• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It all good, deserved that one though cause I wasn't expecting it at all. And try your best with Sheik indeed hahah.

Though, Diddy vs Sheik is kinda unfair anyways I guess... :rolleyes:

Well, you all want me the shut up so... :D Gotta stand up to the challenge.

Calling out next challengers.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Duly noted, HF.

EDIT: Yeah, even if the collective SWF peeps here don't beat Diddy, I actually think Ghirahim would be a more expected addition, and for Impa to replace Sheik plays awkwardly in my mind.

(If anyone who feels like battling Diddy next and is capable of going online right now, we should share some codes and warm up against each other. What say y'all? later on.)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry, don't have the time these days. Ask me again a couple of months from now when I am finished with my semester of classes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cool, just Diddy now. Have a Diddy avatar to. Gonna walk to my Wii now. Writing your FC down right now.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Staaar. Is there a song with such prominence in Sin & Punishment that one could say it is Saki's theme, or the theme of the series? :3

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Asage, I had a disk error as soon as you entered. On the toilet now. Restarting in a minute

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
****! Same thing happening again...

Coming back now.

Beat his Sheik.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you sure you can't PM each other instead of adding more comments to an already massive sized thread?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I could see that :p But wanna see your Wolf now

OH **** HAPPENED AGAIN! Gonna clean my disk now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sorry man, my disk is getting errors every time. Let's try tomorrow

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotta clean my disk, but everything in my room is well, not suitable for cleaning lol. So I'll gotta try tomorrow.

Still, had made another honor suicide ^^ Feels good trampling Sheiks, but am looking forward to your Wolf man

yani

Smash Lord
yani / code under avai.. just best out of three and then I gotta work on an essay >.< just make the game so we don't spam this thread, good luck! :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
yani / code under avai.. just best out of three and then I gotta work on an essay >.< just make the game so we don't spam this thread, good luck! :)
U2 brother.

Not having a good day -_-

Yeah... I'm suckin' badly... What is goin' on?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So... look at how far we've come. We've come from being angry every time a certain replacement character was mentioned, and now we're not even discussing Smash Bros Wii U. Screw it, I summon...

...TOON LINK!!!

Toon Link changes I would make:
Up Air: Make it a swipe rather than a stab. Make it still somewhat of a kill move (not like a heavy character kill move), but still be a move that could work in a combo or be used quickly.
Down Air: The way this moves functions is fine, but make it so you can cancel out of it to combo into another move or switch into another move.
Forward Air: Make it two chops (one going up, one going down) done quickly that sends the character either up (if they were above Toon Link), down (if they were below Toon Link), or backwards (if they were even with Toon Link), or some combination of those directions.
Back Air: Leave it exactly or nearly exactly the same.
Neutral Air: This move was perfect for what it was. Keep it the same.

Maybe I'll post my tilt, smashes, specials, grab, or Final Smash ideas later... :cool:

D

Deleted member

It's honestly pointless to discuss changes in Toon Link.
We all know he's just going to be a Link clone, and always will be one.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Staaar. Is there a song with such prominence in Sin & Punishment that one could say it is Saki's theme, or the theme of the series? :3
Well, this song was kind of the prominent one in the N64 title (also served as the credits theme). With a little arranging I think it would make a suitable theme for Saki.

Shoot, Youtube took down most of the Sin and Punishment music from both games.

Oh crap Youtube took down the OSTstation Youtube channel! Shoot there goes the music for most of my stage concepts. O_O

yani

Smash Lord
Wolf= Gone. Now. :facepalm: I'm sorry Yani, that was terrible...
I had fun! Your Lucario is awesome, wrecked me on that dream land stage :glare: Great games man

Another reason why I believe we won't see SS Link. While a revamped Link with a Skyward Strike would be cool, he's the only Link who can do that. If Sakurai sticks to his word of two Links with the same moves, that would rule SS designs out

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Toon Link is a lot less like Link than Young Link. He got two new aerials, a few new tilts, and a completely different play style (whereas Young Link was just a faster weaker Link with a few moves that have fire come out on 'em). I think that trend will continue.

I think next we'll see a smash attack or two change, maybe most of the rest of the aerials and tilts that are similar to Link (like what happened with Falco). Perhaps we may even see the specials change (if not completely used in a different way; I would like to see the fire arrows return).

And I really hope Wolf returns in the next smash bros. I like him as a character, and I think his move set, movement, and really everything about him fits perfectly into the schematics of the smash bros universe. Plus in a more combo-orientated smash bros game, I think he would really be bad a**. He just seems built for a more combo-orientated and smart "limit and control your opponent" offensive-based smash bros game with the way he plays.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They can still use the looks of SS Link. Also, why not replace the Boomerang with Whip, since both Links use it?

Also, the lack of the Boomerang in SS is appalling. :glare:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
So... look at how far we've come. We've come from being angry every time a certain replacement character was mentioned, and now we're not even discussing Smash Bros Wii U. Screw it, I summon...

...TOON LINK!!!

Toon Link changes I would make:
Up Air: Make it a swipe rather than a stab. Make it still somewhat of a kill move (not like a heavy character kill move), but still be a move that could work in a combo or be used quickly.
Down Air: The way this moves functions is fine, but make it so you can cancel out of it to combo into another move or switch into another move.
Forward Air: Make it two chops (one going up, one going down) done quickly that sends the character either up (if they were above Toon Link), down (if they were below Toon Link), or backwards (if they were even with Toon Link), or some combination of those directions.
Back Air: Leave it exactly or nearly exactly the same.
Neutral Air: This move was perfect for what it was. Keep it the same.

Maybe I'll post my tilt, smashes, specials, grab, or Final Smash ideas later... :cool:
Uair: no make it a heavy character kill move and make it come out sooner in exchange for more cool down. Tink has trouble killing and this would help him.
Fair: I'd rather just a forward bair type move. Bair is too good.
Bair: fine
Nair: less cool down

@golden
He's about as much a clone as falco and like John said, they play differently.

D

Deleted member

Well Toon Link is a lot less like Link than Young Link. He got two new aerials, a few new tilts, and a completely different play style (whereas Young Link was just a faster weaker Link with a few moves that have fire come out on 'em). I think that trend will continue.

I think next we'll see a smash attack or two change, maybe most of the rest of the aerials and tilts that are similar to Link (like what happened with Falco). Perhaps we may even see the specials change (if not completely used in a different way; I would like to see the fire arrows return).

And I really hope Wolf returns in the next smash bros. I like him as a character, and I think his move set, movement, and really everything about him fits perfectly into the schematics of the smash bros universe. Plus in a more combo-orientated smash bros game, I think he would really be bad a**. He just seems built for a more combo-orientated and smart "limit and control your opponent" offensive-based smash bros game with the way he plays.
The different moves are specifically because he can't kick like Link can.
Smash Bros. DOJO!! said:
Well, I guess his legs are a little too short... All he can do with his feet is throw people judo-style.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Long and old response!!!

Hypothetical question, guys.

Let's say, Ridley IS a Newcomer for Sm4sh, however, it's Meta Ridley.
What would your reaction be?
Mine? I wouldn't care. It's still Ridley.
Good question that nobody asks these days (this was asked all the time pre-Brawl). I would say the reaction would be mostly positive, especially since fan favorite purple Ridley and red Ridley would undoubtedly be alternate colors/costumes. Regardless it is still Ridley, which is still awesome.

Regardless, I think purple Ridley is the best bet at being Ridley, especially since Sakurai pretty much acknowledged that as the "classic" Ridley via the Brinstar 64 background Ridley being purple, the Ridley Melee trophy being purple, the Melee opening Ridley being purple, and the (standard) Ridley Brawl Boss and trophy being purple. On a side note, I think Meta Ridley will probably be an alternate outfit once Ridley is playable in smash.
I would rather not use IGN, tbh. I kind of want to keep the poll in more... repspectable hands. It's the whole double voting that makes e nervous. Today, I found someone clearly voted three times in a row, and so I'm pretty weary to take it outside of Nsider and SWF. AllisBrawl though, have you been around that community before? I could try out Shoryuken as well.
All is Brawl's community is mostly the same as Smash Boards (a lot of the same people), except a lot more tournament goers and blog readers/posters.
I honestly preferred Lucas. :3/QUOTE]
Lucas lives on an island.
You live on an island (Australia; technically the whole word is an island).
HOLY CRAP, LUCO IS LUCAS REINCARNATED GUYS!!! LUCO FOR SM4SH!!! :laugh:
About that writing itself part, I would've liked more tail attacks for Diddy.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie Kong had a lot of tail attacks, along with hair-based moves (seeing as how little tail attacks Diddy Kong had in Brawl).
Roster exclusives would be great, it'd make both versions more unique from each other. To make sure it won't become more of a major flaw, there should be few of these version exclusives, and if they're gonna do the whole 'connecting' between Wii U and 3DS-versions, they better give us an opportunity to transfer 3DS-exclusives to Wii U.
If console-exclusive characters exist, they better be transferable once you buy both games or via DLC (like Yoda and Darth Vader on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of Soulcaliber IV). Still, I think if there are console exclusives, it should be for the Wii U smash bros. Making console exclusive characters sounds like just a waste, unless they plan on making them DLC for the other new smash bros game later (and stick to that plan). That way we all can be character/roster size hoarders! :awesome:
Lanky might happen if we get 150 characters I'm affraid... :rolleyes:

He's still awesome though! Goofy *** dude needs to return as a staple character!
He would be an awesome character in a Donkey Kong Country styled 2D game. We already knows he is incredibly awesome in a Donkey Kong 3D adventure, but man, he would be so much better in a 2D game. He would make a great smash bros Assist Trophy character.
I wonder what the implications for speculation will be for Smash 5 if no one from Brawl is cut and Mewtwo and Roy are brought back.
I think that will mean the roster is permanent or near permanent for future smash bros games, and that even if some characters don't return in the next game, they may return in the future. Personally if a character didn't make one game, I would be very delighted to see them return in the next. That way, no character addition is taken lightly, and every character in the series gets to share the spotlight.

D

Deleted member

Meta Ridley is still purple. All his organic parts retain his purple scales.
Not sure if that changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom