• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All in all, status inflicting attacks is something worth thinking about. I used to think it would be broken, but now I'm having a different opinion of them. I think they're something worth looking into.

Can anyone think who would be a Saboteur character? The only ones that come to mind are Lucas, Ness, and Mewtwo.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metal: You should be glad to know that I signed the petition. They're just TRYING to tear everything down, aren't they...? :glare: Stupid government...

:phone:
Yes, yes I am

How about a brofist, old buddy, old pal? :grin:

I won't be satisfied until this thing is as good as dead

@Kuma- Ummm.... Ice Climbers maybe? They already have moves that freeze you into a block of ice

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yes, yes I am

How about a brofist, old buddy, old pal? :grin:

I won't be satisfied until this thing is as good as dead
HEY GOVERNMENT! GOT A TIP FOR YA! IF OVER 3 MILLION PEOPLE ARE AGAINST YOU ON THIS, WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, overhearing something about status? Well, good timing for me to come in, actually.

In Halo, if you use a Flamethrower on someone, they'll take damage in succession, even after the attack. Well, that rule can apply here too. Charizard + Bowser use Flamethrower, and it'll have 30% chance of 3-7 second burning. Does minimum damage.

But actually, I don't like the idea, Aerial's get a + off it.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
All in all, status inflicting attacks is something worth thinking about. I used to think it would be broken, but now I'm having a different opinion of them. I think they're something worth looking into.

Can anyone who would be a Saboteur character? The only ones that come to mind are Lucas, Ness, and Mewtwo.
Since I seem to be desperately holding onto the idea that Layton has a chance, I'd add him to that list. Sort of a saboteur/sword character. Most of his standard A moves would incorporate his super-cool fencing skills, and his specials would be puzzling moves that personify the kind of character you've described.

That is, unless you meant existing characters. In that case, I think Olimar could be considered one with the way he uses his Pikmin. Perhaps Wolf, would be one, too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No, we need MORE flame wars and personal attacks 'cause if this thread gets closed, then the 3DS thread won't be as much of a barren wasteland as it is now

So let's start insulting everyone's mothers so that the 3DS thread can get some love again
Are you feeling okay? Sarcastic or not, that's probably the last thing anyone wants to do at this point.

army man

Smash Ace
Since I seem to be desperately holding onto the idea that Layton has a chance, I'd add him to that list. Sort of a saboteur/sword character. Most of his standard A moves would incorporate his super-cool fencing skills, and his specials would be puzzling moves that personify the kind of character you've described.
you should come up with a moveset, i'd be curious to see a layton moveset

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yes, I was being sarcastic with that comment, M&S Guy :laugh:

Do you think I'm some kinda anarchist for gaming forums or something? LOL I would never seriously suggest anything like that

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
at the very least, they need to be elite mooks. But I'd LOVE to see Kritter as a playable character from the DK series. Perhaps both, even! (Kritters are enemies in story mode, one of them sneaks off and joins the good guys) And he uses a medieval mace just like in super sluggers as a weapon, for a unique play style! :p

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
HEY GOVERNMENT! GOT A TIP FOR YA! IF OVER 3 MILLION PEOPLE ARE AGAINST YOU ON THIS, WHY ARE YOU STILL TRYING?

ahh yes, the "why" part you wish to know? well, you see, the government have been trying the whole censorship and/or IP protection since the day i was born (early 90s)

here ya go, www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2dF-IsH0I TED talks SOPA and PIPA.

now, the government doesn't really understand the ramifications, they only see pirates that are scared that the government will take away their pr0n and they only want the guys that paid for their house to have more revenue so they can have a separate wing on their mc mansion.

after sopa and pipa die, there will always be another to replace it... it's like Syndrome's Omnidroid series (The Incredibles). they will keep trying. it is inevitable, mr. anderson.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If some of you are going to continue discussing the two pieces of piracy legislature I'd advise taking it to the Pool Room. Yes, it is a very ill conceived bill, we know that, but this is for Smash Bros discussion and not political discourse. The issue of censorship has already been made well known to everyone here via this board being down for most of the day. Thank you.

What is even the topic right now? Moveset discussions? Blegh, lets try something else. Can always raid Sakurai's Twitter and see what we can extrapolate from there. Coupled with a mild dashing of jump in reasoning and we could have a real doozy of a discourse. If everyone is willing to be humorous that is.

Oh I see, Rhydon. Is he even pronounced among Pokémon any longer? I thought that big guy fled the scene after Giovanni and Gary/Blue.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If some of you are going to continue discussing the two pieces of piracy legislature I'd advise taking it to the Pool Room. Yes, it is a very ill conceived bill, we know that, but this is for Smash Bros discussion and not political discourse. The issue of censorship has already been made well known to everyone here via this board being down for most of the day. Thank you.

What is even the topic right now? Moveset discussions? Blegh, lets try something else. Can always raid Sakurai's Twitter and see what we can extrapolate from there. Coupled with a mild dashing of jump in reasoning and we could have a real doozy of a discourse. If everyone is willing to be humorous that is.

Oh I see, Rhydon. Is he even pronounced among Pokémon any longer? I thought that big guy fled the scene after Giovanni and Gary/Blue.
I wanna see your input on stat-altering moves. Like there was the Daze spell from Final Fantasy XIII that would affect your movement speed and jumps but not the frame data of your attacks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Movesets?

Well I've started to work on a Takamaru moveset. How does a character who can upgrade himself sound?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kuma, I've suggested that before for someone like Ashley. Her spells can speed up/slow down the opponent, even their falltime to get them to try and recover late or early ect. I think it would be a cool moveset.

Anyways, I want to talk about not movesets, so a second convo is welcome. If you leave it up to me, I'm probably going to write something out of sheer boredom.

Nintendo needs a maid character in Smash to clean everyone's clocks.
Chiramii? Or whatever it's name is now.

Minccino

Also, butt****.

D

Deleted member

Dis place be dead after the blackout...
EDIT: Or it was until a swarm of posts appeared as soon as I posted. (Stupid non-always automatic automatic system...)

D

Deleted member

I was thinking that every female character needs a french maid outfit alt.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why stop at females?
That's what I'm saying.

Also:

Sakurai said that his aim with the 3DS version is to offer players a slightly different experience from conventional Smash Bros. games. He believes that there is merit in having skilled and unskilled players play together, so one emphasis will be on elements of players helping one-another.
This game doesn't sound like a fighting game..

Regarding planners, Sakurai noted that he's headed up all areas of game balance and character strength settings for past Smash Bros. This time, he's hoping to leave this area to the staff.
This quote is from a more accurate version of that article. This changes things. I mean, the old one said he would be open to help from others, and this one says Sakurai is hoping to leave the balancing to a group of people. Big difference.

For the programmers, the difficulty is in making two games at once. Sakurai wants to place a focus on smoothly making the basic systems. They will first begin by porting the basic gameplay systems of Smash Bros. X to 3DS and Wii U.
Lastly, this games basics will be Brawl, although I seriously doubt its going to play anything like it. I mean that in a great way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Lastly, this games basics will be Brawl, although I seriously doubt its going to play anything like it. I mean that in a great way.
Same. My guess is that they're just gonna take the Brawl engine and use that as a base. From there, they would modify and expand it for the next game. Really, it's just saving the trouble of writing out some of the core aspects of the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Same. My guess is that they're just gonna take the Brawl engine and use that as a base. From there, they would modify and expand it for the next game. Really, it's just saving the trouble of writing out some of the core aspects of the game.
Yeah that's what I figured. Did brawl start with Melee's core stuff?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much my thinking as well.

Yeah that's what I figured. Did brawl start with Melee's core stuff?
From what I heard, it was mostly from the ground up, but then again, the early game looks a lot like Melee.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
in np he stated that if he was going to revive a new franchise he will in the upcoming smash bros game

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
And since Sakurai probably won't touch it unless it's lighthearted like KI and Kirby, i think its safe to assume something like MachRider is out of the question. If anything, hes talking about Sable, Takamaru, Muddy Mole, or Donbe, something a little more his style.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, I was being sarcastic with that comment, M&S Guy :laugh:

Do you think I'm some kinda anarchist for gaming forums or something? LOL I would never seriously suggest anything like that
It wouldn't hurt if you warned people about the sarcasm though. When I'm sarcastic, I let people know that I am with *sarcasm*.

I think rhydon should be in smash four

b attack - earthquake
side b - rdrill run
up b - rock climb
down b - rock slide
FINAL SMASH - HORN DRILL
Rhydon isn't all that popular. Maybe it would work as a Poke Ball Pokemon, but Rhyperior would make a better one, since it has Rock Wrecker.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ussi/Omega (?): That's exactly what I thought!

Anyway, after I had been messing around with Snake and his codecs on each character, I thought of attempting on similar codecs between Pit & Palutena in Uprising-style (we've been speculating about it here guys, right?) You could use it on Skyworld or Uprising-stage as Pit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Need a topic.

Why don't you all POSE FOR THE FANS!
This is the greatest thing ever :laugh: was this from WarioWare? Or a new WaioWare? Never seen it before

And yes, Ivysaur needs a move as poison powder. Suggested that before myself. Maybe as a new down B? Pikachu and Ness might like some paralysis attacks to.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is the greatest thing ever :laugh: was this from WarioWare? Or a new WaioWare? Never seen it before

And yes, Ivysaur needs a move as poison powder. Suggested that before myself. Maybe as a new down B? Pikachu and Ness might like some paralysis attacks to.
Nope Rhythm Heavem. Look it up....................or I'll post more vidoes.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Starfy

Pit: Lady Palutena, I wouldn't ever expect myself to get into this sort of awkward of situation: I'm fighting against a starfish. And even out of the water, too!
Palutena: You mean Starfy? He's actually no starfish.
Pit: Then what is he?
Palutena: He's the Prince Of Pufftop! A bit of... very clumsy royalty, but he's quite determined when he sets his mind on something. Isn't he just adorable?
Pit: ...
Palutena: Also, there's some rumors and stories about him possessing very supergalactic strength passed down by his father. From what I remember, he once deflected away an entire moon launched by a certain evil extraterrestial force.
Pit: Really?!! You got to be joking there, aren't you! There's no way this little... star could do... Oooh. I get it. Star power.
Palutena: Still doesn't mean he's from outer space himself.
Pit: What was he then, again?
Palutena: The Prince Of Pufftop, of course!
Pit: That doesn't though make sense... I guess I can say he's the only individual of it's own kind?

Alternatively:

Pit: Now that we're talking about 'sealife', I think it might be right time to tell something I've felt too embarrassed to mention in front of public.
Palutena: What is it Pit?
Pit: It's just that... I'm not just afraid of eggplants, but I'm also scared of water. My body goes totally numb if I fall on huge body of water.
Palutena: So you swim like a hammer. It might be no wonder, according to one ancient myth..
Pit: A myth? Lady Palutena, what does it have to do with me?
Palutena: Well, long time ago, there were two humans who were held in a prison inside a maze. The father made though wings from feathers and beewax, which he gave to his son. They successfully escaped: but the son was so marvelled with his ability to fly, that he soared even higher and higher...
Pit: Let me guess, that son got too near sunlight, and his wings burned up... Am I correct?
Palutena: That's right. The poor son fell on the sea and drowned. It's sucha tragic story...
Pit: Wait, don't tell me...
Palutena: Don't worry, I don't think there's that much of possibility that you're related to him: it might just be a matter of coincidence.
Pit: I think so too. At least I would've been smarter.

Lip

Pit: Lady Palutena?
Cordelia: Hello there little angel.
Pit: Woah! Who're you?! You're no Palutena...
Cordelia: I might not be, but I'm her friend from distant lands of Popples. I'm Cordelia, the Goddess of the Fairies.
Pit: Okay, at least you don't seem sort of evil lady... though you give a bit that vibe. Sorry for that. So do you have anything to say about Lip?
Cordelia: She's quite confident and tomboyish girl, and the wand she uses is the source of her power, and her most valued thing. The powers of plant life are in her command, so do watch out if you see them. Though the fact that she hadn't found herself yet accepting as the new queen worries me.
Pit: Queen...? I didn't expect you to know so much about her.
Cordelia: It's because I'm her mother. *Fufufu*
Pit: M-m-m-mother?! You're her MOTHER?! No wonder! You really know your daughter. So about Lip, you hope she'll become as great as you did?
Cordelia: I hope for so too. I have faith on her. Please, do support her. She needs it in her way to take my place.
Pit: I... I will.

There now, you can give me requests on some other characters. I might try to polish these up after getting Uprising, since I can see their personalities more which could help me incharacterise them better.

So what do you think?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Feel free to post more videos.

The art style really reminds me of WarioWare though

Made by the same people. That team is making another weird game for the Wii, but that's another time.

Some quick history, it released in 2006 in Japan as Rhythm Tengoku. We wouldn't get the game until the DS game came in 2009 (I believe). The game is little sub games all one to rhythm. Match the rhyhtm and things work. There are also remixes that combine at least 4 game into one big song. The game has done pretty well with the DS version selling almost 2 million in Japan. Tsunku is the subervisor for the music.

Romantic Rap (Wii)
Hole in One (Wii)
Karate Man (wii) Multiplayer. There is also a 1 player version.
I actually want Karate Joe to be in Smash, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Remix 3 (Wii)

I'm expecting something from this game in the next Smash. Maybe not a character, but something like AC?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Made by the same people. That team is making another weird game for the Wii, but that's another time.

Some quick history, it released in 2006 in Japan as Rhythm Tengoku. We wouldn't get the game until the DS game came in 2009 (I believe). The game is little sub games all one to rhythm. Match the rhyhtm and things work. There are also remixes that combine at least 4 game into one big song. The game has done pretty well with the DS version selling almost 2 million in Japan. Tsunku is the subervisor for the music.

Romantic Rap (Wii)
Hole in One (Wii)
Karate Man (wii) Multiplayer. There is also a 1 player version.
I actually want Karate Joe to be in Smash, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Remix 3 (Wii)

I'm expecting something from this game in the next Smash. Maybe not a character, but something like AC?
Seeing how it did so well, I hope that we get a stage from it as well. Maybe an expanded idea on how they did it for WarioWare. Seems pretty likely actually.

Hope Elite Beat Agents gets some more love as well. That game gave me some serious laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom