• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a good thing then that heavily detailed characters as Bowser, Dedede and Mewtwo didn't make it in 64 actually...

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I looove imagining what characters would have looked like if they were in Smash 64. Something about the ****iness of the graphics has me quite fond of them.

They're just so... Simple. :3

Incidentally, Bowser is going to be the most graphically impressive character in Sm4sh.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Diddy Dittos
Turning vanilla brawl into banana brawl since it's conception.
Edit: Pressing last page sent me like 10 pages back so this won't make sense

Back on topic, could you imagine mewtwo in smash 64? That'd be scary as ****.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have an interesting concept I am going to try. It is a graphic roster, but not one that people typically do... Hopefully it turns out well. Ooh suspense.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I looove imagining what characters would have looked like if they were in Smash 64. Something about the ****iness of the graphics has me quite fond of them.

They're just so... Simple. :3

Incidentally, Bowser is going to be the most graphically impressive character in Sm4sh.
Bowser probably would have looked the same way he did in Mario Party 1. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Dittos
Turning vanilla brawl into banana brawl since it's conception.
Edit: Pressing last page sent me like 10 pages back so this won't make sense

Back on topic, could you imagine mewtwo in smash 64? That'd be scary as ****.
Had a Diddy Ditto vs Yani 2 days back, never did one before actually so yeah, know what you mean. Was still fun though.

Mewtwo in Smash 64... Knowing how strong throws where I think he would've been pretty damn good.

D

Deleted member

Given 64's playstyle, Mewtwo would likely be top tier.

Though, not being a heavy competitive player, I'm probably spouting off garbage...

D

Deleted member

A - Swats hand
AA - Bats cane forward
AAA - Starts slowly waving cane up and down while moaning in a cranky tone

run attack - Throws a hip out and stumbles forward

forward tilt - Poke cane forward in a billiard type motion
down tilt - Kicks shriveled leg forward
up tilt - Swats around in the air as if he was trying to down a fly

forward smash - Throws cane forward like a javelin
down smash - Gives a strong kick forward with leg
up smash - Uses bald head to swing and hit opponent

Special: Potion - Throws a potion bottle forward. Different effects result upon color of bottle.
Side Special: Rambi - Hops atop Rambi, holding down B will charge Rambi until released. The longer held the faster Rambi will charge.
Up Special: Squawks - Cranky holds onto Squawks, pressing B will allow him to lob a nut forward. Using that attack cuts recovery time, putting Cranky in danger.
Down Special: Scold - Cranky Kong starts rambling and yelling at character. If in close proximity a character will freeze.

aerial - Looks down and freaks out mid air. Flailing out
forward aerial - Swings cane forward in a downward arc. Meteor smash.
back aerial - Falls backwards midair
down aerial - Kicks feet below him
up aerial - Prods into the air with his cane
FS:
Crank Kong drinks a potion and he grows young again. A blinding light engulfs Cranky Kong and suddenly a large figure emerges. An 8-bit Donkey Kong appears on the stage and throws barrels to the left and right of him. Running into the monkey causes serious knock back and damage.
There you go, Johnknight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Makes me often wonder why Brawl was the exact opposite of that

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure there's probably a thread for this already, but who do you guys think will make it in?

Will there be ATs again? Inclusion of the red shell once more? Toggleable tripping?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt tripping would ever be toggleable. It's either in or out

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Your kidding, right?
I'm talking about move induced tripping. Attacks that cause tripping are perfectly fine. I don't want it any other way outside of items.

I do wish that a certain attack would ALWAYS cause tripping.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I realize he means random tripping.

This mechanic doesn't seem like something Nintendo would make toggleable though

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Tripping is the worst thing they added into Brawl. I hope they actually get rid of that ****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed with PsychoIncarnate here, except Sakurai is the one who chooses it. Nintendo does not make the game, Sakurai and Sora LTD. does.

But anyway, it's horribly designed, and was clearly only meant to make air games more important. Unfortunately, not enough characters have a severely good airgame, and it specifically made MK better.(albeit, I think we wouldn't have had banned him if it wasn't for the airgame-style)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
For some reason, I was thinking earlier of what balance changes they could've done for Brawl.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Tripping was a rather hilarious tactic to watch; however, it was distracting as well during the gameplay. I agree that it should be removed for SSB4.

I'm sure there's probably a thread for this already, but who do you guys think will make it in?

Will there be ATs again? Inclusion of the red shell once more? Toggleable tripping?
I'm fairly sure that ATs will return alongside the Pokeball Pokemon. Also indeed it is very odd that the red shell did not return in Brawl. We had green shells, yes, but red shells on their own were rather fine items. It would be nice of them to return.

In terms of characters, I'll be posting my roster soon. Though it is generally similar to most of the other rosters found lying around this thread.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Tripping as a side effect of moves/bananas should stay like kuma said. Although I don't think moves should have 100% trip rate, more like 55%

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tripping as a side effect of moves/bananas should stay like kuma said. Although I don't think moves should have 100% trip rate, more like 55%

Why? Balance the tripping moves properly and they should be fine.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tripping was a genius mechanic used the wrong way. They could of noticed that random tripping is more annoying than comical.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To prevent possible lockers like banana locks which might not be seen during development.

That kind of thing can be remedied with proper fail-safe mechanics. Balanced Brawl, without changing any properties on ledge invincibility, limited planking to just five ledge grabs and then you're forced to get back on stage.

The banana thing, though, is arguably broken and may just need to be nerfed by making it where they're only good for one slip instead of being like the item.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tripping was a genius mechanic used the wrong way. They could of noticed that random tripping is more annoying than comical.
If the Random part didn't exist, it would be perfect.

Then again, I like approaching from the air, people wasting time dash-dancing is eliminated, and it keeps Smash from being a pure technical game. Which I like.

Still overall stupid, but not as huge as people are making it.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
If the Random part didn't exist, it would be perfect.

Then again, I like approaching from the air, people wasting time dash-dancing is eliminated, and it keeps Smash from being a pure technical game. Which I like.

Still overall stupid, but not as huge as people are making it.
I agree slipping really did not bother me when it was caused by banana's only when it was randomly caused from running

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's been a while since we discussed what our Gen V Pokemon stage will be. A lot of ideas have been thrown around, but I don't recall this one. NIMBASA CITY. Don't you remember the ferris wheel?

"I am the king of Team Plasma."

It's a rather memorable scene, and the ferris wheel could provide an interesting set of moving platforms to battle on. Not to mention the VIEW. You'd probably be able to see much of Unova from that thing. Of course, N would make a cameo on this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom