• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Hmmm I think this one works, though I see the first one lol.

He's Headdy from the Genesis/Mega Drive game Dynamite Headdy :3

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
^ Dude, love your avi bro.
And Happy Mask Man would be fun. Use the Dracula or Mario masks!!!
Happy Mask Man is personally for me one of the scariest looking character in the Zelda series (especially when he's angry). I was imagining him using the various mask in Majora's Mask. He could either use the changing ones (Deku, Goron, Zora, and Fierce Deity as a FS).

Fierce Deity Happy Mask Man? That's one scary mf.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm since I have no idea what we've been discussing all morning. I just got an idea for a new topic.

In many other fighting games when characters are revealed they often dedicate an entire preview trailer to them in order to show off their moves, fighting style, and of course their own personal theme song. :cool:

Would people like that to happen for SSB4 whether or not they do a dojo?

I for one think it would be pretty cool and it might save time for Sakurai if he does a dojo, as he did say that while fun, it was tedious to do.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Back in the days of the dojo how often did we get a new character I forget?

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
That would be pretty cool. I'm imagining some pretty sick character trailers now, it would definitely generate hype. I'd assume new 3rd-parties would get one for sure, along with much-anticipated characters that they don't put in the first trailer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm since I have no idea what we've been discussing all morning. I just got an idea for a new topic.

In many other fighting games when characters are revealed they often dedicate an entire preview trailer to them in order to show off their moves, fighting style, and of course their own personal theme song. :cool:

Would people like that to happen for SSB4 whether or not they do a dojo?

I for one think it would be pretty cool and it might save time for Sakurai if he does a dojo, as he did say that while fun, it was tedious to do.
I say no Dojo, at least in the way Brawl's was done. I love how fighting games now have trailers specifically for revealing specific characters. It's hype inducing without resorting to making insane claims like in the past. Not only that, but I'd like it if they have trailers specifically for covering gameplay mechanics. For items and stages, they should just let them slip through the cracks while they reveal characters and mechanics.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I say no Dojo, at least in the way Brawl's was done. I love how fighting games now have trailers specifically for revealing specific characters. It's hype inducing without resorting to making insane claims like in the past. Not only that, but I'd like it if they have trailers specifically for covering gameplay mechanics. For items and stages, they should just let them slip through the cracks while they reveal characters and mechanics.
Meh I'd be fine with a dojo. Besides the game was delayed a few times, so that does mean a lot more was revealed to us then originally planned.

Heck if it wasn't for the first delay we wouldn't even have known about Olimar or Sheik until we got the game. :laugh:

But I will admit the dojo can be both a pro and con in hyping for a game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My problem with the Dojo is I knew everything in the game before I bought it. It pretty much made brawl a lot less "OMG! No way!" for me. At this point, I think I have enough self control to not look up the leaked info from Japan, unlike Brawl. By the time I got Brawl I had alredy figured out Marth, Ness, Falco, Lucario and a few others were secret characters. Only Wolf suprised me. Which sucks considering how poorly done the StarFox characters are.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seeing as everything will be leaked before I even get it due to the Japanese release aways being before the western release. I'm personally fine with the dojo. It pretty much gave me something to look forward to everyday, and I'm fine with that. Heck it used to be the only thing that got me out of bed at 6 am. :laugh:

Besides, people are forgeting that the game was delayed, twice. Meaning that many updates within the dojo revealed MUCH MORE then it was originally supposed to.

So if the game came out on it's original release date (Dec. 3) we wouldn't have known about: Olimar, Sheik, most of the past stages and serveral normal stages, many ATs and Pokeballs, serveral in game modes, etc.

And since I doubt SSB4 will be delayed as much as Brawl was, I'd like to give the dojo another shot.

EDIT. 1111 posts. :cool:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Olimar and Sheik would've been revealed before release regardless of the game being delayed or not. They are starter characters so there's no need to keep them secret until release.

Also, I think that Nintendo will try to push for a simultaneous worldwide release this time around. Smash is a huge game in general. No sense in making one part of the world wait longer than another for something like this.

I still think that something like a combination of these two websites would be wonderful:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/
http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/index.html

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, I noticed something on the UMvC3 website. The old one had the trailers for most of the characters that were used to announce them. Unfortunately, they're not here this time around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Kuma

That's a good idea, just as long as Nintendo doesn't pull what Capcom did an hour after UMvC3 was announced and ruin most of the hype. :facepalm:

But on the bright side it helped condense all the MM fanboy flamming conveniently into one solid week. :laugh:

EDIT: NOOO! I lost my 1111. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I found that "leak" to be very funny because I was able to troll the Megaman fanboys. And then cue the AE 2012 changes with the Akuma players. Oh God, those were such guilty pleasures.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo leaks don't happen that often, and I really doubt they would pull a Capcom. It seems SO out of character. I mean, the only people who knew about Smash 4 being released at one point was Iwata and Sakurai, if that's not secretive, IDK what is.

I found that "leak" to be very funny because I was able to troll the Megaman fanboys. And then cue the AE 2012 changes with the Akuma players. Oh God, those were such guilty pleasures.
Do you think we'll see a Super Ultimate MvC3?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see a Super UMvC3 happening UNLESS they pull a BlazBlue on us.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, I honestly prefer Melee over any of the other two followed by 64 and finally Brawl, I played Melee the most, even though it had clones like Pichu:mad: I still enjoyed it for it's music, gameplay, and difficultness for obtaining Mewtwo which was alot of fun. :grin:

Melee is a close second for me, but I love 64 because it has the charm of a Pixar movie; I just love how awesome it made the prospect of Mario, Link, Pikachu and Fox fighting each other. And I also love how lighthearted it was compared to Melee and Brawl. :)

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see trailers for all starting characters (and third-parties if they return) when revealed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I figured out a clue of what the trailer might be. Mr. Sakurai stated he wanted to carry off from SSBB, so what if we started with that last scene, then carried on from then? Maybe Mewtwo comes in with a new enemy (subspace + O_O), and they attack? I'm not sure how to explain it, but maybe what Mr. Sakurai said is a puzzle piece towards what we might see, regardless of being a trailer or gameplay. Kid Icarus is a great example. His trophy in Melee stated, "Will he ever come back?" and he did. Maybe the same card is being played in this situation. I don't know.
@opilucid I think Victini should have a kick@$$ trailer like Sonic and Snake. But they are 3rd parties, so...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dojo was the best. I think we should have that for sure.

They kind of did this with the Melee site. It had weekly updates and wasn't a blog.
Well, neither of the websites I showed did weekly updates.

Weekly updates would definitely be an improvement over the daily-weekday one. The issue with the latter is that it's highly prone to hype overdose like what happened to Brawl. Need I remind you of the insanity (both good and bad) that stemmed from the Dojo's constant updates? At least with weekly ones, the hype will die down a bit after a day or two.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
How'd you spell my name wrong if it'd right above you c'mon man! Anyway If we get a Dojo think it'll launch in January 2013 and the game will come out February 16th 2014... I hope

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sausage, I think you misunderstood Sakurai. He only said that he was using Brawl as an inspiration/starting point for Smash 4, since he wants to innovate the series, not that the story of Smash 4's Adventure Mode will continue from Brawl's SSE...

D

Deleted member

@asage94: I don't think a 5th gen Pokemon will be playable right off the bat.

Also, I don't care if Sakurai updates every day. This is the game that is fueled by it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage, I think you misunderstood Sakurai. He only said that he was using Brawl as an inspiration/starting point for Smash 4, since he wants to innovate the series, not that the story of Smash 4's Adventure Mode will continue from Brawl's SSE...

Take his cards, bro. He's done it many times and he'll do it again. Kid Icarus is a big one. A few others two...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Snake for Brawl, Sonic for Brawl, Pit for Brawl. Three characters with the chances and odds of a gold fish having leg problems. Even Sonic. Just u w8. You'll see what I mean. Sakurai's a good guy, but he has tricks, and he'll use them.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Snake for Brawl, Sonic for Brawl, Pit for Brawl. Three characters with the chances and odds of a gold fish having leg problems. Even Sonic. Just u w8. You'll see what I mean. Sakurai's a good guy, but he has tricks, and he'll use them.
Not trying to sound rude but... I don't understand a word you just said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom