• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
super armor doesn't work that way. It can only be stopped by a grab. If you re-work it so he has heavy armor (super armor with limits on how much damage you can take) and a limit to how long you can remain suspended in the air this way, you're golden.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
super armor doesn't work that way. It can only be stopped by a grab. If you re-work it so he has heavy armor (super armor with limits on how much damage you can take) and a limit to how long you can remain suspended in the air this way, you're golden.
This is true. Ok, yes, projectiles can interupt, but he can recast. Make's it better?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, Oasis, you're seriously pissing me off, now. We JUST stopped this, and now you're starting this AGAIN. No, you're not funny. Quit calling me Sausage. I mean it. I'm getting really mad about this. Quit the childish bull***. You're the reason why I'm changing my name soon. God damn...

Super Armour disagrees. Sooner or later, you'll be able to smash him for the kill.
Don't change your name man, it's a joke. Besides, he could've been calling you Sausage. Look at it from the bright side. :awesome:

:phone:

D

Deleted member

No, I'M Golden. :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Don't change your name man, it's a joke. Besides, he could've been calling you Sausage. Look at it from the bright side. :awesome:

The joke died when it started... 3 Months ago. It needs to stop. It should of stopped when I told him to stop. He needs to quit his trolly bs.

@Metal Yeah, I am becoming premium. I planned on changing my name anyways.

@GameandRock It means he can use it again.

D

Deleted member

@Metal
True dat.

Mojo Jojo is the ****.

@Oasis
Nope, we didn't have to read that movie in high school. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oasis is my favorite drink when I go to France...
If you know it, your awesome.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If ****ing Chris and Leon can finally be make an appearance together in RE6, WHY THE **** CAN'T NINTENDO AND SEGA MAKE MY MARIO AND SONIC PLATFORMER

Enough of this Olympic Games crap already

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's what I thought. I wanted to point out his blatant contradiction in one thing he said, as well, but didn't want to either waste my time or look like a complete jerk. I think I handled it well, though, right?
I told him one major flaw in his argument. Just look for breloomer236. That's me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
GAIZ, Snorlax could be a semi-clone of Jigglypuff, like Wolf is to Fox!!

He gets original neutral attacks, but for Specials:
B: Rollout
Side B: Mega Punch
Up B: Hyper Voice (doesn't put opponents to sleep)
Down B: Rest (Heals rather than attacks)
Final Smash: Body Slam (what he does in his Poke Ball attack without the falling through the whole stage.

Taunt: Yawn (a cloud flies out slow and puts people to sleep if it hits)
Snorlax would make Bowser and K. Rool look like lightweights. Fortunately, it's VERY unlikely to be a playable character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Chrome and Liz tag team would rock.

Don't know how that would work, but it would be broken as hell if Liz turned out to be a priest. Healing staffs in Smash will be broken, no doubt. And she couldn't fight then probably. Unless she uses magic. But tag teams like that really won't work so well in Smash.

Snorlax would be awesome man. Don't be hatin'.

D

Deleted member

*looks at Snorlax fighting in the anime* I see no problem.

*Looks at DK's weight being around 800 lbs in DK64* *Looks at Chunky Kong being 2000 lbs in DK64* Yeah....K. Rool would make SNORLAX seem like a lightweight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Snorlax would be a bit heavier than Bowser is right now in Brawl. Then again, Bowser needs to be bigger and heavier anyway. So the order would probably be Bowser> K.Rool > Snorlax > Ridley > Donkey Kong > anyone not Snake.

And Snorlax indeed wouldn't sleep all the time, and Rest being in his moveset would still reflect that part of him. I would be thrilled to see him in as a slight Luigified Jigglypuff clone as a late addition!
Also, he might not be the heaviest, but a healing Rest might still make him live longer than most characters. :awesome: Snorlax was always the powerful staller type.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*looks at Snorlax fighting in the anime* I see no problem.

*Looks at DK's weight being around 800 lbs in DK64* *Looks at Chunky Kong being 2000 lbs in DK64* Yeah....K. Rool would make SNORLAX seem like a lightweight.
Think about Charizard though. It weighs nearly 200 lbs., and yet it's a heavyweight in Brawl. Mewtwo is 269 lbs., but is a lightweight in Melee.

Snorlax may weigh over 1000 lbs., but its height can easily make it a super-heavyweight.

Besides, the other generations need some respect too.

D

Deleted member

That's debatable. While Snorlax is not on the top candidates for a Pokemon character, other 1st Gens are, such as Meowth, Mew, and Eevee.

Regardless of what people find "fair", Sakurai doesn't look to "fair" for Pokemon.

The sooner people realize this, the sooner the idea that "Pokemon will have a rep for every Gen" will be nothing more than a pipe dream.

EDIT: Me personally? My first game was in the 2nd Gen. I would LOVE to have a bunch of 2nd Gen. characters, especially Feraligatr and Entei. Though I understand they will never make it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Defending Snorlax, he's been the sole Pokéball Pokémon besides Goldeen who was in the Pokéball in ALL Smash games! He even got his pre-evolution in.

Mewtwo was nerfed too much in Melee, he probably was a string characger before the end game, which made him a light weight with terrible range in the end. Much like Mario's Brawl self. Ideally, Mewtwo would be heavier than Samus. And I NEVER got why Snake was heavier than Ganondorf in Brawl. Same as how Pikachu stands taller than Wario. Sakurai if you read this, fix this please.

But yeah, Snorlax coud be the heaviest of all, easily. It'd be extra cool if Jigglypuff would be the lightest character again, making them of coarse far less of clones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But Mew didn't do much. Your right though.

A rep for each generation would be cool. But I can't think of proper 2nd generation ones besides Pichu, Suicune, Celebi, Heracross and uhm.. Igglybuff? Tyranitar to maybe cause of it's popularity but that's a real far stretch. A trainer is possible to. Oh and Scizor!

A 3rd gen has Deoxys, which is imo still an awesome idea. But appart from him, I can only think of another trainer to be a cool viable rep. But only if it has Mudkip and Blaziken...

So there's not much to choose from I'm affraid. Be lucky we had Pichu in Melee and Rayquaza as a boss in Brawl. Generations do get similar attention. But the first generation is where it all started, and as far as I know, they haven't died out yet with newer games so I think it's pretty logical to rep first gen more. Just saying.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
mewtwo for ssb4 :D
Fix'd.

Here goes irrelevant text which buffs up the rest of this post, as seeing Smashboards.com unfortunately has a 10 character limit. Most likely to avoid spam perhaps, but I don't quite see the use of it. Anyways, did you know that each year, deers kill more humans than sharks do? Just felt like sharing for you know... You took the time to read all of this. Which is actually quite nice. But yeah, stay out of the woods, and don't be affraid of swimming in the sea. Your only scared of that cause you watched Sharks as a kid anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You could've added 'two' behind the word Mew, that's just so lazy man...

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Deoxys + smash = win. I'd love to see him make it into SSB4.

And replace Red with a cross-generational trainer. Totodile, Servine, Blaziken perhaps? Or Totodile, Grovile, Emboar. Competitive Pokemon trainers use more than one generation of Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Deoxys + smash = win. I'd love to see him make it into SSB4.

And replace Red with a cross-generational trainer. Totodile, Servine, Blaziken perhaps? Or Totodile, Grovile, Emboar. Competitive Pokemon trainers use more than one generation of Pokemon.
But they generally don't use first and second stage Pokes. I prefer them to be Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard though.

Deoxys is still the best addition they could do for Pokémon I feel though. Really original with all the forms, and a great rivally character to Mewtwo. He just isn't very likely unfortunately.

And I know you where talking about Mew man. Mewtwo just really needs to return. The rest was jokes.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
what do you mean they don't do first and second stage pokes? That's what Ivysaur and Charizard were. PT is one mon for each starter type and one mon for each evolutionary stage

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, I meant basic stage and second stage. Like Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom