• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Psycho Break? A possible final smash? it kinda sounds like a counter move... it also sounds like a special attack version of brick break (which is more likely)

hey... can anyone write up a moveset for mewtwo without him being all crappy? ie hypnosis, disable...
Are there any counter Final Smashes or are they all direct attacks?

I can think of some buffs for Mewtwo based on Melee. It's moveset was pretty unique as it is, so buffing it would be nice:

Fair: Shadow Claw: more range (keeps its badass smokey look with Shadow Ball charged)
Dair: more power
FSmash: more range
DSmash: sweet spot still in front, but some knockback behind
FTilt: more knockback
SideB: slightly pushes opponents away
DownB: second Disable more knockback

That should bring him up the tier list. I mean he's ****ing Mewtwo.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
back from school ugh calculus sucks. Anyway I doubt either Roy or Doc is going to appear. They were both clones and not very iconic. The best chance they have is DLC, based on demand

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Psycho Breaker looks like an awesome new move that could be in Smash 4, it would be perfect for Mewtwo considering it's relevant and all.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ALSO, I think something that would make Mewtwo interesting is if the really played up his telekinetic powers. Perhaps this could be conveyed by having a close-range attack (not necessarily one involving his PHYSICAL SELF) which would be followed up by a more distant hitbox. The disjointed hitbox may even be better as a separate attack... Such as, an f-tilt would hit the opponent close by, then you'd F-smash to create the distant hitbox which would hit them back toward you? Moving them around with telekinesis, y'know? I DUNNO, I'd have to think about it more to develop the idea. >:I

OH OH OH... Charging the Smash would create a floating particle effect, and the longer you charge, the more distance it covers? GIVES YOU MORE CONTROL OVER YOUR PSYCHIC POWERS. Upon release, the particle effect would then have the AFOREMENTIONED hitbox.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
YES. I'M THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD. HUUUARRGH.

My masterplan was to cut you down because I'm jealous of Omega STROKING YOU all the time because I'm so lonely BECAUSE I spend so much time GETTING MY FACTS STRAIGHT.

Or something.
Oh WHATEVER man. lol

So I miss that one quote, sue me. As far as your needing to be loved, you can have Omega. All I need is the love of my girlfriend. <3

OmegaXXII

Oh WHATEVER man. lol

So I miss that one quote, sue me. As far as your needing to be loved, you can have Omega. All I need is the love of my girlfriend. <3
Hey hey now, no need to get rough and tough lol..

Still that new Pokon titles seems ammussing, I wonder what the conferance will be about tomorrow, what time?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh WHATEVER man. lol

PFFF. You're not getting off that easy. Welcome to detention, you're staying with me after class so I can teach you how to GOOGLE.

That was like, the 4th one down after searching "sonic sakurai," lol.

Also you have to type up my lab report for me. It's due tomorrow so you better get to it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, I'm on a phone cut me some slack warden.

The conference is at these times.

11pm EST
10pm CST
9pm MST
8pm PST

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i edited my post for me and my fellow pacifics but star's got the better time zone.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
ALSO, I think something that would make Mewtwo interesting is if the really played up his telekinetic powers. Perhaps this could be conveyed by having a close-range attack (not necessarily one involving his PHYSICAL SELF) which would be followed up by a more distant hitbox. The disjointed hitbox may even be better as a separate attack... Such as, an f-tilt would hit the opponent close by, then you'd F-smash to create the distant hitbox which would hit them back toward you? Moving them around with telekinesis, y'know? I DUNNO, I'd have to think about it more to develop the idea. >:I

OH OH OH... Charging the Smash would create a floating particle effect, and the longer you charge, the more distance it covers? GIVES YOU MORE CONTROL OVER YOUR PSYCHIC POWERS. Upon release, the particle effect would then have the AFOREMENTIONED hitbox.
This is a brilliant idea. Might be too OP, but Mewtwo deserves it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
No Gray Version pr R/S 3DS apparently the new game Is Pokepark2 my sister would like that.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Is the third installment of the 5th gen really gonna be called Gray? I mean it sounds so....gray. Since black and white represent light and dark, what would the third be?

On topic, Toon Link for SSB4

OmegaXXII

Is the third installment of the 5th gen really gonna be called Gray? I mean it sounds so....gray. Since black and white represent light and dark, what would the third be?

Well, it has to be a shallow color right? Gray seems to be the perfect blend between both Black/White.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
black and white represent Yin and Yang, Grey/Gray represents wuji... the absence of yin and yang.

also... fun artsy fartsy fact; black, white, and gray are not colors.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Gray make sense it's referenced in the games besides Kyurem is gray... but yeah Toon Link will probably stay.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
School was so bad today... I just want the weekend, Mewtwo really needs a new moveset he should get Psycho Cut.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

...I thought "Infinite Grey" would be neat. I think there's some kind of saying relating to "infinite shades of grey." If not, Grey's fine by itself. I think the theme of B/W was something about MORALITY or DECISIONS, so grey would represent the confusion or struggle in determining what is "right" or "wrong"?

I mean, if you want to get artistic about it. >:I

@Phostopholes: 8D

Mewtwo could provide a bit of flexibility with the standard way of things in Smash? Like, maybe an f-tilt would have him make a (just for the sake of.. conveying) LINE in the air, then pressing A again would create an explosion or whatever at the desired point. While charging a smash, maybe it could even work like Zelda's Side Special.

I dunno the limitations involved, but IT'D BE COOL TO SEE THINGS LIKE THAT.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind Y Link :) and no, Toad and Tingle will be sandbag costumes :troll:

Grey just doesn't seem like a good enough name to me, but then again neither do black and white. Yin, Yang and Wuji would've been more appealing names to me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
psycho cut is that move that Cresselia uses on spear pillar. even though it looks like a special attack, it is indeed a physical move.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
As a psychic type, Mewtwo should have a "Smash original" move like Pika's Thunder Jolt. Let's call Mewtwo's MINDF***
Now how would that work? lol

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
thunder jolt was first introduced on a pokemon trading card. i used to have the card in fact. strange how bulbapedia does not have a record on thunder jolt being in tcg. nevermind... bulbapedia said tcg only... lol
Pikachu card and yes, that card is legit.

speaking of which... we should look to the trading cards for more pokemon moves inspiration.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man, I wish I had my edited moveset finished. :(

Anyway, for buffs I'm planning on:

• Confusion now relects projectiles, and trips opponents up close, but has a smaller hitbox overall
  • Maybe a new D-Special or revamp of Disable
  • Final Smash will be his signature move Psystrike
  • In order to improve kill potential certain moves will use his Spoon Sword
  • Maybe giving him a glide or the ability to float like Peach
  • Slightly better atributes, I'm thinking of making him closer to Pit's weight and Speed
If anyone has any other ideas feel free to post them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
BTW, CoroCoro was just released and a new Pokemon game was announced. Pokepark 2. You can read more on it at Serebii.

Also, look at this.

This Mewtwo event for Black/White includes a Mewtwo with a "Pressure" ability. Plus he has a new signature move. Called "Psycho Break" or something like that. :)
Mewtwo's main ability has always been Pressure though, and Psystrike is not an event only move; it can be learned at level 100.

What the heck is Psycho cut lol??

It's a Psychic-type physical attack, which operates exactly like Slash. It can be learned by various Pokemon, such as Absol, Gallade, Cresselia, and even Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom