• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm going to eventually post a full, complete script for an SSB4 opening cinematic that combines the Brawl and Melee themes into one as well as feature plenty of character appearances.

However, there are some franchises I am unfamiliar with and therefore cannot create or finish a "scene" for in the film. Therefore, I'm asking if you guys can help with the following.
  1. What is a good enemy robot for Ray MK to face in the script?
  2. Although I do have a Sin and Punishment scene in my script, it uses Isa and the ruined city from Star Successor. I'd prefer using Saki and a location (as well as enemies from that location) from the original Sin and Punishment. Can someone provide me with a good stage to show Saki in, as well as any enemies that stage features? Also, did Saki ride a hoverboard in his game?
  3. Can anyone give me an idea for a short Golden Sun segment in the script?
  4. Similarly, can anyone give me an idea for a Mother segment? Please note that the footage in the Melee opening for each character was small, so the Golden Sun and Mother segments would need to be short (I'm talking 2-4 seconds short), yet awesome enough to make you feel giggly inside like the fanboy you are.
I believe that's it. I've got almost everything else planned out. Thanks for your help.

Here's a segment of the script I'm writing.

[COLLAPSE=SSB4 Opening Cinematic Script]Melee Opening – 0:00 – 0:06
The screen dimly lights up (in a dark blue hue) and reveals a trophy display case (wood paneling, clear glass, 5 rows stacked). The camera zooms in. The case is empty but for one trophy in the center of the top row – Mario. The camera stops zooming in once Mario comes into clear view (only close enough that you can make out the Mario trophy).
Master Hand moves out in front of the screen from behind. He grabs the Mario trophy and takes it out, closing the case behind him. He turns with the Mario rophy in his hand and flies out behind the screen, the Mario trophy visibly right in front of the camera briefly. The now-empty trophy case lies alone

Musical Note: I used the opening lines of the Smashing… Live! version here as the opening lines are actually a slight remix of the original SSB opening lines in the oveture.

Melee Opening – 0:07 – 0:12
The camera changes to a zoomed-in shot of a dimly-lit empty space on a clear table-like surface. Master Hand approaches from behind the screen with the Mario trophy in his hand (the camera is zoomed in very close to Master Hand and the Mario trophy). He gently places the Mario trophy in the empty space. Master Hand tilts the bottom of the Mario trophy to make it face forward. He flies out behind the camera. The Mario trophy is clearly right in front of the camera.

Melee Opening – 0:12 – 0:16
Camera zooms out from the Mario trophy and gradually reveals an entire row of trophies in which Mario was positioned. The trophies in order from left to right are:

Luigi, Fox, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Ness, Jigglypuff

This row of trophies is dimly lit with a blue hue. Behind the trophies is complete darkness and shadow.

Melee Opening – 0:16 – 0:20
Image fades out to a black screen. The Nintendo and HAL Laboratory logos pop up – Nintendo on top, HAL at bottom.

The logos fade out.

Melee Opening – 0:21 – 0:26
The camera suddenly lights up with golden light. The shot has changed to a distant view of the first row of trophies at sky level. Light enters the room from a distant sunrise rising over mountain peaks. The light shines over the trophies, revealing they are located on a large rock island in a sea of water with the mountains and sun in the distance. (Think the setting of the first few seconds of the Brawl opening) There is a large distance between the location of the trophies and the shore of the island.

As the room lights up it reveals three more rows of trophies behind the first row. You see these trophies from the backside as with the first row.

Additional Note: The island in this opening segment would look something like this island here. The differences are that is longer, flatter, and the grass covering the island is sparse in numbers and hugs the ground (does not stick out like backyard grass).

Melee Opening – 0:26 – 0:29
The camera changes to a view in front of the trophies from roughly half the height of the distant mountain peaks and sunrise and about a basic suburban house distance away. From the front, the light now reveals the faces of the trophies in the back rows.

Melee Opening – 0:29
The camera suddenly zooms in on the Mario trophy as it emits a blue, firey aura around itself. (Think of the similar sequence in the Melee opening)

Melee Opening – 0:30
The screen turns black. Writing in the bottom-left corner; “All-Stars of Nintendo In”

Melee Opening – 0:31 – 0:33
Mario transforms as in the Melee opening. The camera is still focused on Mario, but is zoomed in on him than in the Melee opening. In the background and far sides, you can see the other characters transforming as well.

Melee Opening – 0:33 – 0:37
Mario is completely transformed from a trophy into a living being. The camera changes to a more zoomed-out position from a left angle, showing both Mario and the six closest trophies in his row (Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong) as they enter cool battle poses (imagine them as whatever you like). The camera slowly zooms out during his segment to show the rest of the trophies changing into battle poses.

Melee Opening – 0:37
A clawed foot stomps on the ground in front of the screen. Mario and his row of trophies are completely in battle poses now.

Melee Opening – 0:38 – 0:40
The camera quickly spins around 180 degrees to a right angle. The camera shows Bowser and a separate group of characters moving into battle positions. Visible in front of the camera showing off their battle poses are Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and Zoroark. This sequence is in slight slow-motion.

Melee Opening – 0:41 – 0:43
Camera changes angle to the space in-between the two groups of characters from the side of the original trophy row while at just slightly above the height of the heads of the larger character (Ganondorf, Ridley). Now the characters from each side dash to the opposing side and charge up their attacks. (for example, Mario jumps out with a fireball in the palm of his hand [similar to his forward smash] while Bowser prepares to swipe his claws at Mario). As they prepare to attack, the camera enters slow-motion (as in the Melee opening battle between Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu).

Brawl Theme – 0:05 – 0:06 (Vocals Only)

Audi famam…
The character are still about to attack and still moving in slow-motion, but a flash of light from the distance between the characters begins to flood the camera until all that can be seen is bright golden light.

Musical Note: Transition from Melee opening to Brawl theme and vocals.[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I agree with this statement, especially when the files are compressed. Texture quality also plays a factor in all of this as well.
Yeah, I mean I'm using BRAWL as a basis for this. I suppose it COULD have graphics equal to Brawl, but on such a small screen a lot of the detail wouldn't even be noticable I would think...?

Anyway, I'm going to count up stage data too I think. I can see the range is from 1 to NEARLY 5 MB in size for Brawl stages. Maybe I'll count items too, but surely those take up very little space. Of course MUSIC would take up a lot of space, especially with so much. I think trophies take up a lot of space too, if only because there are so many.

EDIT: WHOOPS. I've never seen an ISO in my life what are you talking about.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd take down that link if I were you. I don't know what exactly you linked to, but if it's an ISO, you'll get in trouble for that.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@oasis
People won't believe you until they see it. It doesn't natter what we say or the math we do

:phone:

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
[COLLAPSE=SSB4 Opening Cinematic Script]Melee Opening – 0:00 – 0:06
The screen dimly lights up (in a dark blue hue) and reveals a trophy display case (wood paneling, clear glass, 5 rows stacked). The camera zooms in. The case is empty but for one trophy in the center of the top row – Mario. The camera stops zooming in once Mario comes into clear view (only close enough that you can make out the Mario trophy).
Master Hand moves out in front of the screen from behind. He grabs the Mario trophy and takes it out, closing the case behind him. He turns with the Mario rophy in his hand and flies out behind the screen, the Mario trophy visibly right in front of the camera briefly. The now-empty trophy case lies alone

Musical Note: I used the opening lines of the Smashing… Live! version here as the opening lines are actually a slight remix of the original SSB opening lines in the oveture.

Melee Opening – 0:07 – 0:12
The camera changes to a zoomed-in shot of a dimly-lit empty space on a clear table-like surface. Master Hand approaches from behind the screen with the Mario trophy in his hand (the camera is zoomed in very close to Master Hand and the Mario trophy). He gently places the Mario trophy in the empty space. Master Hand tilts the bottom of the Mario trophy to make it face forward. He flies out behind the camera. The Mario trophy is clearly right in front of the camera.

Melee Opening – 0:12 – 0:16
Camera zooms out from the Mario trophy and gradually reveals an entire row of trophies in which Mario was positioned. The trophies in order from left to right are:

Luigi, Fox, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Ness, Jigglypuff

This row of trophies is dimly lit with a blue hue. Behind the trophies is complete darkness and shadow.

Melee Opening – 0:16 – 0:20
Image fades out to a black screen. The Nintendo and HAL Laboratory logos pop up – Nintendo on top, HAL at bottom.

The logos fade out.

Melee Opening – 0:21 – 0:26
The camera suddenly lights up with golden light. The shot has changed to a distant view of the first row of trophies at sky level. Light enters the room from a distant sunrise rising over mountain peaks. The light shines over the trophies, revealing they are located on a large rock island in a sea of water with the mountains and sun in the distance. (Think the setting of the first few seconds of the Brawl opening) There is a large distance between the location of the trophies and the shore of the island.

As the room lights up it reveals three more rows of trophies behind the first row. You see these trophies from the backside as with the first row.

Additional Note: The island in this opening segment would look something like this island here. The differences are that is longer, flatter, and the grass covering the island is sparse in numbers and hugs the ground (does not stick out like backyard grass).

Melee Opening – 0:26 – 0:29
The camera changes to a view in front of the trophies from roughly half the height of the distant mountain peaks and sunrise and about a basic suburban house distance away. From the front, the light now reveals the faces of the trophies in the back rows.

Melee Opening – 0:29
The camera suddenly zooms in on the Mario trophy as it emits a blue, firey aura around itself. (Think of the similar sequence in the Melee opening)

Melee Opening – 0:30
The screen turns black. Writing in the bottom-left corner; “All-Stars of Nintendo In”

Melee Opening – 0:31 – 0:33
Mario transforms as in the Melee opening. The camera is still focused on Mario, but is zoomed in on him than in the Melee opening. In the background and far sides, you can see the other characters transforming as well.

Melee Opening – 0:33 – 0:37
Mario is completely transformed from a trophy into a living being. The camera changes to a more zoomed-out position from a left angle, showing both Mario and the six closest trophies in his row (Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong) as they enter cool battle poses (imagine them as whatever you like). The camera slowly zooms out during his segment to show the rest of the trophies changing into battle poses.

Melee Opening – 0:37
A clawed foot stomps on the ground in front of the screen. Mario and his row of trophies are completely in battle poses now.

Melee Opening – 0:38 – 0:40
The camera quickly spins around 180 degrees to a right angle. The camera shows Bowser and a separate group of characters moving into battle positions. Visible in front of the camera showing off their battle poses are Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and Zoroark. This sequence is in slight slow-motion.

Melee Opening – 0:41 – 0:43
Camera changes angle to the space in-between the two groups of characters from the side of the original trophy row while at just slightly above the height of the heads of the larger character (Ganondorf, Ridley). Now the characters from each side dash to the opposing side and charge up their attacks. (for example, Mario jumps out with a fireball in the palm of his hand [similar to his forward smash] while Bowser prepares to swipe his claws at Mario). As they prepare to attack, the camera enters slow-motion (as in the Melee opening battle between Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu).

Brawl Theme – 0:05 – 0:06 (Vocals Only)

Audi famam…
The character are still about to attack and still moving in slow-motion, but a flash of light from the distance between the characters begins to flood the camera until all that can be seen is bright golden light.

Musical Note: Transition from Melee opening to Brawl theme and vocals.[/COLLAPSE]
Excellent!!!
It´s so legendary. I have just imagines it and your idea is AWESOME. I give it a 10 out of 10, but ¿Would the characters fight against their respective enemies? Like Mario vs Bowser, DK vs K.K. Rool, Samus vs Ridley, etc. Anyway, incredible idea.
THANKS A LOT.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For Isaac in a cinematic, I pictured him blocking some Medusa magic with an earth wall or something. Then proceeding to attack her, when suddenly Ridley comes in. Snapping his gigantic jaws at Isaac who can barely fend him off. When he gets the chance, Ridley blasts Isaac with a fiery/plasma ball from its mouth, and when he's about to snap his face with his jaws...

STAR PUNCH! Little Mac delivers a jaw-breaking uppercut to Ridley. He nods to Isaac, and starts bouncing up and down on his feet with his guard up...

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Well yeah, that was one idea I had.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I keep on thinking your avi is a joint with a gun.
Its worm from the iOS game bug heroes.

On topic: Did anyone like the roll call at the end of classic as opposed to the shoot the credits of the past two games. I hope they ditch the roll call

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All you guys wanting DLC are gonna be *****ing about it when it comes out.

And instead of DLC, do a Super Smash Brothers 4+ or something.
Not me now that I am no longer a poor high school student
(but a poor college student!)
:grin:

Seriously though, anything that adds to the game I will buy for a game I am this hyped about. The more faint of heart will complain, but not I! :)

Yeah, I mean I'm using BRAWL as a basis for this. I suppose it COULD have graphics equal to Brawl, but on such a small screen a lot of the detail wouldn't even be noticable I would think...?

Anyway, I'm going to count up stage data too I think. I can see the range is from 1 to NEARLY 5 MB in size for Brawl stages. Maybe I'll count items too, but surely those take up very little space. Of course MUSIC would take up a lot of space, especially with so much. I think trophies take up a lot of space too, if only because there are so many.
Woaw, only 5 mb? Yes! That makes rooms for MORE STAGES THAN YOUR BRAIN CAN HANDLE! Big stages, small stages, ugly stages, cute stages, moving stages, racing stages, plain stages, trick stages, LAVA STAGES! Bring back the Metal Mario stage! The Fight Porygon Battlefield stage! The race to the Finish! The original Final Destination! The SSE stages! Plus if they improve the stage builder, it could add even more epicness!!! (Peach’s Castle 64+Rainbow Ride/Cruise+Pirate Ship ftw!)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For DLC, I will approve it for this game, because that will mean a bigger roster. :D

For some reason I didn't approve it for MvC3, but I'd gladly fork over some extra cash for extra characters and stages. (Depending on the characters, at least)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not me now that I am no longer a poor high school student
(but a poor college student!)
:grin:

Seriously though, anything that adds to the game I will buy for a game I am this hyped about. The more faint of heart will complain, but not I! :)
Depth alone adds a lot to a game like this.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Excellent!!!
It´s so legendary. I have just imagines it and your idea is AWESOME. I give it a 10 out of 10, but ¿Would the characters fight against their respective enemies? Like Mario vs Bowser, DK vs K.K. Rool, Samus vs Ridley, etc. Anyway, incredible idea.
THANKS A LOT.
Thanks.

Regarding whether the characters fight their enemies... well, you'll see them about to do so in the script, but they don't get the chance too. You'll see.

For Isaac in a cinematic, I pictured him blocking some Medusa magic with an earth wall or something. Then proceeding to attack her, when suddenly Ridley comes in. Snapping his gigantic jaws at Isaac who can barely fend him off. When he gets the chance, Ridley blasts Isaac with a fiery/plasma ball from its mouth, and when he's about to snap his face with his jaws...

STAR PUNCH! Little Mac delivers a jaw-breaking uppercut to Ridley. He nods to Isaac, and starts bouncing up and down on his feet with his guard up...

[TO BE CONTINUED]

Well yeah, that was one idea I had.
Thank you. Even though I won't have Isaac battling Medusa (that's Pit's job), the magic wall idea can work. All I need is a Golden Sun villain now to cast the spell at Isaac. I'll look it up (probably on Wikipedia :p).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Thanks.

Regarding whether the characters fight their enemies... well, you'll see them about to do so in the script, but they don't get the chance too. You'll see.

Thank you. Even though I won't have Isaac battling Medusa (that's Pit's job), the magic wall idea can work. All I need is a Golden Sun villain now to cast the spell at Isaac. I'll look it up (probably on Wikipedia :p).
From the first two games there's:

-Minerva
-Saturos
-Agatio
-Karst
-Alex

Minerva and Saturos are my personal favorites. Agatio and Karst aren't too bad themselves. But Alex has appeared in both those games, so I guess you'll go with that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dammit you aren't supposed to say that! You ruined the big plot twist.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
DLC offers the chance for Nintendo to have temporary console exclusive characters, the ability to keep adding maps (imagine-every SSB64, Melee, and Brawl map! :psycho: That would make me soooooo happy), and the ability to make more money, improve online, and maybe even fix glitches (ie: the Meta Knight infinite cape glitch, various edge glitches that have been common in Melee and Brawl, TRIPPING!) It also would allow SSB 3DS to have the ability to save stuff on the system as well as the cartridge, allowing Nintendo to keep adding content on instead of being limited by the cartridge memory.

Not just can this make Nintendo more money, but it can allow them to not make a smash bros game for years to come, especially with two games. The only people who lose in this deal are people without money (or parents with money! :laugh:) for DLC.

Nintendo can wait for new ideas to come. Nintendo can take their time. If Nintendo can make two individual and unique games with awesome DLC, good online, competitive and casual friendly features, gameplay, and modes, and good character balance (w/ many playable stages for competitive play), then Nintendo won’t need to make another smash bros games until the end of their next console life (although revealing these two games is probably an indication that there will be 4-6 smash bros games from the time the time SSB Wii U and 3DS come up to a decade after that).

Also, the graphics from the demos look way better than the PS3’s on the Wii U. I hope it supports Blu Ray, and runs on Blu Ray discs instead of regular CDs. Really, the Wii U should be more powerful than any console that came out half a decade ago. There really is no excuse for it not to blow the PS3 out of the park. It should be the dawn of the eighth generation of gaming, instead of just another “usual” prolonged extension of the seventh generation of gaming.
I agree with everything, especially the stuff in bold, it definetly should happen, otherwise Nintendo and Sora could rob us of what could be the greatest Smash game in history.

As for Blu-Ray it's confirmed that it won't be able too play them, too bad though, I was hoping for it to at least play DVD's this time around. :/

READ THIS regarding Wii-U's disc.

All you guys wanting DLC are gonna be *****ing about it when it comes out.

And instead of DLC, do a Super Smash Brothers 4+ or something.
This isn't street Fighter Kuma. :reverse:

I doubt a second hard copy of Smash would be released, if anything, DLC would be the solution to this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Depth alone adds a lot to a game like this.
Yes, but having original, unique, and useful characters and playable and fun maps and modes adds depth as well. By why choose depth or characters when you can choose both with DLC? If you can choose both, it’s a win-win-win-win-win-WIN! DLC could allow the developers to focus on depth, then on extra characters, stages, and even features like certain online modes later.

It’s a win for the developers because they make the game faster, and have less pressure to add a lot of characters, stages, and content they left out, plus a lot they didn’t originally intend.

It’s a win for the casual players, because they get more fun wacky modes, items, crazy characters, ridiculous stages, and insane amount of content.

It’s a win for the competitive player, because the competitive play could be much deeper, and there could also be more characters with a lot more balance. (to heck with Meta Knight in Brawl status!)

It’s a win for the single-player specialist, because they will have all kinds of single-player modes to play, with all kinds of challenges, time trials, and records to beat.

It’s a win for the online player, because they could potentially have a Xbox Live/PSN minus getting hacked quality online where they could learn, become a better player, and compete in online tournaments, matchmaking, and just do just about anything they can offline with friends online with friends!

And lastly it’s a win for Nintendo, because they can increase the amount of online content they have, and could allow them to catch up with Sony and Microsoft, and really get a lot of people playing their Wii’s, instead of leaving them collecting dust because of lack of fun playing a game with people online adds!

While some of this stuff probably won’t happen, with what Nintendo aims to do and be with high quality online play and modes, actual modern-day graphics, and more user-friendly play, it all is definitely possible.

Was it really a plot twist? It was pretty much a cliffhanger from the 2nd game. Why wouldn't he appear? It's like saying Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi was a plot twist. :p
Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi was the plot twist!

I was being sarcastic.
What is this sarcasm you speak of? :confused:

@Omega
At least 25GB discs aren't that bad,although I think the Blu Ray 60GB would be preferred by everyone. At least it is better than the awful limitations the Wii discs had.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This isn't street Fighter Kuma. :reverse:

I doubt a second hard copy of Smash would be released, if anything, DLC would be the solution to this.
Well, let me explain why it could be a logical thing instead of releasing everything as DLC.

By doing an updated release, you can address issues that would not be solvable going off of just DLC as the issue may require you to redo your code entirely for a particular part of the game. A good example of this would be changes in the online play system. You can also introduce new mechanics that don't have to worry about conflicting with pre-existing code.

And then there are the things like characters, music, etc. Potentially speaking, you could be looking at a large amount of data for DLC, be it in one package or in multiple. Balance changes wouldn't be a problem, data wise though.

With Super Street Fighter 4, we saw these changes:

• Ten new characters
  • New Ultra Combos for every pre-existing character.
  • About five new stages.
  • Significant changes to the online system which included replays.
  • A rebalanced game.

And then this was all bundled up together as an updated hard copy release for only 40 dollars, 2/3 the price of the original game. Also, who the hell would want to buy, say, all the above changes as DLC and separately?

TL;DR A second hard release can change and add more than DLC.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kuma
Well see Capcom is known for whoring out money for stuff, and unlike Nintendo, they remake every friggen fighting game…twenty times. Nintendo isn’t Capcom. They aren’t gonna charge you 6 dollars for 3 different outfits for Chung Li. They also aren’t going to re-make a game they just made. It’s just not what they do. I imagine stuff like that will already be on the game or free. I think the only stuff that’ll cost money will be stages, items, characters, new single player features and modes, some new online features and other stuff that they’ll add possibly.

In other words, they build upon the game, not completely redo what they just did for several years in a few months.

On a random note I want to say I like the newer coin shooting thing, but I don’t mind the old shoot the credits. (personally, I’d like to see a picture of the people when you shoot their name, possibly with their faces on fire!) :laugh: Maybe they could have both, or have one for one single-player mode, the other for another single-player mode? Perhaps Nintendo could have one for SSB Wii U, one for SSB 3DS?

OmegaXXII

Ah! I never looked at it that way, if it means re-doing mechanics and re-balancing some broken character I guess it would make sense.

Speaking of that, are you saying updated patches wouldn't do anything significant to fix some major problems?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering how huge of a project Smash Bros. always is for Nintendo, you could HARDLY EXPECT them to bring together a big team just to put together a few characters for like $5 as DLC.

They're going to make it as good as they can, release it, and be done with it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And that's the most likely thing to happen, knowing Nintendo. They'll do a release and likely be done with it unless it's something on scale with SSF4 and that I can't see happening. Then again, we did get Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Omega
What Kuma says does fix the problem just like DLC does (assuming everyone uses the DLC, and the patching is free). The only downside of patching is if it costs money or if you can’t tell if someone has the latest patch when facing someone competitively. The downside of remaking the games is it splits the community, or it leaves those without the latest edition behind.

What Kuma says really does make sense (I would buy it either way, but I prefer DLC, especially when it’s free), but I don’t think Super Super Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS will happen, especially since there are two games they’d have to remake. Adding everything through DLC would be much easier for everyone IMO

@ Oasis
Remember, multiple companies that are a part of Nintendo are working on this alongside companies that aren’t a part of Nintendo, so they could always add stuff.

Really though, I don’t see them not patching glitches though. Like glitches like the Meta Knight Infinite Cape glitch. Nobody likes that stuff. They’re going to at least add patches, and maybe add retro maps. With that many companies working on the game, they’re clearly going to fix broken parts of the competitive game (not broken as in “Meta Knight dominates” broken, but broken as in unbeatable or something that is glitchy like edges on stages). Plus Nintendo wants to be taken as seriously with their online capabilities and content as Microsoft and Sony. SSB Wii U is their perfect chance to prove that-with DLC characters!

They’re not going to remake the game or anything like Capcom does with Street Fighter every 6 months to 2 years (at least not according to anything they’ve done so far), but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to tweak the games truly broken features and add stuff that the player wants.

Edit: I’d prefer a sequel like Kuma said viva la Super Mario Galaxy 2 with smash than a remake! Also, a free Melee Wii U remake with online, maybe more stages and modes, and Mewtwo with actual hitboxes would own, especially considering I am getting into fantasy “that isn’t going to happen” land. That is all.

LLDL

Smash Hero
If they give the smash series to capcom, it may actually be good. Capcom knows tight controls.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Things like Halo and Street Fighter and what not get DLC because they have teams dedicated to those games. Smash is a one time project for Nintendo, and when it's done, Sakurai ESPECIALLY is going to want to move on. I mean, he quit HAL because he didn't like being expected to work on sequels.

I mean, MAYBE Sakurai would be okay with leaving a few guys to handle balancing? We know he'll be getting help with that this time around. Maybe a couple post-release balance/fixes at best is what you should hope for.

Plus, a lot of DLC you see in smaller games already exists on the disc, you just have to pay to unlock it.

IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF DLC, it just seems to be much too much to hope for.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
DLC could allow Sakurai not to do sequels. It could add to the game to where a sequel is not needed or even requested by the fanbase for years. It literally could save him from making sequels, thus it would a part of his dream, while still giving the fans what they want.

Plus, c’mon! Who doesn’t have a couple SSB64/Melee/Brawl stage they’d love to see in future installments?

Also, I like smash the way it is, and not the way other fighting games are. I don’t want it to be Street Fighter. Why do that when we already have Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom vs. SNK, and eventually Capcom vs. everything else in the world that we haven’t *****d out yet.

OmegaXXII

@ Omega
What Kuma says does fix the problem just like DLC does (assuming everyone uses the DLC, and the patching is free). The only downside of patching is if it costs money or if you can’t tell if someone has the latest patch when facing someone competitively. The downside of remaking the games is it splits the community, or it leaves those without the latest edition behind.

What Kuma says really does make sense (I would buy it either way, but I prefer DLC, especially when it’s free), but I don’t think Super Super Smash Bros. Wii U or 3DS will happen, especially since there are two games they’d have to remake. Adding everything through DLC would be much easier for everyone IMO
Bottom line is, a second smash hardcopy really isn't worth it, knowing Nintendo, once they release it, it will be done and over with as far as marketing the game goes, the only thing Sora might concentrate on afterward would be to provide patch updates for fixing the latest glitches, and other extra downloadable stuff, seeing how PSN and XBoxLive already do it, I don't see why Nintendo shouldn't do it, it's time for them to leap into that direction as well, eventually they might catch on though.

Edit: I’d prefer a sequel like Kuma said viva la Super Mario Galaxy 2 with smash than a remake! Also, a free Melee Wii U remake with online, maybe more stages and modes, and Mewtwo with actual hitboxes would own, especially considering I am getting into fantasy “that isn’t going to happen” land. That is all.
Melee Wii-U with online would be awesome!! Just like MvC2 was released but it wouldn't exactly be a remake because then it will mess up what was the original Melee, I think it should be updated a bit with a few minor adjustments, such as extra stages and a character or two, nothing significant like a remake, just the online part.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Smash Bros. wasn't made to be like most other fighting titles though.
That's not what I meant. If capcom were to take ownership of the franchise, follow the same basic formula of how smash works, but create it with their own methods and physics programming, it would far surpass the last game we received.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@ Oasis
DLC could allow Sakurai not to do sequels. It could add to the game to where a sequel is not needed or even requested by the fanbase for years. It literally could save him from making sequels, thus it would a part of his dream, while still giving the fans what they want.
"Okay, you don't have to work on sequels, you have to work on the same game that you just released."

Really? Like that makes it ANY better at all from his perspective?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, I mean being able to like individual posts, and not having them on facebook.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Melee Wii-U with online would be awesome!! Just like MvC2 was released but it wouldn't exactly be a remake because then it will mess up what was the original Melee, I think it should be updated a bit with a few minor adjustments, such as extra stages and a character or two, nothing significant like a remake, just the online part.
Exactly! All they need to do is tweaks to weak characters, fix some glitches, add some maps, add some different colored outfits and alternate outfits, add some modes, maybe add a few characters, and add an awesome online that would make Melee fans proud! That way, you can know they buying the game! :laugh:

"Okay, you don't have to work on sequels, you have to work on the same game that you just released."

Really? Like that makes it ANY better at all from his perspective?
That’s a remake of a game that came out a decade ago, or 13 years ago by the time SSB Wii U comes out. All they need to do is fix minor edge errors, add online, maybe add a few modes, fix some character flaws with weak characters (Mewtwo, Pichu, etc), and maybe add a handful of characters or stages, and that’s it! It would feel like you’re making an improved version of something nostalgic, not totally changing something completely that you just finished.

Tell me, would you rather remake a six month old game by completely changing the balance, upgrading the graphics, adding new characters and maps with top of the line graphics or just do what I suggested with Melee and just fix a few issues, add a few characters with now crappy graphics, and maybe improve the lighting a tad?

D

Deleted member

@Sonic Poke in regards to Poke Ball: I would advise taking off Mewtwo and Lucario off the list. You may also want to consider taking Victini off, he has more of a chance of being playable then you think. Put Genesect in their instead.

As for your roster, once again, take off Waluigi, one of King K. Rool/Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Team Rocket, maybe Caeda, maybe Krystal, Ninten, Matthew, Andy, and Aisya. Put in Takamaru, Saki, Starfy, and Isaac.
JavaCroc said:
Popularity definitely comes into play when choosing a character: that's why a character like Tingle could be a bad choice, given his hate fanbase here in the U.S.

Hopefully the inevitable SSB4 poll that Sakurai creates will be worldwide this time.
As much I hate to say this, but Tingle's chances goes up considerably if it is Japan-exclusive, due to the fact that it seems as Japan loves Tingle. Beside, Sakurai needs to make the poll worldwide so that he gets everyone's opinion, which will contribute to a better roster overall.
Johnknight1 said:
Also, I thought nearly everyone agreed the 22 characters that were in Melee and Brawl were a shoe in for all future Smash Bros console games. I guess there are still those who believe Young/Toon Link and Falco are too similar to their counterparts (although both play completely different in Brawl, and will probably be even more so in future Smash Bros. game).
The only one that might not be considered a shoe-in is Jigglypuff. Even so, his chances are still very high.
Johnknight1 said:
Why would Nintendo have Mega Man.Exe in smash over the classic Mega Man? His series ended half a decade ago, and it wasn't that popular (says the fanboy who beat every game). Mega Man Starforce would, IMO, be terrible. Nearly every casual gamer knows only the classic Mega Man, and he's the run away most popular. It's a Nintendo game, and I'm pretty sure if Capcom wants to have some other Mega Man, Nintendo can sway them otherwise. They're the ones paying the bills after all. Star Force can be an AT or alterate outfit or something if they really want him.
That's why it is highly likely we get the Classic version, because it's the version mostly everyone wants.
PsychoIncarnate said:
The creator of the SMRPG flash video "Rawest Forest" has released a new version of it as his last flash

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/574257

I think this is related as it's another example of Geno being awesome
I would say this is better then the last one. I very much enjoyed this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom