• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Classic Controller isn't all that bad, besides Nintendo or a 3rd party manufacturer might come up with a solution to this, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, I'm guessing it would be a corded USB so no latency would occur.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
That's kind of like asking, "Why do we need Zelda and Ganondorf?" They're the main characters of the series. If Kid Icarus truely becomes majorly popular, why not add the major characters? Technically, they are "needed" in terms of importance.
You have made your point.

Zelda is so cheap.

Okay, is Dark Lord Gaol a better alternative than Magnus? Yes, yes he is.

[COLLAPSE="He IS."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Course I have no clue how important he is. I'm assuming, about the same as Magnus, so why not?

Medus > Palutena > Goal > Magnus . . . :)
He reminds me a lot of Nightmare - which is a good thing. He also has a Black Knight flair given his heavy armor.

Guessing by the image and nothing else, he uses magic?

A heavyweight, magic-wielding but slow behemoth (in Smash Bros. character terms) character... interesting...

Such a fun idea that was overlooked. Sad. If I had the time to play along I would. Sorry. :(
Well, I should have expected people to go ahead with character predictions anyways; I can't blame them for it, of course.

Nevertheless, here's my incomplete team choices (yes, you can have up to three people handling each aspect of the game based on my rules):

Stages: StarPhoenix, ---

Star is obvious. ---'s Dragon's Altar concept is good, and he seems to have some more basic concepts imagined in his head.

Items: MechaWave, Young Horsetail, Opossum

These people provided some great concepts in SSB4 item thread that could be fun when implemented.

Multi-Player: SmashChu

Only because everyone else suggest him and I don't know who I'd choose myself. :p

Online: Fatamonice, SSBFan, JohnKnight

He made Operation Connect. He's definitely got the talent to make Online happen. SSBFabn was one of the more active Operation Connect users and provided many ideas. JohnKnight likes DLC a lot, so might as well let him handle DLC.

Single-Player: Hextupleydoot, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy, Birthnote

I think this is self-explanatory.

Adventure Mode: Hextupleydoot, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy, Luco

Hex makes the story, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy makes the levels and bosses for the story. Luco has given some curious, humorous ideas for the Adventure Mode story that can mesh well with Hex's vision.

Music Selections: StarPhoenix, Luco, Young Horsetail

Considering his musical forte and the sheer number of songs in his stages, Star is the obvious choice. Luco also has some great musical selections. Young Horsetail provides some more unique songs from games like Legendary Starfy and For the Frog the Bell Tolls.

Fighting Mechanics: KumaOso, berserker01

Kuma is the obvious choice, but berserker, IMO, is also capable for the job.

Trophies & Stickers: Shortiecanbrawl

Shortie appears to be the type who could definitely write good, detailed descriptions for character trophies. I can't think on anyone else who could handle the job well enough. (other than me, of course :p)

Debug: xIblisx

xIblisx has shown through his "make Onett legal" efforts, among others, that he can work out the little tweaks and bugs in stages at least. This could apply to the game overall just as well.

And then of course, the hardest aspect of SSB4 to choose members for:

Playable Characters: Shortiecanbrawl, SSBFan, Chronobound

I want people with a wide range of opinions so that we get as little bias-based of a roster as possible. This selection doesn't achieve it well enough for me, but it's the best I can think of.

Also, just because I want these people involved too...

General Supervisors: Oasis_S, King Omasassekke, Arcadenik

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
True classic controller doesnt bother me much. BUT ANYWAYS if people were talking about about having the characters they want in the next smash i want:
Lilligant. If not then, have her as an alternate costume for peach? :D?

OmegaXXII

Here is my list:

Playable Characters: Super Smash Bros. Fan
Stages: Luco
Items: HextupleyooDOT
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.): xIblisx
Online: Fatmanonice
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.): nLim8d
Adventure Mode: JavaCroc
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.): Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
Music Selections: Starphoenix
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.): KumaOso
Debug: Berserker

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Day 100 of GameFAQs Rate Their Chances on Chrome and Liz is up!

I'm hoping this gets as much votes as possible. I want to see what others think of their chances.
While Chrome may be the latest lord. There is little that makes him stand out from the others that have preceded him.Chrome, as of now, looks to be nothing more than Ike 2.0 where the only difference between them is Chrome's black color scheme. Contrary to popular belief Chrome is more of a threat to Ike and has very little to do with Roy. Still, Chrome falls under the "expect but not really wanted" category right now alongside Zoroark. Choosing something expected but not wanted is always a poor choice.
Gnitouq-Er...

Just because a character is new does not mean they are the likeliest.

I'm honored.

Well, I do know a lot about competitive brawl like iblis....

HEY IBLIS. Snake should have a dash attack cancel f-tilt. LOL

Oh and umm... Air glide toss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm liking how I'm practically the go-to guy for gameplay.

Palutena and Medusa are not his babies, but he did not adopt them. Personally, I see Palutena and Medusa being luigi-fied clones of one another seeing as they both use staffs. Palutena will have "light" and Medusa will have "darkness". I think one of the two will be revealed as a playable character before the game is released, while the other will be a hidden character.
I was under the impression he more or less adopted Kid Icarus. He was the one that brought back Pit and Palutena in Brawl.

On Palutena and Medusa, there's nothing to suggest that they'd be semi-clones since they both use staffs. Considering these two are goddesses, there's room for creativity in their designs. Not only that, we don't exactly know what they're capable of. My guess, though, is that Uprising will give them more than enough material to work off of to make a faithful moveset.

And my guess is that if either has to be a default character, it'll be Palutena.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow except for my 1 stage concept I don't seem to be all that useful. :(

And as much as I would like to do my own list to get back, I could never. I'm just not that kind of guy.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow except for my 1 stage concept I don't seem to be all that useful. :(

And as much as I would like to do my own list to get back, I could never. I'm just not that kind of guy.
I had you jotted down as my stage designer. :)

Kuma - Triforce of Street Fighter
Berserker - Triforce of Brawl
Iblis - Triforce of both I guess

Oh and 1 hour left. HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You have made your point.

He reminds me a lot of Nightmare - which is a good thing. He also has a Black Knight flair given his heavy armor.

Guessing by the image and nothing else, he uses magic?

A heavyweight, magic-wielding but slow behemoth (in Smash Bros. character terms) character... interesting...

Well, I should have expected people to go ahead with character predictions anyways; I can't blame them for it, of course.

Nevertheless, here's my incomplete team choices (yes, you can have up to three people handling each aspect of the game based on my rules):

Stages: StarPhoenix, ---

Star is obvious. ---'s Dragon's Altar concept is good, and he seems to have some more basic concepts imagined in his head.

Items: MechaWave, Young Horsetail, Opossum

These people provided some great concepts in SSB4 item thread that could be fun when implemented.

Multi-Player: SmashChu

Only because everyone else suggest him and I don't know who I'd choose myself. :p

Online: Fatamonice, SSBFan, JohnKnight

He made Operation Connect. He's definitely got the talent to make Online happen. SSBFabn was one of the more active Operation Connect users and provided many ideas. JohnKnight likes DLC a lot, so might as well let him handle DLC.

Single-Player: Hextupleydoot, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy, Birthnote

I think this is self-explanatory.

Adventure Mode: Hextupleydoot, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy, Luco

Hex makes the story, Mario_&_Sonic_Guy makes the levels and bosses for the story. Luco has given some curious, humorous ideas for the Adventure Mode story that can mesh well with Hex's vision.

Music Selections: StarPhoenix, Luco, Young Horsetail

Considering his musical forte and the sheer number of songs in his stages, Star is the obvious choice. Luco also has some great musical selections. Young Horsetail provides some more unique songs from games like Legendary Starfy and For the Frog the Bell Tolls.

Fighting Mechanics: KumaOso, berserker01

Kuma is the obvious choice, but berserker, IMO, is also capable for the job.

Trophies & Stickers: Shortiecanbrawl

Shortie appears to be the type who could definitely write good, detailed descriptions for character trophies. I can't think on anyone else who could handle the job well enough. (other than me, of course :p)

Debug: xIblisx

xIblisx has shown through his "make Onett legal" efforts, among others, that he can work out the little tweaks and bugs in stages at least. This could apply to the game overall just as well.

And then of course, the hardest aspect of SSB4 to choose members for:

Playable Characters: Shortiecanbrawl, SSBFan, Chronobound

I want people with a wide range of opinions so that we get as little bias-based of a roster as possible. This selection doesn't achieve it well enough for me, but it's the best I can think of.

Also, just because I want these people involved too...

General Supervisors: Oasis_S, King Omasassekke, Arcadenik

I don't approve on Chrono and Shorite while i do approve on SSBFan because he is the least bias :).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Oh and 1 hour left. HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
Don't get your hopes up, Capcom isn't showing anything tonight. Nitsuma already said they are still working on Phoenix Wright's reveal trailer, and to wait a bit longer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

The whole point of the Triforce is that it's three separate entities. I almost want to say, Creator, Destroyer, Preserver, each one working together to give the next game a considerable revamp while maintaining a distinct identity.

The whole point of the Triforce is that it's three separate entities. I almost want to say, Creator, Destroyer, Preserver, each one working together to give the next game a considerable revamp while maintaining a distinct identity.
Lol wait. Who's the destroyer?

And once again 59 minutes
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

@Omega: Phoenix Wright reveal

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I don't think he's much of a threat to Ike. Ike has more thing going for his return then Roy did. Ike has an unique move set, is very popular among the Smash community (possibly even more then Roy in Melee), was the first recurring Lord to get two international releases (and one of the few recurring Lords in the series period), and most importantly, a starter. Roy had fame from Melee, is a popular request, and possibly bias from Sakurai, but since Ike was suggested (Sakurai just wanted a FE newcomer) to him and with how well Ike was received, I have a hard time imagining Ike being under much of a threat.

OmegaXXII

And once again 59 minutes
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

@Omega: Phoenix Wright reveal
Say what!!!!!'???

Why didn't you tell me of this derp? :mad:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@Starphoenix: I don't think he's much of a threat to Ike. Ike has more thing going for his return then Roy did. Ike has an unique move set, is very popular among the Smash community (possibly even more then Roy in Melee), was the first recurring Lord to get two international releases (and one of the few recurring Lords in the series period), and most importantly, a starter. Roy had fame from Melee, is a popular request, and possibly bias from Sakurai, but since Ike was suggested (Sakurai just wanted a FE newcomer) to him and with how well Ike was received, I have a hard time imagining Ike being under much of a threat.
I do agreed with you here SSBF you understand Ike while many don't :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We are going to disagree than. From what I have seen of Chrome he functions exactly as Ike does. I really do not see Chrome being playable anyways. I think the contenders will still be Ike and Roy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good question. I suppose it works like this. I'd be "creating" new mechanics while one person, the destroyer, keeps me from going overboard and I prevent that person from being too close-minded. The preserver would be the one to expand on current mechanics, possibly with new mechanics in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom