• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
in ssb64, Pikachu and Jigglypuff were at their first stage...

the idea is that while individually, 1st gen Pokes may seem more iconic, trainers are always the heart and soul of Pokemon, regardless of generation. If you're putting in a Pokemon trainer, make it one from a generation that doesn't already have a huge amount of representation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Deoxys + smash = win. I'd love to see him make it into SSB4.
I did have an idea for Deoxys, which would enable you to utilize each one of its forms in a similar manner as how Zelda becomes Sheik and vice versa. However, it's flawed in that you'd have to do multiple transformations to get the form you want.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Okay, it's been an hour, we can stop ignoring Metal Overlord now. Carry on.

Do we not consider Chibi-Robo because no one is asking for him. Chalk it up to an oversight, or unpopularity? Or just, no one really wants to see him in Smash? Because how could you NOT love that little guy?!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Do we not consider Chibi-Robo because no one is asking for him. Chalk it up to an oversight, or unpopularity? Or just, no one really wants to see him in Smash? Because how could you NOT love that little guy?!
Some of Chibi Robo's moveset can be based off of items he collects in his games. Such as a toothbrush, a water squirter, a spoon and other odd ball items in addition to his wire tail. His home stage can be a giant living room where the main battlefield takes place on a giant sofa and or coffee table.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Some of Chibi Robo's moveset can be based off of items he collects in his games. Such as a toothbrush, a water squirter, a spoon and other odd ball items in addition to his wire tail. His home stage can be a giant living room where the main battlefield takes place on a giant sofa and or coffee table.
It's gotta be the coffee table. Sakurai loves taking stages from the first level after all, and that's the very first place you step out on! Plus, it'd just be great seeing the Sandersons react to the battle in the background.

Really hope he at least makes it as an Assist Trophy. >:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's gotta be the coffee table. Sakurai loves taking stages from the first level after all, and that's the very first place you step out on! Plus, it'd just be great seeing the Sandersons react to the battle in the background.

Really hope he at least makes it as an Assist Trophy. >:
I have to admit, fighting on a coffee table to this would be a hilariously epic moment.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Agreed, he should at least be an AT. But what would he do?

Fighting on a coffee table would be interesting as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Agreed, he should at least be an AT. But what would he do?

Fighting on a coffee table would be interesting as well.
Scrub platforms with his toothbrush, causing them to become slippery. In turn increasing susceptibility to sliding and tripping for each platform cleaned.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Scrub platforms with his toothbrush, causing them to become slippery. In turn increasing susceptibility to sliding and tripping for each platform cleaned.
That would be interesting. We haven't had an AT that could change the stage itself yet.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When he gets done scrubbing, little happy point HEARTS should float out of the ground, and Telly should fly down and say, with a TEXT BOX at the bottom, "spread the happiness!" :333

Also, the newly cleaned platform should sparkle.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Y'all haven't totally ignored him yet=??? :awesome: (jk, Metal Overlord is a cool son bro man dude!)
Chibi-Robo fits into the "modern 'WTF?' character" category, and so far, aside from Pichu Roy (and arguably Ness in Smash 64), we haven't really gotten one of those. At least Pichu was popular, Ness' game was somewhat popular in Japan (and has reached cult status worldwide) and was hugely influential on gaming (its' biggest influence: Pokémon).

I think Chibi-Robo could definitely make an interesting character to randomly appear. I just have troubles seeing Chibi-Robo getting in over newer characters such as Starfy, Bowser Jr, Victini/Zoroark/basically every "popular smash bros choice" Pokémon, Krystal, Issac, Saki (well, he's new to all of us outside of Japan who never played the Japanese version of Sin and Punishment), etc. That's a stiff field to go against. I have a hard time seeing Sakurai or really many people loving Chibi-Robo over most of those choices.

Personally, I would definitely prefer Starfy, Bowser Jr., Victini, Issac, and Saki over Chibi-Robo. I've got nothing against Chibi-Robo, but I think the lack of having any games well-received outside of small markets or groups of people not just internationally but in a country-to-country basis, which includes Japan. Now if Chibi-Robo's series had a more appeal, better sales, a more "cult-like" status (viva Las F-Zero, Mother, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus) or a bigger fanbase, I think Chibi-Robo would definitely have more demand, and would be a more desired character as a potential smash bros newcomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chibi-Robo fits into the "modern 'WTF?' character" category, and so far, aside from Pichu Roy (and arguably Ness in Smash 64)
There are other unexpected additions, although I guess they don't really fall under such a lowly catagory as Chibi Robo.

ZSS was unexpected, but a smart addition nonetheless. Pokemon Trainer was very, out of the blue as well. But, he was a smart addition in most senses. Uhm Roy, and Doc were weird choices Ness and Lucas are weird choices too I suppose.

But besides the first two I mentioned, everyone who was weird had pretty good reasons for being added.

Roy & Doc were easy clones, Ness and Lucas are part of a reaaaalllllyyyyy good game with extremely dedicted fans. ZSS and PT were elements of their series that were good choices.

Chibi Robo isn't part of an existing franchise, he isn't part of a REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY good game, or clone material.

I guess he could be the ROB, and just show and piss everyone off. "We got Chibi Robo over Ridley!?" and then ROB laughes because no one is blaming him anymore.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There are other unexpected additions, although I guess they don't really fall under such a lowly catagory as Chibi Robo.
Yeah, his games haven't sold well at all... not even to the lowly standards of Fire Emblem, F-Zero, etc (not that those games aren't good or not).

ZSS was unexpected, but a smart addition nonetheless. Pokemon Trainer was very, out of the blue as well. But, he was a smart addition in most senses. Uhm Roy, and Doc were weird choices Ness and Lucas are weird choices too I suppose.
ZSS had been around the block. While it was unexpected, anyone who played smash before knew who she was. Pokémon Trainer was extremely unexpected, every single person who owns Brawl knew what a Pokémon Trainer/Red/Ash was before they bought the dang game.
But besides the first two I mentioned, everyone who was weird had pretty good reasons for being added.

Roy & Doc were easy clones, Ness and Lucas are part of a reaaaalllllyyyyy good game with extremely dedicted fans. ZSS and PT were elements of their series that were good choices.
Pretty much. Although I think Wario would have been a better Mario clone choice in Melee, Doc made plenty of sense for the situation. Each of the newer Brawl character adds (Lucas, Ness, the PT, Captain Olimar, and ZSS) really made most of us want to get our claws on this game more. They added a lot of needed spice to the roster.
Chibi Robo isn't part of an existing franchise, he isn't part of a REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY good game, or clone material.

I guess he could be the ROB, and just show and piss everyone off. "We got Chibi Robo over Ridley!?" and then ROB laughes because no one is blaming him anymore.
ROB getting in over Ridley made sense. The ROB NES attachment was one of many factors that lead to Nintendo's overseas success. Few Nintendo characters have anything on that, especially Chibi Robo. Chibi Robo could be the greatest character ever made, but he has absolutely next to zero importance to Nintendo and next to zero support.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Don't know how that would work, but it would be broken as hell if Liz turned out to be a priest. Healing staffs in Smash will be broken, no doubt. And she couldn't fight then probably. Unless she uses magic. But tag teams like that really won't work so well in Smash.

Snorlax would be awesome man. Don't be hatin'.

:phone:
Could work like this- If chrome is the leader, he does all the A moves with his sword, except for smash attacks, he would team up with Liz to do smash attacks. By pressing down B Liz becomes leader and she does all the A moves, except the smash attacks, she would team up with chrome to do them. Regardless what leader, special moves and Final smash are the same.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Could work like this- If chrome is the leader, he does all the A moves with his sword, except for smash attacks, he would team up with Liz to do smash attacks. By pressing down B Liz becomes leader and she does all the A moves, except the smash attacks, she would team up with chrome to do them. Regardless what leader, special moves and Final smash are the same.

How about he does all A moves and she does all B moves? That would be unique.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thats way too weak. No way. Watch them be the weakest character in the game. I think it should just work like IC's meet Sheik/Zelda. Execpt for the partner not in use can only use the same type moves Nana can use.

I like Pichu's idea, but... it's tricky. What happens when one partner dies? They lose their B moves? Welcom to death.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Thats way too weak. No way. Watch them be the weakest character in the game. I think it should just work like IC's meet Sheik/Zelda. Execpt for the partner not in use can only use the same type moves Nana can use.

I like Pichu's idea, but... it's tricky. What happens when one partner dies? They lose their B moves? Welcom to death.
Nope, before I said that When one dies the other only loses their down B. I actually think this is semi possible, as in the new fire emblem game there will be teaming up to attack.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nope, before I said that When one dies the other only loses their down B. I actually think this is semi possible, as in the new fire emblem game there will be teaming up to attack.

Oh I like your idea... I dont know how I read it so wrong. Oh yeah, it's five in the morning.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Hmm...The thing with that set-up is that it would become trivial to desync the two, which might not be what you want. Why not give them both full movesets, but have one character's inputs outrange/be far more effective than the other's, with an appropriate amount of starting or end lag so that both attacks finish at the same time?

For example, how give Liz really weak or nonconventional attacks that are outranged by Chrome's more effective sword attacks? Like, Forward Tilt could have Chrome quickly slash forward with a laggy-ending strike while Liz takes a few more moments to make a flinching elbow shove with no end lag. Specials would be trickier to do, admittedly, and I wouldn't know if they should be more effective together ala Ice Climbers.

D

Deleted member

If Pieman0920 is returning, then welcome back! :)

I like the idea of a Chrome/Liz tag team. If we get a FE13 rep, this would be the best since it would represent the double team system present in that game and would make it very unique.

Also, I wish this music was eligible.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Considering Sakurai could not get an elaborate partner-based moveset working for Brawl, I doubt this will work.

Plus, Liz is merely a staff-user, she is not offense based. This is stupid thinking on this boards part simply on the grounds of wanting more females.

Oh, Kid Icarus Uprising has gone gold, which means Sakurai has finally completed all work on the game. He used his twitter update that hopefully he now gets some time to rest.

http://andriasang.com/comzpr/kid_icarus_uprising_gold/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Maan, I was going to say that. But anyway. I wonder how much rest... (-l,l-);;

Now this means that SSB4... finally is a real thing coming in.

I feel somehow more pumped than ever before I had in this whole thread. (-l[]l-);;;

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Yep. That means in February Sakurai will finally be working on Smash 4 and already be determining the first newcomers for the roster. Keep in mind that Sakurai determined much of Brawl's roster before the game even started development. We know Sakurai has said that he would not even begin to think of the roster until Uprising was complete, so now that it is complete, it now begins his decisions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Falcon suits the WTF character category much better than Ness in 64. Although I couldn't possibly know who Ness was due to no EU release on Earthbound, who would've ever expect Falcon to fight outside of his car? At first I thought he was a sort of comic character (mostly cause of his ending in SSB64).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Chrono: Technically we don't know enough about Liz to say that. Either way Sakurai doesn't always stay true to the games. Not to mention, in Gaiden at least, Healers could attack. But I do agree with you on everything else.

Still this news doesn't change anything until we get some better hints or actual game info. Other than the differences between versions and a pretty much confirmed retro character that is going to be revived for Smash we're still stuck where we were before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Chrono: Technically we don't know enough about Liz to say that. Either way Sakurai doesn't always stay true to the games. Not to mention, in Gaiden at least, Healers could attack. But I do agree with you on everything else.

Still this news doesn't change anything until we get some better hints or actual game info. Other than the differences between versions and a pretty much confirmed retro character that is going to be revived for Smash we're still stuck where we were before.
Liz could probably fight with magic. All healers learn magic after promotion anyway. And in RD, staff users could fight physically with it as well (had my Soren beat up about 4 swordmasters with it once, it was a glorious sight) but am kind of opposed to a Fire Emblem duo character.

D

Deleted member

@---: A retro revival character was never confirmed. Sakurai just said he "might" be planning it for Smash Bros.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Considering Sakurai could not get an elaborate partner-based moveset working for Brawl, I doubt this will work.

Plus, Liz is merely a staff-user, she is not offense based. This is stupid thinking on this boards part simply on the grounds of wanting more females.

Oh, Kid Icarus Uprising has gone gold, which means Sakurai has finally completed all work on the game. He used his twitter update that hopefully he now gets some time to rest.

Damn! Ya beat me to it!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Some Alternate Costumes for Smash 4:
Mario – Doctor Mario
Luigi – Mr. L
Peach – Shadow Queen
Bowser – Dry Bowser
Wario – Biker Outfit
Link – Skyloft Outfit
Zelda – Goddess Outfit
Sheik - Impa :troll:
Ganondorf – Demise
Toon Link – Outset Island Outfit
Kirby – Rainbow Kirby
Meta Knight – Galacta Knight
Pikachu - Raichu
I'll come up with others later.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sooo, this is where things finally take some new direction. No more talking about a game "which doesn't exist".

Maan.
Well Sakurai has not begun development on Smash 4 yet. All we heard is that he finished Uprising. We will probably hear from Sakurai in February that development on Smash 4 has started.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Some Alternate Costumes for Smash 4:
Mario – Doctor Mario
Luigi – Mr. L
Peach – Shadow Queen
Bowser – Dry Bowser
Wario – Biker Outfit
Link – Skyloft Outfit
Zelda – Goddess Outfit
Sheik - Impa :troll:
Ganondorf – Demise
Toon Link – Outset Island Outfit
Kirby – Rainbow Kirby
Meta Knight – Galacta Knight
Pikachu - Raichu
I'll come up with others later.
You know Sakurai is playing Skyward Sword now don't you? I think at this point Impa is more likely to appear than Sheik.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Except not only is Brawl being used as a base, but Sheik has been in twice.

Why remove a character when precident is completely done for varying physics engines AND like 90% of the work is already done for you?

Sheik is staying. Keeps costs low and keeps fans happier. Also, it opens up more people still since another generation of gamers has been exposed to OoT. Sheik IS a figure in gaming again.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder, if they said that Brawl's engine is gonna be used as a base, will they keep that engine, or evolve it? Because it might seem to get more worse than good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom