• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm going to be honest... I know he's not popular enough to represent the 5th gen but this guy would be an awesome playable character

Seriously a super fast heavy weight would be badass

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
i just found this XD

sorry for being off-topic. blast it didn't work. anyway, who do you think is going to replace snake, some one similar i'm guessing?
If Snake gets cut I think a character with a similar playstyle would be added, I actually had Anthony Higgs with a Snake like fighting style using firearms

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
If Snake gets cut I think a character with a similar playstyle would be added, I actually had Anthony Higgs with a Snake like fighting style using firearms
I don't think so. If anything they'll use the opportunity to include third party reps that are unique in their own way.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Who do you suppose that would be? I've heard instances where Will from Advance would be similar to him as far as playstyle goes.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh God, smash without Snake's a** would be awful. His rear end is even more awesome than Captain Falcon's. *checks all 360 degrees around me for potential Falcon Punches*

Seriously though (why do I begin every sentence with the word seriously=???), broken hit boxes aside, Snake is an excellent smash bros character, and I just cannot see Smash cutting a franchise. Maybe they'll switch out Solid Snake for Naked Snake, or combine them. Maybe they'll make Solid Snake old Snake. Maybe they'll put Snake on a plane. But a smash bros game without Snake... that would be awful. Plus as a huge MGS fanboy (I can beat the Tanker Chapter in MGS2 on the hardest difficulty in 10 minutes), that would make me a sad panda knight one thingy... :confused: :psycho: :009: :088:

Edit: I randomly typed in 88 (my lucky number) and got Grimer. Is there a deeper meaning to this=??? Does this mean I am a living walking purple ball of sludge=??? :laugh:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i just missed/skipped 73 pages from where i left off (page 2470)... i highly doubt there was anything juicy/ important/ interesting... if there was, what was it?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...If we had the Unova Trainer, and he used Snivy, I wonder if he would slither across the ground for his dash. :3
I really don't want to see Emboar as the final evolution. Why can't it be someone more interesting? Emboar is the least interesting Final evo out of all of them.

Everyone agrees Snake is badass, but he's just a guest character. He's practically guaranteed to be replaced by another third party.
Unless Sakurai's buddy is like. . . "DUDE LOL NUTHER ROUND?"

and Sakurai is like "lol. ya."

What is with all of you and recycling movesets? Why not just recycle the charactertype. Not the moveset. Or just let the charactertype die?

I don't know of many Nintendo characters who are relevant that could pull off a Snake moveset. Unless it's Tom nook setting traps, not explosives.

i just missed/skipped 73 pages from where i left off (page 2470)... i highly doubt there was anything juicy/ important/ interesting... if there was, what was it?
If there was, it will come up again at SOME point.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Nah just talking about pokemon.

"New smash bro for wii U: POKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMON EDITION"

Forget smash bros, lets have pokemon bros!
*shot*

So like, if lucario gets in the next game I want him to fight more like...ya know. A fighting type. :V Lucario should snap some necks.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
GEEZ, Shortie, don't you know that if Serperior is used instead of Emboar then it would just be a Medusa clone.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just saying, probably not gonna happen.
But 5th gen player would be the ****.

Juuust not sure what pokemon I'd want.
Dewott, and emboar fo sho.
But I have nooo clue how snivy would fight.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that does not interest me, the thoughts of others backed by previous debates only causes history to repeat itself...
there is nothing wrong with emboar (besides looks) and dewott is perfectly fine being the second evolution... serperior cannot be in the smash realm... snivy does have hands (serperior has hands too... i seen them!! but serperior has that body sooo...) snivy can tackle, razor leaf, leaf mixer/tornado, vine whip, etc...

aand emboar looking like a beast ganon that hasn't been on smash bros makes him a clone? lol wut?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What is with all of you and recycling movesets? Why not just recycle the charactertype. Not the moveset. Or just let the charactertype die?

I don't know of many Nintendo characters who are relevant that could pull off a Snake moveset. Unless it's Tom nook setting traps, not explosives.
I know, I hate it. Why have a cheap copy of the real thing.
*Stares down people who want Tingle to steal the Balloon Fighter's Moveset*

Seriously, cheap clones are lame. Last minute additions... not so much. At least they usually add something (G'dog in Melee, Wolf in Brawl, etc).

Naked pictures of Snake. No really, nothing probably. We're all still murdering time for new rumors. That's why everyone jumped on developers when various people have stated their 3rd party characters like Mega Man (especially Mega Man) and Travis Touchdown should be in smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know, I hate it. Why have a cheap copy of the real thing.
*Stares down people who want Tingle to steal the Balloon Fighter's Moveset*
But the difference between recycling Snakes moveset, and Tingle(The main character of the latest Balloon fight) getting a Balloon based moveset is that Tingles moveset wouldn't be recycled from a cut character. Just based off a sequel he starred in.

Plus, Tingle has always been into Balloons. Even before Tingle's Balloon Fight. Although I'm sure you could make a Rupeeland based moveset.

GEEZ, Shortie, don't you know that if Serperior is used instead of Emboar then it would just be a Medusa clone.
Oh DUH! :awesome:

lol. Mewtwo is such a Yoshi clone.

Forget Tingle, Balloon Fighter and Ghirahim 100x before him should happen
Omega, how often do we go through this? And when has the Tingle side of things ever lost out to the bias Ghirahim arguments?

Yeah. You think about that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As a serious question...

Which set of starters are the most interesting? As a combination? ...I honestly think the set we have with Gen 1 is the most interesting. Squirtle goes in it's shell and junk, Ivysaur fights with that plant on it's back, and Charizard is a freaking dragon.

...Snivy/Dewott/Emboar do come close though. I mean, I guess Emboar doesn't offer a WHOLE lot, but I still think it'd be interesting seeing him fight. Snivy is a little snake that can slither around and use his own body to attack with, and DEWOTT... I mean, how many scallop-users do you see? :awesome:

May need to think more on it though. >:I

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
The Pokemon franchise is very interesting because unlike the Mario and Zelda franchise, there are so many Pokemon that can represent the franchise which makes it much harder to predict which Pokemon will be playable in ssb4. It's a no brainer Pikachu will be in ssb4 but what about Jigglypuff? idk..it seems to me she was a last minute character in brawl but she is part of the original 12 so she'll probably stay. I'm going to guess that the max number of slots will be 6 but to please more people the max number of slots should be 7 IMO.

Pokemon Note: I don't have much knowledge on the Generation 5 Pokemon.

1. Pikachu (The mascot of Pokemon.)
2. Jigglypuff (Very popular in Japan and has been in every smash game.)
3. Mewtwo (Was the star in 2 movies, popular, planned for brawl, most smash fans want him back.)
4. Pichu (Playable in Melee and had a special event in HG and SS.)
5. Meowth (It might just be a rumor but he was planned for SSB64 and has a big role in the anime.)
6. Pokemon Trainer (The hero in the games and I'm not just talking Red.)
7. Plusle and Minun (Planned for Brawl and there might be Ruby and Sapphire remakes which I say help their chances.)
8. Lucario (Was playable in Brawl, starred in a movie, and represents generation 4.)
9. Zoroark (Has a movie, popular, represents generation 5.)
10. Victini (Has a movie, popular, also represents generation 5.)

Dang! 10 possible reps. and if you count the Pokemon Trainers Pokemon and Plusle and Minun separate you get 13 possible reps. lol! Sorry if I didn't name all the Pokemon that could represent the series.

Anyways, here's my guess..

6 Slots

Slot 1: Pikachu
Slot 2: Pokemon Trainer
Slot 3: Mewtwo
Slot 4: Jigglypuff
Slot 5: Plusle and Minun
Slot 6: Zoroark

7 Slots

Slot 1: Pikachu
Slot 2: Pokemon Trainer
Slot 3: Mewtwo
Slot 4: Lucario
Slot 5: Jigglypuff
Slot 6: Plusle and Minun
Slot 7: Zoroark

I think my Pokemon roster is pretty accurate but that's just my opinion.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww, Omega, you changed your name!

1. How did you do it?
2. Why did you do it?

o.O

So talk on cloning hmm? If there has to be clones, I'd prefer if the clones always have something different to add to their play style. For instance, Lucas and Ness seem pretty darn similar at first glance, until you realise there's always at least one or two differences between any given of their specials, and that their normal attacks are completely different. Then you realise their meta game is entirely different.

OmegaXXII

My starters would be

Treeko
Croconaw
Blazakin

they would be a nice mix of both second a 3rd rep Pokemon, I guess a 4th gen would also be good?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As a serious question...

Which set of starters are the most interesting? As a combination? ...I honestly think the set we have with Gen 1 is the most interesting. Squirtle goes in it's shell and junk, Ivysaur fights with that plant on it's back, and Charizard is a freaking dragon.

May need to think more on it though. >:I
Interesting? Serperior is a Vine/Snake best, Dewott is a bipedal Samurai, and Tepig is an ugly fire pig. Also, whoever said Serperior couldn't work in smash is just being silly.

I think that Blaz/Grov/Mud would be interesting. A close combat fire Pokemon, a Blad weilding and seed spitting grass, and then a slippery and muddy lizard thingy.

Although I think Emp/Mon/Turt would be intersting as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
it could work... but it won't work at the same time!!
His moves would be all whip/tail projectile based. Think of a cross between Ivy Valentine, and a grass Pokemon.

Also, Toise says he might make an appearence here, but you didn't hear it from me!

OmegaXXII

Ness and Lucas definetly have similarities but they also possess differances as well, though I'd rather have Claus or mecha porky instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom