• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
HE DOES. Though, I'm not sure how I would incorporate them into a moveset. He's a "realistic" fellow, so his gun may not be cartoony enough? At the same time though, he's from the future so I guess that wouldn't be a problem. EVEN SO, how would it be different than the space animals' blasters? Horizontal Bullet Seed? I guess that could work. May stun them long enough for him to get an F-Smash in?

THINKING ALOUD HERE...

...I really want to give him a "Mach Punch" Special since he and Falcon are total bros, but I doubt many would like that, lol.
Hmmm, good point? Maybe he could shoot a laser gun where the ammo sticks for a couple of seconds and then explodes (of course, the knockback would depend on the damage accumulated by the foe)? I dunno, I'm just making up crap now, but what do you think?

I don't think people would really protest against a Mach Punch for Mach Rider as he would already a unique feature about him. ;)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Smash isn't canon though, his moves aren't supposed to make sense, take a look at Falcon.
I think the difference is that Captain Falcon literally pulled his move set out of his butt. Zoroark has things to work with from the games/anime and I personally expect the Illusion ability to at least be faithful.

However, I'm not really going to expect that to happen since as you said, Smash isn't canon. :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since we're debating what Zoroark as a character could do here's a quick thing from my info thread I grabbed that Sakurai has stated on character inclusion.

1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.

2. The character must be unique.

3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.

4. They must contribute to the game balance.
I'll let someone else fill in the blanks. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How did Meta Knight contribute to the game balance.

But seriously, what exactly does that last point mean...?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Quote:
People already play pokemon anyway so :awesome:

Illusion

If Peach can fit in so can Zoroark she has a similar body structure to Lucario and Mewtwo.

:/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think the difference is that Captain Falcon literally pulled his move set out of his butt. Zoroark has things to work with from the games/anime and I personally expect the Illusion ability to at least be faithful.

However, I'm not really going to expect that to happen since as you said, Smash isn't canon. :(
Yeah I guess, even he Zoroark does have something to base on I think he style in which his moves are performed should be slightly altered, unless it's a cool move already?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Speed: Mid-Slow
Weight Class: HeavyWeight

(A): 1st is a punch, 2nd is a kick. Like Yoshi, just a 1-2, 1-2.
(A)^Normal: Firey uppercut
(A)>Normal: Switches facing sides, and uses both feet to kick (Double Kick)
(A)v Normal: Punches the ground, like Mario's (A)> Aerial, but on the ground.

(A)^ Smash: Typh's fists fires up, then scorches an awesome Double Fire Punch straight up, but with a step foward first.
(A)> Smash: He charges his fire power, and blasts the ground with Flame Burst. Compare to Snake's (A)> Smash, but can activate faster.
(A)v: Typh's body starts to straighten and glow, while his foot raises, then he drops his foot, causing a <- to -> firequake.

Grab:
Beat up: He Punches them in the gut, not very fast succession.
Throw >: He slams their feet on the ground, paralyzing them temporarly, then headbutts them with a flared up head.
Throw ^: Typh uppercuts them, and hard.
Throw v: He makes them lie, then stomps them 3 times in quick succession.

Taunt:
>: He Laughs, like he does in a certain episode on Pokemon Chronicles...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7JI7L_vdQ&feature=related for Typh Lol

v: He stomps once, laughs a little darker than the vid, then stomps again, but with the opposite foot.

^: He spits some fire, and growls faintly, eyes closed

(B): Flame Burst
He charges his fire power into his mouth. When he's done, he can either hold it or fire it. If he holds it, his neck will shine with fire a little bit.

(B)>: Inferno
Typh grabs, then releases a powerful fire unto the opponent, automatically dropping them. Compare to Gannondorf's (B)>. Does nothing If there is no connection of the grab.

(B)^: Double Kick
He kicks the air Twice, being able to save himself. Like Pikachu's (B)^, but has more control, and more time to activate the 2nd kick.

(B)v: Defense Curl
Typh locks his body, making knockback very difficult and damage reduced. Can only last 3 seconds, but if the seconds are done, Typh will get up quickly and send a fire wave 1 Character space ahead and behind him, for countering.

FS: Blast Burn
Typh roars a mighty roar, then blasts the entire screen with massive Fire balls from the sky. His back will be on fire and will shoot directly into the sky. Like Ness's FS, but more time, and makes Typh more powerful until he's taken down, like DK.

Credits go to... Me. Lol :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@sw96

Why hate Olimar specifically? He's unique, a good fighter, and comes from a good game. Just curious.

Anyway, @ Opelucid, how about a DHD or Sukapon moveset? Haven't seen too many of those...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@sw96

Why hate Olimar specifically? He's unique, a good fighter, and comes from a good game. Just curious.

Anyway, @ Opelucid, how about a DHD or Sukapon moveset? Haven't seen too many of those...
Hmm? DHD or Sukapon not too familiar with them I'll give it a try I'm working on a Koopa moveset right now :awesome:

Nice moveset by the way Asage

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Typhlosion Moveset? I would prefer him be a starter along with Chikorita and Croconaw with a 2nd gen starter.

I threw it out there for kicks. Maybe this time they can add the choice to be JUST ONE in a battle. I found it sick that I'd have to change back to Charizard after I go down. I know it's part of the trainer thing, but come on... We made Max Revives for a reason!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Opelucid: Yeah, I picked them due to them being a challenge.

@ Omega: I'm indifferent on him. I wouldn't mind him, I just think he's a factor standing in the way of Muddy Mole.

OmegaXXII

I threw it out there for kicks. Maybe this time they can add the choice to be JUST ONE in a battle. I found it sick that I'd have to change back to Charizard after I go down. I know it's part of the trainer thing, but come on... We made Max Revives for a reason!
I really did like the moveset, but if Pokemon Trainers stamina got elimated that would be even better.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
@sw96

i like olimar dont get me wrong. in brawl we fell weird and hard to play and yeah i still play pikmin 2 :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well going through those points these are my own thoughts on Zoroark:

1. If him and Victini are pretty even on popularity, but seeing as Victini will be getting a major boost due to his movie, who would people want more?

2. So far his only asset is his illusion ablilty, and so far neither I nor anyone else has come up with a good way on how to use it. So without it, like people have mentioned, he'd just be a non special Wolf and there's nothing good about that.

3. He would fit into Smash, no one can deny that.

4. So far no one has given a good way to use his illusion ability, so he'd just be a no special Wolf, so it's not really adding anything to the game balance.

So he works, in my opinion, for 1 out of 4 of these reasons to get in.

Well I got to go do some work, when I get back I'll post my roster and explanation. Later.

OmegaXXII

@Opposum: Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog are definetly both obscure looking choices, however since I support DHD I would probably go with him instead.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@sw96

Oh, I see. Yeah, I can see how he'd be hard to learn. It took me a while. Off topic, but I still need to play Pikmin 2 completely. Can't find a decent copy around here...

@ Omega

Yeah, I figure either one would work for the "WTF" character, as much as I hate that term...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Say what you want, I don't really care. But until someone comes up with a unique way, that doesn't involve being a knock off of a Mortal Kombat, or Soul Calibur character, to include Illusion, I just don't want him playable.

I'm sure there is a way to make Illusion work, but I have yet to see it. Until then, I prefer Victini (Well, really I prefer Genesect, but yaknow)

D

Deleted member

Is a popular request in the West, but there are two major problems with it. One is that the amount of supporters he has is declining as we speak as more and more people show preference towards Victini (and Genesect/Meloetta if they get a 2012 movie release) and two is that he isn't wanted in Japan as well (then again, Victini isn't mentioned much either). If we end up with four slots and Zoroark replaces Lucario, I don't see him being in a positive spotlight when revealed.
Wouldn't be a clone, but if Illusion ability isn't implemented, there's nothing really that would stand out Zoroark gameplay-wise. Not to mention many people would complain if his Illusion ability is not faithful to the Pokemon games/anime movie.[/quote]
Technically, any character that can fight (meaning almost any Pokemons) "fits".
Another thing to worry about if Zoroark gets in with his own illusion ability unaltered from the game. If the balance does not work out, it could potentially end up imbalancing it. And I'm pretty sure Sakurai would want to implement Zoroark's ability faithfully, otherwise, the Illusion will be either removed or be used in a similar fashion to Kirby (and Mega Man if he gets in with his own copying ability).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who else I haven't seen many full movesets for? Lip. I'd really like to see one for her.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Zoroark is just a wolf clone? Nobody can come up with a good use for illusion?

These are just baseless claims you just made up because you're biased against zoroark
1. Technically I did give a base, and they're what Sakurai has stated on character selection.

2. So far I feel no one has given a good reason for his illusion ability. If you have one, I think I speak for everyone in saying that I'd love to hear it.

3. People have been stating he'd play in a similar style to Wolf, and without a unique distinction, yes he would be a Wolf clone, until someone can properly give him a unique gameplay idea.

4. You're flamming, please calm down.

5. We all have our own opinions so please respect them, and if you do feel differently then by all means debate them, that is what this thread is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom