• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...As a person who works at Burger King, seeing a Fire Emblem promotion would be awesome.

Also, Black Knight for boss.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing that makes me wanna replay both PoR and RD pretty badly.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...As a person who works at Burger King, seeing a Fire Emblem promotion would be awesome.

Also, Black Knight for boss.
I don't think they could pay me enough to even consider working in a fast food place

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I like how because I disagree with you, I'm butthurt.

Whoever said all gens had stupid Pokemon is definitely right.
LOL Shortie I wasn't calling YOU butthurt at all, I was saying that I'M not one to get butthurt

I think you misunderstood me. I rarely ever call people "butthurt", anyway, 'cause I don't like assuming what other people's tone of text are on the Internet

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't give a **** if this is off-topic or not, I'm gonna say it anyway:

**** SOPA and PIPA in the ***. Seriously.

If you haven't signed the Google petition already, then GTFO and sign it now.

D

Deleted member

It's back.

So I have an idea. What would people think if you could be brunt due to fire? Not just attacked by it, but sustain damage for a short period of time. If you are seriously brunt by fire, you could receive up to 25% in damage.

D

Deleted member

Like in Pokemon? Pretty good idea actually, but is it possible for your entire body to be engulfed in flames?
It would not be possible for the character to be entirely engulfed in flame. Just enough to where you can move the character but there are fire around it. You are still able to walk and run as usual, though you'll take 2% per second (until it reaches 25%, which takes thirteen seconds). Once every three seconds, you are temporarily stun by the fire around you.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why not open that discussion to something more broad? Back when I was playing Final Fantasy XIII, I toyed a bit with the idea of a Saboteur character. This would mean that the character would deal damage primarily by inflicting status based attacks to hurt the opponent.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
It can work, but it'd have to be implemented very carefully, seeing as how a lot o moves are fire-based. A really small chance for all moves would be kind of stupid, but make it more frequent all the time and mario suddenly becomes "Trollface Fireball Man". If more damaging/hard to land fire moves had a higher chance of this, (basically, spammables having a lower rate than everything else, for example, Din's Fire burns more frequently than Mario's Fireball) then I can see it being a respectable game mechanic. If handled poorly, it's the new tripping in the eyes of players.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Like the idea. Notice all pokemon status affects except for confused are in smash. Confused should be a status effect. Would work like this- When confused, you-

A. Trip more often
B. 50% of the time your attacks (both special or normal) damage yourself
C. Have duckies circaling your head

Also, i want more characters that can do this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvsVLkuX99w

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So here are some of the abilities of the Saboteur class in Final Fantasy XIII. I'm just going to mention what their Smash adaption would be like and will only go over the ones that are applicable so things like Fog and Death aren't done.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Saboteur_(Final_Fantasy_XIII)

Deprotect - Multiplies the amount of damage and knockback on the next attack inflicted on the opponent by 10-20%.
Deshell - Inflicts shield damage, even if the opponent isn't shielding.
Poison - Inflicts initial damage and then additional damage is built up over time until the spell wears off.
Slow - Reduces running and jump speed. All other frame data is kept as is.
Daze - Puts the opponent in a dizzy state.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We're back. Bout time. I just sent 5 Emails today explaining the ****iness of the SOPA and PIPA to some eyes. They better read it.

So, conversation topic? I see we formed one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm against SOPA and PIPA myself.

Anyway, on-topic, I don't exactly like the idea of making fire-based attacks stronger by adding a burn effect. That would make attacks like Mario's Fireball more powerful than they should be.

yani

Smash Lord
@SSBF I like the status effect idea, poison should be one of them too.

Maybe a toxic barrel? The user may throw it and whoever is caught in the fire gets splashed with poison. idk

edit- Ivysaur could also get a poison attack

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If there's one thing I love in a game, it's good "Game Over" screens; it's something you REALLY see in a lot of older games

And yes, I brought that up 'cause I want some cool and unique "Game Over" screens in Smash

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You guys are in need of a topic and I expanded SSBf's topic. Why the hell are you guys asking for one when there is one?!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna be awesomely on-topic here and talk about the status condition mentioned earlier.

If the burn does 2% per second and stuns you every 3, isn't that a little bit OP?

Maybe stun at the end, or have the chance to burn be low, but being stunned every 6 seconds while burned seems like it might set you up for some very unfortunate...stuff. ..and be too much of an advantage for the other player(s)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If there's one thing I love in a game, it's good "Game Over" screens; it's something you REALLY see in a lot of older games

And yes, I brought that up 'cause I want some cool and unique "Game Over" screens in Smash
Most games that I play nowadays, I hardly get any "Game Overs". Of course, most "Game Over" screens that I've seen tend to be rather plain anyway.

D

Deleted member

KumaOso said:
Why not open that discussion to something more broad?
Probably because I wanted to get things started and this one immediately came to my mind.

@MrGame&Rock and Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: Well, the move would only be done when you receive a severe burn and lots of fire attacks on you. A simple fireball causing that much damage would make the game broken. Frequently being attacked by fire non-stop would cause burning or a very strong fire attack (like for example, being attacked by Ike's Great Aether's at full power would cause you to be on fire).
KumaOso said:
Deprotect - Multiplies the amount of damage and knockback on the next attack inflicted on the opponent by 10-20%.
Deshell - Inflicts shield damage, even if the opponent isn't shielding.
Poison - Inflicts initial damage and then additional damage is built up over time until the spell wears off.
Slow - Reduces running and jump speed. All other frame data is kept as is.
Daze - Puts the opponent in a dizzy state.
Ironically enough, the poison idea is quite similar to that of my fire idea. I'd like to see hat. The slow mechanic could also work out well along with Daze.

The Deprotect and Deshell idea is also decent, but I'm not sure how exactly that would occur on an opponent (meaning what has to happen to cause someone to be Deprotect/Deshell'd).
gannondorf4ever said:
If the burn does 2% per second and stuns you every 3, isn't that a little bit OP?
I think that the damage can be balanced if the burning period is short enough. I proposed a time of thirteen seconds with 2% every second. The overall damage you receive from the burn would be 25%.

But having thought about it, perhaps the stun is too frequent. Perhaps increase that to one every six seconds?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Is it weird that I've thought about Fossil Fighters being represented in some way in this game?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just love how, on some regular days, we go through like 20 pages, but the site goes down for 12 hours today and we go slow as molasses. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that I've thought about Fossil Fighters being represented in some way in this game?
Considering that you've brought it up a few times, not really. I'm not sure if it'll get anything outside of stickers, thought.

@TheFirstPoppyBro: I think the thread will improve with less activity. Last thing we need is more flame wars and personal attacks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It'll probably get some music, trophies, and stickers.

Heck, I've already put some music from the series in a few of my stage concepts. :)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Considering that you've brought it up a few times, not really. I'm not sure if it'll get anything outside of stickers, thought.

@TheFirstPoppyBro: I think the thread will improve with less activity. Last thing we need is more flame wars and personal attacks.
..I think that was the first time I brought it up if I brought it up before I apologize.

And I think that Sakurai may have started brainstorming ideas I don't think the game has started development yet I don't see that happening until February or maybe March at the latest. Anyway shoot its 10:22 already I'm off to bed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

That IS true...
I think Fossil Fighters will get at least a few trophies.

@Metal: You should be glad to know that I signed the petition. They're just TRYING to tear everything down, aren't they...? :glare: Stupid government...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For Deprotect and Deshell, I think something simple like sparkles or something in the 3D Pokemon games where you have a circle/wave going down on them would get the job done. In the air for Deshell, I think it should cause a helpless state for when the shield would otherwise be broken.

The thing with Poison, as opposed to your burn idea is that the the effect is consistent. I would prefer this more simply because I like consistency in my attack properties. I think the stunning on burn can potential be OP. I think breaking that into Poison and Deshell is more balanced.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No, we need MORE flame wars and personal attacks 'cause if this thread gets closed, then the 3DS thread won't be as much of a barren wasteland as it is now

So let's start insulting everyone's mothers so that the 3DS thread can get some love again

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Metal stfu noob.
Am I doing it right?

I don't think there should be one sabutour character but I would like to see bowser, charizard, and toon link with fire arrows inflict continuous fire damage. As well as ivy, and a few others do poison damage.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In all honesty, and I'm being sinserious here, they should have made ONE Sm4sh thread. We talk about the 3DS version all the time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom