• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Nintendo bought Bomberman, it would definatly give him a huge boost for SSB5 (if there is to be so).
If Nintendo purchases the rights to Bomberman, enormous if, I could see him getting into Smash Bros easily. It would be an inverse Banjo Kazooie situation.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Nintendo purchase Bomberman, enormous if, I could see him getting into Smash Bros easily. It would be a inverse Banjo Kazooie situation.
As a very popular character of the N64 generation, it would be wise to buy him. After all, they do need more fond faces. They do overuse characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc). Not saying it's bad, but more options= more fans, and more fans is more customers. More customers is more cash.

yani

Smash Lord
Funny you bring that up because Nd Cube, a subsidiary company of Nintendo's, is made up of former Hudson staff members. Hypothetically if Nintendo were to purchase the rights to Bomberman or any other Hudson property I could see them handing those series off to Nd Cube, as they obviously would have experience with Bomberman and such. Problem is I do not think Nintendo knows or cares to go after those series, but you never know. I would certainly like Nintendo to acquire Bomberman since I could see them at least using him in some fashion.
I actually just learned about Nd Cube being made up of former Hudson staff this morning was I was doing some Mario Party 9 research. That's a really nice plus for the possibility of Ninty acquiring Bomberman. Maybe Bomberman fans will get their SSB4 wish :awesome:

Not saying it's bad, but more options= more fans, and more fans is more customers. More customers is more cash.
Wise words Asage, wise words!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu needs to be smaller, he's always been too big. In Brawl he's taller than Wario, almost.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As a very popular character of the N64 generation, it would be wise to buy him. After all, they do need more fond faces. They do overuse characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, etc). Not saying it's bad, but more options= more fans, and more fans is more customers. More customers is more cash.
To the point that all three have had clones. Or near clones. Pikachu only had one with Pichu. The rest had about two. Luigi was barely slightly different Mario at first. And the rest are obvious clones.

Note how the last one if the main Smash big 4, Kirby, has no clones.
Unless you count Jigglypuff in 64 being ridiculously similar, or Meta Knight being the same race. :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually it would probably be risky to purchase a series that is practically on life support if not dead. The only reason Bomberman could be worth it is if Nintendo wanted a puzzle series to add to their repertoire that they could crank out for WiiWare and 3DSWare chump change. Still not sure if that would be enough to break even on their license purchase.

I actually just learned about Nd Cube being made up of former Hudson staff this morning was I was doing some Mario Party 9 research. That's a really nice plus for the possibility of Ninty acquiring Bomberman. Maybe Bomberman fans will get their SSB4 wish :awesome:
I think NdCube could do a good job handling the series, but this is just my opinion.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually it would probably be risky to purchase a series that is practically on life support if not dead. The only reason Bomberman could be worth it is if Nintendo wanted a puzzle series to add to their repertoire that they could crank out for WiiWare and 3DSWare chump change. Still not sure if that would be enough to break even on their license purchase.
This doesn't mean that they can't. Kid Icarus, for example. Older than Bomberman, and came back after *insert years here* (Idk how old he is, but it is old).

It's just speculation, but if Bomberman was bought out, I think the original fans would boost the opportunity of a revival. It's been done before.

To the point that all three have had clones. Or near clones. Pikachu only had one with Pichu. The rest had about two. Luigi was barely slightly different Mario at first. And the rest are obvious clones.

Note how the last one if the main Smash big 4, Kirby, has no clones.
Unless you count Jigglypuff in 64 being ridiculously similar, or Meta Knight being the same race. :troll:
I don't like how people call Pichu a clone. He really isn't because the designs should be similar to the creature, when comparing Pokemon. Only the ideas were similar, *points at Minun and Plusle*, to make the design. That doesn't mean it's a clone. Paper Mario and Mario can be consdered clones because you can tell right off the bat that it's Mario, while also knowing that he is, in fact, Mario, but of a different body-type. Doctor Mario, as well. I guess what I mean is that a Pokemon is never a clone of another Pokemon... Unless you own Emerald :troll:

EDIT: Dp, sorry.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This doesn't mean that they can't. Kid Icarus, for example. Older than Bomberman, and came back after *insert years here* (Idk how old he is, but it is old).

It's just speculation, but if Bomberman was bought out, I think the original fans would boost the opportunity of a revival. It's been done before.
Correct, but Kid Icarus is a Nintendo franchise. Big difference between the two. Besides that there is not a lot you can do with the Bomberman franchise that has not been done, unless you want another atrocity like Bomberman: Act Zero. There was a Bomberman Adventure game being developed for the 3DS, but that was cancelled a while ago.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Correct, but Kid Icarus is a Nintendo franchise. Big difference between the two. Besides that there is not a lot you can do with the Bomberman franchise that has not been done, unless you want another atrocity like Bomberman: Act Zero. There was a Bomberman Adventure game being developed for the 3DS, but that was cancelled long ago.
Eh, true. Bomberman isn't Nintendo property. On the matter of recent games, there's Bomberman Blitz for the DS (DS Shop). That's the most recent game. I personally think Bomberman deserves a little more respect, but I do know that he is a dying game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, besides Act Zero apparently sucking.(never played)

I'd like a neat revival of the series. Or atleast bring the n64 games onto the VC. :D

yani

Smash Lord
I forgot about that awful Act Zero, but Bomberman Hero is on the VC, bought it two weeks ago :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't like how people call Pichu a clone. He really isn't because the designs should be similar to the creature, when comparing Pokemon. Only the ideas were similar, *points at Minun and Plusle*, to make the design. That doesn't mean it's a clone. Paper Mario and Mario can be consdered clones because you can tell right off the bat that it's Mario, while also knowing that he is, in fact, Mario, but of a different body-type. Doctor Mario, as well. I guess what I mean is that a Pokemon is never a clone of another Pokemon... Unless you own Emerald :troll:

EDIT: Dp, sorry.
So he wasn't a clone in-game? He... definitely was. I don't mean the person in general, but he is indeed a clone in-game.

Paper Mario is ONLY a clone if he would play the same way. I'm talking about how ridiculously similar they are. Kirby and Jigglypuff had most of the A moves and their throws the same. Luigi was mostly the same as Mario. Pichu had pretty much the same moves as Pikachu. Links are self-explanatory. Dr. Mario did play slightly different, yes, but was still a clone.

I think we're operating on different points. I'm talking about nearly identical moves. Wolf is the most de-cloned clone from the start we ever got.

@Yani: We need more of the literal 64 titled games. But a lot could come on. Quest 64, Aidyn Chronicles(honestly, is it that hard to change it so you save to one total block, with a certain number of saves?), Mario Party's not in there, etc.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So he wasn't a clone in-game? He... definitely was. I don't mean the person in general, but he is indeed a clone in-game.

Ok, let me ask you this. If a Mom has her baby, is the baby a clone of herself?

Paper Mario is ONLY a clone if he would play the same way. I'm talking about how ridiculously similar they are. Kirby and Jigglypuff had most of the A moves and their throws the same. Luigi was mostly the same as Mario. Pichu had pretty much the same moves as Pikachu. Links are self-explanatory. Dr. Mario did play slightly different, yes, but was still a clone.

That's in Smash Bros. That doesn't mean they're clones outside of Smash Bros. For a quick little history check on Mario, just for kicks, Mario is a clone of Jumperman.

I think we're operating on different points. I'm talking about nearly identical moves. Wolf is the most de-cloned clone from the start we ever got.
I was apparently thinking that you were speaking outside of Smash. If so, Wolf copied Fox's and Falco's (B) moves, with some revamping, and 100% FS.
Answers underlined.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Mother analysis: The baby is a complete different thing, seeing how it is a mix of the father another making a completely new genetic coding of a person

yani

Smash Lord
Let's all buy every game by Hudson on the VC right now. Nintendo will notice these sales and buy Bomberman. Problem? :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Mother analysis: The baby is a complete different thing, seeing how it is a mix of the father another making a completely new genetic coding of a person
I thought he was speaking of outside of Smash Bros. That's why I asked him that. Outside of Smash, Pichu and Pikachu are totally different. VIA movesets, Pichu and Pikachu share very powerful similarities, except weight class, speed, and damage recoil (Pichu, exclusive :troll:). But overall, in Smash, they're clones.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's in Smash Bros. That doesn't mean they're clones outside of Smash Bros. For a quick little history check on Mario, just for kicks, Mario is a clone of Jumperman.
...It's Jumpman. Also, this is Smash only. I'm talking about gameplay in general and sharing mostly the same moves.(may be due to body as well)

I was apparently thinking that you were speaking outside of Smash. If so, Wolf copied Fox's and Falco's (B) moves, with some revamping, and 100% FS.
Correct. He was almost NOT a clone in any way. Sharing a move or two, but no Final Smash, can be common, depending the move. If they might have an A move or two in common, eh. Dr. Mario... well, what made him different from Mario with his moves? Different properties a bit, but that was it. Pichu, same. Falco, same. Of course, I was speaking about characters that were clones and based upon the same person to an extent. All I mean was that the main 4 has some cloneage with other characters going on. That's all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll be getting a membership account for a year soon. I'll be renicknaming myself most definatly. It might be expanding my name to AuraSage94 (Eat your heart out, Oasis).

@HyperFalcon Can let you understand that :troll:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Konami published act zero. Just throwing that out there.

If nintendo actually bought bomberman and actually did something and/or put him in smash, I'd be ecstatic.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario B Moveset-

B- Mega Vitamins
Side B- Pill Throw
Up B- Stephascope
Down B- Ground Pound
FS- Ambulance

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
NEW Toon Link B Moveset-

B- Sling Shot
Side B- Boomerang (assuming Link gets beetle)
Up B- Hurricane Spin
Down B- Wind (uses either whirlwind or deku leaf)
FS- Spirit Train

Other notes- Uses lokomo sword, hammer for a few moves, whip replaces hook shot.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yeah, but who developed it? Publishing it means nothing beyond "Wow, they let that crap through?" at best.
A video game publisher is a company that publishes video games that they have either developed internally or have had developed by a video game developer.
From Wikipedia

Hudson developed almost all the bomberman games, the only one I found developed entirely by someone else was an arcade game. Hudson has had a handful of outside companies publish a bomberman game and none were as negatively received as act zero.

VVV If I get this job I'm applying for (I think I have a really good chance) I will gift all the bomberman games to you.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From Wikipedia

Hudson developed almost all the bomberman games, the only one I found developed entirely by someone else was an arcade game. Hudson has had a handful of outside companies publish a bomberman game and none were as negatively received as act zero.

The thing is, did they develop it or not? That's my question. Who developed it. Publishing still says nothing if they didn't develop a thing.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The latter part of the publishing definition I posted said that a publisher has a game developed for them. This means that even though Hudson is credited as the developer, it was konami's vision. If you commission me to make you a picture and tell me to only use browns and greens and to do it in an abstract style when I finish the picture and it looks horrible(for the sake of argument let's assume I could actually make a bad picture?") but its exactly like you envisioned it, I the artist/developer shouldn't take responsibly for the product wheb i merely crafted the atrociousity but it was your idea

To be clear, Hudson is credited as the developer

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dr Mario B Moveset-

B- Mega Vitamins
Side B- Pill Throw
Up B- Stephascope
Down B- Ground Pound
FS- Ambulance

B and Side B are the same! Why not have him throw Viruses for Side B instead of throwing pills? And just what does Dr. Mario do with the stethoscope? Hear the opponent's heartbeat? And what would the Amber Lamps do?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Doc returns I'll say he'd be about 95% the same as he was in Melee. Maybe with a Down B different from Mario's Luma Spin though, like a Virus or puzzle like attack? I dunno. But he will be a clone, and I prefer that over a forced moveset involving doctor equipment just for the sake of being different.

And I unfortunately think that Doc is after Toad the likeliest new addition. Or maybe even a possible 6th... If Pokémon gets so much, Mario might as well.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo B Moveset

B- Shadow Ball
Side B- Psychic
Up B- Teleport
Down B- Future Sight
FS- Psystrike

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Future sight would be interessting. How you think that would work Pichu fan?? Pretty much agree with the rest. Mewtwo needs extended grabs just like Samus and Link to, but faster.

Idea that popped my mind yesterday was, how awesome would it be if they expanded on pummel attacks? Or have more grabbing attacks in general. They add more debt to the game I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom