• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I forgot to say TANKOO Star. :3

BUT ANYWAY, I do like this song. It has a tinge of HARDSHIP to it, yet also a little feeling of HOPE. That fits Saki and the series rather well I think. Would your idea of ARRANGING be to sort of give it that sort of.. fast, techno/rock/metal (I'UNNO) sound to it? To make it more like the other songs in the game?
I do not feel it should be remixed in another genre. The jazz fusion-esque the song is in suits the mood fine. Anything else would probably kill the theme of the song. All it needs is to be remastered to sound cleaner than what the N64 allowed for musically.

Another song a lot like this is Marionation Gear in Brawl. The song style did not change, but it was polished for Super Smash Bros. Listen for yourself.

Marionation Gear (Original)
Marionation Gear (Brawl)

Obviously the DS version is of lesser quality. This is what I had in mind for that Sin and Punishment song, Heroine A

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*Yawn* What's good?
In an hour or so, I'll be free to Brawl. If any ya'll interested, lemme know. I don't wanna talk about SSB4 Today XD

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Asage, I'll be working for about an hour, but how about we shoot for a battle afterward, hm?

Morning/afternoon to everyone else :)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Shoot, Youtube took down most of the Sin and Punishment music from both games.

Oh crap Youtube took down the OSTstation Youtube channel! Shoot there goes the music for most of my stage concepts. O_O
what!? why the hell? the OSTation, was the most courteous to the makers of the music, adding all of the copyrights tho the creators of the music, the original composers, the copyright to the franchise and all of that jazz... so, even with all of that it was still taken down? this is MADNESS!!
if i have to guess, on deviantart, if i add all of the rights and copyrights written down in the description, it would still be removed for one reason or another. dammn American FBI crackdown.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the artist does not want it up, it doesn't matter if you credit them or not. They'll probably go back up as long as the artists don't mind. Copyright/IP and all.

Lame, agreed, but makes sense.

An interesting note is that no Quest 64 video has ever been taken down, and it's clear why; THQ wants nothing to do with that game(or Imagineer, apparently).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If that's the case, then I have no choice but to get rid of all my videos. -_-

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, you don't. At all. If nobody complains, you're fine. You don't need to give into any fears.

But if it does happen, you can't say you weren't prepared for it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
At least I won't end up feeling disappointed and bitter when Smash 4 comes out the way the "everyone must stay" crowd wants. On the other hand, they will be butthurt and going into nerd rage when it cuts some characters. At least I've prepared myself for the possible worst case scenario.

:phone:
Disappointment isn't really that bad of a thing to experience, you know

People will get over it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We'd be more disappointed if really awesome characters got completely removed.

I'd like to remind people that others are STILL pissed that Pichu was never planned, no matter how much he sucked. Every playable character has a very adamant fanbase. The best solution? No cuts whatsoever. Not that many even care if a character is a clone unless they have absolutely no differences in gameplay. Pichu was the closest to Pikachu, but you still played him rather differently due to how he works. It's the same for any and every clone.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I do not feel it should be remixed in another genre. The jazz fusion-esque the song is in suits the mood fine. Anything else would probably kill the theme of the song. All it needs is to be remastered to sound cleaner than what the N64 allowed for musically.

Another song a lot like this is Marionation Gear in Brawl. The song style did not change, but it was polished for Super Smash Bros. Listen for yourself.

Marionation Gear (Original)
Marionation Gear (Brawl)

Obviously the DS version is of lesser quality. This is what I had in mind for that Sin and Punishment song, Heroine A
It's okay, you can say it. "Wow, this guy doesn't know a thing when he's talking about music."

I really don't. So full of **** it's stopped up my ears. But now I like imagining Saki on sax with Airan on... I dunno. Cello? That seems like a jazzy thing. Bass would probably be cooler.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's okay, you can say it. "Wow, this guy doesn't know a thing when he's talking about music."

I really don't. So full of **** it's stopped up my ears. But now I like imagining Saki on sax with Airan on... I dunno. Cello? That seems like a jazzy thing. Bass would probably be cooler.
That would work, but you could have Airan on the keys. That would be pretty jazzy too.

Poor poor thing. You should learn ya' a thing or two bout some jazz fusion. Now THIS would sound good with a big ol' upright bass and saxophone (seriously).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We'd be more disappointed if really awesome characters got completely removed.

I'd like to remind people that others are STILL pissed that Pichu was never planned, no matter how much he sucked. Every playable character has a very adamant fanbase. The best solution? No cuts whatsoever. Not that many even care if a character is a clone unless they have absolutely no differences in gameplay. Pichu was the closest to Pikachu, but you still played him rather differently due to how he works. It's the same for any and every clone.
I guess Brawl shouldn't have added Pokemon Trainer and Lucario in the first place. We want Mewtwo and Pichu more because they were in Melee.

Whatever. Smash 4 can go ahead and add Honey Queen and fans won't want her cut from Smash 5. :rolleyes:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey guys... To anyone that wanted to battle, sorry. Something came up.

I'll be gone for maybe the following 3 days. I'm trying to finish my Youtube/Serebii Victini Groups.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess Brawl shouldn't have added Pokemon Trainer and Lucario in the first place. We want Mewtwo and Pichu more because they were in Melee.

Whatever. Smash 4 can go ahead and add Honey Queen and fans won't want her cut from Smash 5. :rolleyes:

They were all meant to be added in. Except Pichu, but Sakurai made him to be crappy and unpopular.(and it didn't work, as he became popular)

Don't take what I said out of context.

We want them all, including new characters. No cuts, no replacements, bring all playable characters back. If we HAVE to have cuts, one-offs are the only ones that should EVER be allowed to be cut/not make it due to time constraints.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Yeah, that's right, completely miss the point of what HF was trying to say and try to prove your own point in some extreme way

You go, gurl

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would too, Poppy. But Chrono Trigger DS wasn't terribly poplar, which I believe was partly because they decided to make it fit in better with a Chrono Cross(which people only hated(or atleast mainly) because it screwed with the CT characters.

Anyway, Chrono for Smash, I agree. I only own Cross, though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The version for the Nintendo DS sold 790,000 copies as of March 2009.
790,000 as of three years ago. Just for DS. And just Chrono Trigger(this info doesn't include Cross). There's also the original, Virtual Console, a mobile phone version, a Playstation version, and a version planned for Androids.

Chrono Trigger was the third best-selling game of 1995, and the game's SNES and PSX iterations have shipped 2.65 million copies as of March 2003.
And THAT was 9 years ago. Seems pretty popular to me. Maybe not the DS version by itself, but all of the versions combined make quite a hefty number.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really like that stage concept. I really do. But if Chrono Trigger isn't in Smash, I'd like a suitable substitute for this stage concept in one of the Nintendo franchises... I dunno about you but it seems like it could work in a Zelda stage.

Maybe Hyrule Castle throughout the three timelines? The Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time (return of the 64 stage), The Wind Water, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm talking about the non-DS versions. They're more popular than the revamped version. The others were generally the same.

It's like comparing Super Mario 64 to Super Mario 64 DS. One's an upgrade, but they're actually different games overall.

I wouldn't call the GBA version of Zelda II any different from the original NES version.

The numbers aren't that close, and sales only indicate initial sales, and not if people liked it all that much instead. So sales =/= popularity. They are related, but still separate.

For example, Quest 64 had a fair ton of sales at first, but it's popularity is meh. If CTDS didn't sell nearly as much, it probably got not so great reviews(or recommendations), or that people didn't like what the new version is, and only kept to the old one, which they could've found superior.

In addition, I'd like to note that CT DS is super easy to find still, where the original two CT's were very difficult to find due to tons of sales. Hell, on average, both of the originals outsold the remake. So I'd say the remake isn't AS popular as the original.(for whatever reasons)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like that idea. One problem, though... Frog doesn't appear. If anywhere, it should with Marle, Lucca, and Robo.
Hmmm... I did that awhile back. Perhaps there was a reason? Or not. Either way it is the premise.

This is how I rank my Square Enix series:

Chrono Trigger
Mana
Dragon Quest
Bust A Move (Since Square owns Taito now)
pre-FF7 Final Fantasy
Saga Frontier
Kingdom Hearts

I really like that stage concept. I really do. But if Chrono Trigger isn't in Smash, I'd like a suitable substitute for this stage concept in one of the Nintendo franchises... I dunno about you but it seems like it could work in a Zelda stage.

Maybe Hyrule Castle throughout the three timelines? The Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time (return of the 64 stage), The Wind Water, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past.

*coughTempleofTimecough*

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmmm... I did that awhile back. Perhaps there was a reason? Or not. Either way it is the premise.

This is how I rank my Square Enix series:

Chrono Trigger
Mana
Dragon Quest
Bust A Move (Since Square owns Taito now)
Final Fantasy
Saga Frontier
Kingdom Hearts
I just found the irony in the cover of CT.

Marle is shown using Fire. She has Water magic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ain't legit without a picture with you, writing it on paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom