "sO Iz RiDlIeZ N 11!?1!". :|

Asking about guest characters is also something that would benefit the community greatly. Simply ask him if he holds the same offer to third party companies as he did with Brawl, and if our two buddies could return.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ask him:
-What he knows about the Wii U (Continue this by maybe asking how such technology on the Wii U will impact Smash Wii U).
-What about the 3DS interested him so much that he's making a smash bros game for it (that he wouldn't be willing to do with the GBA or DS).
-Ask Sakurai what he expects out of both smash games.
-What Sakurai expects to be different.
-What type of characters Sakurai wants in Smash.
-Perhaps Sakurai's thoughts on single-player content (specifically adventure mode) going forward.
-How the Wii U's and 3DS' online will work with smash.
-How his new staff is coming along, and how it is meshing with his staff from previous smash bros. games.
-What specifically the staff will need to "step up on" and be relied upon more (remember, Sakurai said he would rely more on his staff for a lot of super important stuff).
-Ask Sakurai what his favorite thing in smash in smash is/about what his favorite thing about smash is.
-Jokefully end the interview by asking Sakurai if Mario will be playable or not. Hopefully he says "no." :troll:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, i know about the ridz being relatively bad to ask, it would be on behalf of rabid fans who really want to play as ridley. i would be the most respectable gentleman.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
John, you know Sakurai would answer saying, "Mario might be in it. (laughs)" Then you hear Iwata go: (laughs), in the distance.

Also, those are a lot of questions, I think he'd be lucky to get just one. xD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another Poke Ball Pokemon concept...

Haxorus

If the player releases Haxorus from its Poke Ball, it'll use Guillotine. Anyone who gets caught in this attack's path is guaranteed to get KO'd. The attack bypasses shields, and can easily KO even giants and metallic players (similar to Marth's Critical Hit). It can't KO those who are impervious the flinching (such as Giga Bowser and Wario-Man), however. Likewise, if the attack doesn't KO, it'll still send targets flying a great distance.

Also, there is a delay before Haxorus executes its attack, giving opposing players a chance to flee before it strikes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah... maybe don't mention Ridley by name, unless you got, say, a 5 minute interview. Or you are bringing up (Nintendo) villains that could be playable... possibly if Sakurai says things about villains. But yeah, you'll probably get a few questions, so such major overview questions would probably be best IMHO. Although you're the reporter, not me.
(urg, I feel my IMing with my cousin [she's a reporter] is coming out in me, and she is conquering my mind)

Also, that's exactly what I want Holder (in the Mario question). That way I can translate his body language better (if it's on video), and try to figure out what's he thinking. :bee: Mind games is always the name of the game in smash bros. :bee:
This is all with Boom's Falcon, btw. His Falcon is so goddamn manly that even his taunt cancels emit this inescapable, invisible wave that forces your character into a 0 to death combo. :awesome:
Actually I was referring to Boom's Fox. He lasers me so much. But his Falcon is pretty good, too. It's just that Fox... it murders me, and I can't stop it.
In all seriousness, Boom is a great example of that sorta play. You should watch him and Isaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii for lame *** camping.
God, that camping was terrible, but he's done worse to me because he knows he can kick my butt (I suck at smash 64 defensively). Just hide, laser, grab, run away and laser, repeat, and get a kill here and there.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai will probably be in disguise at e3.
Do we even know if Sakurai will be at E3? lol

"Waits for someone to check his twitter."

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
oh, i know about the ridz being relatively bad to ask, it would be on behalf of rabid fans who really want to play as ridley. i would be the most respectable gentleman.
The key is to ask meaningful open ended questions that do not read off as some fanboys wishlist. If you ran into Sakurai, or any professional for that matter, you do not want to ask a question that is not going to receive an answer (though I suppose you run into that either way, but you understand what I mean). Also, keep the questions brief. It will benefit you and the translator both.

It's fun living in hypothetical land.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
this might have information on sakurai's plans

これで一夜漬け…

DAMM IT Star, this is real... this is happining!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't even think Sakurai was at E3 2006 when Brawl's 1st trailer was shown (he was at the previous E3), or at E3 2001 when Melee's trailer/intro was shown.
I'm looking forward to Ubisoft's conference because of this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecffZBdhAUU
Even after seeing this a dozen times, I still nearly choke laughing at this. That guy is a legend. I wish he would present everything at every convention ever. If he did, I'd show up to all of them. Seriously, he has so much energy, and he's awful... but he doesn't realize i t. Which is why he is a LEGEND!!! :smirk::cool::):shades::bee: :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :lol: :rotfl: :joyful:
I think I watched a feed at IGN last year. Good quality and I do not think it lagged at all. Probably will not be until the next week that a tentative release of the order for the day.
I watched the IGN feed a few years ago (3 or 4), and it was good. 2 years ago, I think I watched on Game Trailers, and it was good, too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
DAMM IT Star, this is real... this is happining!
Think of it this way, I'm giving you life advice. The mustard seed of knowledge I have imparted unto you.

I'm busy covering playoff basketball, so I'm not up to date right now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Think of it this way, I'm giving you life advice. The mustard seed of knowledge I have imparted unto you.
But was it really a mustard seed? Or was it the mustard seed of the Mustard of Doom?

This kind of thing(Mustard of Doom, I HAVE FURY) are Fawful's only good trait. Just saiyan.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Try asking him about his thoughts on playable villains. This could provide insight on a number of popular characters.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If anything guys, again, he should ask simple questions about the game in general, not super specific stuff.

It's not like he's Charlie Rose interviewing someone for a one hour show.
Because people will actually care.

If he gets to ask questions to Sakurai the man himself, it will probably be a few questions.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Random tripping is probably gonna be gone bro. However, judging by what Sakurai has said about the connection between these 2 smash bros games (and given that this is the 1st time we've gotten 2 smash games in development at the same time), I think he is bursting to ask about such questions.

If someone wants to say it, often they will say it, even without words. Even if you don't get an answer, you get an answer bro. ;)

[COLLAPSE="Also, I thought I would share this with all of you..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So are we being serious about this topic?

We don't even know if he'll be at E3, heck we don't even know if he speaks english.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Everyone has a translator (that doesn't speak fluent English) at E3, derpa derpa
DOODLY DOODLY DOOT
Triple Dash. I thought you knew that bro. :bee:

Well... except for those Konami guys 2 or 3 years ago. I'm not even gonna repeat what they said. :embarrass:

But yeah, Sakurai may or may not be there. I have a feeling at least one or two higher ups involved with the production of these 2 forthcoming smash bros games will be there to answer questions and whatnot. At least he'll have that to fall back on. And if not, interview some Nintendo reps.

Still, Sakurai has been to E3 before. It's not totally out of the question.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Any TTT2 news yet? Where's Metal? And, most importantly, why is my dog face humping a squerrel squirel squirrel.
Here.

I still disagree with the notion that fewer is better. My point with the whole time vs stock is that in time you need to get a good number of KOs (of course, you can win with fewer than the other guys, but more always helps) where stock you don't have to and often people win with little fighting. I say this because I've seen players who do well in stock by using a run away tactic and do bad in time as a result. I also see player who play time tend to be better at getting KOs.
I'm not saying the less is better. Of course more is better. The point of my counter argument was that you only need one at minimum to keep yourself at the advantage.

Would you rather I rephrase them?
Yes, please.

Your right, and adapting is true in every videogame, but Smash is unique in the flow. The thing I've notice is that going with the flow is how you do well. This isn't just adapting to the situation but something more. I have thought about writing a big thing on this to kick off a blog. For now, I'll just say that the fight in Smash always changes. The score changes, items spawn, stages move, players do things and even the damage which effects how attacks hurt you. There are a lot of moving elements here and Smash can be a complex system. It's more how you roll with it than anything else. Hope I made sense.

Not much of a debate or anything, but feel free to respond.
Again, those features aren't exactly unique to Smash. But, you do raise a lot of valid points. The one thing I'll say is that Smash does an excellent job of showing that fighting games are ultimately about momentum. That being said, I think it's done its job horribly right. You'll have absolute newbies to the fighting genre that will think that the whole flow concept is limited to Smash and that all other fighting games are glorified beat-em-ups. I was actually like this for a while until I quit Brawl and moved to Street Fighter IV.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Everyone has a translator (that doesn't speak fluent English) at E3, derpa derpa
DOODLY DOODLY DOOT
Triple Dash. I thought you knew that bro. :bee:
Not like anyone of us has been to E3 before to know that. :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All the higher ups do. Miyamoto walks around with a translator, and so does Iwata.

Also, I almost went to E3 once (when it was in San Francisco). I'm glad I didn't. It was the last year when it was open to the public. One of my friends was in a 3 hour line just to see the Hall of Shame games/game consoles. He thought he was in line to try Gears of War! :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Son, if you think this is derp you haven't seen anything. Just wait until E3 rolls around in a few weeks, this place is going to go off the rails. At least there will be new things to talk about, good luck doing it here though as the influx of people into this thread is going to bottleneck any serious discussion. This will be when the backroom groups play a pivotal role.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait for the massive crap storm of n00bs post-E3. Like people who doubt Luigi. People will literally say stuff like "mah frand tawld me Luigeee aint playable cuz hes clone a and the guy who makes teh game heegee koijma no like clones no mores." No for reals, they say it exactly like that. I should start archiving this stuff.

As for Ridley and Mega Man, I think everything confirms them as playable characters. In other words, I have developed my own super elite (anti-n00b) conspiracies with no basic logic, proof, or reasoning! It is all based on nothing short of pure madness that you all must FEAR!!! :lol:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley is too good for smash for the same reason Kim Kardashian is too good for Obama. Any respectable man would leave his lawyer intelligent wife and adorable two daughters for a creepy looking clown with a plastic body, no personality, no real job, and some real weird daddy issues she takes out on her father-in-law in passive aggressive sexual comments.

/learned all that from Mad TV (and I am not mentally disturbed enough to watch this show

Edit: This song should be in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I always find it so hard to watch Mr. Caffeine's performance. I have to look away. Yikes indeed. XD Did they know what he was going to prior? There is no way Sony did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom