• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, what to discuss, hmm...I wonder what kind of stage would be from FE13? I know it's still early but I believe there will definetly a stage or something based from it at least, aside from music of course.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What's up with the avi? :awesome:

It's from the new KI Uprising Trailer from TGS.

She was talking to Pit about whatever those Trading Cards were for and she broke out in a nerdgasm. :laugh:

I thought it was hilarious since she normally acts quite and eligant.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, what to discuss, hmm...I wonder what kind of stage would be from FE13? I know it's still early but I believe there will definetly a stage or something based from it at least, aside from music of course.

Moving back on Omega's topic.

Personally I don't think we may see a FE13 stage just yet, it really all depends on Chrome and if Castle Siege already takes from his game.

Personally I think it does, plus there are a lot better Stages choices to be chosen from Marth's games and not just the Dragon's Altar.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Moving back on Omega's topic.

Personally I don't think we may see a FE13 stage just yet, it really all depends on Chrome and if Castle Siege already takes from his game.

Personally I think it does, plus there are a lot better Stages choices to be chosen from Marth's games and not just the Dragon's Altar.
BTW it might take 3-4 years to develop smash...which mean there might be a newer Fire Emblem ....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
BTW it might take 3-4 years to develop smash...which mean there might be a newer Fire Emblem ....
Agreed. But if development started recently chances are Sakurai already has taken ideas from Marth's remakes.

Plus I find his games to have plenty of stage options:

Akaneia
Fane of Raman
Ice Dragon Temple
Doluna
Ect.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, but even if a newer Fire Emblem were to emerge I doubt we would get any content from it aside from music, remember RD came out before Brawl was completed, yet we only got songs based from it, no actual content, I'd say a Shadow Dragon or Radiant Dawn stage is very likely to happen.

Steam

Smash Hero
so I heard mewtwo got his face on something. We'll have to see if it ammounts to something when the thingy actually happens.

OmegaXXII

Agreed. But if development started recently chances are Sakurai already has taken ideas from Marth's remakes.

Plus I find his games to have plenty of stage options:

Akaneia
Fane of Raman
Ice Dragon Temple
Doluna

Ect.
I imagine those are forest/castles of sorts?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I imagine those are forest/castles of sorts?

Sort of.

Akaneia - Castle/Battle Ground

Fane of Raman - Temple

Ice Dragon Temple - Temple :awesome:

Doluna - Battle Ground/Dungeon

Dragon's Altar - FE Version of Spear Pillar

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What? I figured you would be good at making all of the extras? It isn't as bad as you'd think. Goodness knows we could use a little more accuracy in our trophies...
I was being serious. I hated Brawl's trophies. I would make them better.

Trophies & Stickers: Shortiecanbrawl

Shortie appears to be the type who could definitely write good, detailed descriptions for character trophies. I can't think on anyone else who could handle the job well enough. (other than me, of course )
Playable Characters: Shortiecanbrawl, SSBFan, Chronobound

I want people with a wide range of opinions so that we get as little bias-based of a roster as possible. This selection doesn't achieve it well enough for me, but it's the best I can think of.
Lol. This would be such an interesting month of character selection, or however long it would take. All three of us just have, very, VERY different ways of coming about how we pick our characters. Needless to say, the choices would be good, I think. Having three people is a good idea because I know on a few subjects, me and SSBF just don't see eye to eye, so a third person would be a great choice.

OmegaXXII

Sort of.

Akaneia - Castle/Battle Ground

Fane of Raman - Temple

Ice Dragon Temple - Temple :awesome:

Doluna - Battle Ground/Dungeon

Dragon's Altar - FE Version of Spear Pillar
Personally, all I want is Castle Siege and another FE stage, I'm really not too picky about them, just as long as the scenery is nice, thank goodness Smash 4 will finally be in HD. :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally, all I want is Castle Siege and another FE stage, I'm really not too picky about them, just as long as the scenery is nice, thank goodness Smash 4 will finally be in HD. :D

Agreed, HD is awesome.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lucario fans: How would you feel if he got the "Pokemon Trainer" treatment?

Pokemon Champion Cynthia: Lucario, Milotic, Garchomp

Each of her Pokemon could have a specific type of gameplay. Milotic could be defensive (Ice Beam, Mirror coat), Lucario could be how he is in brawl, and Garchomp could be a rush character. (Think Giga Impact and dragon rush)

How would you feel if you saw this in SSB4?

D

Deleted member

Lucario fans: How would you feel if he got the "Pokemon Trainer" treatment?

Pokemon Champion Cynthia: Lucario, Milotic, Garchomp

Each of her Pokemon could have a specific type of gameplay. Milotic could be defensive (Ice Beam, Mirror coat), Lucario could be how he is in brawl, and Garchomp could be a rush character. (Think Giga Impact and dragon rush)

How would you feel if you saw this in SSB4?
I would be very happy with this, if only because Lucario returns. I've seen this suggested a few times and I kind of like it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm a Lucario fan (at least in smash; I don't like his type in Pokémon, but at least he's not totally broken)... and a Mewtwo fan (smash and Pokémon, but I hated how broken he was in Gen 1)... and a fan of lollipops! :grin:

Seriously though, there's no way I see a new Pokémon Trainer. The current Pokémon Trainer is the best, since the 1st gen is the best, original, and the one that deserves such reps. I mean c'mon-the games, the shows, the mangas-all of it is based on Red, who is the Pokémon Trainer.

No way Sakurai would make one character that is actually three characters that is exactly the same. Did he ever make two Ice Climber-esk characters? No. Unless Sakurai breaks his trend and makes 3 original characters with a heavily borrowed idea, that isn't going to happen.

Also, you guys posted about 200 posts in 5 hours. Woawsers!!! o.O

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I seriously doubt there are any Lucario fans here.
I am! And no I'd rather not see him to end up like that.

Just be happy it's me though and not Stream saying this. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I seriously doubt there are any Lucario fans here.
Meh. I was just trying to figure out who was the most constant character in the Pokemon series. And Cynthia seems to have connections in Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova. SOOO, I was wondering how people felt about her. She's a better version of Lance and Steven.

Just be happy it's me though and not Stream saying this. :awesome:
Like urination? Steam doesn't scare anyone.

1st gen is the best, original, and the one that deserves such reps. I mean c'mon-the games, the shows, the mangas-all of it is based on Red, who is the Pokémon Trainer.
Two is enough. The first series started it all, but the rest of the series are keeping it alive. The game has evolved so much since Red. The Pokemon you've come to know and love, may have started with the first generation, but it would never be as depthy as it is without the rest of the generations.

I can argue about why the first Generation is all hype, but I would rather not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Urination? WTF? Who brought that up?

Anyway I ment that Steam would instantly flame this idea.
You called him Stream.

And yeah, but that's what you've come to expect from him.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You called him Stream.

And yeah, but that's what you've come to expect from him.
My Bad. :awesome:

Oh well I don't have much respect for him anyway. I once tried to back him up in a Pokemon disscusion and ended up being flamed by him for no reason.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

and I wouldn't care if lucario ended up with PT. wouldn't make any sense to throw in a gen 4 PT at this point though.
Neither would making a fighting game have an extensive POS storymode, and giving it terrible balancing.

But it happened.

Steam

Smash Hero
I also don't know why everyone thinks I'm a completely unreasonable person :/

and people need to understand the difference between disagreeing a flaming. lol.

@shortie- they balanced it for casual play, not competitive play.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The first gen has all the hype because it had the most original Pokémon, the great nostalgia of being the beginning of the great franchise, some of the simplest Pokémon (most were fairly simple), and it had probably the most diverse Pokémon range without anyone looking totally overdone.

Seriously, we had plant-beings, lizards, chameleons, lizards, turtles, tortoises, bugs, butterflies, wasps, birds, giant puddles of muk, fishes, dragons, water/sea dragons, seals, the original being, the first ever clone, legendary birds, lazy ball of lazy awesomeness (or as I call it, Americans!), :laugh: stereotypes (jynx), ducks, balls, mouses, rats, sea horses, etc.

All the generations now have totally overdone Pokémon.

Plus I don't see a logically way of how a 2nd PT could make it, or what it would add to smash bros. Think about it: We'd have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, the first PT, and a second PT. That's 8 reps, plus probably a 5th gen rep, Lucario and/or Mewtwo and/or a 3rd gen rep. That's 10-12 reps. That's way too many.

Keep it in the 8 range, and keep just one PT. That opens the door for more Pokémon.
8 Pokémon gets you:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. The Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
4. The Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
5. The Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
6. A 5th Generation Representative
7. Lucario/Mewtwo
8. Lucario/Mewtwo/Pichu (for the lulz)/a 3rd Generation Rep

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The first gen has all the hype because it had the most original Pokémon, the great nostalgia of being the beginning of the great franchise, some of the simplest Pokémon (most were fairly simple), and it had probably the most diverse Pokémon range without anyone looking totally overdone.

Seriously, we had plant-beings, lizards, chameleons, lizards, turtles, tortoises, bugs, butterflies, wasps, birds, giant puddles of muk, fishes, dragons, water/sea dragons, seals, the original being, the first ever clone, legendary birds, lazy ball of lazy awesomeness (or as I call it, Americans!), :laugh: stereotypes (jynx), ducks, balls, mouses, rats, sea horses, etc.

All the generations now have totally overdone Pokémon.

Plus I don't see a logically way of how a 2nd PT could make it, or what it would add to smash bros. Think about it: We'd have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, the first PT, and a second PT. That's 8 reps, plus probably a 5th gen rep, Lucario and/or Mewtwo and/or a 3rd gen rep. That's 10-12 reps. That's way too many.

Keep it in the 8 range, and keep just one PT. That opens the door for more Pokémon.
8 Pokémon gets you:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. The Pokémon Trainer's Squirtle
4. The Pokémon Trainer's Ivysaur
5. The Pokémon Trainer's Charizard
6. A 5th Generation Representative
7. Lucario/Mewtwo
8. Lucario/Mewtwo/Pichu (for the lulz)/a 3rd Generation Rep
How the hell did you know an original from none-original pokemon ?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Steam
Sakurai balances it for everyone. He has stated he wants the game to be fair for all, and he's actually going to allow staff members to help him balance this game; he balanced the previous 3 mostly, if not entirely, by himself. o.O

So in other words, all those people who are hardcore tournament goersw who are calling him competitively anti-competitiveness... should be bowing to him and thanking him! :laugh:

Seriously, Sakurai cult statute for the WINN!!!!!! We need a sacred Sakurai religion cult dance. I vote line dancing mixed with whatever embarrassing dancing your father does! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And another Pokemon debate begins yet again. lol

So it seems like a good time to bring this up again.

But how would people like Red to use Charizard, Mewtwo, and Deoxys like he does in the manga?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But how would people like Red to use Charizard, Mewtwo, and Deoxys like he does in the manga?
I'm a game purist, so I would take a pass. . . But I like all of them seperately/Charizard with his buddies.

Genesect, because bug is my favorite type
I love bug Pokemon. Genesect wins because he has the head of the gods.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh well it would help some problems with slots and the representation of generations.

Also I just looked and Victini's movie will be shown in theaters for the 1st time since the Pokemon Heroes; 9 movies ago. So this will definitely get SSBF excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom