• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I'd like to see as few cuts as possible, even possibly the return of Dr Mario and Young Link through alternate costumes on Mario and one of the Links. Wario style anyone? If Mewtwo returned with a complete awesome redesign I'd be a happy camper. Also ROY.

I'd like to see the Pokemon Trainer get revamped, possibly replaced by a cross-generation trainer who uses a Gen I, a Gen III, and a Gen IV or Gen V Pokemon to round out the representation. mean, we already have Pikachu and Jigglypuff for sure, and Hopefully Mewtwo as well. Other gens need more love. My fanboy self wants to see Blaziken make the roster at least in this way, but I could see Zoroark in there too. How they incorporate Illusion is anyone's guess, though...

More than anything, however, I freaking want Bowser Jr in SSB4 ._.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I'd like to see the Pokemon Trainer get revamped, possibly replaced by a cross-generation trainer who uses a Gen I, a Gen III, and a Gen IV or Gen V Pokemon to round out the representation. mean, we already have Pikachu and Jigglypuff for sure, and Hopefully Mewtwo as well. Other gens need more love. My fanboy self wants to see Blaziken make the roster at least in this way, but I could see Zoroark in there too. How they incorporate Illusion is anyone's guess, though...
That's more or less how I feel about PT. The first gen already gets ample representation, so why not incorporate the other gens? Blaziken would definitely be a prime choice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So why is it that a one-off character is considered unlikely? Mother****ing Sheik is a one-time character. Oh, but let me guess, you guys are going to justify that it's because he/she/Poison is a part of Zelda.

A character being one-time or not is not an issue at all. Last I checked, that was never part of the criteria.
Hence I want Sheik cut. Midna would've been much better in her place for Brawl. Who then of coarse would be cut to for Smash 4...

If Ghirahim makes it however, that'd be awesome. But especially THEN I'd consider Sheik getting replaced by Impa's chances just about confirmed. Just don't think it's too likely to happen to have Ghirahim playable. He would fit in quite good, that's not the problem at all.

Sheik probably made it back in Brawl cause of laziness and time restrictions in general. They must've thought it'd be better to have her back as a unique character, than not having any new completely unique Zelda characters at all at that point (plus Toon Link being a late addition). The fact that she had a spare model from Twilight Princess, and this had to be mentioned a long with the fact she DID NOT APPEAR IN THAT GAME plus additonal data from Toon Zelda / Toon "Sheik" aka Tetra shows to me that they very well considered getting rid of Sheik already in Brawl, but didn't because of what I said in the beginning of this paragraph.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey Diddy, wouldn't Impa though be cut in SSB5 for being a one-shot too? I at least think it'd be a waste of a great moveset if Sheik was cut and then Impa. (-l,l-);

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
@player1
WTF are you talking about? All he could do is jump around. Noob

If toon link returns, what are the odds of him being decloned further.

have you played any mario games? He can shoot fireballs too

Nah. He is not very popular and his moves just do not work, but they should make him an alternate costume for Luigi to please the fans.

(Points for whoever gets it)
I can see this happening also since he'll just be a luigi clone most likely.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
At this point Sheik seems as much a part of Zelda's Smash profile as anything. I don't see sheik being cut for that reason. Cut sheik and zelda is either half a character or gone too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey Diddy, wouldn't Impa though be cut in SSB5 for being a one-shot too? I at least think it'd be a waste of a great moveset if Sheik was cut and then Impa. (-l,l-);

Could easily be the case, and I wouldn't mind that at all if she turned out to be irrelevant by that time. But I somehow doubt that, as her role in Skyward Sword makes me think they'll use her a lot more from now on.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Lip has one item. Mario has the three you mentioned plus the freezie, hammer, green shell, poison mushroom, and lightning bolt. and that's just off the top of my head.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I never understand why people want Lip?
Any reason?
My reasons:

- Puzzle representation must be come back, and Lip would representate the Nintendo Puzzle-genre as a playable

- Her moveset could bring in mix of Ivysaur + Zelda

- Very underrated character whom her series are seemingly too ignored now by Nintendo since they try to play it safe with mainstream titles these days. I'm STILL waiting for new Puzzle League-title. (-TT-);;

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
it can be part of his character's moveset like diddy's banananas
They were added concurrently, doesn't count.

Game&rock, you're only furthering my point, Mario cant have a moveset that doesn't heavily borrowing from the items we have now.

@lip discussion
The user viper iirc was an avid supporter of lip, he showed me the game she was from and after doing my own research I became very interested in her character. One of the make your move movesets for her also made me want to be able to play as her.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Mario's final smash this time needs to be the mega mushroom from NSMB.

edit: @disfunkshunal and the problem with such a move set is.... bc I don't see one

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
@ Horsetail
But do you think Dr. Mario fits the Puzzle represntation better?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Zaxis: No, thanks. It's like slapping Mario to be Nintendo's Puzzle Mascot. Also, it's just Mario in doctor's outfit. Not meaning it badly...

I wouldn't mind Doc much, but still, I think Lip deserves to be puzzle representative better, as she's be more original and not prone to cloning as much as Doc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I never understand why people want Lip any reason?
- we apparently have no female characters in Smash
- we apparently need puzzle representation in Smash
- she apparently could be unique as a magical girl fighter
- we apparently like lolis :troll:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@game&rock
In addition to being unoriginal and uninspired, the whole concept is insane, insipid, uninteresting, and irrelevant to creating a unique fighter.

@arcadenik
Why not both?

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
What about Mallo from Pushmo?
He's sumo type character so why not
and he's from a puzzle game

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Impa is not an one-shot character. Skyward Sword is not the only game Impa appeared in. She was in both NES Zelda games, both Oracle games, and Ocarina of Time. Just FYI...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't see why we need a character to represent puzzle games. If you really want something to represent them, you should be asking for a stage based on them.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
well, he also has those punches and kicks from his 3D games... and the cape from mario world. and the tail from 3D land and SMB3. and FLUDD. He'll be fine.

Puzzle represent you say? TETRIS STAGE!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wht about Mallo from Pushmo?
He's sumo type character so why not
Hmm... I would love Mallo in Smash. I honestly love Pushmo... but not many people are asking for Mallo... probably because Pushmo doesn't have fighting in it... but you thought outside the box... you saw what Mallo was wearing... he looks like a sumo wrestler... so it would have made sense for Mallo to fight like one in Smash. He must be pretty strong if he is able to push/pull all those blocks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see why we need a character to represent puzzle games. If you really want something to represent them, you should be asking for a stage based on them.
Or an Assist Trophy... or a trophy... or a sticker... or music. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Mallo's from downloadable game... bit hard to imagine him. (His game's very awesome though, I must admit)

I guess Lip's uninteresting for you guys... Too bad. I guess we'd just stick with wishing for a stage. ^_(-í^ì-)_^

It's quite a shame though that puzzle representation is being so shafted. I thought Sakurai loved Puzzle League!!

Oasis: Ghirahim + Lip = potential loli hentai-manga idea there.
(->m<-)

AWWW CRAP DAMN YOU

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is not an one-shot character. Skyward Sword is not the only game Impa appeared in. She was in both NES Zelda games, both Oracle games, and Ocarina of Time. Just FYI...
Yeah I know, which means she is likely or at least much more liklely than Sheik to appear in Wii U or 3DS Zelda titles.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Tetris stage would be so much fun to play on, a lot better than Brawl's gimmick stages Mario Bros and 75M.

Am I the only one hoping for Bowser Jr to show up? Smash needs a new... paint job... [/badpun]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I only want a Tetris stage if it takes place outside of the Kremlin. Y'know, St. Basil's Cathedral, Red Square and junk. Have that space shuttle launch in the background. Yeah.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
well, he also has those punches and kicks from his 3D games... and the cape from mario world. and the tail from 3D land and SMB3. and FLUDD. He'll be fine.

Puzzle represent you say? TETRIS STAGE!!
We're trying to craft unique fighters, right? So why would we give Mario a cape that he obviously stole from dr. Mario, fludd which will be copied from squirtle's water gun or tail attacks that mewtwo made famous. If punches and kicks were enough to get you in smash, we'd have little Mac >_>.

I really like mallo, but I'm not seeing a lot of potential right now. In his game his actions consisted of pulling, pushing, jumping, and rewinding time. Right now that's only enough for an assist trophy. However if he were to get a sequel and have some abilities added and his current ones expanded on, I would support him 100%

Wasn't impa only in the Manuels for the nes games?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For what it is worth it appears that Sakurai is playing through Skyward Sword at this time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mallo's from downloadable game... bit hard to imagine him. (His game's very awesome though, I must admit)

I guess Lip's uninteresting for you guys... Too bad. I guess we'd just stick with wishing for a stage. ^_(-í^ì-)_^

It's quite a shame though that puzzle representation is being so shafted. I thought Sakurai loved Puzzle League!!

Oasis: Ghirahim + Lip = potential loli hentai-manga idea there.
(->m<-)

AWWW CRAP DAMN YOU
Pushmo is my favorite 3DS game. I really hope we get a stage based on that. All the pulled-out blocks could serve as platforms... the pushed-in blocks would be the "disappeared" platforms. Mallo could be in the background pulling and pushing the blocks, changing the stage layout. :)

I am going to wait for someone from one of those image boards to draw that manga for the lulz. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom