• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
To Diddy Kong: I've been considering it. My first instinct is that Toad should maybe be playable, and Peach should use something else to counter. I'd say Toadsworth's cane so it can still be associated with Toads.

To HyperFalcon: Because I know so little about the Pokemon franchise, perhaps Zoroark should replace Lucario in a sense, because Generation 4 is no longer the newest. Completely new moveset, but similar body frame. I settle for this idea because I don't count on a better idea coming up.

By the way, are we allowed to post our wish lists in this topic?

D

Deleted member

Zekrom is a giant creature. And like the other similar Legendaries, is more likely to be a stage element. We have yet to see any Box Legendary playable, so I'd put him in there first. I'd rather see him on a stage, to be honest.

I'd rather see Zoroark, Victini, or Genesect, really. That mostly humanoid shape gives very easy moveset potential.

Zekrom's only 9 feet, dude. Technically, he's smaller than Ridley.
And if Ridley is not "too big"....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zekrom's only 9 feet, dude. Technically, he's smaller than Ridley.
And he's the mascot of one total version, and not even the 3rd Version. Also, that's pretty big. :p

But that wasn't my point. I find him better suited for a stage element like the rest. If it was Kyurem, perhaps...

@GTA: Only if they can't fit Lucario back in. Although, so far, latest gens got first dibs if there's a second Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

And he's the mascot of one total version, and not even the 3rd Version. Also, that's pretty big. :p

But that wasn't my point. I find him better suited for a stage element like the rest. If it was Kyurem, perhaps...

It's only 3 ft larger than Mewtwo. Besides, again, Zekrom is smaller than Ridley.

Charizard was also the mascot of one total version (remake not counting), and it wasn't the 3rd Version. By that, Blastoise should've been part of Pokemon Trainer, not Charizard. (Blue was originally the 3rd version.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lots of responses! :D

I remember that I thought DK was really ugly in Smash 64, and looked to much like a doll.

Which is probably why I sticked to Pika mostly.
Yeah Donkey Kong probably looked the ugliest. I actually think Fox and Pikachu probably looked the best. Samus also didn't look too bad, either.
The graphics were **** even by N64 standards.
That is pretty much what I was saying before. However, note that Smash 64 was originally designed for the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom, and was also a low-budget game. Melee is when the series really started getting a noticeably large(-ish) budget... >.>
Incidentally, Bowser is going to be the most graphically impressive character in Sm4sh.
No, Snake's bootie will be the most graphically detailed. DAT ***!!! :awesome:
Given 64's playstyle, Mewtwo would likely be top tier.

Though, not being a heavy competitive player, I'm probably spouting off garbage...
No, I think you are right.
There you go, Johnknight.
Thanks.
Crank Kong drinks a potion and he grows young again. A blinding light engulfs Cranky Kong and suddenly a large figure emerges. An 8-bit Donkey Kong appears on the stage and throws barrels to the left and right of him. Running into the monkey causes serious knock back and damage.
That was an awesome post Star. ;)
I'm talking about move induced tripping. Attacks that cause tripping are perfectly fine. I don't want it any other way outside of items.
Agreed. Items and some moves (ie: Diddy's banana peels) causing tripping is cool, but random tripping is just annoying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's only 3 ft larger than Mewtwo. Besides, again, Zekrom is smaller than Ridley.
I was joking about the size in the first place. I'd rather have a Zekrom/Reshiram team. Neither of those are truly important enough for representation of 5th Gen as a whole.

Charizard was also the mascot of one total version (remake not counting), and it wasn't the 3rd Version. By that, Blastoise should've been part of Pokemon Trainer, not Charizard. (Blue was originally the 3rd version.)
Again, Pokemon Green used Venusaur. There is no devolution for Zekrom either. In addition, all four versions got repped in the end, with Pikachu being first, then the entire Trio of Red, Green, and Blue. Also, Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusaur all were Pokeballed throughout the series. In addition, LeafGreen was also the version that showed Venusaur.

Likewise, when has a Legendary Box Mascot been anything more than a Pokeball/Stage Element.

D

Deleted member

While I get the 2nd point, you seriously don't think Zekrom and Reshiram represent the 5th Gen as a whole? Really?

Conversely, since when has a Mew-like Event Pokemon been playable? Victini's out as well. :troll:

But of course, no one can argue against the fact that Krokorok is best. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not one or the other. Both combined, or none at all. They represent only one version each. The point is the represent the whole series.

And yeah, that's part of why I think Victini'll be the new Mew.

I don't see Zoroark as being indefinite. Also, keep in mind the four 1st Gen Box Pokemon are all playable without having another version exclusively. As in, I can play as Venusaur in FireRed, etc. without NEEDING the other version. Reshiram and Zekrom can only be played depending the version. That's why I prefer Kyurem or another Legendary, since they're available in them all.(well, not all of them are, but some are)

yani

Smash Lord
I wanna see more Yoshi, Wario, & Mother/Earthbound trophies :glare:

I'm also pumped for an epic Zelda trophy collection. I mean we'll have OoT3D, SS, and the possibilities of a Zelda HD,Zelda 3DS, & Majora's Mask 3DS. Talk about godly :awesome: :link:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we could use more trophies from older entries in the long-lasting series. You know, like more Mario trophies from the classic NES/SNES/N64 games (various enemies, Wart, Bowser's kids, various colors of Yoshis, etc). I would love to see a trophy of Aghanim from A Link to the Past. :cool:

Also, need more no pants bro fists in this thread... >.>

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Add a Twinkle Popo trophy and I shall be the happiest camper. :awesome:

FROG. IS. A. BAD***. He cut a mountain in half(TWICE in the DS version). THAT is his potential Final Smash(Cuz we all know that if Chrono Trigger gets a character, it will be either Crono himself or Frog.).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I concur Johnknight :awesome:. That's why Melee's trophies rocked
Seriously, all the Brawl trophies were from newer games. I like having stuff from newer games, but don't forget the classics man! We can have the best of both/all worlds with the trophies in a single smash bros game!
Add a Twinkle Popo trophy and I shall be the happiest camper. :awesome:

FROG. IS. A. BAD***. He cut a mountain in half(TWICE in the DS version). THAT is his potential Final Smash(Cuz we all know that if Chrono Trigger gets a character, it will be either Crono himself or Frog.).
Frog is pretty cool, but Crono is the man. Chrono Trigger is an excellent, classic, and revolutionary game by any standards.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian is a Badass. He took over 9,000 monsters himself(easily), took out a demon of avarice, an Ogre with so much immense magical strength that his magical defense is inpenetrable except for a gay guy, and killed a Wyvern. Twice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
~And like a simple breeze, I arrive~
What's good, ya'll? Keepin' your pants in knots, or are we hanging on for SSB4, still? I noticed some new people have been coming in and out. Here's my Victini moveset for them too look at. Rate/Comments are abliged.

[COLLAPSE="Victini Moveset"]
B): Searing Shot: He brings both hands up, and charges a huge fire ball above himself. It takes 1 second longer to charge then Lucario's Aura Sphere. When released, and fire ball with fiery rings surrounding it will be shot straight forward. It's one click slower than Lucario's Aura Sphere, and goes 3 character spaces forward. When it hits someone, it explodes 1 1/2 character spaces around it, and does higher damage than a Bob-omb, but less knockback than a Bob-Omb. If it goes 3 character spaces, and hits no one, it'll do the effect stated above, except it'll do half of what it usually does.

(B)>: Zen Headbutt: Victini dashes forward in quick succession. If opponent is near, he'll grab them, then headbutt them forward. If you use this in the air, it'll be like Jigglypuff’s (B)>. If he grabs someone in the air, he'll put them under him, and he'll fly straight down, with his head to the victim. It’s a mix of Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf's (B)>, to be precise.

(B)v: Work Up
He holds the ground with both hands, and then starts to glow orange and blue. Anyone who attacks him does damage, but no knockback. They might wanna step off, because when attacked, he'll grab the opponent, and throws them upwards, then he headbutts them with a mini-V-Create. It deals double the damage they did to him. So, if Ike does around 30% DMG, Victini does 60% DMG. The opponent will also be shot upwards, but always 2 character spaces upwards. Sheilds will not protect, for it’s a grapple attack. It takes 2 seconds for Victini to recover from it.

(B)^: Flame Charge:
He shoots himself upwards, then press the analog stick in any direction, and he'll be shot that direction as well. Much like Pikachu's, but does Fire damage, and has a sweet spot on the 2nd dash, which is at the tip end of his dash (Like Wolf's (B)>)
[/COLLAPSE]

Here's also a new moveset for Young Link:

[COLLAPSE="Young Link Moveset"]
(B): Slingshot: He brings out his Slingshot, and pulls the band back. It quickly charges, and can be fired quickly. You can move while charging, as well. When you fire, it’s as fast as Pit’s (B) arrows, but does less damage. But if a charged shot hits a shielding opponent, this move breaks the shield easier, possibly destroying it. You can fire upwards, forward, behind yourself (Turning around) as well.

(B)>: Roll-Smash:
He rolls, going 2 ½ character spaces forward. Anyone hit will be smashed directly upwards. If this move is spammed three times, Young Link becomes dizzy. The move will consider Spam by time. So, after one roll, wait 3 seconds so that you can avoid dizziness. This move does not work in the sky, but if you press it as soon as you hit the floor, you’ll roll, canceling the stall time from any attack you might of used.

(B)v: Bomb-chus:
He lets a Bomb-chu run off in front of himself. The Bomb-chu will go straight, and will blow up when someone touches it. This move deals a little bit more damage than Link’s normal Bombs. In the sky, it’ll drop straight down, and then continue walking. Only two Bomb-Chus can be out at one time from one person. Also, if it hits a wall, it blows up.

(B)^: Bunny Hood:
He spawns a temporary Bunny Hood, and jumps. If Young Link is already wearing a Bunny Hood, he’ll jump like normal. If he does this near someone, he’ll jump off them first, while either putting on the bunny hood, or straightening It, depending if he’s already wearing it.
[/COLLAPSE]

@HyperFalcon Sorry, bro, but he ain't the first one to do that :awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All of a sudden, I've been thinking about Rosalina again. But I'm pretty much aware that her odds aren't very strong. On the other hand, she could be utilized as one of the DLC characters that you can purchase and play as.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Our topic is in "Featured Topic"-list! Heh!

We rule SmashBoards for naw!!

Asage: Swell done there, gotta admit. /Hoping really to see Victini in Smash./

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage: Swell done there, gotta admit. /Hoping really to see Victini in Smash./
Yeah, thanks. Hopefully, I can finish the blog I have that holds the Entire moveset, and show it to Sakurai via Twitter. My bro here at school knows how to translate English<Japanese.

BTW, if you want Victini 4 Sm4sh, join the Facebook alliance for Victini. More attention=More possibilities.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Touching the subject discussed earlier, yeah, random tripping's got to be just about the biggest b(HELLO) I've ever had the "pleasure" of hating. But character-move-based tripping WAS an interesting concept.

Maybe I'm getting too far into Fantasy Zone now, but what if we had other toggleable things for Smash 4? Say for example, dash-dancing or Melee/Brawl/Hybrid Air-Dodging?

And personally, if (assuming the same third parties, Snake and Sonic, got on 4) we got a secondary character for the 3rd parties, I'd go with Gray Fox/MGS4 Raiden (With perhaps Vic Viper or Contra's Bill as ATs) and Golden Axe's Gillius (Because I'm sure SEGA doesn't "just" have Sonic on their roster of franchises).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Are you guys still ok with random outcomes for attacks? Honestly, I like my attacks to be 100% consistent in properties and let me and my opponents do all the randomness.

On another topic, a lot of the special intros for Street Fighter X Tekken have been put up. We've talked about matchup specific intros, but what about this kind of treatment for team matches?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bI4PVXGiiw&feature=player_embedded#!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Are you guys still ok with random outcomes for attacks? Honestly, I like my attacks to be 100% consistent in properties and let me and my opponents do all the randomness.
You know this is already in Smash right? Attack damage has range, and moves like Judgement have a random element.

On another topic, a lot of the special intros for Street Fighter X Tekken have been put up. We've talked about matchup specific intros, but what about this kind of treatment for team matches?
What's this? Post a SFxT thing in a Smash Brothers thread. Never change Kuma.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There aren't that many random attacks SmashChu.

The only one I can actually think of is, as you said, Mr. Game and Watch's Judgment, and Luigi's Negative Zone (his Final Smash).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
There aren't that many random attacks SmashChu.

The only one I can actually think of is, as you said, Mr. Game and Watch's Judgment, and Luigi's Negative Zone (his Final Smash).
Or special attacks, don´t forget the turnips and Waddle Dees.

I don´t have a problem with random attacks. They add a little more surprise/reward/fun factor, IMO. Unless it´s extremely unbalanced like... inflicting lots of damage on yourself, I don´t see a problem.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Or special attacks, don´t forget the turnips and Waddle Dees.

I don´t have a problem with random attacks. They add a little more surprise/reward/fun factor, IMO. Unless it´s extremely unbalanced like... inflicting lots of damage on yourself, I don´t see a problem.
Good point. I guess I forgot about King Dedede's Waddle Dee toss and Peach's turnips. Honestly, I kind of like it that way where this happens randomly (including competitively), and you have to stay on your toes.

King Dedede can throw those spike things, and all kinds of other Kirby enemies, so you have to be alert for them. Meanwhile, Peach could get a bomb-omb, hammers, kooopa shells, and even Smash Balls. This forces you have to have a plan beforehand, and whoever can operate best under these elements and is the most prepared usually comes out on top in this situations.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

That'd be pretty good, actually

Maybe some character rivalries alongside that, too?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I prefer how Smash does it. I love the art of randomness, as it still keeps the game from ever getting stale.

If every attack is always the same, with the same exact damage output, it gets boring after a while.

The fact that the style of Smash lacks true consistency in attacks is what makes me love it so much.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Random attacks? Personally I'm fine with them, but it does depend on how they're excuted.

BTW, I'm betting that Bandana Dee will be added to King Dedede's F-Special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom