• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

GoldenYu, you just don't understand.
What don't I understand?

@Diddy: Yeah, I've said some **** too. And while I don't agree with some things you say, it's just a part of life.
So I felt it was time to let bygones be bygones.:)
Oh, and that was me. I posted an image that Sakurai made stating that characters like the AC Villager or a Nintendog would not be included if it made no sense for them to fight.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
First of all that was "too long; more inclined to read now"

Second, that means Dixie will give us a twofer minority of awesomeness. Not only is she a female, she's a female who will be able to glide. Hello, awesome air mobility, jumping prowess, and air combat. Not to mention the coolest looking throws ever if I'm imagining this right.

After hearing that, I recant ever using the word semi clone. sharing a side b and down b with diddy would make her what Lucas is to Ness or what Wolf is to Fox. Similar in some way, but not even remotely clonish. A "distant relative" or "cousin". Or "distinct sibling" "fraternal twin" I would go on but I won't. That is, if I'm reading this correctly.

You have just hyped me up for a smash game with dixie. and a sudden desire for 800 wii points. Throw in Kritter and the Mario series can eat their heart out xP

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
....Dark Pit isn't associated with the Underworld Army or Medusa....
Nor has he been shown to be emo....(what, all black haired dark clothes-wearing people are emo now?)

Medusa isn't weak, and Pit isn't a little kid, either. Pit's an angellic being, and when he fought Medusa, he was using the Sacred Bow. (so Ganondorf's weak for being bested by the Master Sword?)
As for ugly, have you SEEN her Uprising appearance? Or like how all black haired dark clothes-wearing people are emo, all pasty skinned people are ugly?
For the record this is just me and Oasis messing with each other, there's no need to take things so seriously.

And yes Medusa is weak and ugly, she and an entire army had to fight one little kid, and lost!? :smirk:

The only difference with Uprising is that Pit has grown up a bit. :troll:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Why throw in Kritter when you can have K. Rool?
Because Smash already has final bosses. iirc, an elite minion of awesome hasn't been playable yet. And Kritter fits the bill perfectly. We already have Bowser and Ganondorf. Let's spice this puppy up some.

On that note, if Nintendog returns someone is going to die. Interface screw assist trophy my ***. -_-

D

Deleted member

Rhydon is credited as the first Pokemon ever created for the series.

Despite this, Rhydon has nothing.

@Mr.GameandRock: That honestly makes no sense. Kritter instead of K. Rool would cause MASS amount of rage among the Smash community.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First of all that was "too long; more inclined to read now"

Second, that means Dixie will give us a twofer minority of awesomeness. Not only is she a female, she's a female who will be able to glide. Hello, awesome air mobility, jumping prowess, and air combat. Not to mention the coolest looking throws ever if I'm imagining this right.

After hearing that, I recant ever using the word semi clone. sharing a side b and down b with diddy would make her what Lucas is to Ness or what Wolf is to Fox. Similar in some way, but not even remotely clonish. A "distant relative" or "cousin". Or "distinct sibling" "fraternal twin" I would go on but I won't. That is, if I'm reading this correctly.

You have just hyped me up for a smash game with dixie. and a sudden desire for 800 wii points. Throw in Kritter and the Mario series can eat their heart out xP
Great to have convinced someone! If you get one DKC game, get the 2nd one. It's the best in the series, and you get to play with both Diddy and Dixie, who imo are the best Kongs of the series (also, the best end boss battle). DKC1 is cool to, but shorter than the others.

And yes, you totally get the idea right! But some also prefer the idea of coupling both Kongs togheter, which also makes sence as DKC features tag team gameplay, in which it really shines the best in DKC2.

Also, why get the Kritter if you can get the King he serves? :awesome:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think anyone has caught on that when SupbarSmashBrother posts, he's always not being serious? It's kind of sad, really. He comes in from time to time, makes a joke, and is either ignored or no one GETS IT.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Because Smash already has final bosses. iirc, an elite minion of awesome hasn't been playable yet. And Kritter fits the bill perfectly. We already have Bowser and Ganondorf. Let's spice this puppy up some.

On that note, if Nintendog returns someone is going to die. Interface screw assist trophy my ***. -_-
But King K. Rool is more popular and has more fan demand to get in not to mention that he's also the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong series. If anyone gets in it's going to be him or Dixxie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think anyone has caught on that when SupbarSmashBrother posts, he's always not being serious? It's kind of sad, really. He comes in from time to time, makes a joke, and is either ignored or no one GETS IT.
If it's about Rhydon, yeah, I didn't get that one. But most of my posts where I put effort into get ignored to so yeah...

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
To be completely honest, that was stupid of me to reject K.Rool out of hand in favor of Kritter like that. I apologize. Best case scenario, we see 5 DK universe characters (DK, diddy, dixie, K.Rool and Kritter) to match a potential 5 mario universe characters (the current four plus one other, hopefully Bowser jr) My position is that we need at least one minion to be playable, and unless there's a better candidate than the Kritter then my support goes to him.

D

Deleted member

GAIZ, Snorlax could be a semi-clone of Jigglypuff, like Wolf is to Fox!!

He gets original neutral attacks, but for Specials:
B: Rollout
Side B: Mega Punch
Up B: Hyper Voice (doesn't put opponents to sleep)
Down B: Rest (Heals rather than attacks)
Final Smash: Body Slam (what he does in his Poke Ball attack without the falling through the whole stage.

Taunt: Yawn (a cloud flies out slow and puts people to sleep if it hits)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Holy crap it is Pieman.

ANYWAY. Right now I'm feeling like Mona/Jimmy T./Captain Syrup aren't even worth mentioning in a potential "pool" of characters. Too bad Shorts isn't here. :troll:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
the term is 'fraternal twin" now. And there shall be no additional gen I mons in smash. As it is, they get full spotlight. I'd like to see every gen get at least something on the playable roster...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the 5th DK character would actually be someone as DK Jr. (as a retro addition, DK clone perhaps), Funky Kong, Cranky Kong but I'd personally want Kiddy Kong. The Kritter is cool to, but is sort of glorified too much cause of Mario Strikers.

And I actually thought of Snorlax as a Jiggs clone as well! Only change in my part was Body Slam as a Up B, otherwise it's exactly the same as yours GoldenY. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Even DK Jr. could be unique based on his games, such as vines, keys, fruit, etc.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes, nice to meet you, Pieman. ^^

So guys, we're almost up to 5000 pages. Awesome, huh? :D

5th DK rep? Perhaps.... Perhaps those that have been mentioned, Cranky Kong would be fun but i'd see him being the new Resetti or something like that.

So with that in mind I wouldn't mind seeing Kiddy or DK Jr. or whoever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could be, but I can only picture 5 DK characters if DK Jr. is becoming a clone. I would actually prefer him to be a DK or Diddy costume though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem with DK Jr is that he stands in the way of Diddy. And that he's a grown up now with Donkey Kong around.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I think the 5th DK character would actually be someone as DK Jr. (as a retro addition, DK clone perhaps), Funky Kong, Cranky Kong but I'd personally want Kiddy Kong. The Kritter is cool to, but is sort of glorified too much cause of Mario Strikers.

And I actually thought of Snorlax as a Jiggs clone as well! Only change in my part was Body Slam as a Up B, otherwise it's exactly the same as yours GoldenY. :laugh:

And super sluggers. I just want someone who is a minion of awesome to make it in. Any better ideas? No, Pokemon don't count.

A 5th DK character should be a middleweight, seeing how DK and K.Rool, and the kong kids, place at heavy and light weight respectively. A medium size fellow... Tiny Kong could work, but in case DK series likes extremes in smash Funky Kong could join the heavies. DK Jr would be awesome as a palette swap for either DK or Diddy, though...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice to meet ya Pieman.

And yeah, nothing has changed in quite a while. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And super sluggers. I just want someone who is a minion of awesome to make it in. Any better ideas? No, Pokemon don't count.

A 5th DK character should be a middleweight, seeing how DK and K.Rool, and the kong kids, place at heavy and light weight respectively. A medium size fellow... Tiny Kong could work, but in case DK series likes extremes in smash Funky Kong could join the heavies. DK Jr would be awesome as a palette swap for either DK or Diddy, though...
Diddy isn't even that light actually, but yeah I see your point. 2 light characters and 2 heavy ones. Am affraid there's not much of a choice, but I always liked Xananab from DK Jungle Climber :awesome: he actually got a trophy in Brawl to. And could actually have the bananas as part of his moveset really well in case Diddy doesn't have em.

Would like to see him return in a new game though. Who doesn't like banana aliens?

And yes, Bandana Dee for minion character! :D Don't even know him, but he makes up for the fact we'll probably never get a spear / lance user from Fire Emblem.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
If Dedede gets a suitable replacement as a side-b move, bandana dee in smash could be the most epic thing since Meta Knight.

Banana Alien, as a playable character... too bad it honestly doesn't seem too likely, but if it happens, I will be positively amazed.

There are many play styles that could be tried out in smash that haven't been done yet. Another swordsman? Bah humbug! Give me a spear-weilding minion, a girl who glides and fights with her hair, a Banana Alien, and other characters with styles/weapons that haven't been seen. I like where this is going.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pieman. Yay! You should check out the discussion group. Its got Toise and everything!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bored. Very... very... very bored.

Typhlosion Moveset:

(B): Flame Burst
He clenches his paws, and a fire ball starts to form in his mouth. When done charging, he can either fire it off or hold it. When he holds the charge, fire comes from the corners of his mouth. When he fires, he'll get on four, and fire a fat spear-like fire ball that's 1.5 character spaces long forward. It's fast, and deadly. Will only blow if it hits a solid object. If it doesn't, it keeps going. At full charge, it's as powerful as a Bob-Omb, but with a tiny bit less knockback. It also hurts anyone 1 character space near it. If Typhlosion blows it in front of himself, and someone's in front of him, he'll hurt himself, too, taking the explosion damage.

(B)>: Flame Wheel
His body turns on fire, and he darts forward. If you press the (B) button while running, he'll stop, then send a fire wave in front of him. It pushes opponents away. He also hurts people in the dash. The edge of the push, however, is a sweet spot, and pushes opponents away, doing more damage and knockback. When done in midair, he'll dash away forward, going as far as Captain Falcon's (B)> on the ground. It goes straight forward, but removes action afterwards. Press (B), and he'll have action, but will stop the rush.

(B)v: Inferno
He breaths fire in front of him, and a bubbly-like fire ball forms in front of him. When you let go, a fire-whirlwind will be casted out. It's sort of like the whirlwind from the original temple (SSB64), except it traps opponents, and does some damage. It doesn't move, and fades away quickly, depending on the time of charge. The max charge is 7 seconds, which'll let it stick around for 5 seconds, and trap opponents for 10 seconds, allowing a KO attack to occur. The Inferno cannot be casted off the edge of a stage. If it is, Typhlosion shakes his head, and takes a few steps back.

(B)^: Fire Pledge
His body casts the symbol for Fire in Japanese, and he roars. He'll then start floating upwards, but slowly. In this stage, the only thing that can stop him is projectiles (Samus's (B)v doesn't count. Same with Bombs). When someone attacks him, the symbol flashes, and knockbacks them away. Once the (B) button is let go, the symbol disappears, then Typhlosion loses all action. It can raise Typhlosion 3 character spaces upwards, and moves quickly left to right.

Final Smash: Eruption
He roars, then the fire on his back shoots straight upwards. then like Entei, a Fire Storm will rain on him. In this stage, he can move, but slowly, making opponents fear him and run. If an opponent is trapped, it's a OHKO to medium and lower weights, but characters like Bowser might survive.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pie, meet Sausage. Sausage, Pie.
Ok, Oasis, you're seriously pissing me off, now. We JUST stopped this, and now you're starting this AGAIN. No, you're not funny. Quit calling me Sausage. I mean it. I'm getting really mad about this. Quit the childish bull***. You're the reason why I'm changing my name soon. God damn...

fire pledge makes him broken against everyone without a projectile. aside from that, not bad
Super Armour disagrees. Sooner or later, you'll be able to smash him for the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom