• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Arc, here's the Nook moveset I mentioned earlier. Another trait I didn't mention is that Nook can slow down his falling speed by spinning his tail like a helicopter. It would basically be a mix of the glide and Peach's float.

[COLLAPSE="Nook Moveset"]
B: Furniture Placing
Nook places a leaf on the ground and when you press B again, the leaf explodes into furniture. In the air, the leafs drops slowly, giving Nook an invaluable tool for controlling the air. The main power from this attack comes at the explosion of the leaf. If the leaf explodes in the air, the furniture acts like a weaker version of Kirby's Stone. The furniture disappears when the transformation is completed or lands on the ground.

Side B: Bug Catching
Swings a net over his head just like in Animal Crossing. If he catches someone, he'll do an animation exactly like when you catch a bug. Instead of holding the opponent though, he tosses them up in the air for a juggle. Useful as an anti-air.

Down B: Tree Planting
Nook takes a random fruit and buries it in the ground. Then, a little bud is formed at the spot. If the opponent is within the plant's range, a tree will immediately shoot out of the ground, hitting the opponent and three fruits will land on the ground. These can be used as throwing items. Once grown, the tree disappears. Which fruit is buried is irrelevant as they all have the same properties.

Up B: Fishing
Nook tries to fish, but the casting line and hook are behind him and his apron is grabbed, sending him flying at an angle similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch, making him a tanuki projectile. One of Nook's best kill moves.

Playstyle: Nook is all about controlling the stage to his advantage. Using his tree planting and leaves, he can keep aggressive players from coming in while he comes in safely for damaging combos and he needs these tools as the range on his attacks are very poor. [/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Muddy Mole Moveset"]
B: Iron Ball
Pulls out an iron ball. This has the weight of a barrel or crate and can be picked up by anyone. Muddy Mole is unique with him being able to press B on the item as well and enter a grab state similar to the one in his game. Press forward and you throw the item higher than you would a barrel. Press backward and you do a suplex that turns the ball into an anti-air with an arc. This is ideal for edgeguarding.

Side B: Dig Forward
Digs a hole in the ground and digs forward. Press B while going forward to to launch out. This is to counter projectiles while being on the offensive. While digging forward, you have the ability to time when you come out. There is a predefined max range and pressing B while digging forward will have you jump out and you can go into an aerial or double jump right from there. If you can predict your opponent, use this to counter his/her dodge rolling patterns.

Down B: Dig - This is the center of Muddle Mole's playstyle.
Dig a whole in the ground, but this will not work on platforms where you can go under (like Battlefield's platforms). With this hole, you have the following options:

Down B where the hole is and you can go into the hole. From there, you can use this to dodge ground attacks and projectiles, but this state is vulnerable to aerial attacks (think something like Link's DAir). You also have access to a stronger version of your Up B that goes straight up and comes up quick, but a well spaced and active aerial will stuff it.

You can set up to two holes at any given time. If you try to dig a third one, the first one will disappear.

Despite the defensive uses, this is a strong zoning tool. If your opponent walks over the hole, he'll fall into a pitfall like state. This is key as this is where you start your combos or perform K.O. moves. If the opponent jumps over it, a lettuce ball will shoot out and hit the opponent for minimum knockback.

If you Down B in the air, Muddle Mole goes into a downward drill state that keeps going until he lands and makes a new hole. If you do this next an opponent in the air, you'll enter a command grab state with both of you drilling into the ground. Both versions of this attack goes through transparent platforms like the aforementioned BF platforms.

If you're already in the hole, you can do Side B and have a significantly reduced startup time on it.

Up B:
Mole Drill
Works essentially like Wario's Up B.[/COLLAPSE]

You know Sakurai also got Ocarina of Time 3D, right?

And Star Fox 64 3D.
You fail at catching my jokes.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Boy, simply being a consumer has a severe influence on one's bias.

Toise confirmed.

ChronoBound said:
Sorry I was getting my sarcasm detector fixed at the shop today.
Weeeeeeaaaaaaak, somebody hire a jewish comic, this guy needs help with his material.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now for another character to be debated about. This is Dark Matter, the secondary reoccurring antagonist of the Kirby franchise. He would be a rather interesting choice for Smash due to his popularity, uniqueness, and moveset potential. He should have some competition with Bandana Dee as a likely Kirby rep, but was overshadowed by Nightmare in the pre-Brawl days. Before people who played Mass Attack say that he's too big, he was Dedede's size in the older games.

Pros: Appeared in 4 games
Darkness User/Swordsman
A major fanbase in the Kirby community
2nd reoccurring Kirby villain
True Dark Matter form as Final Smash

Cons: Was created by another director than Sakurai
Most people remember him for being a cyclopean blob
Was a debatable choice in the Smash Fanbase due to obscurity
Several people want Zero 2 as the Final Smash, which is controversial

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is also in OoT, as Sheik's tutor. Don't think this'll go unnoticed.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ninty used to have the best commercials. Y'all remember the one for Smash 64?

I would die happy if we got another awesome commercial like that for a Smash game

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim's inclusion would only increase Impa's chances so I'm cool with him

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What a wishy washy subject character speculation has become.

There is absolutely no series that ya'll can have unanymous accord over, can you?

None.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim is awesome, M&S Guy

*in my best dcigs/Siggas impression*

Y U HATIN'?
WALK WITH MAH **** I'MMA WALK WITH MAH ****. JIGGLE WITH MAH **** I'MMA JUGGLE WITH MAH ****. :laugh:

Impa definitely is a woman in SS, agreed that I had my doubts first seeing her in OoT, but by far not as bad as Sheik

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa > Ghirahim cause of reappearances and ****. You know you like her

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What a wishy washy subject character speculation has become.

There is absolutely no series that ya'll can have unanymous accord over, can you?

None.
Yes, we can. The Game and Watch series. :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, that's because Brawl pretty much covered most of the bases with its roster (except for Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool), so at this point, most of the choices are spread out/not unanimous 'cause we have a little more room for "smaller" or more "fan-favorite" characters, which, of course is a pretty broad spectrum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom