• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sakurai likes being generic with his answers.
Toad and Bandana Dee confirmed. :troll:

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So... we're supposed to be getting NEW information on the Wii U before E3 2012 and of course during E3. Not only that, the console is still releasing this year

THANK JEBUS

@Rosalina- Apparently we still have PIPA to worry about, which has gotten further along than even SOPA ever did...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What about mobile trophies? Like Smash 64's Profiles, but as a trophy? Just for fighters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like how Melee had a Gamecube trophy

I'd like to see a trophy for each system/ handheld :awesome:
Cubeception

@Shurikan
Can you repost some of your ideas or at least link them to me. I was so tired and sore yesterday that I didn't have the energy to look at them.

On another topic, what do you guys think of command normals? These are normals that have inputs outside of the normal commands. For example, doing down-forward tilt A could give Ness a yo-yo poke.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kuma- I'd like that a lot actually.

Like how Melee had a Gamecube trophy

I'd like to see a trophy for each system/ handheld :awesome:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I LOVED THAT about Melee! Better yet, they should have in-game trophy renditions of EVERY Nintendo console (ok, maybe not the Virtua Boy, but still)

IIRC, Luigi's Target Smash stage in Melee had a small GameCube in the center of the stage too, and MK: DD had the GCN as a stage too

yani

Smash Lord
It was the stage :troll:

It's technically both actually, so you still win :laugh:

@Metal MK:DD did have a GC stage, and I believe MKDS had a DS stage as well :awesome:

I don't think I ever noticed the GC in Luigi's target stage, I'm gonna Youtube it

edit- Yes it did! I completely forgot..

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of Mario Kart stages, I want more stuff like Tilt-A-Kart.
@yani: Then why wasn't it called Flat Zone? :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think it'll stay, but it'll be expanded on a lot more, with more backgrounds to choose from, ability to use them in online custom/private matches, some more tools to play with, etc.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It wouldn't be hard to implement either, save for looping issues.

Speaking of which, what do you think will happen to Stage Builder? On one hand, it's an awesome creativity tool. On the other, Gecko OS... Sakuri is dissapoint.
They'll either improve on it or get rid of it in my eyes. I made 3 stages with that thing, and I'm planning on making 9 more(one for each veteran), but it's so irritating, most times I just don't want to.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
More platforms with edges, potential walk-off shenanigans, jump-but-not-fall-through platforms, something the stairs can lead to... expansion of the stage builder has potential for epicness. I hope it stays, I really do...

if only for Gecko OS hacks...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yes. If I make an ice stage, let it be an ice stage with a ledge! Tethers are not a sin!
Mmhmm. That's my only concern with the Summit stage. Not even the fish is a problem(it's freakin' hilarious).

yani

Smash Lord
Was playing on Summit this morning. I avoided getting eaten but I kept getting tail whipped >:(

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll be announcing something a little new now. WiFiers, listen too.

My new mains go from Wolf>Lucario. I only use them now, and I'm better with Wolf, for some reason ._. Forgive me, Lucario!

(That does not mean I suck with Lucario T3T It only means I'll kick ur @$$ faster with Wolf :troll:)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No matter how hard I try to avoid it, that fish STILL always finds a way to gobble my *** up. lol
That's why you aren't supposed to go into the water. :troll:

But you can't deny that it's funny to see someone else get eaten(whether it be the fish or the Bulborb).

Come on nao, people. It's been more than an hour. Don't make me say something really stupid to keep it going.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Speaking of which, what do you think will happen to Stage Builder? On one hand, it's an awesome creativity tool. On the other, Gecko OS... Sakuri is dissapoint.
I would like to see it return, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't. I don't think I made more than, like, five stages since launch since I was never that interested in it.

It would be nice to bring it back with improved/added content though, like changing the background or coloring the blocks, something like that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Other than Bandana Dee, another perfect playable Kirby representative is Dark Matter. He was the main antagonist of Kirby's Dreamland 2, 3, and 64 and was a true example of a villian unlike Dedede. It would be rather unique character for being a mixture between a swordsman and darkness user and the second genderless fighter. His abilities include possession, sword beams, teleporting, shooting dark matter clouds, black thunder, and sword rushing. It is the 5th most important and reoccurring character in the Kirby franchise. It was considered one of the hardest Kirby bosses in history and was considered the best thing that happened in the series. Even though it was created by a different director, there are some hints that Sakurai may have a soft spot for it. It reappeared in Kirby Canvase Curse, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and Kirby Mass Attack for the purpose of pleasing the classic fanbase. Most of his own villianous creations (Drawcia, Dark Mind, Magolor, ect.) are simialr to it in terms of attacks and appearances in all forms. Also it's master's (0) Zero Theme was in Brawl, as well as its heroic sibling's (Gooey) appearance as a trophy (Melee) and a sticker (Brawl). It may not be as popular as Nightmare or Marx, but is relavent to Kirby and has equal amount of chance as Bandana Dee. It does have a few supporters right at this moment unlike dying ones like Adeleine and Nightmare.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, it's funny. I think I came up with my username because I used to support Poppy Bro as a 4th Kirby rep because some people wanted Bomberman and others wanted a fourth Kirby rep. I said, "Hey... why not combine them?"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like Hudson will be closing down:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34340786#post34340786

They were bought out by Konami last year, and it looks like that will shut down completely on March 1st.

This is a very sad moment for gaming. For those who don't know, they were the developers of Bomberman (and various other series such as Star Soldier, Bloody Roar, Adventure Island, Bonk).

How this relates to Smash Bros. is that this pretty much ends the dreams of those that wanted to see Bomberman in Smash Bros.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Looks like Hudson will be closing down:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34340786#post34340786

They were bought out by Konami last year, and it looks like that will shut down completely on March 1st.

This is a very sad moment for gaming. For those who don't know, they were the developers of Bomberman (and various other series such as Star Soldier, Bloody Roar, Adventure Island, Bonk).

How this relates to Smash Bros. is that this pretty much ends the dreams of those that wanted to see Bomberman in Smash Bros.
Doesn't Hudson make Mario Party, too?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hudson used to make it. Many of the people that developed the Mario Party games at Hudson jumped ship to Nd Cube (a Nintendo owned studio). Nd Cube developed Wii Party, and is now developing Mario Party 9.
Ah, well at least someone knows what they're doing over there. Now if only some of Rare's developers(along with Grant Kirkhope) had done the same.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ah, well at least someone knows what they're doing over there. Now if only some of Rare's developers(along with Grant Kirkhope) had done the same.

Grant Kirkhope left a while ago.

So, who else do we have as a reasonable choice? Off the top of my head:

Megaman
Pac-Man
Ryu
Rayman
Simon Belmont
Geno
Slime
Travis Touchdown

Feel free to add on to this.

D

Deleted member

They were the only thing that made WiiWare remotely noticeable to me. Now that they're gone, it is a sad day in Nintendo history.

Good bye forever, Hudson. Along with it, any chance of it coming to Smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Still, Banjo-Tooie had one of the best soundtracks ever. IMO, it still holds up to today's standards.
I HIGHLY agree. I was implying that it'd be easier to get him since he's not composing for Rare.

One of my favorite N64 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom