• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
So what's gonna happen to Bomberman now that's Hudson out of the picture?
He's in a state of limbo right now and considering the fact he's been comatose for a while now, it doesn't look probable that he'll find a way out. It is still possible though and I'm hanging on to that tiny hope.

^^^iirc there was an espeon moveset that used foresight. Check the MYM archive for details on how it worked if you're interested.

:phone:

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Future sight would be this. Mewtwos eyes would flash purple very quickly and everyone in a certain radius of mewtwo wouldn't take damage. yet. If mewtwo presses down B again, whoever was caught in the radius before would take damage. The longer you wait to use the move the bigger the damage level grows. It has decent power and knock back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sounds broken, but for Mewtwo I don't mind that :D very cool idea.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's pretty unfortunate, if you ask me

The Bomberman game on the 64 was one of my earliest gaming experiences ever, and it along with Smash 64 helped catapult me into the gamer that I am today...

BTW, I'd like to see Espeon in Smash, he and Umbreon were beast in Pokemon Colosseum

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It has the opportunity to not be broken if its balanced through the radius, start up lag, knock back and damage growth rate, and knock back and damage upper cap. But it does seem overly complex.

Espeon is one of my favorite pokemon, I'd like to see him, lickitung, poliwrath, or primeape make it in, in any playable fashion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon Colloseum was beast itself! Wish they made another!

Also, Hitmonlee in SSB64 screamed PRIMPEAPEEE when he got out of the ball so... Primeape at least was not that forgotten by Sakurai :laugh:

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
^Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? That's the closest to a sequel to Colloseum.

Hm, not to mention that Eevee (and its evolutions) was the starter in that game as well. I'd love to see Eevee in Smash Bros.; however, it would probably overkill the amount of first gen reps (unless all Eevee evos were included somehow in its moveset). Therefore, three gens would be repped in a way with one Pokemon character (first gen - Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, 2nd gen - Espeon and Umbreon, 4th gen - Leafeon and Glaceon).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
^Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? That's the closest to a sequel to Colloseum.
Let's not forget the Wii version that's another Stadium game.

Hm, not to mention that Eevee (and its evolutions) was the starter in that game as well. I'd love to see Eevee in Smash Bros.; however, it would probably overkill the amount of first gen reps (unless all Eevee evos were included somehow in its moveset). Therefore, three gens would be repped in a way with one Pokemon character.
That's true... except for 3rd and 5th Gen... The ones we need the most as of right now. :p

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Pokemon, how could Pichu work as a proper joke character and improve if he were to return?

I think a good way for it to return is for it to have more of a glass cannon focus then Pikachu. Extremely fragile and a joke with the average player, but by strong players, a deadly force. One that requires the player to be precise.

yani

Smash Lord
I want Ukelele Pichu! A good way to show Pokemon Ranger love as well as bring back that little rat

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Except Colloseum was actually good, and so was Stadium. Didn't hear much positive feedback about Battle Revolution. Never played XD though, kind of a shame but I got bored of Pokémon. Didn't get the 5th gen either, but might want it if I get some damn money...

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget the Wii version that's another Stadium game.
Oh yeah, Pokemon Battle Revolution. It's true that the battle mechanics were in this game; however, I personally liked the adventure theme that the two GCN Pokemon titles had. Though I wouldn't see PBR as a continuation of these games.

@SSBF

Pichu definitely would need a moveset change. I'd like to see some unique moves (which it does have) in its moveset. Do you think Pichu should still hurt itself? That was just a move based on the anime if anything... I personally think that this feature should be removed and Pichu should be given a moveset revamp.

Also Ukelele Pichu? I'd love to see it wielding its Ukelele around as a physical move. Imagine a meteor smash by Pichu with the instrument. :awesome: If it goes get put into Pichu's movesets, elements from the PR games should be represented. Perhaps a final smash with Pichu using its electricity to surround the whole field while strumming its Ukelele like its assist move?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On the topic of Pokemon, how could Pichu work as a proper joke character and improve if he were to return?

I think a good way for it to return is for it to have more of a glass cannon focus then Pikachu. Extremely fragile and a joke with the average player, but by strong players, a deadly force. One that requires the player to be precise.
Make him a lot stronger. I mean, Donkey Kong strength. But he still does damage to himself, being unable to control its electricity(which is the point of having a lot of power). Also, change all his moves that are different from 64 Pikachu to those exactly. He'd play rather differently. As for moves, it's hard to say. Not sure about Final Smash, really... Shock Wave?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My interest in Pokemon pretty much collapsed after 3rd gen. I've never even played Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, or even HeartGold/Soul Silver

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My interest in Pokemon pretty much collapsed after 3rd gen. I've never even played Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, or even HeartGold/Soul Silver
Same for me originally. I was severely disappointed with D/P/P, mostly their unoriginal designs(to me). Some of it was good, but the Expies and the inability to get rid of those Goddamn Bats(Zubats, etc.) was rather annoying. Atleast B/W finally fixed that. I won't lie, Woobat is severely less annoying than Zubat.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I did got Diamond for my bday from a friend, but didn't play it much. Even my Infernape didn't got to level 100, and I love that Pokémon. It just felt kinda lame. So did 3rd gen, but they added some stuff like natures which deepend the game and Fire Red was BEAST. My younger brother has SoulSilver, and doesn't pkay it. Might pick it up later.

If Pichu returns, he shouldn't have Donkey Kong's strenght... That's insane. Certain moves as Thunder should still damage him, but not moves as his recovery. 4% is a lot of damage, especially for Pichu, and especially when recovering. Since it's Quick Attack anyway, make him get a small speed boost when he lands with it on the ground to escape easier. And give him some 'misfire' on his moves that just random,y pop up, damage Pichu a little bit do good damage. Could be on any move involving electricity. Keep his range and power weaknesses though.

But I don't expect Pichu to return anyway. We need Mewtwo first, then perhaps Roy.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What do you guys think about a Final Smash like this for Pichu? This move would seem really unique for the Pokemon (plus the musical aspect :awesome:). It's also perfect for him as it is actually very surprising (if he's a joke character again):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvz22xJRkhI
I'd LOVE to see that! SAKURAI, IF YOU'RE LOOKING AROUND THESE FORUMS FOR CHARACTER IDEAS, USE THIS!

I made a unique Up B for Pichu. It isn't canon, but does go further with the "discharging itself" thing. He charges power and discharges himself into the air. The discharge is moderate strength, and while the blast-off is fast, it isn't very strong.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What turned me off the most about the 4th gen were the designs of most of the Pokemon; they were horrible

And they randomly added evolution stages for Pokemon from like 2 or 3 generations ago

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What turned me off the most about the 4th gen were the designs of most of the Pokemon; they were horrible

And they added evolution stages for Pokemon from like 2 or 3 generations ago
Completely your personal opinion.

Magnamite and Voltorb, two of the STUPIDEST Pokemon ever created, imo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Infernape was really cool, and so was the hippo (evolved one). But the rest where kind of lame. Rhyperior, while awesome in battle, was a nightmare to the little boy inside who loved Rhydon to. And the overall things you could do in game didn't really interesst me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

And they randomly added evolution stages for Pokemon from like 2 or 3 generations ago
Same. Rhyperior? Bleh. The name was even bad. But what's worse is that they left out Jynx, the main part of the Fire/Ice/Lightning combo just to give Rhydon one. Or, hey, let's not give Farfetch'd one. But Lickitung and Tangela are fine. -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rhydon could have an awesome looking evolution, but they choose THAT instead. Which rhino would want to evolve into a fat mole anyway? If he was just taller instead of fatter, and have a head actually resembling a rhino again he could've been good but... :/ theres hoping for another way to evolve Rhydon though... And I want a Fire stater to be a lion Pokemon.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, Shortie, if you like the 4th gen designs, then hey, more power to you, I'm not one to get buttpained over a dissenting opinion.

There are quite a few 1st gen Pokes that I never liked, anyway. Personally, I'm all about the 2nd gen

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There where good and outright terrible ones in every gneration, the bad ones just stood out more in the 4th one. I especially dislike the legendaries. I really do like Hippowdon and Infernape though.

D

Deleted member

^What do you guys think about a Final Smash like this for Pichu? This move would seem really unique for the Pokemon (plus the musical aspect :awesome:). It's also perfect for him as it is actually very surprising (if he's a joke character again):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvz22xJRkhI
Love that idea. I think Ukelele Pichu would work out great in a Smash game.

I think his "damage when attacking" move should be kept because I like it as a joke character and Sakurai would likely return him as such if he did return.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I agree that a majority of the 4th generation were rather uninspired. Personally, I was never a fan of most of the designs. Additionally, a lot of older Pokemon were also given some odd evolutions as well. Magmorter, Lickitung's evolutions, Magneton's evolutions looked ridiculous in my opinion.

Though some people took it a bit too far with the Anti-Sinnoh Alliance:

http://www.freewebs.com/antisinnoh/theabominationspart2.htm

(yeah, pretty much rants about all of the fourth generation Pokemon :troll:)

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
5 gen can have some awesome PB
Here are some

-Snivy
-Excadrill
-Archeops
-Heatmor
-Minccino
-Stunfisk
-Pansear
-Pansage
-Panpour
-

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Pichu Fan

Great list! My personal favourites from Pokemon B/W are Excadrill and Minccino as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh, I kinda liked Rozerade and Rampardos as well in 4th gen. Luxray looked cool to, but never got one because it wasn't so strong in battles. Kinda feel sorry for that one. It's electric, and sort of close being a lion... On paper, I should have loved it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding the Pichu topic, I did input the following specials if you've forgotten...

Note: The following specials came from a social board post that I inputted.

neutral - Charge Beam: Pichu will fire an electrical beam, which damages those in the attack's path. It gains power with each consecutive use, but Pichu will take damage for each consecutive use of this attack; 0% for first; 1% for second; 2% for third; 4% for fourth; 8% for fifth; 16% for sixth. The attack doesn't grow any stronger after the sixth consecutive use. If a different attack is used, this move's power reverts back to its original level. Stale moves is negated with this attack, since its main penalty is the recoil damage.

side - Reversal: Pichu will execute a headbutt in a horizontal path to damage its target. Its power is greatly depended on Pichu's damage; the more damage Pichu has, the stronger this attack becomes. Reversal is at its strongest when Pichu has over 200% damage, but it is extremely weak if Pichu has 0% damage. Additionally, Pichu will travel further as Reversal gains power, which can make it very effective for horizontal recovery purposes. Additionally, this attack has no negative side effects on Pichu, so in a way, players can try to build up Pichu's damage to enhance this move's potential.

up - Wild Charge: Pichu will charge forward, imbued with electricity. The angle of this move can be adjusted, which makes it useful for recovery purposes. However, this move is very risky in that Pichu will take up to 10% damage after using the attack. Therefore, in most cases, Reversal should be used instead.

down - Volt Switch: Pichu will fire an electrical sphere at its opponent. It then returns to its Poke Ball, and Jigglypuff will take over. Despite being an electric attack, Pichu won't take damage from this move.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Change for the sake of change is imo not good for Dr.Mario and Pichu. I'd prefer them being clones than originals. Some changes would be ok, like one or two different specials but for them... Being a coone for them isn't by far as bad as others. If we get a revamped clone returnee, it's Roy, or PERHAPS Young Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom