• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EUGH. Fine. Palutena's growing on me a bit. (Those silly glasses help)

I still think Medusa should have priority over her. Y'KNOW, got your hero, got your villain. PERFECT. But I wouldn't mind Palutena coming in third.

...Actually I HOPE she does. If anyone else come's in third then it'll be MAGNUS and that just CAN. NOT. BE.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Those moves are Zelda's gift to Link though? Right?. . .
Light Arrow is Zelda's gift to Link in OOT. Zelda used Light Arrow against Ganondorf in TWW and TP.

Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind are the gifts the Great Fairies gave to Link in OOT. Though in my opinion, Din's Fire slightly resembles the Fire spell in Zelda II.

In short, Light Arrow and the Sheik transformation are Zelda's only original moves in Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Light Arrow is Zelda's gift to Link in OOT. Zelda used Light Arrow against Ganondorf in TWW and TP.

Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind are the gifts the Great Fairies gave to Link in OOT. Though in my opinion, Din's Fire slightly resembles the Fire spell in Zelda II.

In short, Light Arrow and the Sheik transformation are Zelda's only original moves in Brawl.
Zelda is so cheap.

Okay, is Dark Lord Gaol a better alternative than Magnus? Yes, yes he is.

[COLLAPSE="He IS."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Course I have no clue how important he is. I'm assuming, about the same as Magnus, so why not?

Medus > Palutena > Goal > Magnus . . . :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can see it happening, but my question is if we really need all three characters. I'm all for Medusa and Palutena would be fine, but I don't see why we need both for SSB4. Medusa it seems to me would fill all the potential Palutena has for a playable character and more. Prediction-wise, though, it's absolutely a decent chance that we get three KI reps in SSB4.

Here's a question I've wanted to ask users here. I have a feeling that it could turn out... bad, but I think everyone can handle this perfectly.

You are the supervising producer of Smash Brothers 4. You are selecting team members for your SSB4 development team. Your selection of team members should include common SSB4 thread users of this thread or GameFaqs threads or wherever. You will assign team members by aspects of the game. The aspects of the game each employee or group of employees can handle are:

Playable Characters
Stages
Items
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.)
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.)
Adventure Mode
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.)
Music Selections
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.)
Debug

This is assuming the people you choose have sufficient programming ability and work ethics, and that your members will be able to agree on the various matters of SSB4 in the end.

You can select one team member for up to two jobs, and you have a maximum of three employees working on each aspect of the game.

There is one twist to this question, though:
You are not involved in whatever decisions these team members make regarding Smash Brothers 4, and you have no control over the game's outcome yourself. Your game would be determined not by you, but by your team members.

Choose you team members carefully: they are deciding the final game, not you.
Such a fun idea that was overlooked. Sad. If I had the time to play along I would. Sorry. :(

As for the two Kid Icarus characters discussion. It would also give us two new females. Which, for those that this matters to, will probably please some.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EUGH. Fine. Palutena's growing on me a bit. (Those silly glasses help)
Someone likes my avatar. :awesome:

Anyway either Palutena or Medusa would work for me.

Although you can guess who I support more. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Playable Characters: Me. If I can't choose myself, I would give it to SSBF
Stages: Starpheonix. But he better frucking keep my burned tower idea.
Items: Hex has that covered
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.): Smashchu, you take this.
Online: Fatmanonice
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.): Birthnote, for sure.
Adventure Mode: Javacroc, you like this stuff don't you?
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.): Omega :awesome:
Music Selections: Luco knows a decent amount.
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.): KUMAOSO
Debug: . . . Iblis or however you spell his name.
Eye Candy: Oasis

I would add more, BUT I GOTTA GO!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree with those points quite good.

They should NEVER be clones of each other, heck might as well add both Ike and Chrome since there bound to be "clones" anyway.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Managed to whip it together quickly.

Playable Characters: SuperSmashBrosFan
Stages: ---
Items: HextupleOOdot
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.): Smashchu
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.): Birthnote
Adventure Mode: Javacroc
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.): Shorticanbrawl
Music Selections: Luco
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.): KumaOso
Debug: Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^ What is that suppose to be for?

I think it's a game Java came up with.

But from what I can tell so far it would seem I'm useless. :p

EDIT: Never mind, thanks Star!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So wait what are you guys making some kind of game? I feel lost right now

Java made a game about who you would put in charge of certain areas of SSB4 a page or 2 ago.

What? I figured you would be good at making all of the extras? It isn't as bad as you'd think. Goodness knows we could use a little more accuracy in our trophies...
Speaking of Trophies has anyone seen this site?

http://ikusaba.nomaki.jp/gallery/top.htm

It has some pretty good ideas for trophies I think.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Game cube controller. With out it peach cant float near the ground :(
Wow you really like floating. lol

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much, chances are most people will just end up using the Classic controller. Or even if that doesn't work then we always have 3rd parties to count on taking advantage of the sure demand for GCC's.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Of course they look at what western gamers want. I mean, America is probably the second to Japan in terms of how many Pokemon fans/players the country has.

Victini is a pretty American Pokemon IMO. He reminds me of the 4th of July. They must have looked at western culture for some inspiration, at least for Victini.
Never really saw Victini as an American-like Pokemon, but it is interesting that it is being referred as such. I'm pretty sure at this rate that both Zoroark and Victini will be considered for playable status; the question is, which one will get in?
King Omasassekke said:
So does this mean because Unova is western based that Sakurai might determine Zoroark more since he is more favored in Japan?
Not even close. Sakurai and the Pokemon Company have a hard time agreeing on Pokemon Company and they certainly play a role.

I am willing to bet that for Smash, the Pokemon Company will look at what people want out of a 5th gen rep and possibly others worldwide. In America, Zoroark and Victini are popular choices for playable characters. Unless Genesect or Meloetta shows up soon, I don't think Sakurai will be looking for other 5th gen reps.

Also, I'm not sure about Zoroark being more favored in Japan. He seems to be more "expected" then "wanted" in Japan. He is mentioned more, but as a Lucario replacement, which doesn't exactly make you a newcomer people want to see; especially when you have Mewtwo as one of the most requested characters for SSB4.

But overall, I feel as the Pokemon Company will look towards the west for potential 5th gen newcomers. Zoroark has the problem of being "expected" and "unwanted" in Japan and Victini is not mentioned much there, so it would make the choices difficult. Here is what the real battle between 5th gen reps will be fought and how popular these two are may very well decide our rep for this game.
"Opelucid said:
The Victini movie getting revealed in America definitely raises his chances quite a bit
I think the Victini movies being released in America slightly increasing its chances has more to do with it being released earlier then usual then it coming out. Nevertheless, I have a good feeling about this.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Well I figure, Mewtwo's big thing was his event. He could play a role in Gray though.
If that does happen, then I would think he has a good shot of making it.
I'm going to be honest... I know he's not popular enough to represent the 5th gen but this guy would be an awesome playable character

Seriously a super fast heavy weight would be badass
I would love to see Bipedal in Smash. It's too bad that he's almost certainly never getting in.
Johnknight1 said:
But really, aren't Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and the Pokémon Trainer practically confirmed for all future smash bros games? Smash would be lamer without them (although stamina needs to die, and Jiggz needs to stop being lame like it was in Brawl), along with a 5th Generation Pokémon of some sort. Lucario and Mewtwo seem very likely, and a 3rd generation Pokémon isn't that crazy.
Sadly, I don't think we're getting a 3rd gen rep unless a remake is announced before E3 2012. But it surely would be awesome to finally some proper reps in form of playable characters and stages.
King Omasassekke said:
And that's the day I abandon this thread.
Why so? ToiseofChoice is awesome.
ChronoBound said:
I am getting the feeling lately that not only is one Kid Icarus newcomer a sure bet, but we may even get a third playable character.

The three playable characters for the series would be Pit, Palutena, and Medusa.
You have a good point there. Kid Icarus and Pokemon are the only two existing series I see getting two newcomers in this game with the former being more likely. Both Medusa and Palutena are likely to show up as playable characters and every game has had at least one series get two or more newcomers and I wouldn't put it past this game to do the same. Heck, I can see both Pokemon and Kid Icarus get two newcomers (Mewtwo doesn't count due to vet status).
ChronoBound said:
alutena and Medusa are not his babies, but he did not adopt them. Personally, I see Palutena and Medusa being luigi-fied clones of one another seeing as they both use staffs. Palutena will have "light" and Medusa will have "darkness". I think one of the two will be revealed as a playable character before the game is released, while the other will be a hidden character.
I don't think he wants to have Medusa and Palutena be "semi-clones". This is his game that he is majorly advertising and I don't think he wants to make three Kid Icarus reps a bad thing; especially when there are people who oppose even one newcomer for Kid Icarus.
Arcadenik said:
But of course, the majority went with Medusa and Magnus because "Medusa is a twofer token minority, that is, she is a female and a villain" and "Palutena would be a clone of Medusa so I am supporting Magnus even though Palutena is more important than Magnus".
Why people support the trash that is Magnus I will never know. Out of all the popular choices I've seen, I consider him the most undeserving.

D

Deleted member

Playable Characters: ChronoBound
Stages: Starphoenix
Items: HextupleyooDOT
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.): SmashChu
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.): Birthnote
Adventure Mode: JavaCroc
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.): Pieman0920
Music Selections: Luco
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.): KumaOso
Debug: xIblsx

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Wow you really like floating. lol

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much, chances are most people will just end up using the Classic controller. Or even if that doesn't work then we always have 3rd parties to count on taking advantage of the sure demand for GCC's.
That's true. Its gonna be hard to adapt to different controllers though. I:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom