• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Brawl was IMO too based on air combat these days, thanks to poor ground play coupled with floaty physics for no combo play and that ****ING tripping. Gah, they better reverse it, I tell ya.

Tripping can stay as a side-effect on some moves (bananas), but maan...

:phone:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the Masterpieces were pointless. Smash Bros. may be a game dedicated to Nintendo's history; however, small demos of various games just felt like an advertisement if anything to the Virtual Console. They were nice to see, but just weren't worthwhile to play when Brawl was delivered with all its other modes.

I really do want to see the return individual Target Smash stages, and the race to the finish mode from Melee. I would also like to see some more inspiring event matches. Melee had some enjoyable ones; however, Brawl's felt like rehashes of the Melee events and some were not even too interesting themselves in my opinion. Trophy Tussle anyone?

D

Deleted member

It's been a while since we discussed what our Gen V Pokemon stage will be. A lot of ideas have been thrown around, but I don't recall this one. NIMBASA CITY. Don't you remember the ferris wheel?

"I am the king of Team Plasma."

It's a rather memorable scene, and the ferris wheel could provide an interesting set of moving platforms to battle on. Not to mention the VIEW. You'd probably be able to see much of Unova from that thing. Of course, N would make a cameo on this stage.
As N also makes it seem like he's trying to **** you. However, joke's on him if you're using someone like Ridley....

D

Deleted member

After seeing Pac-Man being in a Mokujin mech in SFXT, and Tron Bonne in Mahvel 3, I think Smash could have a mech fighter as well.

First character that pops into my mind though, is Dr. Eggman, possibly in a new mech made for Smash called the "Egg Smasher". Wouldn't be too farfetched, as Eggman's always making new types of machines that are original to a certain game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As N also makes it seem like he's trying to **** you. However, joke's on him if you're using someone like Ridley....
I'll have to take a screenshot of Ridley's tail passing through the ferris wheel booth, impaling N.

"I'm N you."

...I N U?

You also just reminded me to add Tails, Eggman, and Jill (Drill Dozer) to my roster making thread.

D

Deleted member

I'll have to take a screenshot of Ridley's tail passing through the ferris wheel booth, impaling N.

"I'm N you."

...I N U?

You also just reminded me to add Tails, Eggman, and Jill (Drill Dozer) to my roster making thread.
Double lawl.

Most epic Roster. Right here. With all these guys, you don't need anyone else.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eggman could make a great boss, since I doubt having two from any Third Party Developer.

A lot of mechs are in the regular First Party and Second Party series, so... yeah.

Anyway, as for a stage from Gen V... argh. That one's hard. Mainly because I haven't beaten it yet.(due to the Gyms actually being a challenge for once)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are you sure you can handle a roster with THREE sunglasses-wielders?! (Mach Rider wears sunglasses under his helmet)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
For the pokemon stage why not the pokemon league ? After all the goal of the game is to going there (and beat the champion, except if some green hair guy beat him before you :awesome: ).

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
For the pokemon stage why not the pokemon league ? After all the goal of the game is to going there (and beat the champion, except if some green hair guy beat him before you :awesome: ).
Like Pokemon Stadium but the background is a remastered version of the outside of the Poke League in black with the types of the Elite 4 being the the transformations. I am for this.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Double lawl.

Most epic Roster. Right here. With all these guys, you don't need anyone else.
Needs moar

As for alt. costumes, I hope customization allows you to give them special equipment or clothing pertaining to their history (Or just a dress-up SIM).

Also, I'm making a poll soon. I need ya'll to vote in it because it may answer the questions of why there aren't many Victini supporters. We know a few things, but I'm assuming there's more.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know why Krokorok has CHAPPED JAWS at the moment? :troll:
*looks at a mysterious bottle of Chalula*
Krokorok....did you try eating that Fire type with Chalula...?
*Krokorok shakes his red-faced head*

EDIT: I really wish there was one 5th Gen Pokemon we could fully count on, like Lucario was for the 4th Gen. (Did anyone think Lucario had other 4th Gen competition?)

It's just too broken up with the 5th Gen...

I mean, think about it. We've got Zoroark, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect as the movie stars (Even if the last three haven't been confirmed for a movie YET.), Reshiram and/or Zekrom as the mascots of the Generation, the Starters due to being more involved within the spin-offs than previous ones, Chandelure for being the most popular Unova Pokemon in Japan (though it wouldn't work), Whimsicott for being the 2nd most popular Unova Pokemon in Japan (which was enough for Jigglypuff previously), and various Pokemon in the anime, such as Axew, Krokorok, Scraggy, etc.

Which one honestly takes the lead?
Furthermore, will the list of Japan's most popular Unova Pokemon change once Keldeo and Kyurem's alternate form (possibly) enter the scene?

D

Deleted member

All in all, I still think Zekrom would be the most likely candidate from the 5th Gen.
Yes, Reshiram is more popular in Japan, but Zekrom has SO MUCH MORE going for it than Reshiram.
I mean, outside of the main games and 14th movie, which it has equal footing to Reshiram, it also has:

1. Role in the anime by the first BW episode.
2. Appearance in the Pokemon Adventures manga.
3. The main character's Pokemon in the Pokemon ReBURST manga. (Currently the only Legendary used for Bursts.)
4. Nobunaga Oda's Pokemon in Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition.
5. Greater popularity in America. (Not sure if this point stands)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole also wears sunglasses. :cool:

Anyway, for a Pokemon Stage, I also ironically earlier today thought of a Gen V stage for the Pokemon League.

You start in the main foyer. Stone columns line the place, but it's pretty basic.

It then goes to Shauntal's room. Will-o-Wisps surround the stage, and burn you if you get too close. In the background, you see Hilbert using Samurott against Shauntal's Golurk. A Cofagrigus may occasionally swallow you and lock you in like a sarcophagus.

You proceed to Marshall. Lights surround a boxing ring like stage. In the background, you see Bianca with her Emboar facing Marshal's Conkeldurr. Pretty basic stage, except you need to avoid the Throh and Sawk that are marching around acting as a sort of bouncer team.

The stage then goes to Caitlin's room. You fight on a platform cloaked in pink Dream Smoke. Inn the background, Hilda is using a Cincinno against Caitlin's Gothitelle. Occasionally, Musharna will drop in to cover the stage with Dream Smoke and put people to sleep.

Next is Grimsley's room. In the background, Grimsley is using his Krookodile (:cool:) against Cheren's Serperior. The high chandelier in the room will fall when attacked and do damage. Occasionally, Bisharp will slash at nearby enemies.

Finally, you go to the Champion's room. You see a battle between N and Alder in the background. N is using Zoroark, and Alder with Volcarona. The stage is once again basic. Zekrom and Reshiram may appear in the background and watch.

The stage remains in this state for the rest of the fight.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Black people these days

Always stingier than a mofo, smh, Smash Wimp

Pokemon stages? I'd like to see Realgam Tower from Pokemon Colosseum in as a stage

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Black people these days

Always stingier than a mofo, smh, Smash Wimp

Pokemon stages? I'd like to see Realgam Tower from Pokemon Colosseum in as a stage
Speaking of Colosseum, who else here hopes that the 3D game for 5th Generation is a Shadow Pokémon game(preferably with Miror B. as the main bad guy)?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Of course we need another Shadow Pokemon game

Bring back Evice and Nascour and the original Cipher Admins, and make capturing wild Pokemon a hell of a lot better this time, while they're at it

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Of course we need another Shadow Pokemon game

Bring back Evice and Nascour and the original Cipher Admins, and make capturing wild Pokemon a hell of a lot better this time, while they're at it
More wild Pokémon, too. The only one I ever caught and kept was Trapinch(to get a Flygon).

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
All in all, I still think Zekrom would be the most likely candidate from the 5th Gen.
Yes, Reshiram is more popular in Japan, but Zekrom has SO MUCH MORE going for it than Reshiram.
I mean, outside of the main games and 14th movie, which it has equal footing to Reshiram, it also has:

1. Role in the anime by the first BW episode.
2. Appearance in the Pokemon Adventures manga.
3. The main character's Pokemon in the Pokemon ReBURST manga. (Currently the only Legendary used for Bursts.)
4. Nobunaga Oda's Pokemon in Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition.
5. Greater popularity in America. (Not sure if this point stands)
It does seem like Zekrom's getting showcased way more than Reshiram these days...another point to add was that Zekrom's movie was announced first (simply as Victini and the Black Hero), and at the time there wasn't really any indication that Reshiram would have a counterpart movie (primarily since we've never had "counterpart" Pokemon movies before).

Muddy Mole also wears sunglasses. :cool:

Anyway, for a Pokemon Stage, I also ironically earlier today thought of a Gen V stage for the Pokemon League.

You start in the main foyer. Stone columns line the place, but it's pretty basic.

It then goes to Shauntal's room. Will-o-Wisps surround the stage, and burn you if you get too close. In the background, you see Hilbert using Samurott against Shauntal's Golurk. A Cofagrigus may occasionally swallow you and lock you in like a sarcophagus.

You proceed to Marshall. Lights surround a boxing ring like stage. In the background, you see Bianca with her Emboar facing Marshal's Conkeldurr. Pretty basic stage, except you need to avoid the Throh and Sawk that are marching around acting as a sort of bouncer team.

The stage then goes to Caitlin's room. You fight on a platform cloaked in pink Dream Smoke. Inn the background, Hilda is using a Cincinno against Caitlin's Gothitelle. Occasionally, Musharna will drop in to cover the stage with Dream Smoke and put people to sleep.

Next is Grimsley's room. In the background, Grimsley is using his Krookodile (:cool:) against Cheren's Serperior. The high chandelier in the room will fall when attacked and do damage. Occasionally, Bisharp will slash at nearby enemies.

Finally, you go to the Champion's room. You see a battle between N and Alder in the background. N is using Zoroark, and Alder with Volcarona. The stage is once again basic. Zekrom and Reshiram may appear in the background and watch.

The stage remains in this state for the rest of the fight.
I haven't played Pokemon Black and White Versions yet, but this seems like an interesting idea. I keep thinking that either N's Castle or Dragonspiral Tower will be made into a stage for SSB4 (although I hope that Dragonspiral Tower wouldn't be a clone stage of the Spear Pillar stage).

For Hoenn Pokemon, I was hoping for a Pokemon Colosseum stage - not so much the actual game "Pokemon Colosseum" (although it maintains the "tradition" of having a stage named after a Pokemon console game in the vein of the Pokemon Stadium stages), but an ancient-themed stage that featured the Regis (Regigigas, Regirock, Registeel, and Regice), as they're the only Legendary Trio (aside from Giratina who completes the Sinnoh dragon trio, and the newly-introduced Generation 5 Tao, Musketeer, and Kami trios) to be absent from the SSB series.

Long ago, there was some kind of "Hoenn Sea" stage somebody mentioned that I liked, where the fight would be waged on the back of a Wailord that swam throughout the waters of Hoenn in a scrolling-stage fashion.

I'm sure there's probably a thread for this already, but who do you guys think will make it in?

Will there be ATs again? Inclusion of the red shell once more? Toggleable tripping?
I'm hoping Assist Trophies return; several of them are useful, and they kind of seem like a type of "honorable mention" thing for characters who couldn't make the actual roster, such as Waluigi and Shadow.

The Red Shell's absence from Brawl was very weird (no reason to exclude it), and I hope it returns in SSB4. I also hope that the Flipper from Melee returns alongside the Bumper item, so that we occasionally might be able to enjoy some "pinball"-ish theatrics during fights.

I'm all for toggleable tripping (another mechanic which adds to the unpredictability of fights) for those times when we "casually" play (i.e., items on, any stage, etc.). This way, competitive fights aren't marred by this random mechanic.
Annoying random tripping (like when you run/smash-attack) that can't be turned off is what I am totally against returning, as they make quite the difference during multiplayer fights and single-player mode challenges.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*looks at a mysterious bottle of Chalula*
Krokorok....did you try eating that Fire type with Chalula...?
*Krokorok shakes his red-faced head*

EDIT: I really wish there was one 5th Gen Pokemon we could fully count on, like Lucario was for the 4th Gen. (Did anyone think Lucario had other 4th Gen competition?)

It's just too broken up with the 5th Gen...

I mean, think about it. We've got Zoroark, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect as the movie stars (Even if the last three haven't been confirmed for a movie YET.), Reshiram and/or Zekrom as the mascots of the Generation, the Starters due to being more involved within the spin-offs than previous ones, Chandelure for being the most popular Unova Pokemon in Japan (though it wouldn't work), Whimsicott for being the 2nd most popular Unova Pokemon in Japan (which was enough for Jigglypuff previously), and various Pokemon in the anime, such as Axew, Krokorok, Scraggy, etc.

Which one honestly takes the lead?
Furthermore, will the list of Japan's most popular Unova Pokemon change once Keldeo and Kyurem's alternate form (possibly) enter the scene?
Meh... bring on Keldeo! I wouldn't mind Keldo... it looks pretty interesting... and it is Pokemon's equivalent to My Little Pony. Imagine all those hacks making Keldo look like a real My Little Pony if it was playable! :awesome: I think Keldo would probably appeal the bronies.

All in seriousness, I think it is Zoroark simply because it was the first 5th gen Pokemon revealed and it's got a body build like Lucario... it is almost like Pokemon Company purposefully set up Zoroark to be the Lucario of the 5th gen. Victini just looks like it would be another Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy anyway.

I still want Meowth, too... it can be the 1st gen newcomer along with the latest gen newcomer... it's been like this since the first game.

64: Pikachu (1st gen) and Jigglypuff (1st gen is the latest gen in 1999)
Melee: Mewtwo (1st gen) and Pichu (2nd gen is the latest gen in 2001)
Brawl: Pokemon Trainer (1st gen) and Lucario (4th gen is the latest gen in 2008)
Smash 4: Meowth (1st gen) and Zoroark/Victini/Keldo/whatever (5th gen is the latest gen as of right now)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think any 5th Gen is even a shoe-in. None are severely popular and have a body build that Sakurai normally works with. He tends to go towards those with limbs as is. Arms and Feet. Not needed, but every character so far has had some variation of it. That why I don't think Chandeleur has that much of a chance.

Zoroark isn't beyond popular either, nor is Victini or Genesect. Unless we get a supremely popular one, we might just get Mewtwo back instead.

D

Deleted member

I still want Meowth, too... it can be the 1st gen newcomer along with the latest gen newcomer... it's been like this since the first game.

64: Pikachu (1st gen) and Jigglypuff (1st gen is the latest gen in 1999)
Melee: Mewtwo (1st gen) and Pichu (2nd gen is the latest gen in 2001)
Brawl: Pokemon Trainer (1st gen) and Lucario (4th gen is the latest gen in 2008)
Smash 4: Meowth (1st gen) and Zoroark/Victini/Keldo/whatever (5th gen is the latest gen as of right now)
Still trying to find patterns from coincidences, aren't we?

1. 1st Gen was the ONLY Gen at the time of 64. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were the first two most popular Pokemon in Japan.
2. Pichu was not originally going to be in Melee, and if Sakurai didn't have the extra time to add clones, we would've just had Pika, Jiggz, and Mewtwo. 3 1st Gens. No 2nd Gen. Pichu was an afterthought to make the Roster bigger, not to make sure 2nd Gen got a rep.
3. The original Pokemon Trainer was a highly requested character since pre-Melee. (Was in the Top 20. Meowth wasn't.) Lucario was added at GameFreak's/Pokemon Company's request.
4. Mewtwo has a 95% chance of coming back. If anything, he will return as the "new" 1st Gen rep.
5. Logically speaking, if there WAS to be a new 1st Gen rep, it'd be Eevee or Mew, not Meowth. I'd explain why, but I don't think you'd listen.

@HyperFalcon: Zekrom is within the Top 10 in America, last I checked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zekrom is a giant creature. And like the other similar Legendaries, is more likely to be a stage element. We have yet to see any Box Legendary playable, so I'd put him in there first. I'd rather see him on a stage, to be honest.

I'd rather see Zoroark, Victini, or Genesect, really. That mostly humanoid shape gives very easy moveset potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom