• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Actually, 50-55 sounds 100% reasonable. In Brawl we just got 10 extra characters and most rosters we post have that much and we're satisfied.

I doubt completely of a universal roster. It's just too chaotic.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm only expecting 36 characters, not including transformations. But realistically speaking, 44-49 slots sounds like a good area to bet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ghirahim fans should read this, because that's really all I can think of when I see him. A cross-dressing, almost certainly flaming bishounen.

Speaking of which:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/Vermilion_Thanatos/****.png
Boy does he look disgusting. I'm just glad that I'm against his unlikely inclusion.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Personally, I'm only expecting 36 characters, not including transformations. But realistically speaking, 44-49 slots sounds like a good area to bet.
Why would you have even less characters than in Brawl in the next installment?

Why would we get universal roster?
To create balance between the 3DS and Wii U so people don't have to buy both to switch out their characters on the 3DS when in reality most people will buy the Wii U version instead as Sakurai has already pointed out the 3DS version will be more single-player like.

D

Deleted member

MechaWave said:
Why would you have even less characters than in Brawl in the next installment?
That's why I said NOT including transformations. Meaning 36 slots.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sure, you don't want to admit that you're a hypocrite or a few steps shy of a fool, that's fine.

Doesn't really help that your contribution to this thread was either to troll, flame, or project bias.

But tonight, your in my house and I can play a pretty mean flame game.
Leh go.

:O i liked sunshine more than galaxy
Real talk.

I wish this thread was like it was when it re-opened and people posted the off-topic stuff in the backroom and the on-topic stuff here. It was a terrific balance.
**** it, you *****s that **** like it was hot when this thread opened back up. Smh

I'd rather it be true to the series than competitive
GTF

lol, i'm going to the backroom
You're in there?

I want it to be both.
More real talk.

Because 55 slots is already a nightmare to balance. 60 slots would be nigh-impossible for them to do it and I don't think they'll make time for it. Also, if we get universal roster, while it won't limit it to 40-ish slots, it will make 60+ slots difficult to put in.

Many fans want better balance and Sakurai cares more then just characters. Honestly, 49 slots is pretty much perfect.
Aight the FanMan I know is back. Balance is key. Perfection is impossible but getting close as possible, is.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
@Neon: DLC means downloadable content. I hope you're not thinking of paid DLC, which many are against because I'm all for regular DLC.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
To create balance between the 3DS and Wii U so people don't have to buy both to switch out their characters on the 3DS when in reality most people will buy the Wii U version instead as Sakurai has already pointed out the 3DS version will be more single-player like.
If there are version exclusive characters, you could make them available to both systems a few weeks later via free DLC/a free update.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
TBH, I dislike the whole 2 smash games anyways.

I feel the 3DS will neglected, just the like thread for it does. I don't blame people neglecting it either. Smash has been a household game.

I can't see tournies being run with 3DS's either....LOL the image of us in GA trying that. Salt.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
People are talking like the 3DS and the WiiU games are gonna be ports of each other...

I, for one, am expecting two different games, with different rosters, modes, stages, items etc.
ughh this will probably happen. Honestly I am not inclined to buy a 3DS at this moment, if at all. Smash should have remained home exclusive, imho

D

Deleted member

I say 42 slots is perfect. With this they can capitalize on DLC

I'm not a huge fan of DLC, but it's almost bound to happen
I think 45 slots is more realistic even with DLC and universal roster. Each game brings at least ten new characters into the game and ten extra slots. We are also bound to get a fifth row and most people are expecting at least that. If we had a newcomer list like this:

1. Bowser Jr.
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Zoroark/Victini
5. Medusa
6. Little Mac
7. Isaac
8. Saki Amamiya
9. Takamaru
10. Mega Man
11?. Mewtwo (to take Lucario's spot))

People will realistic expectations will be happy.

We could bump that to 50-55 slots. Some examples of good DLC:

1. Starfy
2. Ray (Custom Robo)
3. Black Shadow
4. Slime
5. Roy (Cut Melee vet returning)
6. Krystal
7?. Lucario
8?. Mewtwo
9. Professor Layton
10. Ryu Hayabusa

MechaWave

Smash Champion
People are talking like the 3DS and the WiiU games are gonna be ports of each other...

I, for one, am expecting two different games, with different rosters, modes, stages, items etc.
Actually Sakurai never said if they will be ports, just "connected in some way." We all assume things.

TBH, I dislike the whole 2 smash games anyways.

I feel the 3DS will neglected, just the like thread for it does. I don't blame people neglecting it either. Smash has been a household game.

I can't see tournies being run with 3DS's either....LOL the image of us in GA trying that. Salt.
I don't think the 3DS can be run alongside tournies anyways. Besides it's not intended to be multiplayer (because in actuality it can't.)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
While I'm all for having a roster as large as possible, the fact is that fad characters don't have high survivability and there's no point in keeping around dead weight. Jigglypuff and Yoshi survived. The forbidden seven didn't. And if I had to make a list of character that could (mind you, COULD, not WILL or SHOULD) be shafted in favor of newcomers:
So essentially you're comparing the characters that no one was supposed to recognize in the first place, to characters that existed in Smash from the begging?

I'm starting to see a disjoint, because it seems to me like you're discernment of the two characters has to do with them being "Dead Weight", which really has no backing.

Furthermore, that would suggest that each of the forbidden seven don't have any credibility. Which is certainly false as well. Note that 3 out of the seven have had their spots held in Brawl, and for whatever reason, two out of the seven couldn't be included due functional issues. That leaves toon Zelda and toon Shiek.

So logically, four renditions of Zelda? Do the math.

vicgur

Smash Ace
50 is my number. I'll support it until something or someone disproves it with a picture of the actual roster.

Oh, and I'll bet 20 internet fictional bucks that you'll be forced to get the 3DS version somehow.
Unlocking a character, a stage, an item, anything. I bet you're not gonna get 100% without the 3DS version. Mark my words.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If we DLC, idk how to fairly gauge characters. I mean it's DLC.

@Mecha: I can't see them either, but it saves my braincells to not see them.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why can't I see Phostopheles' newer posts? =/
If you mean what I think you do, N is actually stalking down his older posts.

Also, the 3DS and WiiU versions are already stated to have different focuses about them. No one should believe they'll be ports.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
50 is my number. I'll support it until something or someone disproves it with a picture of the actual roster.

Oh, and I'll bet 20 internet fictional bucks that you'll be forced to get the 3DS version somehow.
Unlocking a character, a stage, an item, anything. I bet you're not gonna get 100% without the 3DS version. Mark my words.
And i'll bet that you're right. Annother reason why smash should have been console exclusive

D

Deleted member

If we DLC, idk how to fairly gauge characters. I mean it's DLC.

@Mecha: I can't see them either, but it saves my braincells to not see them.
This will probably be very sparse, like once every six months to ensure full development of DLC characters and to balance them out with others that are already available. There's also the fact that you'll also need the ability to fight against DLC characters even if you don't have them.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Also, the 3DS and WiiU versions are already stated to have different focuses about them. No one should believe they'll be ports.
I'm saying that because of the "universal roster" talk.
I don't think it'll happen. I think 3DS will have less characters[and maybe some exclusive[I'd say some characters with portable franchises[Kyle Hyde is the man]]]

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Meh, IDRC either way

I thought I would have a challenge, at least things have gone back to normal.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
They could possibly already design 50 characters or so, and only put 44 on the disk. This way they can use the remaining one's as DLC every month or so

Kind of what COD does with its maps

D

Deleted member

They could possibly already design 50 characters or so, and only put 44 on the disk. This way they can use the remaining one's as DLC every month or so

Kind of what COD does with its maps
If Smash is getting DLC, they will not just slap characters on-disc like Capcom does and force us to pay money to unlock them. Nintendo are against low-quality DLC and if we do get DLC characters, they will not be available soon after launch.

Plus they kind of like to complete their games so we are more likely to have 50 slots with no DLC then 45 slots and 5 more characters on-disc that you have to pay to unlock. We don't need them to be the next Capcom and we all know how much we hate Capcom for doing that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm saying that because of the "universal roster" talk.
I don't think it'll happen. I think 3DS will have less characters[and maybe some exclusive[I'd say some characters with portable franchises[Kyle Hyde is the man]]]
Having different rosters defeats the purpose of inter-connectivity, though. If you have an exclusive on one, you couldn't transfer them to the other. And if you COULD, that would mean that character is already on the disc/cart but you're not able to use it without the other version, which would be ridiculous.

And whether one is single-player focused, and the other multi-player focused, it's still going to be player focused. :awesome: The playable characters should remain a constant.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I think Nintendo already proved they don't flow well with the achievements thing. But who knows, I know they are an incentive for a lot of people to play more.

And on that note, I must be off to bed. I have school in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom