• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That game was pure gold, that's the first throwback title that got everything right (Duke Nukem should be ashamed). It was like nostalgia fever. I could even overlook DK's new voice for the sake of the overall design.

I'm right there with you on that song.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I KNOW that it's all fake! I just had to say something on the matter.

Unfortunately for me, I can't even begin to guess the next roster for Smash. All those characters (except Ridley) are good picks.

But I can say that if this roster was the official roster for Brawl, that would've been awesome. (Once again, except for Ridley)
How does ridley not work, we already established size is not an issue( look at melee intro) if sakurai can make a rob playable he can make ridley

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Stupid Brawl and it's weak sauce guitars. THIS is how a guitar should sound!
http://youtu.be/4KDqMgHzOQc

LMAO

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-eIQMSOgWA

This.

Or, if we go to the other side of the spectrum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlpdOtNOrQ&feature=related

At about 5:20. Watch a master of his craft work.

Edit: The Donkey Kong music is amazing. I really, really enjoyed a lot of the remixes in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Sakurai definitely needs to put that ish in Smash 4.

Smooth Criminal

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Damn I actually read most of the 5 pages Ive been gone
So there was talk on top tiers, that rumor, Ridely and now music right?
First of all if that rumor was from /v/ then its almost automatically fake (Im pretty sure 4chan is where the troll face is from). I dont know who said that when trying to find the original post it wasnt there, but Im assuming wasnt familiar with 4chan: everything disappears QUICK
Star had a nice description about how businesses work, so hopefully we get a decent sized roster (and Ridley)
Speaking of which, Ridley and other big sized characters and bosses (lol Kraid) could be sized to fit SSB, it wouldnt be that much of an issue. Besides, Ridley represents Metroid better than Dark Samus, but that would also be cool to see :D
I like the music Brawl offers, and that you could add your own makes it even better (although I never got to). That has to return in SSB4
Ill look at all the song posts when I get back on my computer

@Star
What did you not like about the "vs Ridley" song?

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Rumors like these:

Fake Rumors said:
-Sakurai wants to focus more on characters this time, and less on the extra fluff, though he still wants there to be plenty of extra content.

-Some of the assist trophy characters will become full characters, however Lucario will not be returning. Mewtwo is also out of the question, as are the Melee clones. It's also a possibility that some characters who were starters in Brawl will become unlockable in 4, much like Falcon and Ness from Melee to Brawl.

-Main control scheme will be Classic Controller, as the Wii U is not compatible with Gamecube tech. The tablet controller won't be for controlling characters, but there will be a use for it.

-Pokemon Trainer may get new pokemon. Another Pokemon Trainer character is "Highly unlikely"

-No new characters for "heavily populated" series, more focus will be put on series that need more characters. Star Fox series is "A notable exception" to the rule for some reason...

-No more Pikmin characters. Feels that Olimar is "suitable representation"

-No more F-Zero characters, as Falcon had to have a'lot of work done to become a character, and is the "face" of F-Zero. Having other characters would detract from this...

-No more Mother characters, as the series is still mainly a Japan exclusive. Lucas and Ness represent the major titles effectively.

-No more Donkey Kong characters, though Donkey Kong assist trophies are in high demand, and at least three new assist trophies are planned, including one from Diddy Kong Racing, which will be represented better in Smash 4.

-No more characters for the Yoshi and Wario series.

-No more Zelda characters; if Tingle were to become a character(NOT confirmed), he would get his own series icon and be the sole representative.

-No more Kirby characters.

-Kid Icarus will be receiving a major overhaul. Expect at least one new character, several assist trophies, and a new stage alongside the one from Brawl.

-For Metroid, there will be one new character added. One that fans requested, and was thought to be an impossible addition, but the team have found a way to add them to the game, though it won't be a perfect transition.

-Alternate costumes for characters other than Wario are "being looked into", still nothing concrete.

-No more Fire Emblem characters. Marth represents the old, while Ike represents the new. Fire Emblem is still going to recieve extra attention to other details however, including at least two new assist trophies.

-If a Third Party character has appeared in Smash, they are not likely to leave. In the case of Sonic, his reception was met positively, so SEGA has decided to give the development team free liberty to add him as a playable character. There won't be more than one character per company however. For example, if Capcom allowed the team to use both Ryu and Mega Man, they could only choose one.

-In addition to new stages, there will be a selection of classic stages from all 3 previous Smash titles. One in particular from the original was "missed dearly by the fans".

-Mario will incorporate a new move from the Galaxy series, and the Galaxy series will be represented proper in Smash 4. Galaxy wasen't represented in Brawl due to not having substantial content to work with, but now there is "plenty of content to derive from the Galaxy series, especially with two distinct titles".

Note that is is all tentaive and is subject to change. The game is not in actual development, these are merely ideas discussed by a board of nintendo employees and member of the development team. Kid Icarus is near completion and development will begin a few months after the release.

-Sakurai wants to focus more on characters this time, and less on the extra fluff, though he still wants there to be plenty of extra content.

-Some of the assist trophy characters will become full characters, however Lucario will not be returning. Mewtwo is also out of the question, as are the Melee clones. It's also a possibility that some characters who were starters in Brawl will become unlockable in 4, much like Falcon and Ness from Melee to Brawl.

Some you say?
-Main control scheme will be Classic Controller, as the Wii U is not compatible with Gamecube tech. The tablet controller won't be for controlling characters, but there will be a use for it.

Duh
-Pokemon Trainer may get new pokemon. Another Pokemon Trainer character is "Highly unlikely"

-No new characters for "heavily populated" series, more focus will be put on series that need more characters. Star Fox series is "A notable exception" to the rule for some reason...

I disagree.

Although someone has said it for me already (Chrono)

-No more Pikmin characters. Feels that Olimar is "suitable representation"

-No more F-Zero characters, as Falcon had to have a'lot of work done to become a character, and is the "face" of F-Zero. Having other characters would detract from this...

-No more Mother characters, as the series is still mainly a Japan exclusive. Lucas and Ness represent the major titles effectively.

-No more Donkey Kong characters, though Donkey Kong assist trophies are in high demand, and at least three new assist trophies are planned, including one from Diddy Kong Racing, which will be represented better in Smash 4.

This sounds wrong and the reason is obvious I guess
-No more characters for the Yoshi and Wario series.

-No more Zelda characters; if Tingle were to become a character(NOT confirmed), he would get his own series icon and be the sole representative.

-No more Kirby characters.

-Kid Icarus will be receiving a major overhaul. Expect at least one new character, several assist trophies, and a new stage alongside the one from Brawl.

Sorry but I expect the opposite
-For Metroid, there will be one new character added. One that fans requested, and was thought to be an impossible addition, but the team have found a way to add them to the game, though it won't be a perfect transition.

I know who that is. Ridley!
-Alternate costumes for characters other than Wario are "being looked into", still nothing concrete.

-No more Fire Emblem characters. Marth represents the old, while Ike represents the new. Fire Emblem is still going to recieve extra attention to other details however, including at least two new assist trophies.

-If a Third Party character has appeared in Smash, they are not likely to leave. In the case of Sonic, his reception was met positively, so SEGA has decided to give the development team free liberty to add him as a playable character. There won't be more than one character per company however. For example, if Capcom allowed the team to use both Ryu and Mega Man, they could only choose one.

-In addition to new stages, there will be a selection of classic stages from all 3 previous Smash titles. One in particular from the original was "missed dearly by the fans".

-Mario will incorporate a new move from the Galaxy series, and the Galaxy series will be represented proper in Smash 4. Galaxy wasen't represented in Brawl due to not having substantial content to work with, but now there is "plenty of content to derive from the Galaxy series, especially with two distinct titles".

Note that is is all tentaive and is subject to change. The game is not in actual development, these are merely ideas discussed by a board of nintendo employees and member of the development team. Kid Icarus is near completion and development will begin a few months after the release.

From the start, this is 100% false.

DISAPPROVED

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I found the Mewtwo and Lucario thing absurd, that rumor is already disgarding them which isn't happening.

Also, it mentioned that popular franchises such as Mario and Zelda wouldn't be getting any new reps, rather Star Fox should be an exception, are they out of their mind? No Krystal please. :facepalm:

Also, Donkey Kong IS likely to get a 3rd rep, most likely K.Rool or Dixie, same goes for Fire Emblem, there will most likely be a 3rd rep as well, this dumb rumor is already disregarding without explanation as to why exactly they shouldn't be considered, also I found the AT being "the most requested" false!! Why would people request and demand AT over playable characters? C'mon now.

Also, I instantly knew this was fake when it stated that F-Zero and Earthbound were going to get completly scrapped out of the picture, it's nonsense since they aren't going anywhere! At least Captain Falcon isn't.

Overall, it's fake!!! Nuff said.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Omega, It doesn't say in the rumors anywhere that F-zero and Earthbound are getting scrapped. Only that they are getting no additional characters. It's just poorly worded.

Otherwise, just about 70% of characters would be scrapped, seeing how everything below is worded identically.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Well guys I start school Tuesday so my activity might drop a little, if worst comes to work I might not come back to June depends on my school work :(

OmegaXXII

Omega, It doesn't say in the rumors anywhere that F-zero and Earthbound are getting scrapped. Only that they are getting no additional characters. It's just poorly worded.

Otherwise, just about 70% of characters would be scrapped, seeing how everything below is worded identically.
My bad, I misread, but still to the point, I do think that a second F-Zero rep is viable simply because it's demanded, even if there hasn't been a game for a while.

It also stated that Sakurai would like to add more characters, fact is this rumor contradicts what he really said in the Iwata asks article, he stated that he simply doesn't just want to expand on characters.

The only things I liked about it though were the alternate costume idea and the 3 stages per game thing, most notable Saffron City since it stated "a stage missed dearly by fans".

Too bad it's most likely not true since Sakurai and his development team are probably just throwing out ideas into the open, it's not really anything solid to base conclusion on.

OmegaXXII

Huh...what?

How would that be funny?

I don't know much about his style or persona for that matter, all I know is is that he's popular by demand, and deserving at that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
K. Rool plays dead in his games.

That's all there is to it.

Maybe it could be some kind of Down Special. Just play dead and (depending on the buttons) suddenly get up and attack. MIND GAMES?! Sounds terrifying. He's just laying there, but you don't want to approach because you don't know what he's going to do next.

I actually don't know much about K. Rool, so I tend to think of him as not very interesting. WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE. Kind of strange that Ridley, K. Rool, and Little Mac - probably the three most demanded characters - don't have anything READILY OBVIOUS to offer to the roster. Not to say they couldn't be great additions, of course.

@Thino: King D and King K will be bros.

(King Koopa, King of Evil... What does Nintendo have against monarchy?)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]Newcomer Gooey!

Wait who is this guy? Is it Slime.. wait no it isn't Slime this is Kirby's best friend Gooey the friendly piece of Dark Matter! Gooey made his debut in Kirby's Dream Land 2 he made another appearance in Kirby's Dream Land 3 as his partner... I'd like to see this guy go at it with Slime!

VS

Playstyle
Due to being only well a blob... Gooey rely's on his tongue for most of his attacks, however the interesting thing about Gooey is he has most of Kirby's abilities. He is able to float and take enemies abilities... such as Beam Kirby or Spark Kirby... he's a small fighter so he is very light weight this is something to keep in mind other then that he is a very good character for beginners.

Moveset
A: Whips opponent with his tongue.
AA: Whips up with his tongue.
AAA: Spins around like a spinning top whilst whipping with his tongue.
Dash A: Slides towards the opponent and does a flip with his tongue he then crashes into them.

Tilts
F-Tilt: Simply tackles into the opponent.
U-Tilt: Does a handstand with his tongue and slams into the opponent.
D-Tilt: Wipes his tongue on the ground slapping at the opponents feet.

Aerials
N-Air: Spins around in the air and whips the opponent.
F-Air: Simply jabs at the opponent with his tongue.
D-Air: Does a flip and fires a star down on top of his opponent.
U-Air: Jabs his tongue upward.
B-Air: Does a backflip and he slams into the opponent.

Smash Attacks
Foward Smash: Charges up his tongue and slaps his opponent with great force.
Down Smash: Spits a ball of dark matter at the ground causing an explosion.
Up Smash: Waves his tongue above him with great force.

Special Moves

Standard Special Move: Eat

Watch out it's Gooey's tongue! What Gooey basically does is he sticks his tongue out and grabs the opponent he then proceeds to pull them into his mouth and chew on them, think the Gulpin Pokeball if the opponent is bigger he will get bigger while chewing on them. I don't think Bob-Omb is good to eat so while he is trying to preform this attack and a Bob-Omb is around it's smart to throw it into his mouth if he is your opponent.

Side Special Move: Beam

This is Gooey's side special move Beam! Like the Beam Kirby ability Gooey shoots a Beam out of his mouth at the opponent... it's kind of like a beam whip the longer you charge it up the farther the whip will go.

Down Special Move: Spark

This is Gooey's down special move Spark! What Gooey does is create a barrier of electricity around him anyone that touches him will be given a little shock like Spark Kirby's ability. This barrier is also able to reflect projectiles oh yeah... the barrier also gets smaller after a while so yeah not fun it's like Bowsers Fire Breath.

Up Special Move: Dark Matter Flight
Gooey transforms into his flying form and flies. Strictly a recovery move, no damage dealt.

Grabs- Grabs the opponent with his tongue.
Pummel - Constricts the opponent with his tongue.
Foward Throw - Throws the opponent in front of him.
Back Throw - Spins opponent around and throws them behind him.
Down Throw - Throws the opponent on the ground.
Up Throw - Simply throws the opponent up.

Final Smash
Dark Matter Invasion
Description:Blobs of Dark Matter appear and attack opponents. Similar to Pit's Palutena's Army final smash.

Stage

Sand Canyon

Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNCT0dsUePc&feature=related[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star
What did you not like about the "vs Ridley" song?

The guitars were too muted, the percussion was drowned out by the back rhythm, and the song has that terrible "compressed" sound. It is just my example when I think of terrible arrangements in Brawl (second being HIS WORLD). The only real guitar/rock based songs I enjoy in Brawl are these song below.

Angel Island Zone
Fire Field
Mute City (Melee)

Everything else is too muted for my tastes. Overall Melee had better mastering of their arrangements than Brawl did. Perhaps this was due to how many songs were remixed and arranged? I'm not sure.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was referring to tracks within Brawl... >.>

And how the heck do you pose those songs and NOT list this one?!
http://youtu.be/xphkxxvNCZQ

Hmm. Maybe I should make a list of my favorite guitar/rock/metal based Nintendo songs?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here are just some of the songs I can think of at the moment.

F-Zero GX - Feel Our Pain (Fire Field)
F-Zero GX - Red Canyon
F-Zero GX - Billy
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Mute City
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Multi Man Melee 1
Super Smash Bros Melee - Metal Battle
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Angel Island Zone (yes I know I'm stretching it)
Xenoblade - Mechanical Rhythm
Xenoblade - Those Who Bear Their Name
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - We Will Prevail
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Supreme Logician
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies
Advance Wars : Dual Strike - Jess's Theme
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business (you know what part I am talking about)
Sin and Punishment - Blood Infactor
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Menu
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Anarchy [STAGE1_B BGM1]
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Saki [3STAGE_B]

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wait... in pokey means business, it actually did that guitar riff? on NES? wooow... now i really gotta play Mother 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom