• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, Rotom is probably my favorite pokemon from gen V, I didn't make that connection though.

Giratina... that seems pretty Dark. Anything's better than the gimmicks found on Spear Pillar.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
. . . . If you give me a good scenario I'm down. I actually think it's one of the most iconic spots in the series.
WELL, I suppose it'd be just a simple few platforms in the middle of that lake. In the background, you see Kyogre surrounded by whirlpools, probably some WATER SPOUTS as well. Of course, it would be battling Groudon on some freshly forming earth, thus glowing fissures, flowing lava, and tiny eruptions everywhere (The platforms would probably be part of this landmass, BUT THAT'S NOT REALLY IMPORTANT.)

As they battle each other, occasionally one will gain the upper hand. Kyogre will cause some flooding of the stage, as well as some rain (I guess the rain would make you slide (think ice), but some platforms above would block out the rain on the main platform). The flooding takes effect by rising up to the ledges of the stage, creating a STRONG current moving toward the blast line on each side.

When GROUDON gains the upperhand, perhaps he would create a large eruption sending meteors (whatever they're called) raining down upon the stage. Perhaps some areas on the lower platform would become heated as well. OR, he'd create HARSH SUNLIGHT that damaged (SLIGHTLY) anyone not standing under platforms.

More rarely, Rayquaza will come down and cease the fighting. Just kind of flies around for a bit and leaves. THEN KYOGRE AND GROUDON RESUME. PISS OFF, RAYQUAZA.

The opening of the volcano would be visible in the background. It would provide visuals of clouds forming during Kyogre's moments, accompanied by lightning and thunder. The sky could maybe turn red during Groudon's time, because just a BRIGHT SUN would be boring.

Perhaps the lighting could change as well. With Kyogre, everything has a subtle blue hue. Groudon, red. Rayquaza, green (I mean, you could kind of stretch green into typically implying safety).

Oh, and in the distant background would be the actual city. More fleshed out than it looks in the games, of course.

IS THAT ACCEPTABLE? >8OOO

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Great, now all we'll need is Tin Tower and some stage involving LOTS of BRIDGES!

Alright FanMan, what do PokeFloats have on this?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sounds like Battle of Origin. . . :S

You know that spot with the orbs? It's on tall cliff overseeeing the water. To the right of it was where Aqua/Magma base lies. I was thinking some sort of cliff type level. There would be waves that crash up against the cliff, and the water could suck you in and KO you. I dunno.

Your idea is good, I just don't like Battle of Origin. . . it reminds me of a more violent Spear pillar level.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Great, now all we'll need is Tin Tower and some stage involving LOTS of BRIDGES!

Would this count.

@Shortie: Battle of Origin? Is that what they call it? SORRY FOR GETTING YOUR HOPES UP BY REFERRING TO THE CONCEPT AS SOMETHING ELSE.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I just remembered something I thought some time ago...

Why don't they make an stage that mixes all the franchises in the game?
Like one of those moving stages[let's say Delfino Plaza], but everytime it stops, it does in a generic place with obvious references to each series.
No major changes in the stage itself, just background change.

It could even be the concept of the Battlefield/Final Destination...

PS: Off to bed.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know what would be awesome of nintendo to do? announce more characters from Mario Kart 7... what i want... i want them to introduce the Wario series characters. we already have the kong family joining in the fun, if we can get the wario characters, then we may be able to have more chance for another wario character to be in smash 4.

here is what i'd like to see from the trailer: showcase of motorbikes, then they show mona in her scooter.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, you think with the rumors of a possible Mach Rider game. Do you guys think Mach Rider has a good chance to be playable in SSB4 if this rumor is true?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's possible I suppose.

I do not really like him.
He isn't interesting to me.
If he doesn't have a new game coming out, he's toast.
Even if he does so what?
He can get behind every other character who has a small franchise/single title.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Right, but also we should remember that there are some cases where Nintendo would like to pull something for promotional purposes. And wasn't Kid Icarus a series that didn't have much games itself?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Right, but also we should remember that there are some cases where Nintendo would like to pull something for promotional purposes. And wasn't Kid Icarus a series that didn't have much games itself?
It had two, but Sakurai himself was creating KI:U. On top of that, rumors abound that he had been planned for a while. (None confirmed of course). Sakurai could have added him as a "Retro" because he happened to be knee deep in the redesign of his series.

It just made sense. Now, you could argue that Mach Rider could be added as a "Retro" character, like IC's, Pit, R.O.B, and Mr.G&W. This could happen. But I doubt it considering the whole "I use a bike" thing. Which Sakurai isn't too down for. Or at least he wasn't when he turned down ExciteBike as a playable character. I suppose Mach could take a Wario approach. Just with a much much more deeply rooted bike playstyle.

Possibly having three different specials on, and off his bike?

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Wow, lots of action i see, hmm... so...what characters would you guys suggest will make it as 3rd party characters? who is the most/least probable? not Megaman :troll:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, Megaman definetly has a shot at it, the ones that are most likely are:

•Megaman
•Professor Layton
•Slime
•Geno
•Ryu H.

Dark Horse choices:
•Ryu (Street Fighter)
•Dragon Quest Hero
•Tails
•Cloud Strife
•Bomberman
•Sora

Out of all those choices I'd say Slime and Layton have the best chances, Megaman does as well but I'm worried that Capcom might be ignoring him, I'm not too sure, that's why I have a feeling that Ryu from Street Fighter might be Capcom's choice in the matter, personally I hope we do indeed get Megaman X.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow, lots of action i see, hmm... so...what characters would you guys suggest will make it as 3rd party characters? who is the most/least probable? not Megaman :troll:
Not even going to try and explain my views on third parties/how likely they are. I'm much too tired. But, I'll give you a nice lil' list.

Popularity based on my poll (around 500 votes)

1. Sonic the HedgeHog (418)
2. MegaMan (261)
3. Solid snake (254)
4. Bomberman (131)
5. Super Mario RPG (120)
6. Castlevania (88)
7. Final Fantasy (79)
8. Pac-Man (76)
9. Street Fighter (74)
10. Professor Layton (71)
11. Kingdom Hearts (70)
12. Tales Series (54)
13. Dragon Quest (51)
14. Soul Calubur (36)
15. Resident Evil (33)
16. Mischief Makers (27)

Bed time for this cat. ._.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman eh? Oh boy, I like him alot, I would however like to see Ryu from Street Fighter, he seems interesting for sure.

OmegaXXII

Bomberman has a marginal choice, his chances aren't that good, still I would prefer Megaman over him since he has way more popularity anyway.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Well, I know i've said that i've hated Meganan in the past, but I realized he isn't all that bad once you play his games, they are good, i would however prefer Bomberman since Megaman might be a Samus/Kirby clone.

OmegaXXII

Well, I know i've said that i've hated Meganan in the past, but I realized he isn't all that bad once you play his games, they are good, i would however prefer Bomberman since Megaman might be a Samus/Kirby clone.
Well, not really, Megaman is far unique to be called a Samus clone, just because they have helmets and arm cannons does not mean they would be clones, as for Kirby, well...Megaman copy ability shouldn't be thesame as Kirby's i'd say he would most likely get his copied abilities from the bosses of his game himself, y'know like random generated or something.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
megaman cannot copy the ability of an organic. robots only. however, nintendo and Sora ltd. don't know much about the blue bomber aside from the arm cannon and the fact that he steals the abilities of his foes.
those programmers over at sora better have some pretty good researchers or avid megaman fans, i wouldnt want the blue bomber treated like the blue blur was in brawl... halfheartedly.

OmegaXXII

Well, as far as online goes this is what I'd like to see:

•Voice Chat
•NO LAG
•Leaderboards
•Video chat
•IM/Skype feature where you can communicate.
•co-op modes
•tournament style brawls
•notification of friends when you are playing offline (connected to the Internet of course).

OmegaXXII

Well, considering that the Wii-U will be massive in power, more than the PS3 and possibly the 360, I'd say it more than capable enough, Sakurai even wanted such a feature in Brawl but had scrapped it.

OmegaXXII

Hmm...yes moat definetly, Bowser definetly deserves to have his own stage this time around, he hasn't had one since Melee which is a shame considering how big a villain he is, it should be based on Super Mario Bros. which the lava and stuff.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, as far as retro stages are concerned these are the one I'd like too see back.

Princess Peach's Skycastle
Saffron City
Hyrule Temple
Meta Stage
Fourside
Final Destination (Melee)
Greens Greens
DK Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Norfair
Pirate Ship