• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you really just want to rep puzzles, why not Muddy Mole? Mole Mania is a puzzle adventure game.

But on a serious note, Muddy wouldn't get in only for being a puzzle rep. He'd be a RETRO puzzle-rep.:awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For what it is worth it appears that Sakurai is playing through Skyward Sword at this time.
*gasp*

So, Sakurai is going to get some ideas from the game... maybe Ghirahim, Impa, and/or Demise... a new stage, perhaps?

I do wonder what's going through Sakurai's head when he sees Ghirahim's memetic tantrum and his tongue. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If you really just want to rep puzzles, why not Muddy Mole? Mole Mania is a puzzle adventure game.

But on a serious note, Muddy wouldn't get in only for being a puzzle rep. He'd be a RETRO puzzle-rep.:awesome:
I actually would like that. I hope Mole Mania comes out on the 3DS Virtual Console soon... I would like to play it again.

D

Deleted member

"ChronoBound said:
I am just worried that they are going to do the revamp with Smash 4, considering that the Japanese themselves are worried about lots of cuts this time around.
If they were to do that, I would think twice about buying the game. There's no point in doing this when we still have plenty of potential candidates left. So I'm hoping the revamp waits.
It goes both ways.

Keep an old character, keep a new character out.

Cut an old character, add a new character.
If we have a roster of 47-49 slots, we could see anywhere between 10-14 newcomers with no cuts (facotoring in if Mewtwo and/or Roy do return).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually would like that. I hope Mole Mania comes out on the 3DS Virtual Console soon... I would like to play it again.
I know! Mole Mania on the Virtual Console would push me to buy a 3DS already. I've never played it, but from what I've seen, I absolutely love it. By the way, did you see my Mole Mania Stage Concept and Muddy Moveset, Arcadenik?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't remember seeing it... but I already have some idea what he could do... he's pretty strong for a mole... he can kick and suplex those iron balls... and dig underground. I already have an idea for his Final Smash... burrowing underground to get away from the sun boss (Sundes) as it goes supernova. I also picture his stage would take place on a cabbage patch... a farm with barrels and statues of the evil farmer (Jinbe). His world symbol would be the lettuce.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, so it was you who gave me the Final Smash Idea, haha. I couldn't remember who it was.

Anyway, here it is.

Muddy Mole

A: Right Claw Swipe 2%
AA: Left Claw Swipe 3%
AAA: Alternating claw barrage. 2% per hit
A Side: Muddy does a small punch. Can be performed in quick succession. 8%
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up. 12%
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet. 14%
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward. 13%

Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt. 18%
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.22%
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides. 20%

Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage. 5%
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair. 4%
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair. 7%
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc. 4%
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash. 9%

Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso. 4%
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him. 10%
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario. 8%
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward. 15%
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process. 12%

His Neutral B would be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole. It does 15% when pushed forward with no charge, 22% when charged. Going backwards, it does 20% uncharged, and 30% when charged.

His Side B will be the Bomb Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However, it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a bomb that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the bomb to ram opponents. It then explodes. Can be a decent horizontal recovery. 15%

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's. 16% with the corkscrew, 10% if the cabbage hits you.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage (50%) and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Taunts: Up: He adjusts his sunglasses with a shine and smiles. (With the clichéd *ding* sound of course)
Down: He digs a small hole and pulls out a small cabbage. He proceeds to eat it.
Side: He holds out his paw and extends his claws.

Costumes: Red: Normal color
Blue: Blue neckerchief
Green: Green Neckerchief
Others: Pink, yellow, and black neckerchiefs.

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a pair of shades and a handkerchief.

Codec Conversation: Snake: Colonel, who's the mole wearing sunglasses?
Colonel: That's Muddy Mole, Snake.
Snake: Never heard of him. He's probably no big threat.
Colonel: Be careful, Snake, Muddy here can do something that no one else here can do. He'll dig right beneath you and hit you from the other side.
Snake: That's pretty cheap, wouldn't you say?
Colonel: Coming from the man who's fighting a mole, while using a ton of explosives...just make sure to watch out, Snake.
Snake: What else is there to watch for?
Colonel: Besides digging, Muddy can also launch giant iron balls. And bombs, too.
Snake: ...Ugh.

Playstyle: Basically, Muddy Mole is your trap user to the extreme. Block off certain spots with the Iron Ball, dig underneath it, and hit the foes on the other side is a pretty good tactic. If time is running out on it, throw it for good damage. Being a mole, Muddy is best on the ground, of course. Many of his smashes and throws are powerful. That being said, if you’re playing Muddy in the air for any reason other than recovery, you’re using him wrong. Muddy is just plain bad in the air. Low fall speed, bad aerials, and semi-lightweight an aerial fighter does not make. All in all, Muddy is an interesting character to play as, and will leave the opponents guessing as to which move he’ll use next.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem: Kakusei (Krom's game) is going to be the first Nintendo title to feature DLC.

Does that bode well for Sm4sh in terms of DLC? (Not talking about Krom)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's the stage, Arcadenik.

Okay, here goes my first promised attempt at a stage concept:

That's right, a Mole Mania stage for none other than Muddy Mole.

Stage Name: Jinbe's Farm
Stage Icon: A cabbage.

Layout:

__u__-----____J____-----__u__
.........l_______________l.........

Basically, it is a simple stage with walk off edges. Overall, the stage would showcase the Wii U's graphical capabilities, as the foliage, trees, and rolling hills in the background would be in an high definition autumnal setting. Based on my poorly shown layout, the top row of underscores are the basic ground of the stage. However, if you break the plots of tilled land (marked as ---s) then an underground path opens up, connecting the two plots.

Jinbe (Marked as J) realizes what happened after a period of time, and comes to the foreground to fix the plots. If you get in his way, you get minor damage from his hoe.

Cabbages, marked as "u", can be hit with a smash attack to uproot them. If you push them underground, they explode, leaving behind a healing item. This is a reference to Mole Mania's gameplay. This angers Jinbe, who comes to the foreground and chases whoever hurt the cabbage with his hoe. If he hits you, you take 20% damage and a bit of knockback. Jinbe can be defeated pretty easily, however. When defeated, he angrily returns to the background and starts to tend to his other crops in the background.

Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GFp23dF6I Mole Mania - Title Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yf3g_THRw Mole Mania - Forest Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80dmIbJhX0 Mole Mania - Beach Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTWVfN7ma0 Mole Mania - Snow Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlc43JuTdCk Mole Mania - Pipe Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDFstihFZY Mole Mania - Boss Battle Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTMW0XPZM1g Mole Mania - Final Boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShfrlIQ6mA Mole Mania - Credits Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYr0MYUaF-0 Mario Kart Wii - Moo Moo Meadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUoswjz79lo Wii Play - Charge! (SSBB Version)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I remember KumaOso and I used to discuss a bit about Muddy Mole and we thought he would be good as a trap-based character. To make up for his poor aerial game, he's a beast on the ground... he lays the traps on the ground by burrowing underground to create traps... when I say traps, I meant the traps like the Pitfall item... yeah, I think it would be great for Muddy to trap them so he can run in and finish them off with smash attacks.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I remember KumaOso and I used to discuss a bit about Muddy Mole and we thought he would be good as a trap-based character. To make up for his poor aerial game, he's a beast on the ground... he lays the traps on the ground by burrowing underground to create traps... when I say traps, I meant the traps like the Pitfall item... yeah, I think it would be great for Muddy to trap them so he can run in and finish them off with smash attacks.
if there's a story mode, snake gets to take him in as his student. just saying.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai playing through Skyward Sword is really good for Ghirahim (and Impa) since it gets to experience these characters like how a gamer would instead of getting a feel for them indirectly (possibly by watching a video of them in action or being given information about them by the developer).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nah... Bowser's Castle is where it's at. Bowser statues breathing fireballs from the background like in Mario Kart: Double Dash, Thwomps on the bridge, Chain Chomps (they don't attack) hanging down from the ceiling and holding the chandeliers (they are fall-through platforms) like in Super Mario RPG. Podoboos (fireballs with eyes) leaping out from the lava pit below.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai playing through Skyward Sword is really good for Ghirahim (and Impa) since it gets to experience these characters like how a gamer would instead of getting a feel for them indirectly (possibly by watching a video of them in action or being given information about them by the developer).
I wish Sakurai is playing one of Tingle's games. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just wish he does this to every game he's gonna represent as characters out there. Mainly Starfy, if his bias is still aganst him as rumored.

:phone:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Just wish he does this to every game he's gonna represent as characters out there. Mainly Starfy, if his bias is still aganst him as rumored.

If he still hates Starfy, I sincere;y hope he doesn't put the poor guy in SSB4 as a playable character. He'd be a total joke character. We don't want joke characters...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If he still hates Starfy, I sincere;y hope he doesn't put the poor guy in SSB4 as a playable character. He'd be a total joke character. We don't want joke characters...
Well, I rather have an original joke character (Starfy) than a joke character who is a clone (Pichu).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd still play as Starfy, he'd be the "little kid" of the crew. I played as Pichu SO MUCH due that reason. Cue him winning, I was happy every damning time.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I highly doubt Sakuri would put in a joke clone like Pichu again. One of the advantages of working off of Brawl is the lack of true clones. And either way, I'd rather have a decent original character (or decent semi clone) than an original joke character.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd rather have starfy in, even as a joke character, just on principle. Starfy absolutely needs to be in SSB4. And h won't be a clone, so it won't be nother Pichu. Also, I read somewhere that Sakurai regretted putting Pichu in as a joke character. So, thats not likely to happen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So would he put in Starfy at all, if not as a joke character? But we don't even know if it's true that he hates Starfy.
(Why he would, actually. Just because he reminds him of his own creation? That guy stoops freaking low indeed)

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
But if Sakuri decides he likes Starfy all of a sudden... I'd love to have him in. As it is, though, I'd rather see, for example, another Metroid character or perhaps a new character from KI: Uprising if one exists.

D

Deleted member

Starfy does not NEED to be in.
No one really NEEDS to be in. Except maybe Ridley and K. Rool, but that's because they're established villains of big series.

EDIT: But even then, the only ones that NEED to be in Sm4sh are the Original 12.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't forget that Starly's trophy is classified Fighter Related. Starfy is the only franchise without a playable character to have a trophy in the Fighter Related category. I find that suspicious... maybe Starfy was planned to be playable at one point but got demoted to Assist Trophy. It would explain why Starfy is the only Assist Trophy we can attack.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So would he put in Starfy at all, if not as a joke character? But we don't even know if it's true that he hates Starfy.
(Why he would, actually. Just because he reminds him of his own creation? That guy stoops freaking low indeed)

The only thing similar is appearance anyway. Spinning equals swallowing not. Starfy also can't float indefinitely. Kirby doesn't have anyone like Moe. Kirby isn't based in the water most of the time. The only similarity is appearance, and even THEN, Starfy and Kirby only look similar when comparing faces.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget that Starly's trophy is classified Fighter Related. Starfy is the only franchise without a playable character to have a trophy in the Fighter Related category. I find that suspicious... maybe Starfy was planned to be playable at one point but got demoted to Assist Trophy. It would explain why Starfy is the only Assist Trophy we can attack.
Could've been an error. Like how K. Rool's trophy refers to Kaptain K. Rool as King K. Rool's brother.
And like how the various Animal Crossing characters that appear on Smashville don't appear in the Stage category, but in the Other category.
Same with how F.L.U.D.D. and the Poltergust weren't in Fighter Related but in Other as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well there was an entire series of music removed, so there is a possibility.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What if Starfy was the one removed due to mysterious "legal reasons," and out of spite, Sakurai made Starfy the only Assist Trophy that can be attacked. :troll:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
On the subject of starfy, Heres my starfy moveset.
Pros:
Very Good combo potential.
Excellent aerial game plus gliding.
Cons:
Poor Ground speed for a combo oriented character. Still relatively fast though, but not like fox.
Weak attacks.
Smash attacks have poor knockback. His only really effective kill move is the shooting star, his down b, which when used in the air, brings him down to the ground, where he's most vulnerable. This is why he isn't just a meta-knight 2, he is vulnerable on the ground.
Neutral B: Cutlet toss
Starfy throws a pork cutlet. It has good knockback and damage by projectile standards. it is somewhat slow, and travels in an arc.
Side B: Ultra Star Spin
Starfy does his ultra star spin sideways. It is similar to meta-knights drill rush, but with less range.
Up B: Mighty Star Spin
Starfy does his mighty star spin upwards. It is similar to marths up b, except it's a combo attack, is slower, and goes up further.
Down B: Shooting Star
Starfy does his shooting star move. It functions much like yoshi and bowsers down b's. Starfy's best kill move short of his final smash.
Final Smash: Roostar
Starfy turns into Roostar, and uses his squawking attack, unleashing a very powerful attack on all opponents. This is a very powerful final smash.
A combo: A spin left, a spin right, then a spin left that can be strung out indefinately, like falco's.
Side tilt: He goes forward a short distance, spins, then moves back.
Up tilt: Pretty much like olimars up tilt.
Down tilt: He got Starly to teach him her low spin move for his smash appearance.
Side Smash: Starfy does a splash (yes, splash) attack forward.
Up and down smash: Pretty much the same as squirtles up and down smashes, respectively.
Dash a: A drop kick.
Neutral Air: A basic spin.
Side Air: A forward drilling spin.
Up air: An upside down spin
Down air: A downward drilling spin.
Back air: A two-legged kick, much like his dash-a.
Edge Attack: A two-legged kick.

D

Deleted member

I can tell one thing that Starfy would have common with Pichu: he'd be the lightest, smallest character with some of the worst range in normal attacks and grabs.

Not necessarily a bad thing. But that's something to think about.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
EDIT: But even then, the only ones that NEED to be in Sm4sh are the Original 12.
While this is true, I would expand that list to everyone that was in both Melee and Brawl. It wouldn't make much sense to demote Peach, Bowser, G&W, Falco, Ganon, Zelda/Sheik, Ice Climbers, or Marth. Also, characters who as of brawl are the only representatives of their series "NEED" to stay. I'm looking at Pit, ROB, Wario, Yoshi, Samus(?), Olimar, Captain Falcon, Snake, Sonic, and the aforementioned G&W and ICs. I'd reasonably expect them to stay for Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom