• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What is with your aversion to Ghirahim? Yes, he's an eccentric character, but you seem to want to jump out of your skin whenever his name is mentioned.
He's pretty much a heavily overrated character. My only support for Ghirahim is as an Assist Trophy, and that's pretty much his best chance at being represented. If not that, then a trophy cameo, just like what happened to Midna and Zant.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, that's because Brawl pretty much covered most of the bases with its roster (except for Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool), so at this point, most of the choices are spread out/not unanimous 'cause we have a little more room for "smaller" or more "fan-favorite" characters, which, of course is a pretty broad spectrum...
Yep Brawl pretty much added most of the consensus characters. That is why I am so curious to see what Sakurai picks as his first newcomers for Smash 4.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well, that's because Brawl pretty much covered most of the bases with its roster (except for Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool), so at this point, most of the choices are spread out/not unanimous 'cause we have a little more room for "smaller" or more "fan-favorite" characters, which, of course is a pretty broad spectrum...
I hear your insight, honest

It seems perhaps this realm has no possibility of evolving since it has been dead set on character picks, and the bickering over such day in and day out.

This group may as well migrate over to an instant chat room; no one who's thirsty for insight can drop by and garner anything valuable from the vast vaccum of numbing idiocy that this thread has produced.

There is no subject.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy; said:
He's pretty much a heavily overrated character. My only support for Ghirahim is as an Assist Trophy, and that's pretty much his best chance at being represented.
See my point? Folks hardly know how to make credible arguments anymore. Something that has deprived me of confidence around here for quite some time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hear your insight, honest

It seems perhaps this realm has no possibility of evolving since it has been dead set on character picks, and the bickering over such day in and day out.

This group may as well migrate over to an instant chat room; no one who's thirsty for insight can drop by and garner anything valuable from the vast vaccum of numbing idiocy that this thread has produced.

There is no subject.
Exactly. That's why it's so great. :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The attention span of anything that are not character debates are comparable to a slug.

Instant chatting would better for this thread tbh, I think the chat actually probably see more productivity so you *****s could air out a bit.

There are legit basis for arguments in this thread?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, it looks like my little tidbit went the direction I expected it too. Cannot say I am surprised.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I just wish they would've waited until this year to announce the games, it's great to know that another Smash is coming, but it just makes the wait that much longer

Hell, we don't even know much about one of the consoles it's supposed to be on

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IMPA 4 SMASH WHOOOOO!!!

Well yeah anyway, what's there left to discuss? I always like movesets, revamping, gameplay differences and **** like that...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want to see a petition for Impa in Sm4sh with 1000 signatures all saying "Diddy Kong Diddy Kong Diddy Kong Diddykongdiddykongdiddykongdiddykongdiddykong........

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well there's always the handicap system that Group Mode uses. I mentioned that there should be two different types of handicaps; Power and Damage.

The Power Handicap is Melee's handicap system; the Damage Handicap is Brawl's handicap system.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, it looks like my little tidbit went the direction I expected it too. Cannot say I am surprised.
I think it's finally sinking in to everyone that it'll be a pretty lengthy time before any real news is revealed, so at this point, with the initial hype of the announcement all but faded away, we're like vultures scavenging the internet for any scraps of info even remotely related to Smash

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its not my intent to shut you down, but I have the urge to ask why you feel compeled to say things like this

Do you want a medal for having a theory or something?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd rather see him than another fail installment of :ganondorf:
Give Ganondorf a sword, and let Black Shadow wield Ganondorf's Brawl moveset. That's how I'd answer this matter.

Besides, Ganondorf shouldn't even be a Captain Falcon clone. Black Shadow makes more sense, considering that he is Captain Falcon's greatest enemy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Give Ganondorf a sword, and let Black Shadow wield Ganondorf's Brawl moveset. That's how I'd answer this matter.

Besides, Ganondorf shouldn't even be a Captain Falcon clone. Black Shadow makes more sense, considering that he is Captain Falcon's greatest enemy.
Why introduce a completely new character only to have him serve the exact same purpose that someone else already in Smash serves. Why not just revamp Ganondorf and get rid of his Brawl moveset altogether, instead of forcing a new character to inherit an established (crappy) moveset?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Excel said:
I'd rather see him than another fail installment of :ganondorf:
When will that come about? Its as if they tried to patch a mistake with another mistake. Time for a rethink.

Seems our only resolution is to have another slot to inherit a character, which would be inherently lazy by itself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kid Icarus Uprising is probably are best bet when it comes to speculating about content that will be in Smash 4. Music, Assist Trophies, Stages, Items, and Newcomers will hail from that game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see one or the other leaving (Sonic or Snake). I think that either both will leave or both will stay
Oops, forgot to reply to this. Uhm, I think both of them being added have nothing to do with one another, so I can see one coming back, but the other not. (I don't see WHY he would do that though)

Try Ridley vs. Krystal. Two of the most controversial characters in speculation.
It's only controversial because people are either stupid, or hate them.

I just remembered something. Back during 1996, I remember reading Nintendo Power and I saw the preview for Mario Kart 64. I remembered being so sad that they did not bring back Koopa Troopa (the character I used for the original Mario Kart). Anyway, I saw that they were going to put Wario and Magikoopa in the place of Donkey Kong Jr. and Koopa Troopa. I was looking forward to playing as Magikoopa since I really liked Yoshi's Island.

However, when the game came out, Donkey Kong was in it instead of Magikoopa, which made me quite disappointed.

So yeah, Brawl was not the first time I have gotten disappointed through cuts. Fortunately though, Koopa Troopa was eventually brought back.
Fun fact: E. Gadd, Hammer Bro, Para Troopa and Petey Piranha were all planned for Mario Karts at one point. (E. Gadd for DS, and the other three for Wii)

So why is it that a one-off character is considered unlikely? Mother****ing Sheik is a one-time character. Oh, but let me guess, you guys are going to justify that it's because he/she/Poison is a part of Zelda.

A character being one-time or not is not an issue at all. Last I checked, that was never part of the criteria.
The first line of this quote is the legitimate reason why Sheik was added. As for the second line, I wouldn't hold my breath. (Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, all in before Midna)

For what it is worth it appears that Sakurai is playing through Skyward Sword at this time.
Ghirahim confirmed. Because everything Sakurai does pertains to Smash. He owns cats, Meowth confirmed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it's finally sinking in to everyone that it'll be a pretty lengthy time before any real news is revealed, so at this point, with the initial hype of the announcement all but faded away, we're like vultures scavenging the internet for any scraps of info even remotely related to Smash
Yeah the Smash 4 hype really loses its touch when there's nothing new to discuss.

Why introduce a completely new character only to have him serve the exact same purpose that someone else already in Smash serves. Why not just revamp Ganondorf and get rid of his Brawl moveset altogether, instead of forcing a new character to inherit an established (crappy) moveset?
I just pretty much saw Black Shadow being a more logical choice for a Captain Falcon clone.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How about a Mario Party game as good as the first four

EDIT: Goomba's Roulette as a Mario Party stage, anyone?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv I loved Mario Party 4 and 3

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario Party was never really good.

Fun fact: when I was a kid, I used my pocket money to buy Mario Party for the N64. After playing it a little I quickly changed my mind and the next day I traded it in for Super Smash Bros. Best decision game-wise I ever made.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Not happening because Hudson is dead =[.

@shortie
Petey and paratroopa were in double dash iirc

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Fun fact: E. Gadd, Hammer Bro, Para Troopa and Petey Piranha were all planned for Mario Karts at one point. (E. Gadd for DS, and the other three for Wii)
Para Troopa and Petey Pirahna were in Double Dash, and were planned to return in Mario Kart Wii. Heck, I believe there is character selection portraits for Hammer Bro, Para Trooper, and Petey Pirahna that someone managed to dig up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just the store where I brought it. I dunno no more I was like 9 or something?

Petey Piranha's exclusion from Mario Kart Wii was the best thing ever. Worst thing ever being Baby Daisy. Da **** was that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

First 5. 6 is when it started to go down in quality. 5 atleast had good stuff to it, like a fun battle mode. 6 was too easy, 7 completely changed the boards around, killing the tried and true formula, and 8 only added some controls. Not counting characters, since they all play exactly the same.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong was first playable, and had some boards dedicated to him. Now he's just PART of the board. :/ I'd rather have him not appear at all than that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eventually Nintendo will run out of ideas and do that probably.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
If Snake returns, his codecs obviously will too. To keep it from being predictable when doing codecs on veterans, perhaps they can have a different person talk to Snake instead of the same guy. Examples: Otacon speaking about Wario instead of Colonel, Mei Ling on Yoshi instead of Otacon, and Colonel on Lucas instead of Mei Ling. It should also go without saying that there should be new info on the characters as well.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
this was an idea i had that i HOPE sakurai's team would do for ssb4

srry i made this in a seprate thread intending to make it into its own "ideas thread" but was told to post in this thread

now I shall begin my idea. It is a new concept for ssb.

SPECIAL MOVESET CUSTOMIZATION
The idea is to be able to unlock new special moves for a character and be able to switch a new move with an existing one.

for example:

Pikachu's special sideways is "skull bash" thats great and all but i want a special move for close range. Lets say i used pikachu a few times and have unlocked a new move for the special sideways. lets say the new move is "Iron Tail".

*first i go to customize...
*then go to pikachu within the character roster menu...
*then select which special move i want to customize EX: special up, sideways, and down.

*then select which move you want to replace the current one with. In this case i want to select "Iron Tail" to switch with "Skull Bash"

* simply comfirm thats what you want to do and bam! sideways special is now iron tail.

This new concept can be great and if done right by the ssb development team then this MAY fix the issue regarding balance. as diffrent moves changes the idea of character matchups.

this concept can leave players months with something to do (as Mr. Sakurai said himself he wanted some sort of lv up and experiance points ) well with this it can be accomplished.

by the way i left out plain special(no direction) because i think all characters should keep their plain special move.

sigh....actualy i just forgot lol

hows that?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom