• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We are going to disagree than. From what I have seen of Chrome he functions exactly as Ike does. I really do not see Chrome being playable anyways. I think the contenders will still be Ike and Roy.
I really hope this is the case, I'd rather see both Ike and Roy than just Chrome himself.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
We are going to disagree than. From what I have seen of Chrome he functions exactly as Ike does. I really do not see Chrome being playable anyways. I think the contenders will still be Ike and Roy.
As a dedicated Ike fan I have to admit that chrome i just a neater and noble version of Ike. but Ike serve as a moral in Fire Emblem world not only nobles are heroes.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As a dedicated Ike fan I have to admit that chrome i just a neater and noble version of Ike. but Ike serve as a moral in Fire Emblem world not only nobles are heroes.
I don't have any emotional attachment to the Fire Emblem characters. I like Ike becuase he is one of my mains, but if Chrome can replicate his playstyle I won't care either way what happens. Roy would be interesting if they could rework him while utilizing more of the fire aspect of his sword of seals. Still, at the end of the day the only swordsman I truly play with is Marth, and he is not going anywhere.

OmegaXXII

I'd like to see Chrome but not take Ike moveset at all, I'd rather see him totally unique, even if Ike doesn't show, if he is like Ike then the developers are lazy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
No this is whats gonna happen with the phoenix wright revealing.
------
Sorry guys phoenix wright won't be shown until next mon-

OBJECTION!

BABAM SURPRISE PHOENIX WRIGHT TRAILER!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, that looks interesting, I would like it, also pieman mentioned that Cheome and Liz could possibly a duo based from their game.

That would be interesting, although I wish people would remember that I brought the shield idea up the other day. :glare

We also can't forget skills which were shown to be used in his game. So chances are he may get his own signature move like Ike's Aether.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I never said Chrome was a hero. Just that his playstyle reminded me of that of a hero class character.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That would be interesting, although I wish people would remember that I brought this idea up the other day. :glare:

We also can't forget skills which were shown to be used in his game. So chances are he may get his own signature move like Ike's Aether.
There's actually a chance that he might get Aether...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow,that sticks stuck way up there.

Seriously though dood. Don't be such a hardass~
Ya don't care about a half-***** game but your talking about smash. A game full of clones, horrible balancing, and tripping. Just saiyan.

Really. Don't be so anal retentive. To each there own ya know?

OmegaXXII

atleast I don't give a **** about a half-***** game from an half-***** company. people can't admit that MvC 3 is a downgrade fomr MvC 2... poor things.
Lol, have you heard about Ultimate MvC3 coming out soon? It's an updated version but from what I hear Megaman still is missing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There's actually a chance that he might get Aether...
Well if he does then as far as I can tell the creators would be pretty lazy.

But it would at least raise Ike's chances for staying in. I mean replacing him with a character with the same moveset? Not even Sakurai is not that lazy with his clones.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't think Chrome should ever get Aether, that is Ike's specific sole move, god why do they want to treat Ike like Mewtwo was to Lucario?

Aether isn't Ike specific move it's actually the Mastry skill for Heroes/Vanguards but Ike was the only playable Hero/Vanguard in his games so it was his signature move.

OmegaXXII

Well if he does then as far as I can tell the creators would be pretty lazy.

But it would at least raise Ike's chances for staying in. I mean replacing him with a character with the same moveset? Not even Sakurai is not that lazy with his clones.
Which is why I believe Ike should stay, they shouldn't be clones just because of a trailer that makes them look similar, the the game first so one can truly know if he's really identical to Ike or not.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Wasn't ikes game unpopular or something? =3=

He was like the FE equivalent of lucario. Newest game = free pass to smash.
The first game for Ike was on the GC and it was at the end of it's life-cycle so it didn't sell well and it had alot of poor adveritsement and the second game for Ike was the hardest game in Fire Emblem history.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wasn't ikes game unpopular or something? =3=

He was like the FE equivalent of lucario. Newest game = free pass to smash.
Path of Radiance (FE9) was the poorest selling Fire Emblem game in the entire series in Japan. The only two games that Radiant Dawn (FE10) outsold were Path of Radiance and Thracia 776. Path of Radiance, Thracia 776, and Radiant Dawn are the only games in the Fire Emblem series to have sold less than 200K in Japan.

OmegaXXII

So question. Does that mean he'll show up in brawl instead?
Or does capcom hate him now. :V
I hope so, Capcom may be pulling a publicity stunt in order to rack up more hype about Megaman, I hope that's the case, otherwise if the rumors are true then we might see Ryu in instead which would confirm that Capcom wants no invlovement with Megaman whatsoever, as of now though, I don't think he's being ignored completly at all.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I hope so, Capcom may be pulling a publicity stunt in order to rack up more hype about Megaman, I hope that's the case, otherwise if the rumors are true then we might see Ryu in instead which would confirm that Capcom wants no invlovement with Megaman whatsoever, as of now though, I don't think he's being ignored completly at all.

Ryu will become a Mario clone :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
the second game for Ike was the hardest game in Fire Emblem history.
WHAT?!

Are you actually serious?

You do know that there is a particular FE game that is NOTORIOUS for its absurd difficulty.

(HINT: my avatar is a scene from the intro to THAT game)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
WHAT?!

You do know that there is a particular FE game that is NOTORIOUS for its absurd difficulty.

Yeah I agree, FE5 is WAY harder.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
WHAT?!

Well did you play the japanese version there is a mode called maniac mode or something but yea I tried Thrachia 776 and it wasn't easy at all .

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I like hard games though. :>

hmmm anywho.
I want ike to be in just because...well he has more fans from smash then his own games. His game may have tanked, but hey "we like ike" :D Like most people that get into smash, they get a fanbase.

Ryu will be a clone thats better then the original. We should just take out mario. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom