• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I like the PK teleport idea, I'm guessing less laggy than Zelda's or Mewtwo's? Would it have any special property or is it just a simple teleportation move?

:phone:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I would want PK Teleport less laggy than Zelda's and also almost as quick as Mewtwo's. He would also have an explosive hitbox when he reappears. The only difference between his and Zelda's is that his hitbox has more range and has slightly more knockback.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
So....what was it, about SSB4 lol...?
Yeah. I'm playing as Mario and I try to use his Down+B special, but I tilt the control stick down diagonally and I see Mario transform... into Dr. Mario! I use Down+B, and it's the Dr. Tornado move. So, I use diagonal Down+B, and he turns back into Mario.

Weird, huh?

OmegaXXII

Haha, Mario having a Dr. Mario transformation? I've never heard of such a thing, I would however like to see his Tornado back rather than F.L.U.U.D, I never really liked that move at all, also Luigi should have his Poltegust Vacuum move.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Haha, Mario having a Dr. Mario transformation? I've never heard of such a thing, I would however like to see his Tornado back rather than F.L.U.U.D, I never really liked that move at all, also Luigi should have his Poltegust Vacuum move.

Yeah I totally agree, buff Mario, nerf Luigi. lol

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Mario having a Dr. Mario transformation? I've never heard of such a thing, I would however like to see his Tornado back rather than F.L.U.D.D, I never really liked that move at all, also Luigi should have his Poltergust Vacuum move.

Well, technically, Mario's tornado attack never left. It was just placed as his downward aerial attack in Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lolol@Shortie

Y'KNOW. It's too bad you couldn't tap A to continue rising up in the air with Mario's D-air. HOW CAN IT BE SAID TO TRULY HAVE BEEN REPLACED?!

Though I guess that would lead to a lot of N-airs being used on accident afterward. :V

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am getting the feeling lately that not only is one Kid Icarus newcomer a sure bet, but we may even get a third playable character.

The three playable characters for the series would be Pit, Palutena, and Medusa.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am getting the feeling lately that not only is one Kid Icarus newcomer a sure bet, but we may even get a third playable character.

The three playable characters for the series would be Pit, Palutena, and Medusa.
He's gaining a lot of momentum. I didn't realize it until I saw some art for his anime, and realized "This is actually happening!". Plus, his game has been delayed so much, we can only assume it's because they're trying to better the game.

I could see all three of them playable as well. But do you think Palutena and Medusa will be unique? I suppose Sakurai wouldn't let his babies be clones.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He's gaining a lot of momentum. I didn't realize it until I saw some art for his anime, and realized "This is actually happening!". Plus, his game has been delayed so much, we can only assume it's because they're trying to better the game.

I could see all three of them playable as well. But do you think Palutena and Medusa will be unique? I suppose Sakurai wouldn't let his babies be clones.
Palutena and Medusa are not his babies, but he did not adopt them. Personally, I see Palutena and Medusa being luigi-fied clones of one another seeing as they both use staffs. Palutena will have "light" and Medusa will have "darkness". I think one of the two will be revealed as a playable character before the game is released, while the other will be a hidden character.

OmegaXXII

I know for certain that we are bound to get a second Kid Icarus rep whether it would be Medusa or Palutena, but would we actually get both females? What gives you the impression?

Also, Magnus seems to be suggested alot, so I don't know if he would even be considered.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Magnus isn't important. He's only in one chapter of the story.

OmegaXXII

In that case I'd rather have Magnus if it means that Palutena and Medusa would become clones of each other, I am aware that it would be easier for SORA to do so, less work, and still have more representation to possibly promote the series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I know for certain that we are bound to get a second Kid Icarus rep whether it would be Medusa or Palutena, but would we actually get both females? What gives you the impression?

Also, Magnus seems to be suggested alot, so I don't know if he would even be considered.

I am getting the feeling that Kid Icarus has the possibility of getting two newcomers because of how much promotion Uprising is getting. Its getting three OVAs made for it, and the game was delayed well beyond its originally planned released date. Usually that privilege is only reserved for Zelda. Sakurai is really hoping to make Kid Icarus a big series for Nintendo.

As to why it would be Palutena and Medusa, its primarily because they are the next two most important characters in the game after Pit.

As to Magnus, Sakurai already said in an interview that he was a chapter exclusive character. However, I get the feeling that Magnus may show up again later in the game. However, Magnus still is not as important to the series as Palutena and/or Medusa are.

OmegaXXII

How do you know? If I mind asking, is there a specific article where it states he isn't important and plays a minor role in Uprising? Unless I'm missing something the game hasn't come out yet, it's even been delayed, I'm sketical about his role so please enlighten me.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
"The Subspace Emissary." It didn't quite garner much favoritism as hoped. What could be done to improve it? Any ideas? I have one, but it'll never happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How do you know? If I mind asking, is there a specific article where it states he isn't important and plays a minor role in Uprising? Unless I'm missing something the game hasn't come out yet, it's even been delayed, I'm sketical about his role so please enlighten me.

Look up^^

Even if he WAS important, Medusa and Palutena still should take priority because they've been in every KI game so far. If not, most then.

I find it weird that people are so eager to knock down a female, even when she is more important than her male counterparts.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Masahiro Sakurai: The game is set up in chapters – going from chapter one to chapter two to chapter three, and Magnus is a guest character that appears in chapter two.

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1177161p1.html

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There may be the possibility that he'll appear later on in the game. Come back to help, y'know. AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ENTERTAIN THAT POSSIBILITY...

As far as we KNOW, he's only in that one though...

Also, on Medusa and Palutena, they better not be TOO similar. That'd be a lot of potential lost (WOULDN'T BE A SURPRISE THOUGH). I mean, come on, snake hair attacks!

Maybe end up like Wolf where only their specials are similar? :I (There needs to be a NAME for that, because even "semi-clone" is pushing it.)

OmegaXXII

"The Subspace Emissary." It didn't quite garner much favoritism as hoped. What could be done to improve it? Any ideas? I have one, but it'll never happen.
I think alot of people despised SSE for it's generic style of play and it's story, I found the lenght of it okay but it wasn't compelling enough to be called great, I believe Hex created a blog concerning Adventure Mode ideas, It describes what it's faults were and how it should be improved, you should definetly check that out.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Finally!

This is exactly what I have been telling you guys ever since we learned that Sakurai is making Kid Icarus Uprising way back in June 2010. I was so sure that we would get both Palutena and Medusa.

Before that announcement, I wasn't convinced that Kid Icarus wouldn't get a second character since it didn't have a game since 1991. But after that announcement, I changed my stance and started supporting for BOTH Palutena and Medusa.

But of course, the majority went with Medusa and Magnus because "Medusa is a twofer token minority, that is, she is a female and a villain" and "Palutena would be a clone of Medusa so I am supporting Magnus even though Palutena is more important than Magnus". :rolleyes:

OmegaXXII

Masahiro Sakurai: The game is set up in chapters – going from chapter one to chapter two to chapter three, and Magnus is a guest character that appears in chapter two.

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1177161p1.html
Okay I see now, I personally don't have a problem with any of the females it's just that I would rather get somebody unique than a potential lugified clone as you stated, I guess if they were luigified to a point where there attacks have very different aspects to it then I guess I wouldn't mind it as much.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

I can see it happening, but my question is if we really need all three characters. I'm all for Medusa and Palutena would be fine, but I don't see why we need both for SSB4. Medusa it seems to me would fill all the potential Palutena has for a playable character and more. Prediction-wise, though, it's absolutely a decent chance that we get three KI reps in SSB4.

Here's a question I've wanted to ask users here. I have a feeling that it could turn out... bad, but I think everyone can handle this perfectly.

You are the supervising producer of Smash Brothers 4. You are selecting team members for your SSB4 development team. Your selection of team members should include common SSB4 thread users of this thread or GameFaqs threads or wherever. You will assign team members by aspects of the game. The aspects of the game each employee or group of employees can handle are:

Playable Characters
Stages
Items
Multi-Player (Special, Tournament, etc.)
Single-Player (Vault, Stadium, Classic, All-Star, etc.)
Adventure Mode
Trophies & Stickers (models, descriptions, etc.)
Music Selections
Fighting Mechanics / Physics (techniques, game speed, etc.)
Debug

This is assuming the people you choose have sufficient programming ability and work ethics, and that your members will be able to agree on the various matters of SSB4 in the end.

You can select one team member for up to two jobs, and you have a maximum of three employees working on each aspect of the game.

There is one twist to this question, though:
You are not involved in whatever decisions these team members make regarding Smash Brothers 4, and you have no control over the game's outcome yourself. Your game would be determined not by you, but by your team members.

Choose you team members carefully: they are deciding the final game, not you.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But of course, the majority went with Medusa and Magnus because "Medusa is a twofer token minority, that is, she is a female and a villain" and "Palutena would be a clone of Medusa so I am supporting Magnus even though Palutena is more important than Magnus". :rolleyes:
I thought it's only been Medusa and NO Magnus? :V

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can see it happening, but my question is if we really need all three characters. I'm all for Medusa and Palutena would be fine, but I don't see why we need both for SSB4. Medusa it seems to me would fill all the potential Palutena has for a playable character and more. Prediction-wise, though, it's absolutely a decent chance that we get three KI reps in SSB4.
That's kind of like asking, "Why do we need Zelda and Ganondorf?" They're the main characters of the series. If Kid Icarus truely becomes majorly popular, why not add the major characters? Technically, they are "needed" in terms of importance.

OmegaXXII

I agree with this actually, even if both Medusa and Palutena are more important then Magnus, he would make a good alternative, I guess Sakurai will include what's important in a series rather than uniqueness, also is there a possibility of Medusa ever being an Adventure Mode boss and still being playable as an unlockable?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Look up^^

Even if he WAS important, Medusa and Palutena still should take priority because they've been in every KI game so far. If not, most then.

I find it weird that people are so eager to knock down a female, even when she is more important than her male counterparts.
Pit and Palutena have appeared in all three games. Medusa was not in the Game Boy sequel. I highly recommend everyone to download Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters when it ever becomes available on the 3DS Virtual Console! In my opinion, I think it is better than the NES original because Pit can slow his falls with his wings (think Raccoon Mario in SMB3) and he can go down the screen and not die.

There may be the possibility that he'll appear later on in the game. Come back to help, y'know. AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ENTERTAIN THAT POSSIBILITY...

As far as we KNOW, he's only in that one though...

Also, on Medusa and Palutena, they better not be TOO similar. That'd be a lot of potential lost (WOULDN'T BE A SURPRISE THOUGH). I mean, come on, snake hair attacks!

Maybe end up like Wolf where only their specials are similar? :I (There needs to be a NAME for that, because even "semi-clone" is pushing it.)
Quarter-clones? :p

But seriously though, the idea of Palutena being Medusa's clone is absurd. I mean, would Palutena really turn characters into stone? There are so much new stuff in Uprising that Sakurai can just borrow Pit's weapons and magic for Palutena's unique moveset. That's what Sakurai did for Zelda in Melee.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Quarter-clones? :p

But seriously though, the idea of Palutena being Medusa's clone is absurd. I mean, would Palutena really turn characters into stone? There are so much new stuff in Uprising that Sakurai can just borrow Pit's weapons and magic for Palutena's unique moveset. That's what Sakurai did for Zelda in Melee.
Those moves are Zelda's gift to Link though? Right?. . .

If anyone else come's in third then it'll be MAGNUS and that just CAN. NOT. BE.
BUT TWO HANDED SWORD WEILDERS ARE SOOOO UNIQUE~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom