• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As long as Victini get's in, Idk. and Btw... Anyone look at the songs I posted? They could SO work. (Not the exact, but...)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Damnit.
Thats it.
I gotta finish this zoroark moveset so this whole generic "turns into the player" crap is put to a rest....for awhile atleast.

Hes got sooo much more potential then being some lame shang tsung ripoff.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Damnit.
Thats it.
I gotta finish this zoroark moveset so this whole generic "turns into the player" crap is put to a rest....for awhile atleast.

Hes got sooo much more potential then being some lame shang tsung ripoff.
I'll show you my Zoroark set I think Mario and Sonic guy made one too

:phone:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]Long moveset post ahead for the character I want the most in so I'd skip it if you don't want to look at it give me some feedback.

Zoroark- The Master of Illusions joins the fray!

Zoroark is a very fast, very strong fighter with some amazing tools for offensive pressure. but she isn't going to last long once someone gets in a hit and a few of her tools are easily punishable. Despite this she is a very formidable fighter and her offensive capabilities surpass Mewtwo and Lucario.

Gimmick
Illusion - Zoroark's ability in game Zoroark changes into her opponent and takes their form becoming a complete replica once the battle starts. She gains their movesets and everything despite being a complete replica one thing stands out whenever she performs a move of the opponent she copied the attack is cloaked in a purple aura for example Luigi's Super Jump punch would be cloaked in a purple aura similar to one of Ganondorf's moves. However like the in game ability once she takes a few hits she will revert to her original form and her original moveset.

A- Slash with Claw
AA- Slashes with the other claw.
AAA- Spins around, and whips the opponent with her mane.

Dash A - Runs foward on four legs like a wolf, and pounces at the opponent.
A Foward - Places one arm on the ground, and bites at the opponent.
A Up - Swipes her arm above her at a 180 degree angle.
D Down - Performs a low kick while crouching.

Foward Smash - Her claws glow purple, and she claws the opponent with both claws.
Down Smash - She stomps the ground, causing a shockwave of purple energy.
Up Smash - Charges a small pinkish purple orb in the air and explodes it sending the opponent up in the air.

Aerials
N Air - Spins her body in the air, tackling the opponent.
F Air - Night Slashes, slashes the opponent with shadow imbued claws.
U Air - Zoroark flips upward, hitting the opponent with her mane.
D Air - Shadow imbued kick, hits the opponent at a slight angle.
B Air - Whirls around with her claws outstretched.

Grabs
Pummel - Grabs opponent with both claws, and bites them very fast pummel.
Foward Throw - Sets foe in front of her and fires a dark pulse.
Down Throw - Slams opponent on the ground pinning them down and fires a Dark Pulse.
Up Throw - Throws foe into the air harshly.
Back Throw - Sets foe behind her and slashes them.

Special Move

Standard Special Move - Snarl
Zoroark gets on all fours, and charges a ball in front of her mouth she then roars and fires it off a shock wave from her mouth at the opponent.

Down Special - Subsitute
Zoroark grins and changes into a Clefairy Doll. She is immune to all projectiles whilst in this doll state and whenever she is physically attacked a purple puff of smoke appears, and Zoroark emerges from it and claws the opponent.

Side Special Move - Fury Swipes
Slashes viciously with her claws three times, the fourth slash is the widest and has high knockback.

Up Special Move - Pursuit( My favorite idea)
Zoroarks eyes glow purple and then rises into the air with it's claw, leaving a trail of darkness behind. If he makes contact with anything, he turns around and slashes at their neck. If done against an opponent who is jumping or running away, it becomes unblockable and does increased knockback and damage.
A decent priority move that makes for a decent anti-air attack, and if you can catch someone trying to get away from you this will make them pay big time. As a recovery move it's fairly good; it travels a lot of vertical distance and Zoroark's air speed makes up for the lousy horizontal.

Final Smash
Night Burst - Zoroark grows viciously and her eyes glow red, and her arms are then surrounded in a pink aura and she slams them on the ground causing a large pink shockwave damaging anyone caught in it or hit by it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWrWpqX6ekw(skip to 0:19 to get an idea of how it would look its pretty intense)

Taunts
Up Taunt - Grows violently with her claws outstretched.
Down Taunt - Turns into a PokeDoll and changes back playfully.
Side Taunt - Gets on all fours and stretches like a dog while growling quietly.

Stage
N's Castle

Theme Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6_KXQHZ_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s6IkFafrK4[/COLLAPSE]

I Made it sometime over the summer

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow. I just looked up some Mach Rider videos, since I didn't know who he was. Props, Oasis, you intrigued me to search for him. He has quite an awesome theme...and awesome story...and is just awesome in general. My mouth was agape when he exploded...and then reformed...

That would make a nice stage entrance, just forming on to the stage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
[COLLAPSE="Zoroark"]Long moveset post ahead for the character I want the most in so I'd skip it if you don't want to look at it give me some feedback.

Zoroark- The Master of Illusions joins the fray!

Zoroark is a very fast, very strong fighter with some amazing tools for offensive pressure. but she isn't going to last long once someone gets in a hit and a few of her tools are easily punishable. Despite this she is a very formidable fighter and her offensive capabilities surpass Mewtwo and Lucario.

Gimmick
Illusion - Zoroark's ability in game Zoroark changes into her opponent and takes their form becoming a complete replica once the battle starts. She gains their movesets and everything despite being a complete replica one thing stands out whenever she performs a move of the opponent she copied the attack is cloaked in a purple aura for example Luigi's Super Jump punch would be cloaked in a purple aura similar to one of Ganondorf's moves. However like the in game ability once she takes a few hits she will revert to her original form and her original moveset.

A- Slash with Claw
AA- Slashes with the other claw.
AAA- Spins around, and whips the opponent with her mane.

Dash A - Runs foward on four legs like a wolf, and pounces at the opponent.
A Foward - Places one arm on the ground, and bites at the opponent.
A Up - Swipes her arm above her at a 180 degree angle.
D Down - Performs a low kick while crouching.

Foward Smash - Her claws glow purple, and she claws the opponent with both claws.
Down Smash - She stomps the ground, causing a shockwave of purple energy.
Up Smash - Charges a small pinkish purple orb in the air and explodes it sending the opponent up in the air.

Aerials
N Air - Spins her body in the air, tackling the opponent.
F Air - Night Slashes, slashes the opponent with shadow imbued claws.
U Air - Zoroark flips upward, hitting the opponent with her mane.
D Air - Shadow imbued kick, hits the opponent at a slight angle.
B Air - Whirls around with her claws outstretched.

Grabs
Pummel - Grabs opponent with both claws, and bites them very fast pummel.
Foward Throw - Sets foe in front of her and fires a dark pulse.
Down Throw - Slams opponent on the ground pinning them down and fires a Dark Pulse.
Up Throw - Throws foe into the air harshly.
Back Throw - Sets foe behind her and slashes them.

Special Move

Standard Special Move - Snarl
Zoroark gets on all fours, and charges a ball in front of her mouth she then roars and fires it off a shock wave from her mouth at the opponent.

Down Special - Subsitute
Zoroark grins and changes into a Clefairy Doll. She is immune to all projectiles whilst in this doll state and whenever she is physically attacked a purple puff of smoke appears, and Zoroark emerges from it and claws the opponent.

Side Special Move - Fury Swipes
Slashes viciously with her claws three times, the fourth slash is the widest and has high knockback.

Up Special Move - Pursuit( My favorite idea)
Zoroarks eyes glow purple and then rises into the air with it's claw, leaving a trail of darkness behind. If he makes contact with anything, he turns around and slashes at their neck. If done against an opponent who is jumping or running away, it becomes unblockable and does increased knockback and damage.
A decent priority move that makes for a decent anti-air attack, and if you can catch someone trying to get away from you this will make them pay big time. As a recovery move it's fairly good; it travels a lot of vertical distance and Zoroark's air speed makes up for the lousy horizontal.

Final Smash
Night Burst - Zoroark grows viciously and her eyes glow red, and her arms are then surrounded in a pink aura and she slams them on the ground causing a large pink shockwave damaging anyone caught in it or hit by it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWrWpqX6ekw(skip to 0:19 to get an idea of how it would look its pretty intense)

Taunts
Up Taunt - Grows violently with her claws outstretched.
Down Taunt - Turns into a PokeDoll and changes back playfully.
Side Taunt - Gets on all fours and stretches like a dog while growling quietly.

Stage
N's Castle

Theme Songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz6_KXQHZ_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s6IkFafrK4[/COLLAPSE]

I Made it sometime over the summer
That's really good, bro! My suggestions is making Substitute into Illusion, and ur Down Taunt as transforms into the opponent, then changes back (is Zoroark is facing 2 or more enemies, make the transformation 50/50 random).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That would make a nice stage entrance, just forming on to the stage.
...Huh. I actually hadn't thought of that.

OH, probably because he'd totally need to ride the MACH BIKE onto the stage. I guess he could stop on the stage, then he and the bike would explode, but only Mach Rider would reform?

...I really hope the lighting system is new. Seeing his explosions light up the place would be great.

@Overlord: PFF. No way. Where did you get that ideaYES. I think Sakurai may have had that in mind... His trophy had one sentence pointing it out in Melee.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Oasis_S

Have you thought of a move set for Mach Rider yet?

D

Deleted member

If Zoroark were to get in and we get five slots, I hope he uses his Illusion ability correctly (which is disguising in appearance, not move set). That's really the only reason why I'll accept him under a five slot situation. Though I will admit Opelucid's move set was good.

Speaking of which, how much work would it take to correctly implement Zoroark's signature ability? I heard that it would be very difficult to do and I don't want that to not happen if Zoroark were in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Fobmescs

What do you mean by that? I don't exactly follow...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Zoroark were to get in and we get five slots, I hope he uses his Illusion ability correctly (which is disguising in appearance, not move set). That's really the only reason why I'll accept him under a five slot situation. Though I will admit Opelucid's move set was good.

Speaking of which, how much work would it take to correctly implement Zoroark's signature ability? I heard that it would be very difficult to do and I don't want that to not happen if Zoroark were in.
U mean Night Daze? I think it'll be more like his (B) move, which can be described as Aura Sphere at both sides, but low Character range.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually now like the idea of Dark Pulse for B. Night Daze seems too strong for that...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Night Daze:
The user lets loose a pitch-black shock wave at its target. It may also lower the target's accuracy.
85 power
Dark Pulse:
The user releases a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts. It may also make the target flinch.
80 power

Where's the problem?

D

Deleted member

U mean Night Daze? I think it'll be more like his (B) move, which can be described as Aura Sphere at both sides, but low Character range.
When most people talk about Zoroark being an unique addition to the cast, they refer to its Illusion ability. I'd be disappointed if Zoroark didn't use it in SSB4 (if he gets in).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Zoroark is kind of hard to imagine in Smash. His ability is kind of vague, so predicting what Sakurai would plan for it is DIFFICULT. I worry he wouldn't be able to set himself apart from Wolf. Zoroark shares that "feral fighter" (as Sakurai puts it) look.

Not saying he wouldn't work. He COULD be very interesting, but it's just hard imagining what he'll do with Illusion, lol. Everyone has their own idea for it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When most people talk about Zoroark being an unique addition to the cast, they refer to its Illusion ability. I'd be disappointed if Zoroark didn't use it in SSB4 (if he gets in).
Eh, Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere are very similar, but night daze isn't a ball: it's a wave, a pulse. Plus it lowers the opponent's accuracy, which hasn't been reconized sense Mud-Slap.

OmegaXXII

You guys have to be creative and think outside the box, I have done so with Duck Hunt Dog, thanks to Arcadenik anyway. :)

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: From what I heard, the Illusion ability is suppose to copy the appearance of the player and not the move set to allude the character. Personally, I see nothing really special about him aside from that. Take that away and game play-wise, I see no reason for him to get in.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh yes I agree, he should be made an alternate costume look for Sonic or be playable altogether as his main apperance, I wouldn't mind so much, Shadow would be cool if he got a unique moveset, nothing like Sonic's though.
I don't think Shadow would be a Sonic clone like everyone think. His signature move is Chaos Control, and besides, wouldn't Metal Sonic be better suited as a clone?

His SA2 theme or the Heroes Team Dark theme really should be in Smash, BTW.

@MechaWave- wut

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't blame you, Oasis, that signature move of his is BAWS.

Doesn't he have laser guns, too?
HE DOES. Though, I'm not sure how I would incorporate them into a moveset. He's a "realistic" fellow, so his gun may not be cartoony enough? At the same time though, he's from the future so I guess that wouldn't be a problem. EVEN SO, how would it be different than the space animals' blasters? Horizontal Bullet Seed? I guess that could work. May stun them long enough for him to get an F-Smash in?

THINKING ALOUD HERE...

...I really want to give him a "Mach Punch" Special since he and Falcon are total bros, but I doubt many would like that, lol.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis_S: From what I heard, the Illusion ability is suppose to copy the appearance of the player and not the move set to allude the character. Personally, I see nothing really special about him aside from that. Take that away and game play-wise, I see no reason for him to get in.
Aren't you biased though? :awesome:

Sakurai doesn't HAVE to use the Illusion ability in the same way it's used in the Pokemon games. The Pokemon Company is strict, but look what they've allowed him to do with the other pokes. It's a matter of how you want to interpret the concept and apply it to a moveset. It COULD provide something interesting. It's just so vague!

Whoops. Double post. You guys are too slow. :sonic:

OmegaXXII

I don't think Shadow would be a Sonic clone like everyone think. His signature move is Chaos Control, and besides, wouldn't Metal Sonic be better suited as a clone?

His SA2 theme or the Heroes Team Dark theme really should be in Smash, BTW.

I totally agree, Shadow has alot of uniqueness behind him, if anything it can be taken from his game as well, also THESE theme would be epic. :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJi8-uvxDEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YND-d3gInI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJn6XtSkXto&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RskQfbg6l-I My favorite :cool:

D

Deleted member

Oasis_S said:
Sakurai doesn't HAVE to use the Illusion ability in the same way it's used in the Pokemon games. The Pokemon Company is strict, but look what they've allowed him to do with the other pokes. It's a matter of how you want to interpret the concept and apply it to a moveset. It COULD provide something interesting. It's just so vague!
I just would prefer for Zoroark to stay canon with his illusion ability in Smash. That and if it did that, Zoroark supporters wouldn't complain about how its unfaithful to the games/anime movie.

OmegaXXII

Oh, uhh... Didn't think we'd get this far XD but I have a Pac-Man moveset commented alrdy, so add Mrs. to all the moves and you got another clone :troll:
LOL, that's what I mean, Mrs. Pac-Man would be a clone since like....Pac-Man would be in-game already! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom