• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, there is this one guy on here who plays very well with Ganon in Brawl, he's also a natorious guy on here, but his skills are superb.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alright, i think the argument starts to get heated around page 2688. You can see what happens from there.

Well if thats a subtle hint/compliment berserker then i thank you, if not then fair enough. :p

*Waits for people to read*

OmegaXXII

Well , if the rumors of GC games being downloadable on Nintendo Shop , chances are that they'll have to work out something , because I don't want to play MKDD or Melee or Windwaker with Classic Controller
Yup, that what got me thinking about the issue as well, since classic GNC titles will be on the Wii-U shop somebody is bound to either create a redesigned GNC controller for the Wii-U or sone sort of USB attachment that would let you use your old GNC controller, I honestly would not mind that, better than a CC Pro or and possibly the "bulky" Wii-U tablet itself.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm not actually that comfortable about sharing a lot of info on it, i'm not a gossip person in particular when it comes to specific people. If you want the info read the pages i suggest, although soon we'll get a wave of comments on it i expect anyway so you can catch the drift then.

Yup, that what got me thinking about the issue as well, since classic GNC titles will be on the Wii-U shop somebody is bound to either create a redesigned GNC controller for the Wii-U or sone sort of USB attachment that would let you use your old GNC controller, I honestly would not mind that, better than a CC Pro or and possibly the "bulky" Wii-U tablet itself.
Or we could just all revert to wiichuk. :sadeyes:

OmegaXXII

Yeah, which is why I didn't bother with it so much, Phos was simply being unreasonable to listen to anything anybody had to say, oh well...moving on.....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pages 2688-2691. Phostopheles. lulz

But, as Omega said, moving on now.

They need to make a Classic Controller 2.0 in lieu of the GC controller. Not just for Smash 4 but many of the GC games, like Melee, were designed around the controller, too.

popsofctown

Smash Champion

They need to make a Classic Controller 2.0 in lieu of the GC controller. Not just for Smash 4 but many of the GC games, like Melee, were designed around the controller, too.
You can play Melee with a classic controller.

In theory at least... the classic is less durable and Melee is more demanding so they might wear out on melee.

But from a functional standpoint, classic controller is a minor setback at most for playing melee

OmegaXXII

You mean a GNC "classic controller much like they did with the SNES one?

Yes it makes alot of sense to due so, though it's ackward that no N64 style was made, if would have been ackward since I disliked it.

Thino

Smash Master
You can play Melee with a classic controller.

In theory at least... the classic is less durable and Melee is more demanding so they might wear out on melee.

But from a functional standpoint, classic controller is a minor setback at most for playing melee
the only con would be forcing people to do an empty grab to be able to lightshield , with something like zR to replace the Z button

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You mean a GNC "classic controller much like they did with the SNES one?

Yes it makes alot of sense to due so, though it's ackward that no N64 style was made, if would have been ackward since I disliked it.

Yeah, basically.

A lot of people say either Brawl is the best (Sonic and Snake, less "clony" clones, more content, etc.) or Melee (more "competitive", better character balance, faster pace, Mewtwo and Roy, etc.).

You know which one I like the best?

Also, popsofctown, you do have a point there.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Damn Pho can get mean lol

Im sure theyll have a GC controller for Wii U. For a game like Smash, I feel it necessary for competetive use. I was alright with the Nunchuk with my settings, but I sucked without the GC controller. Plus the bluetooth issue at tourneys also comes to mind

OmegaXXII

Yeah, basically.

A lot of people say either Brawl is the best (Sonic and Snake, less "clony" clones, more content, etc.) or Melee (more "competitive", better character balance, faster pace, Mewtwo and Roy, etc.).

You know which one I like the best?

Well, I honestly prefer Melee over any of the other two followed by 64 and finally Brawl, I played Melee the most, even though it had clones like Pichu:mad: I still enjoyed it for it's music, gameplay, and difficultness for obtaining Mewtwo which was alot of fun. :grin:

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Well, I honestly prefer Melee over any of the other two followed by 64 and finally Brawl, I played Melee the most, even though it had clones like Pichu:mad: I still enjoyed it for it's music, gameplay, and difficultness for obtaining Mewtwo which was alot of fun. :grin:

I just plugged 4 controllers into my Gamecube and left it on for a while. Mewtwo was easy :awesome: I personally like Brawl the best, followed by Melee then 64. Sure, Brawl isn't as technical, but I have a lot of fun playing it.

On topic: I'm actually really interested in trying Smash with the "bulky" tablet. I wanna know what stuff you can do with the touch screen.

Thino

Smash Master
Plus the bluetooth issue at tourneys also comes to mind

>usb ports

there's still hope for the competitive community offline

@Mewtwo topic: I got Mewtwo on day 2 of playing Melee and ACTUALLY playing the game because I was so happy to have it I played it non-stop and I was playing with friends when suddenly ! A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING

our faces : O_O !

me : give me the first controller !! give me the first controller !!!

**** was dope

OmegaXXII

USB ports is basically what I've been suggesting, we could possibly use an adapter to plug our existing controllers as well.

OmegaXXII

As for the whole latency issue at tourney thing goes this is an explanation:

Bluetooth devices will not cause interference between each other unless there are on average 5 or more devices in close proximity, by close proximity I mean the average tournament venue size.

afaik the Wii U controller will not be using bluetooth, however the Wiimote DOES.

There is no lag with a wireless controller unless there is a decent amount of interference, or you're really far away from the Wii.

I've had it happen at a tournament before where interference was screwing with me, as there's one Wiimote user in my scene (who's PR too, go figure), a couple classic controller users and then you have the wiimotes some people use to turn on their Wiis. Lots of inputs kept being dropped, big part of why I switched to GCC.

Yes, there WILL be interference issues. Input lag has no impact on gameplay from the wireless controller unless you're purposefully trying to increase it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If this is about the Wii U, let's see more on graphics being realistic. No offense, it hurts me to say so, but compare Black Ops Wii and X-Box360. As of that matter as well, Mario looked so much better in SSBB than any game he's been in. I wonder what graphics will be like for the SSB4...

OmegaXXII

Well, if it pertains with Smash, then it's perfectly acceptable, since after all it is a Wii-U thread (for Smash)

Graphically, I guess you can say it will all improve since if will be in glorifying HD which should be impressive to say the least, I'm really wanting the classic SSB64 stages the most since they would benifit the most (graphically)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@king My theory is this for characters: They will recieve HD quality, but not much differences. That's what u mean, right? As for colors, I think Lucario (if returns) needs his red to be actually red and not tinted red, besides his chest

OmegaXXII

@king My theory is this for characters: They will recieve HD quality, but not much differences. That's what u mean, right?
Well, the polygon count for each character will definetly increase by a good margin, this is what seperates it from standard (480p) to 720p (HD) which in turn it's a graphical overhaul that is increased by a big demeanor, it's like comparing apples to oranges, the same PS2 game to PS3 obviously look different in terms of graphics, same applies to Wii to Wii-U.

OmegaXXII

Oh, so Kirby might be different?
I think he might be the only exception lol...Jiggs as well, those two basically have no major appearance that would be obvious to notice, I guess Kirby wouldn't look so much different, but as for everybody else, yes I expect them to look better fleshed out since they obviously have more detail to them.

As for the Lucario palette color thing, yea, we should definetly have more palette swaps but they shouldn't really be considered as alt, rather just "swaps" since it really isn't changing physical appearances, just the colors themselves, as for alts, well.....they should ACTUALLY be alternate costumes, for example Wario had both his WarioWare Costume and his "classic" Wario Land outfit as well, it wasn't a simple color swap sort to speak, that's what I would like to see on other characters as well.

Like this:
Mario- Dr.Mario/raccoon Mario/strikers Mario
Luigi - Mr. L
Mewtwo - Armored Mewtwo
Ike - Hero Ike/Ranger Ike
Peach - Strikers uniform
Zero Suit Samus - Skirt/Shorts :awesome:
Megaman - X or Classic (both)
Sonic - Classic Sonic

Y'know, like those, probably as DLC would be nice. :grin:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eh, I have to disagree w/ Jiggs. Her body won't change, But the eyes will change drastically. They weren't that well performed in brawl (Opinion!) And the magic of Texture hack will fix ur Samus :awesome:

Thino

Smash Master
As for the whole latency issue at tourney thing goes this is an explanation:

Bluetooth devices will not cause interference between each other unless there are on average 5 or more devices in close proximity, by close proximity I mean the average tournament venue size.

afaik the Wii U controller will not be using bluetooth, however the Wiimote DOES.

There is no lag with a wireless controller unless there is a decent amount of interference, or you're really far away from the Wii.

I've had it happen at a tournament before where interference was screwing with me, as there's one Wiimote user in my scene (who's PR too, go figure), a couple classic controller users and then you have the wiimotes some people use to turn on their Wiis. Lots of inputs kept being dropped, big part of why I switched to GCC.

Yes, there WILL be interference issues. Input lag has no impact on gameplay from the wireless controller unless you're purposefully trying to increase it.

seems pretty scary , I guess you talk from experience and that will prolly increase since instead of having just some players using wireless controllers , everybody will if there's indeed no wired controller until then

considering that there's the rumor that the Wii U will have only one tablet and that the other controller are Wiimote based that means at least 1 to 3 controller per TV sets

Idk how large the venues are in general in terms of space between TVs but I have a very bad feeling about those interference issues

I wouldnt be surprised if SSB4 online competitive scene would be more popular than offline at this rate

OmegaXXII

seems pretty scary , I guess you talk from experience and that will prolly increase since instead of having just some players using wireless controllers , everybody will if there's indeed no wired controller until then

considering that there's the rumor that the Wii U will have only one tablet and that the other controller are Wiimote based that means at least 1 to 3 controller per TV sets

Idk how large the venues are in general in terms of space between TVs but I have a very bad feeling about those interference issues

I wouldnt be surprised if SSB4 online competitive scene would be more popular than offline at this rate
Yeah, I figure people are most likely to use the Classic Controller Pro since it will also be compatible as well, the scary thing about the Wii-Motes at tourneys is that it creates a bunch of grounding issues if alot of wireless wavelength frequencies are going all around a venue which isn't good considering the amount of lag input it creates which is critical, the way I see it is if we get a USB adapter then it should be solved since a corded USB wouldn't create such issues, I guess when the infancy of SSB4's tourney scene begins I guessing it will mostly consist of Classic Controller with the Wii-U tablet, but I'm pretty sure SORA will be aware of this, if they care, Nintendo as well.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've always wonder what other characters would be like in Smash even though they have no chance of getting in. I'm just bored with the conversations about the same characters.

Here is a list of a few...

Happy Mask Man (Zelda)
Pico (F-Zero)
Nearly any Pokemon (I really like Poliwrath, Marowak, and Farfetch'd)
Angry Hippie (Mother)
Earthworm Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom