• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The subject of Cranky Kong reminded me of a tutorial mode for the game. In BlazBlue, you have Rachel who pretty much insults you the entire time. Cranky would be the perfect character for something like that.

Alternatively, all these individual conversation ones could be used for tutorial modes.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
But cranky kong is consistently aggressive in how he communicates, do you think that Smash is into anything remotely close to direct in that manner?

D

Deleted member

Maybe Cranky Kong can replace Mr. Resetti while Resetti becomes playable? :troll:
Think about it, Resetti has shown interest in kicking your ***, and the Animal Crossers and Tom Nook are evidentally too "peaceful" to be included and "wouldn't make sense fighting".
Resetti is a rage filled mole with a pick.

FS could be where he does his long lecutre, which puts you to sleep, then literally EXPLODES in anger for not paying attention, killing anyone that is near him.

Unique feature? He's always underground like a Diglett unless he jumps or gets hit off the ground. Crouch makes him hide. (Though to be fair, you can hit him by hitting the clumps of dirt.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But cranky kong is consistently aggressive in how he communicates, do you think that Smash is into anything remotely close to direct in that manner?
Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how its delivered. If it's delivered by a cranky, old guy, people may see it as funny.

D

Deleted member

It's true. Crotchety old men are typically hilarious.

Now replace "men" with "monkies", and you got yourself a prime(ate) attraction.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how its delivered. If it's delivered by a cranky, old guy, people may see it as funny.
Cranky has been a lot softer on DK in between DK64 and DKCR. In Jungle Climber especially he's quite a supportive character. Its cool Retro Studios made him actually cranky again in Returns.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tryphen should make that tank Palutena's Final Smash since he thinks she should use the new weapons introduced in Uprising. How fitting for a goddess as IMPOTENT as herself. :awesome:

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Tryphen should make that tank Palutena's Final Smash since he thinks she should use the new weapons introduced in Uprising. How fitting for a goddess as IMPOTENT as herself. :awesome:
Give palutena pits brawl final smash and have pit use the tank. LAND MASTER!!!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Give palutena pits brawl final smash and have pit use the tank. LAND MASTER!!!!!
Palutena's Final Smash should be to WAKE UP and realize the whole match was just a bad dream. She then sends Pit out to fight her battles for her while she continues doing nothing at all. Aside from the occasional QUIP of course.

This Final Smash is perfect since it represents how USELESS she is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So here are some of the abilities of the Saboteur class in Final Fantasy XIII. I'm just going to mention what their Smash adaption would be like and will only go over the ones that are applicable so things like Fog and Death aren't done.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Saboteur_(Final_Fantasy_XIII)

Deprotect - Multiplies the amount of damage and knockback on the next attack inflicted on the opponent by 10-20%.
Deshell - Inflicts shield damage, even if the opponent isn't shielding.
Poison - Inflicts initial damage and then additional damage is built up over time until the spell wears off.
Slow - Reduces running and jump speed. All other frame data is kept as is.
Daze - Puts the opponent in a dizzy state.
Ness and Mewtwo could use stat upgrading attacks, but it'd be hard to implement. Maybe it's easier for Mewtwo cause he could use different Side and Down specials. Ness could have Daze effect on a new version of PK Flash as well.

Ivysaur could cover Poision with a move as Poison Powder. Would really buff him up a lot.

And I feel Impa could have the Slow status. And am being serious here.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I'll just leave this here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZ6ayup4O8
Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition new trailer.

Also, it is said that the lord with Mewtwo is "Said to be the most powerful emperor in the world". Mewtwo-mix much?
This-

Gives mewtwo more relevance so that could be something to back up his return to smash
It gives jigglypuff importance and purpose to keep her (not like jiggs is going anywhere)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow. This fella on youtube was doing a critique of someone's roster, and it opened my eyes to how Silly some people are. He obviously didn't critique fairly. I tried to teach him some sense in the comments. How do you guys like my points? Just wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHDsX5kB27w

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's what I thought. I wanted to point out his blatant contradiction in one thing he said, as well, but didn't want to either waste my time or look like a complete jerk. I think I handled it well, though, right?

D

Deleted member

You handled it better than I would've.
I would've torn into him like I did to Vaztor about his Ridley blog.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This fella on youtube was doing a critique of someone's roster, and it opened my eyes to how Silly some people are. He obviously didn't critique fairly. I tried to teach him some sense in the comments. How do you guys like my points? Just wondering.

Him? Ugh, I watched some of his stuff before. Most of the time he fails at backing up his reasoning, like when he explains his roster, he says-

"I added in bowser jr, because, ugh, because he doesn't need an explanation"

Also, I agree, his critiques are in accurate. Like on some other persons roster critique he took points off because he didn't know who prince of sable is.
Awsomon really angers me :mad:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Him? Ugh, I watched some of his stuff before. Most of the time he fails at backing up his reasoning, like when he explains his roster, he says-

"I added in bowser jr, because, ugh, because he doesn't need an explanation"

Also, I agree, his critiques are in accurate. Like on some other persons roster critique he took points off because he didn't know who prince of sable is.
Awsomon really angers me :mad:

My 11year old brother has a manlier voice than this guy. And anyone saying Dixie would be a "complete Diddy clone, trust me I done research on the games" deserves no attention. Then again, am not sure if troll, or dumb 15 year old.

Y'all kids need to pick up some damn classics. Stay away from the Mario Parties, go play some DKC.

Mr.Resetti should not be a playable fighter. That he was an AT in Brawl was fan service enough. He should return as a AT though, as he was easily the best one of them I feel.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
...not that I doubt you (she'd be a semi clone at most) but would you mind educating those of us who haven't played DKC games? .____.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice

i had to stop the video...

some of these MARIO SPIN OFFS he speaks of are considered its own franchise/series now a days. like wario.

2. kammick (or whoever his name is) never faught?...neither did game and watch...

i had enough of that tard sorry.

D

Deleted member

Mr.Resetti should not be a playable fighter. That he was an AT in Brawl was fan service enough. He should return as a AT though, as he was easily the best one of them I feel.

True, true.
I just feel that if Sakurai was to look for a fighter from AC, he'd consider Resetti first due to not being completely peaceful and constantly swinging a weapon around.
But AC doesn't really need a fighter.

(BTW, I'm not blocking you anymore.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
??? Since when did tanks become a sign of impotentness?

Palutena's Final Smash should be to WAKE UP and realize the whole match was just a bad dream. She then sends Pit out to fight her battles for her while she continues doing nothing at all. Aside from the occasional QUIP of course.

This Final Smash is perfect since it represents how USELESS she is.
I guess the same could be said for Medusa, just with emo Pit and an entire army.

I shouldn't be surprised though, if she keeps being defeated by a little kid, she's pretty WEAK (and **** ugly) to begin with anyway.

3D Classics : Kid Icarus will be a pre-order bonus for NA

Source
****. I was hoping to get it much sooner like in Europe. :(

Oh well, I guess it's just another reason to pre-order early. :ohwell:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...not that I doubt you (she'd be a semi clone at most) but would you mind educating those of us who haven't played DKC games? .____.
At most, and that's only if she is a late addition. Well, first of all, Dixie lacks a tail. Which Diddy would / should make more use of. Other than that, her iconic unique point is her long ponytail, which she throws barrels, cannonballs, enemies, Diddy himself, you name it- arouns with. She can even spin her hair to attack, whereas Diddy would do a cartwheel (and DK a rolling attack).

She can also spin her hair around to float with it for unlimited time untill she reaches the ground, which makes her jumping in DKC legendary. Most likely, DK's Up B in Smash was inspired by this.

Dixie also lacks the Peanut Popguns and Barrel Jet, but I indeed could picture her doing Diddy's Side B, and throwing bananas (which, infact, Diddy never did in any game prior to Brawl).

So no cartwheel, no Popguns, no Barrel Jet, no tail, should already give her more unique attacks from Diddy than how Ganondorf is different than Falcon sadly. Her hair would involve most of her moves, and she might be similair to Diddy statistically, but not a clone at all. She'd likely be floatier, slightly slower and less powerful to.

D

Deleted member

I guess the same could be said for Medusa, just with emo Pit and an entire army.

I shouldn't be surprised though, if she keeps being defeated by a little kid, she's pretty WEAK (and **** ugly) to begin with anyway.
....Dark Pit isn't associated with the Underworld Army or Medusa....
Nor has he been shown to be emo....(what, all black haired dark clothes-wearing people are emo now?)

Medusa isn't weak, and Pit isn't a little kid, either. Pit's an angellic being, and when he fought Medusa, he was using the Sacred Bow. (so Ganondorf's weak for being bested by the Master Sword?)
As for ugly, have you SEEN her Uprising appearance? Or like how all black haired dark clothes-wearing people are emo, all pasty skinned people are ugly?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
True, true.
I just feel that if Sakurai was to look for a fighter from AC, he'd consider Resetti first due to not being completely peaceful and constantly swinging a weapon around.
But AC doesn't really need a fighter.

(BTW, I'm not blocking you anymore.)
That's true, but he might have competition still with the villager and the more popular Tom Nook. But Sakurai himself already disregarded AC for having a playable character anyway, or so someone saidmhere.

And cool for that not blocking me anymore. But I did say some **** to you so yeah. I'm cool with you, you still say things I don't agree with time to time butmyour by far no HyperFalcon. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom