• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Heh. If you have to ask, than you haven't played the SSB games. Think about it, everyone's asking for characters, mainly speaking of Melee and Brawl, and they don't get them. Some do, but not everyone. Everyone's low notice on Sonic is certian to drive Mr. Sakurai into doing something with him, if he returns. Example? Sonic Generations is coming, which'll prove what happens with him. Watch the games, and your watching the idea growth. It seem's obvious, but look at it this way: I argue of Tingle due to moveset issues, but does one person make a difference? Nope, and the game? Depends. Idk how to explain much of that matter, but with him poping the K.I. card along with Snake and Sonic, you'll learn that he's like a stone skippping in mid-air: Unpredictable.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm...okay, nevermind then.

@adage: could you switch your font color to a lighter shade? It's kind of hard to read it lol....:laugh:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HMMM. I think it'd be neat if, of course, we got a trailer showing a few newcomers at first. Then, next trailer shows off more veterans, with maybe one newcomer. ASSUMING THE DOJO LAUNCHES AGAIN AFTER THAT, I'd like if, each month, we had one trailer showing two veterans, and another two week later a trailer showing a newcomer? So, essentially each month would have a bi-weekly schedule of revealing characters. First week, veterans; next week, random junk; third week, newcomer; last week, who gives a crap.

No, no. That's asking too much...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage lol and U'll c, bro. Supply and Demand play a big role here, too. I'mma change my font, brb. O I just noticed: Why r u calling me sausage, Metal?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Heh. If you have to ask, than you haven't played the SSB games. Think about it, everyone's asking for characters, mainly speaking of Melee and Brawl, and they don't get them. Some do, but not everyone. Everyone's low notice on Sonic is certian to drive Mr. Sakurai into doing something with him, if he returns. Example? Sonic Generations is coming, which'll prove what happens with him. Watch the games, and your watching the idea growth. It seem's obvious, but look at it this way: I argue of Tingle due to moveset issues, but does one person make a difference? Nope, and the game? Depends. Idk how to explain much of that matter, but with him poping the K.I. card along with Snake and Sonic, you'll learn that he's like a stone skippping in mid-air: Unpredictable.
OK, dude, let's slow down for a second... no offense or harm or anything, but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about at all...

We're still cool, right?

HMMM. I think it'd be neat if, of course, we got a trailer showing a few newcomers at first. Then, next trailer shows off more veterans, with maybe one newcomer. ASSUMING THE DOJO LAUNCHES AGAIN AFTER THAT, I'd like if, each month, we had one trailer showing two veterans, and another two week later a trailer showing a newcomer? So, essentially each month would have a bi-weekly schedule of revealing characters. First week, veterans; next week, random junk; third week, newcomer; last week, who gives a crap.

No, no. That's asking too much...
That'd be pretty cool, actually. Last week could be Adventure Mode teasers, maybe?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So yeah, after the Phosopheles fight the other day, I'm back. Anyway, because of all of yesterday's shenanigans, it looks like no one thought anything of my Muddy Mole posts.D:

Here were some music ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A80dmIbJhX0 Beach Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlc43JuTdCk&feature=related Pipe Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTMW0XPZM1g&feature=related Final Boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROG_mfIhpGU&feature=related Boss Defeated. This would be an awesome victory tune![/QUOTE]

And here's my special move set for Muddy! Complete move set coming soon...ish.

Okay, so after watching more Mole Mania playthroughs, I think I can make a decent set of Special moves for him.

His Neutral B could be the iron ball. Press B once,and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole.

His Side B will be the Barrel Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However,it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a barrel that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the barrel to ram opponents. Can be a decent horizontal recovery.

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Complete moveset coming soon. Feel free to comment.

I honestly think the little guy stands a chance as the new Game and Watch/ROB type character. Plus, his game was actually created by Miyamoto himself, which earns him some points. I guess you can say Muddy Mole is to me as Mach Rider is to Oasis. Not our highest supported, but a highly supported character that isn't exactly a shoe-in like Little Mac or Ridley.

Any comments on any of this stuff?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks Omega:D

I do need to say, though, that Mole Mania did have really good music, especially for a Game Boy game.

OmegaXXII

I wish Zoroark actually did get a unique moveset consisting of good attacks without actually transformind and ripping of another opponents moves.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess you can say Muddy Mole is to me as Mach Rider is to Oasis. Not our highest supported, but a highly supported character that isn't exactly a shoe-in like Little Mac or Ridley.
Awwwh yeeeah. BD

I remember thinking Muddy Mole would be our surprise character for Brawl for a bit. I don't remember why exactly.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, neither of the websites I showed did weekly updates.

Weekly updates would definitely be an improvement over the daily-weekday one. The issue with the latter is that it's highly prone to hype overdose like what happened to Brawl. Need I remind you of the insanity (both good and bad) that stemmed from the Dojo's constant updates? At least with weekly ones, the hype will die down a bit after a day or two.
The daily updates were the fun of it. I loved checking the dojo for a new surprise. The negativism of the updates came from the fact that the updates were not as good as showing us characters and what not (until the end).

The hype died from brawl because people started playing the game rather than dreaming about it or even talking about it. Kind of an illusion effect.

Dojo was better than no dojo. I'm not sure you remember the time before the dojo where we were waiting for anything and only had to talk about the fact Fox was included 4 months ago.

OmegaXXII

Thanks Omega:D

I do need to say, though, that Mole Mania did have really good music, especially for a Game Boy game.
Yeah, I figured alot of good music also does happen be on Game Boys games as well, some which are often overlooked by mainstream titles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I think Zoroark should really do that for only, like, ONE special move. Or, if I had it my way, his Final Smash, where he transforms into one of the three legendary beasts, and switches between, causing extreme damage. This would be based off of his in-game event.

Yeah, and if anyone wants some videos of Muddy fighting, the final level of the game is a boss rush. Here are the three parts of the Boss Rush, where all of the eight boss fights are shown in a Let's Play. It's narrated, though. Just saying. Pretty nice bosses. Beware of spoilers, in case you want to play a fifteen year old game that is extremely obscure, like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opn9ZY1fyE4&feature=related Part One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_R3rYhnt3U&feature=related Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq0q4jOiq5Q&feature=related Part Three and Ending.

Just in case of any doubters.

OmegaXXII

I wonder how the DOJO will ply out considering the actual updates, characters first? items first? stages? mixture?

I seem to be getting ecstatic already and we haven't even gotten an E3 trailer yet.

Mt favorite was definetly the October 10, 2007 update that had Snake, I still remember it like it was yesterday lol...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dojo was better than no dojo. I'm not sure you remember the time before the dojo where we were waiting for anything and only had to talk about the fact Fox was included 4 months ago.
That's the part of the problem. Brawl hype can be summed up as two periods of extremes. For the longest time, we had no new material to talk about. On the other hand, hype was getting way out of hand with the daily updates. There were no stops for the hype which led to the hype overdose that resulted in many people being disappointed with Brawl (and I'm not talking strictly competitive players either).

IMO, I feel Capcom's found a close balance for this kind of thing. Give new info monthly with just enough information via video demonstrations, public playtesting where ever they can, and teasers a week before the next reveals.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I think Zoroark should really do that for only, like, ONE special move. Or, if I had it my way, his Final Smash, where he transforms into one of the three legendary beasts, and switches between, causing extreme damage. This would be based off of his in-game event..
Wow, his Final Smash transformation would actually be like that? consisting of a legendary Pokemon? Neat!! Does he actually do this? :grin:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, in the movie, the Zoroark transformed into the three beasts in a Shiny Version. In the games, it was replicated by obtaining a Wild Zoroark by bringing the shiny Raikou, Entei, or Suicune to fight it, and it would use its illusion ability on it for the fight.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Wow, his Final Smash transformation would actually be like that? consisting of a legendary Pokemon? Neat!! Does he actually do this? :grin:
Zoroark did take the forms of the legendary beast in the movies, and if you battle it in game it takes the form of one of them. I think Night Daze would be a better final smash though it just seems a lot cooler.

ninja'd by Opossum

OmegaXXII

Awwwh yeeeah. BD

I remember thinking Muddy Mole would be our surprise character for Brawl for a bit. I don't remember why exactly.
I'm guessing he stands in the situation Lip does Haha, I think Fatmanonice was the only other guy who actually wanted Muddy Mole, I think he even created a moveset for him?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqMWua8VeI
VS Legendary Pokemon B&W Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnP0Mw3QHKY
VS N Final Pokemon B&W Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkCCO5dd3kQ&feature=related
VS Primal Dialga Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqIWCLLSrY
VS Mewtwo Pokemon Rumble Official

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6z_1cCvVjA
VS Arceus Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Official

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVHSfO56Nc
Sonic Colors Theme from SEGA Official

My music choices. All the way!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Muddy Mole is cool and all but this mole should get in.

Seriously it would be cooler than Victini and Zoroark :awesome:

Also I'll post some suggestions in a second just let me finish this English homework.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Night Daze, seeing as how it's its signature attack of his, would be a B move.

And yeah, Lip is a good way to describe Muddy's situation: Old, Obscure puzzle-game character. Muddy I believe has a better chance do to being international, whilst Lip ha the fan demand advantage.

Seeing as how awesome Excadrill is in competitive battling, I wouldn't really mind seeing him...

As a Poke Ball.

OmegaXXII

Zoroark did take the forms of the legendary beast in the movies, and if you battle it in game it takes the form of one of them. I think Night Daze would be a better final smash though it just seems a lot cooler.

ninja'd by Opossum
Yes, I see, so he actually would use illusion for taking the form of other Pokemon right? This whole time I thought he was just going to transform into a Smash fighter instead lol (like Zelda does to Sheik)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In my opinion, that would just be a wasted slot, seeing as Zoroark does have quite a bit of potential. You mean like a random slot, right?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You know what would be absolutely epic? What if Nintendo re-released Brawl, but with all of the Forbidden 7 (Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Tetra, and Plusle and Minun)? They didn't advertise it, either, so no one knows about except some noob who just bought the rerelased Brawl joined the Smash Boards. He'd be like, "Hai guise I wanna know how to get really good with Mewtwo", and we'd be like, "STFU u noob Mewtwo isn't even in Brawl". :laugh:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I think Night Daze, seeing as how it's its signature attack of his, would be a B move.

And yeah, Lip is a good way to describe Muddy's situation: Old, Obscure puzzle-game character. Muddy I believe has a better chance do to being international, whilst Lip ha the fan demand advantage.

Seeing as how awesome Excadrill is in competitive battling, I wouldn't really mind seeing him...

As a Poke Ball.
Excadrill is a beast competitively it sucks Conkeldurr really counters it though... anyway I don't like the idea of Night Daze as one of its B moves. I think Snarl would be pretty cool like it would charge a ball in front of its mouth and then release it as a ray or a beam Dark Pulse would work too.

And yes Asage I'm a Black Mage now :awesome:

OmegaXXII

You know what would be absolutely epic? What if Nintendo re-released Brawl, but with all of the Forbidden 7 (Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Tetra, and Plusle and Minun)? They didn't advertise it, either, so no one knows about except some noob who just bought the rerelased Brawl joined the Smash Boards. He'd be like, "Hai guise I wanna know how to get really good with Mewtwo", and we'd be like, "STFU u noob Mewtwo isn't even in Brawl". :laugh:

You what would be even better, an Anthology of every Smash character that has ever been playable, just like Tekken Tag Tournament does, that would be so amazing along with stages as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, but at least as far as looks, Excadrill definitely beats Conkeldurr...

Yes, I suppose a Counter move could also fit Illusion.

Oh, and Dark Pulse would be great.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey, Oasis, do you think Mach Rider should have a C. Falcon Knee-like attack as one of his aerials?
Nah. That's Falcon's thing.

Maybe he should KICK OUT horizontally, his leg exploding (toward his feet) the whole way, and end in a large, KO move explosion. I suppose that means it would also have a sweetspot. It'd be pretty similar, but in at the same time it would be HIS OWN, y'know?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it would seem we're back on character chance discussion, bummer I was hoping for some changes in our routine. :p

Anyway I just finished my roster and explanation so I'll post that later tonight.

As for Zoroark, I'm against him now. Not that I hate him, but in a similar reason as to why MM wasn't in MvC3.

Well I'm hungry, later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom