• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Needs a Nintendo appearance, yo. :p

@MO: Oh, yeah....!
Let's cross our fingers for a wii u vc release.

@diddy
If that's directed at me, metal started it >_>

VVV the wii u will most likely get new installments in those series, that won't happen power stone. The least they could do is give us the old version T_T. I know it's unlikely but still
:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wow, kinda slow day today

You know, I feel to proud to say that I actually got to play a little bit of the Dreamcast before its time ended (the only game I ever played on it though was the first Soul Calibur)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, slow day today.

@Yani: Congrats. Although I usually use MK for that mode.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If you put two and two together, you CAN draw something!

1)Love the image, as always
2)Not sure if your serious, but just in case:
Fill in the blanks
2,3,4,X
6,9,9,X

There is a pattern for the first one, but not for the second. It all goes back to the old habit of finding patterns where there aren't any.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
1)Love the image, as always
2)Not sure if your serious, but just in case:
Fill in the blanks
2,3,4,X
6,9,9,X

There is a pattern for the first one, but not for the second. It all goes back to the old habit of finding patterns where there aren't any.
6, 9, 9, X

Up 3, stay same, up 3... so 12. I found the code. :troll:

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
2 more questions:

1) Is there a separate topic for wishlists?
2) Why should clones be used liberally instead of sparingly?

In terms of cutting characters, here are the 4 characters I'd least mind cutting:

Toon Link (Should be reduced to a Young Link costume)
Lucario (Diamond and Pearl are passe. Mewtwo is better-known and more important to the Pokemon franchise, and should therefore be brought back and made MUCH more formidable than in Melee. If not Mewtwo, then who is Black/White's plot/role equivalent to Lucario?)
Lucas (This is a maybe. If he's to be kept, revamp him so he isn't a Ness clone. I'm leaning more towards removing him because the Mother Earthbound series only has 3 games, and therefore doesn't deserve more than 1 character because a 4th Mother Earthbound game is unlikely.)
ROB (I can take or leave him. In ROB's favor, he worked out very well in Brawl and could be made a character in another franchise. Against ROB, it's an old peripheral for Nintendo that only worked with 2 games in the 80's.)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
2 more questions:

1) Is there a separate topic for wishlists?
2) Why should clones be used liberally instead of sparingly?

In terms of cutting characters, here are the 4 characters I'd least mind cutting:

Toon Link (Should be reduced to a Young Link costume)
Lucario (Diamond and Pearl are passe. Mewtwo is better-known and more important to the Pokemon franchise, and should therefore be brought back and made MUCH more formidable than in Melee. If not Mewtwo, then who is Black/White's plot/role equivalent to Lucario?)
Lucas (This is a maybe. If he's to be kept, revamp him so he isn't a Ness clone. I'm leaning more towards removing him because the Mother Earthbound series only has 3 games, and therefore doesn't deserve more than 1 character because a 4th Mother Earthbound game is unlikely.)
ROB (I can take or leave him. In ROB's favor, he worked out very well in Brawl and could be made a character in another franchise. Against ROB, it's an old peripheral for Nintendo that only worked with 2 games in the 80's.)
Sakurai said a Child Link with a near-exact moveset is inevitable because he thinks a Child Link is important.
Lucario represents 4th Generation, and could(key word COULD) return.
Lucas represents Mother 3, a seperate game from Earthbound(which is repped by Ness), yet they share a lot of abilities in-game. Ness has next to no offensive PSI, and neither does Lucas, so a moveset had to be made up.
ROB is very important to Nintendo history, and is probably the reason we HAVE Smash Bros., as he stopped the Video Game Crash with his incredibly unique concept.

UNRELATED EDIT: Playing through Chrono Trigger, and Masamune just kicked my ***. :glare:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just noticed that Kirby Air Ride's initials make KAR.
Ironic, huh?

Zulo

Smash Ace
Can anyone link me to a site that is likely to have updates about released Smash 4 information? I know there's not much news about it yet so I don't feel like monitoring this thread, since it's mostly speculation anyways.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can anyone link me to a site that is likely to have updates about released Smash 4 information? I know there's not much news about it yet so I don't feel like monitoring this thread, since it's mostly speculation anyways.
Honestly, I just expect the DOJO to change games. It seems like too much work to make an entirely new website when you could just update a pre-existing one.

yani

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same thing my friend. I think this will give us a general idea of how a Smash DS will function

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was thinking the same thing my friend. I think this will give us a general idea of how a Smash DS will function
I wonder if the tip toe thing from Smash games will be gone then. Come to think of it, is the Circle Pad analog or not. If not, the flicking may be defined by the time it takes to switch from neutral to some direction or something complicated like that.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sakurai said a Child Link with a near-exact moveset is inevitable because he thinks a Child Link is important.
Lucario represents 4th Generation, and could(key word COULD) return.
Lucas represents Mother 3, a seperate game from Earthbound(which is repped by Ness), yet they share a lot of abilities in-game. Ness has next to no offensive PSI, and neither does Lucas, so a moveset had to be made up.
ROB is very important to Nintendo history, and is probably the reason we HAVE Smash Bros., as he stopped the Video Game Crash with his incredibly unique concept.

UNRELATED EDIT: Playing through Chrono Trigger, and Masamune just kicked my ***. :glare:
Yeah he kinda does that. Just wait till you get up to T-Rex, and some of the lavos spawn. XD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But I don't want all future Smash games to keep reusing the same rosters from previous games with a couple new characters thrown in. I want a sequel, not an expansion.
That is a sequel... just not the kind of sequel (and a small amount of other people) want. Again, most people don't want to abandon this roster because this is a roster we like. Many characters balance out other characters, and cover other characters weaknesses. If we take some of those characters and play styles out, then you could have some serious balancing issues. Plus on top of that, it is a lot easier to balance characters you have used before that have the same play style (ie: Mario) in each game than make a new one. It also requires a lot more work to add newcomers (because with past characters you know what to do).

Plus without "Nintendo's All-Stars," most people will be turned off. It would be a terrible business decision. If let's say Sonic, Toon Link, and Captain Falcon are cut-their fans will be turned off. Toon Link is the only reason I play Brawl. If Smash 4 is a crappy as Brawl, I won't buy it without Toon Link. Plus Captain Falcon is everyone's favorite smash character whether they admit it or not-INCLUDING SAKURAI!!! You seem to be hiding that you think the current roster or smash bros system is broken. Quite frankly if it was, nobody would be on this site or care about this game. In other words, it would be that Cartoon Network fighting game. :troll:
If Smash 4 only has 45 slots and it doesn't cut anyone from Brawl and readds Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario... that's 38 veterans so far... and then adds 7 newcomers: Mega Man, King K. Rool, Ghirahim or Toon Zelda/Sheik, Palutena or Medusa, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, and Ridley. That's it.
Why the heck would you add half of those characters=??? Not many people are asking for Dr. Mario to return (except as an alternate outfit), Ghirahim (he's Vatti 2.0), Krystal (she has a ton of haters, and is the symbol what is wrong with Star Fox), and Toon Zelda/Sheik. Plus clones and veterans don't take as long to create, assuming you don't recreate them entirely like what happened to Falco in Brawl (kinda like how keeping old clients in business is about 3 times cheaper than replacing them with new clients).

Plus 45 is lowballing it. I think 51 is the number (from 64 to Melee we got 14 extra slots, and Melee to Brawl we got 13 extra slots, so 12 slots, or 51 total makes sense), especially with all those clones you added (Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik and Dr. Mario).
Then come Smash 5 and it only has 55 slots, we don't cut anyone from Smash 4... that leaves us with 10 available slots for newcomers... it adds the following: Toad or Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, the remaining Kid Icarus goddess, Golden Sun character, Sin & Punishment character, Starfy, Takamaru, 6th or 7th gen Pokemon, Little Mac, and new Fire Emblem lord.
Technically Smash 5 is either the 3DS or Wii U smash. But regardless, 55 characters is a lot.
Then in Smash 6, no one gets cut and it gets 65 slots...10 newcomers are: one character from each of the following (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out) and a character from a future new series.

I might as well just skip over Smash 4 and Smash 5 and just buy Smash 6 in 20 years from now because it will have all the characters from the last five games. :rolleyes:
You obviously haven't played smash 64, Melee, and Brawl if you are saying that. The big thing that makes smash bros game different is not added and new content, characters, items, stages, and modes, but a completely new smash bros gameplay experience. Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl all play completely differently with (mostly) the same mechanics. That is what makes each smash bros game unique. Plus where the heck are you getting these character numbers from=???

The primary reason we don't want "our" characters to leave is we want to play each of them in each unique smash bros game. They each play totally different (the Brawl cast), and we want to see what they would be like with different physics, different offensive and defensive gameplay experience, new techniques, and all kinds of new stuff. Imagine if Captain Falcon wasn't in Melee. Exactly. We all love the way he played in that game. Aggressive, powerful, fast, technical as heck, and a great character to watch or play as. Now we all want to see that in the next smash with a new smash bros physics and balancing.

And you know who would be an awesome (truly retro) character=???

The original Nintendo villain...

...because there is no AARP rule against old people being in fighting games! :awesome: Cranky Kong for Smash Wii U and 3DS.
*crosses fingers that one of these two new smash bros games is called Drunk Irish Bar Fight with Bar Stools... now featuring more Drunk Irish people!*

D

Deleted member

YES, way to bring back the old (no pun intended. Or IS it intended...? :troll:) Cranky Kong discussion!
Someone bump the moveset that was made pages ago!

Or at least the Final Smash of him drinking a potion to temporarily change him back to Classic Donkey Kong.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok guys, i guess i'm off (darn library computers! *shakes fist*) but i'll hopefully be back later. ^^

Also, posted a fair bit in the backroom. :-P

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
YES, way to bring back the old (no pun intended. Or IS it intended...? :troll:) Cranky Kong discussion!
Someone bump the moveset that was made pages ago!

Or at least the Final Smash of him drinking a potion to temporarily change him back to Classic Donkey Kong.
Where=??? I wanna read a Cranky Kong moveset... :(

But for realZ, Cranky Kong could do ANYTHING! He could use all kinds of potions (to turn into the old 8-bit Donkey Kong, become giant, become tiny, do a burp attack that is like a sonic boom, pull out a jetpack, set off a grenade, etc), throw barrels, beat people with his cane, etc. Seriously, Cranky Kong could literally be the craziest character in smash yet.

Man, it would be seriously rad if we got Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, and Cranky Kong. That would literally be the perfect Donkey Kong character roster. That roster of Donkey Kong characters in a classic smash bros games (assuming none of them are Mewtwo Melee-esk) would make me so happy, I could literally live without and not complain (too much) without another Donkey Kong Country game... EVER!!! :cool: (and you all know I love me some DKC!)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
Well, maybe not that detailed. Remember, part of Smash 64's graphics were Super Nintendo-ish (plus that is from Kirby 64, which came out a few years later). King Dedede would have probably looked like a hybrid between his cameo self in Dreamland 64 and what he looked like in Kirby 64.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol, how can you call THAT detailed.

It's from a beta Kirby Air Ride 64.

ALSO, it'd be neat if the next Battlefield had a LOOK for each series represented by characters, and depending on who was in the lead, it would MORPH to fit their series. Or something. Of course, it's neutral state would be something weird like the past Battlefields.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
Yes, well Smash 64's graphics weren't even that good (need I remind you). Just look at how poor graphically Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Mario in particular look. King Dedede would look a tad bit less "detailed." Honestly Smash 64's graphics, although nostalgic and having a certain "classic" aura about them, were far from impressive for its' time.

You know what I think would be cool=??? (to play off your Battlefield idea) The ability to choose story mode stages. You know, the SSE had some cool stages (that Stadium in the beginning would make a great stage), and I think stages from the story mode, especially from a story mode that actually takes place in the universes represented in smash bros, would have some awesome stages. Plus I kinda hate not being able to play every stage in the game... :glare:

Another neat idea I had was a stage featuring various Nintendo consoles that changed the character's graphics. Make 'em 2D like 1-bit (Game and Watch), 4-bit black and white (Gameboy), 4-bit colored (Gameboy Color), 8-bit (NES), 16-bit (SNES), 32-bit (Gameboy Advance), 64-bit (N64; make the characters look like out of Smash 64, including non-smash 64 playable characters), 128-bit (DS), 256-bit (Gamecube; make the characters look like out of Melee, including none-Melee playable characters), and 512-bit (Wii; make the characters look like out of Brawl, including non-Brawl playable characters). That would be pretty cool, although entirely unnecessary. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I remember that I thought DK was really ugly in Smash 64, and looked to much like a doll.

Which is probably why I sticked to Pika mostly.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Good stuff being talked around here, hohoo.

I'd really love to see Cranky in. Mario gets to battle against his most memorable nemesis after Bowser. Just, wow.

Uprising again, maan. It's really making me think of Sin & Punishment with not Star Fox Assault, but also Twinbee Yahho somewhat with characters talking during the gameplay which kind of adds to the scene, some dynamic parallax scrolling moments and and light-heartedness seen from the enemies' design and such. (And then there's LOTS OF WEAPONS)

Yeah, that game is quite short, but still, it still freaking memorable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom