• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Um.... okay I guess I understand now LOL

Young Link? I honestly can't ever see him coming back. If he replaces Toon Link, then wouldn't that be going BACKWARDS (replacing the character that replaced you in the first place)? And we for damn sure ain't finna have 3 Links

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Um.... okay I guess I understand LOL

Young Link? I honestly can't ever see him coming back. If he replaces Toon Link, then wouldn't that be going BACKWARDS (replacing the character that replaced you in the first place)? And we for damn sure ain't finna have 3 Links
If anything, I'm better off if Toon Link is the one coming back.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Poppy

It is indeed odd that Alomomola isn't the evolution for Luvdisk. Then there are also Pachirisu and Emolga, and supposed Tauros and the new Buffalo Pokemon. In my opinions, it was a pretty odd decision for them to not make them their evolutions. Aside from Tauros, the previous two Pokemon could have benefitted from evolutions. Plus they look nearly identical and evolution like as well. :urg:

-> ?
-> ?

yani

Smash Lord
I stopped caring about new Pokemon after the 3rd gen. I only cared for the remakes (FRLGHGSS). I ended up getting Black version, and I think it's great. It's a fresh batch of some nifty Pokemonz.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Poppy

It is indeed odd that Alomomola isn't the evolution for Luvdisk. Then there are also Pachirisu and Emolga, and supposed Tauros and the new Buffalo Pokemon. In my opinions, it was a pretty odd decision for them to not make them their evolutions. Aside from Tauros, the previous two Pokemon could have benefitted from evolutions. :urg:
But that would pretty much mess up the way the Unova region operates. Remember, all Unova region Pokemon are 5th generation exclusives, so it would be very odd if any of them were related to Pokemon outside of Unova.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Poppy

It is indeed odd that Alomomola isn't the evolution for Luvdisk. Then there are also Pachirisu and Emolga, and supposed Tauros and the new Buffalo Pokemon. In my opinions, it was a pretty odd decision for them to not make them their evolutions. Aside from Tauros, the previous two Pokemon could have benefitted from evolutions. Plus they look nearly identical and evolution like as well. :urg:

-> ?
-> ?
I think you should remember that this is a different Poke...continent? So there is going to be similar kinds of Pokemon that have no evolution chain link. Like Emolga and Pachirisu.

Well, Shortie, if you like the 4th gen designs, then hey, more power to you, I'm not one to get buttpained over a dissenting opinion.

There are quite a few 1st gen Pokes that I never liked, anyway. Personally, I'm all about the 2nd gen
I like how because I disagree with you, I'm butthurt.

Whoever said all gens had stupid Pokemon is definitely right.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I understand that Unova was a region that was meant to have its own Pokemon with no distinct links to the previous generation Pokemon; however, I still can't help but to look upon the strong similarities of these Pokemon. Not to mention the fact that both Luvdisk and Pachirisu could have been benefitted if they were meant to have evolutions.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
Just had an idea for a Sonic AT.

Dr. Eggman (yeah...)

He rides around in the egg-pod with the wrecking ball chained to the bottom. He flies across the stage swinging it around, hitting anyone who gets in the way. It is VERY powerful, but slow.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

Just had an idea for a Sonic AT.

Dr. Eggman (yeah...)

He rides around in the egg-pod with the wrecking ball chained to the bottom. He flies across the stage swinging it around, hitting anyone who gets in the way. It is VERY powerful, but slow.

Thoughts?
Good idea, but I think a boss role is better suited for him since he is, after all, the main villain of the Sonic franchise.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Smash Cadet
Good idea, but I think a boss role is better suited for him since he is, after all, the main villain of the Sonic franchise.
I thought that too, but I don't think it makes much sense to have a third-party villain appear as a boss in a story dedicated towards Nintendo characters, if there even is a story. Sonic is after all just a guest character. Maybe an optional battle?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I thought that too, but I don't think it makes much sense to have a third-party villain appear as a boss in a story dedicated towards Nintendo characters, if there even is a story. Maybe an optional battle?
I'd still like to see Eggman be involved in the story in some way. Maybe he'll capture Tails to lure Sonic into a trap. But if Sonic gets past the trap, he'll have to deal with Eggman's Egg Viper.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I understand that Unova was a region that was meant to have its own Pokemon with no distinct links to the previous generation Pokemon; however, I still can't help but to look upon the strong similarities of these Pokemon. Not to mention the fact that both Luvdisk and Pachirisu could have been benefitted if they were meant to have evolutions.
Meh, not that it matters, but Discus and Sun fish are kind of far apart in the animal world.

D

Deleted member

Probably old news here, but I just got informed:

"Several years...

Tsk tsk oh well
Welcome back.

@GiantBreadbug: In regard to this quote...
With each passing day I drew closer and closer to the realization that the game was being developed according to the team's ideas and execution, and there was nothing that I could do to change what was going into it.
If I was in agreement, I would not be here. I do sincerely believe that input from fans can be taken into consideration when developing the next Smash game.

One major thing that you can bet will be influenced by fan demand is a far better online system. Brawl's online, as we all know it, was a mess of the highest caliber. We as Smash fans noticed how awful the online was and as such, are asking for a far better online system. What we feel needs to be fixed are lags and having more overall options. It is the fan's negative response to online's execution as to why we are expecting the improvement that we strive for.

Now in regards to characters. For the most part, you are right. The characters are mostly decided by importance to their respective series and that's why I feel SSB4 will continue to have a solid roster. However, I do think that fan demand can also contribute to at least one character's inclusion. It definitely did in Brawl's case in Sonic, who was by far the most wanted character for SSB4, according to Sakurai's poll (the only thing we know of the results). I am of the opinion that it will happen again in SSB4 in which he looks at the most wanted character for SSB4 and adds in said character. Fans influenced Sonic's inclusion and the team's idea for how to handle the roster, it can do the same this game.

Most of our ideas will probably go unheard as popular characters end up being excluded and many of our game play ideas are not put into full effect that we desire. It is, not, however, impossible for some of them to be implemented by developers. That explains why I feel it is worth sticking around the forum; if there is any chance some of my ideas are implemented, it is worth the time. It's just a matter of if it happens.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I find something in Nintendo Power's interview with Sakurai about Uprising. It's the same interview in which he reiterates that Smash Bros. will take awhile, be patient, etc. I'm pretty sure this has been overlooked, and it may be nothing, but Sakurai has that way of beating around the bush. The following question came from NP during an interview about Kid Icarus: Uprising:

Nintendo Power: As a fan of classic games, are there any other long-dormant characters that you'd like to bring back?

Sakurai: If there were such a character, I might be planning its revival for the next Smash Bros. game. Maybe I have someone in mind? You know, you could probably say that I'm the best in the world when it comes to giving second acts to classic video game characters. That's mostly due to Smash Bros., and now I can't believe I'm doing the same thing with Kid Icarus!

Aaaaaaand... go.

Edit: @asage: Poo. I thought I'd made a big discovery...

@Smash Bros. Fan: Fair assessment. Fan demand does influence the process, but it's a very very tiny influence. Sure, the most popular character will make it, but that should be expected. That being said, Sonic probably wouldn't have made it into Brawl without the poll. What I'm saying is that the kind of thing we do here, that is, weighing the likelihood of characters, creating movesets, and speculating just don't carry too much weight. The only fan input that gets heard is the loudest, and the loudest opinions are the ones that are voiced in such a way that the dev team hears them (i.e. a poll). Our chances to influence character selection are present, but few and far between. As far as the online goes, nobody was happy with that. It's another one of those things that's too obvious to ignore. It would be expected that it would improve, based on the dynamic nature of game development.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's good? Conversation topic? I see it changed.

@Breadbug Too late. Alrdy posted that a long time ago when I recieved my member's issue Lol

I think he may be reviving another lost-lorn character. It can't be Bomberman at this point in time. So, I do question who he's thinking about..?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Be patient... Smash confirmed for 2019?

:phone:
If that's true, I'll be about 23 when it comes out. But seriously, I can't wait for the inevitable Dojo updates... Waking up early on Saturdays just to see some new information. :awesome:

Random Edit: I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a flying Shellcreeper to the face. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
23? That's 1 and a half years away for me now... Sure, I don't act my age but... Didn't expect you to be so young.

And just now I realise that 'so young' is 16. Yeah, so uhh just ignore that

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they don't make something as hugely absurd as SSE, I think we might get it around 2015.

Keyword in that statement; might.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
23? That's 1 and a half years away for me now... Sure, I don't act my age but... Didn't expect you to be so young.

And just now I realise that 'so young' is 16. Yeah, so uhh just ignore that
I'm actually 15 until March. I just figure no matter what, it'll come out after early March, no matter what year.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I've noted a similar pattern to me in the end of July actually...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hit 18 in July, so adulthood's creepin' up on me ,_, Around that time, I'll have Wi-Fi hopefully :troll:

Also, I got news: Wi-Fi at my house won't happen for awhile, but I'mma see if I can steal Borrow my neighbor's Wi-Fi so I can brawl ya'll some. First Brawl I need to have is against Xblis. Anyone else?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't have my Wii with me right now so I can't join in on any Brawl, I'm still up for MK7 though.

Anyway it seems that the blackout is still on so I'll see you all late tommorrow. Which is rather good for me as I have some work to do and this is one less distraction.

Hopefully when we all come back we can get back on topic. But before I leave, here's some much needed Burger Knight:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom