• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
PAC-Man? But he's 3rd party material, Namco shouldn't be interested in handing out their right for him just to use as an AT, it's absurd to even think that, as a playable character? Maybe but I doubt it.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Well, it would be nice though, imagine the stage, I bet a good 2D incorporated stage would be lots of fun. :laugh:

Also, I just realized The Great Fox stage in Brawl reminds me of Xenosaga Episode I lol.. The durandal.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Super Smash Brothers EX in Japan

for extras and/or exclusives

Nonsense, I won't bother with such theories, it's boring.
Omega thinks its boring? You've got my attention then Star.

Kid Iccarus (P) for Pit
Wario Ware Inc (M) for Smooth Moves
Animal Crossing (N) for Tom Nook
"Miscellaneous Series (R)" for Registered Trademark

Let me see, what other ways can I rub it in Omega's face?

D

Deleted member

If Namco gets a rep, it will likely be Pac-man. However, his chances are pretty poor and I can't see him making it.
nLiM8d said:
Oh since the topic swung around again, let it be known, Hex, that Capcom has a history of Bad American Dubs across the board. If anything THIS is the closest they came to having an adequate voice over.
I actually kind of like it. Too bad that this is probably the only decent one out their.

@Starphoenix: I think it's possible that based off what you found that they were considering a Golden Sun rep for Brawl, but it didn't go through.

OmegaXXII

Super Smash Brothers EX in Japan

for extras and/or exclusives

Omega thinks its boring? You've got my attention then Star.

Kid Iccarus (P) for Pit
Wario Ware Inc (M) for Smooth Moves
Animal Crossing (N) for Tom Nook
"Miscellaneous Series (R)" for Registered Trademark

Let me see, what other ways can I rub it in Omega's face?
Hey hey, you trying to push my buttons big dawg? :awesome:

what needs to be on that list is N the trainer.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Lol you caught me, but I suppose that should be the other way around.

Too bad huh FanMan? That another Trainer is highly improbable. Though I would like N to have some parts in SSB4's plot among other characters....

D

Deleted member

Lol you caught me, but I suppose that should be the other way around.

Too bad huh FanMan? That nother Trainer is highly improbable. Though I would like N to have some parts in SSB4's plot among other characters....
A N trainer would be nice as it would give us the opportunity to play as Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect (or other good 5th gen Pokemons) as would Giovanni. However, I'd be disappointed if they decided to swap Red with another gen.

@SwayneGang: Square Enix could get representation with Slime, Level-5 with Professor Layton, and Tecmo with Ryu Hayabusa, but these aren't likely.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I can see Pac Man as an AT or having a stage. Lloyd (in chibi form) would have a better moveset IMO, but Pac Man's would be interesting to see.
Square I think should be left with Chocobo (and maybe with Slime, I still need to see Star's essay on that).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I suppose you've already seen my roster picks.

From what I've noticed, the DS era of Pokemon games has access to each pokemon generation's catalogs. From RSE and FRLG being accessible through the DS and the DS light, to DP and HGSS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trainer 5 pulls a Lucario.

...Also ***Bleh!!! Gensect!!!***

OmegaXXII

3rd parties that are likely to happen:

Megaman (X or Classic)
Professor Layton
Ryu***
Slime**
Geno**

**//means that if Square is interested in the matter we might see them, but only one rep, not both.

**// means if Capcom decides to go with another rep instead of Megaman.

OmegaXXII

N should definetly happen, he seems like a good antogonist of the series and is fresh from the series, although I still like Pokemon Trainer though.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Though people don't like him, I have a feeling that number five is gonna be Travis Touchdown, suppaphreak Suda will push his weight around.

If I had a choice between Geno and Chrono for SE rep status, Geno is just gonna have to wait in AT land.

OmegaXXII

Chrono? As a playable character? surely you jest?

Travis Touchdown, I don't know much about him or what he looks like but I'm doubting it simply because of his low demand.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
If anyone's going to "Replace" anybody, its going to be TT over Snake. You can count on that,
Especially since Suda 51 has expressed his interest in pushing his popularity in areas like Smash Brothers.

Why would I jest about Chrono? You have something to say mister?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I'd rather see Chocobo by himself. I don't remember who said it, but someone said that Chocobo is just a bird (not Falco), but didn't respond to me saying that it's similar to how Yoshi would play. I'm not saying it would be a clone or anything, but I can see similar kind of movement with them, and Chocobo is basically a Yoshi anyway lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oooh? That's very interesting Star... While that only REALLY suggests they were going to use SSB64 music, I wonder if SSB64 stages were also considered... Have we been getting past stages from only the immediate previous games by coincidence? AAAA, I want to hope from past stages from each game this time around. (Redone in HD, oh yeeeah)

Lol@Omega burying Star with junk.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Lol, ever heard of two face? That's you Omega, talkin' all this "boring" shiz.

I've heard about enough teir talk for one day. I'm out.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, there you go that changes my perspective effectively. I didn't know Slime was from Enix and I still have yet to play Dragon Quest but I like the idea of both appearing even more :D A mix of Chocobo's possibly Yoshi like moves and Slime's morphing. It's exciting. Top tier anyone? lol
I really like that statement about Chocobo for Square and Slime for Enix, it just makes the perfect mascot.

Edit: That tier bit was a joke (I propose high mid tier or low high tier, but thats my stand on all characters), but I'm out too anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Adventure Mode stage thought...

I recently had a thought about a Factory-themed level for Adventure Mode. It would involve Buckbots, Kritters, Tiki Goons, and even Space Pirates. Colonel Pluck would also pop up as a mini-boss, attacking players with his Buckbots. King K. Rool would also be involved in some way.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I think it's possible that based off what you found that they were considering a Golden Sun rep for Brawl, but it didn't go through.
It would make sense, I mean it would follow nLIM8d's pattern. Golden Sun. ;) lol

In all seriousness following my theory it is possible that Golden Sun may have been in contention. But honestly I cannot see why they would have cut a Golden Sun stage for Hanenbow? All I know is whatever series was removed was done so for a reason. Even though the series might have been removed I don't think every piece of it was.

Oooh? That's very interesting Star... While that only REALLY suggests they were going to use SSB64 music, I wonder if SSB64 stages were also considered... Have we been getting past stages from only the immediate previous games by coincidence? AAAA, I want to hope from past stages from each game this time around. (Redone in HD, oh yeeeah)
Perhaps. I could easily see why Nintendo decided to not pursue implementing Smash 64 stages if they were considered at a point.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, while "O" is going to be more of a shot in the dark, "V" actually has a little bit of thought behind it. If you look at "W", "X", "Y" and "Z"; they all revolve around the Super Smash Bros. in some fashion. "W" being the past Melee tracks. My theory is that "V" may have been for unmodified or lightly modified Super Smash Bros. 64 stages. Perhaps they intended to bring back a couple but somewhere along the line decided Melee would be enough? Of course it could be something else entirely, hence why it is labeled a theory, but given the others after it it wouldn't be too absurd to draw that parallel.

"O" is more of a mystery, when you look at how it is arranged it is sandwiched between "Animal Crossing (N)" and "Kid Icarus (P)". The thing that is significant about those is they were series newly added into Brawl. Preceding those are "Pikmin (L)" and "Warioware (M)". So that little block seem to indicate new series added into Brawl. This means "O" was (or perhaps is) likely to have been a new series added into Brawl.

I have three theories on "O" might have been. This stage was much like Animal Crossing, in that it was self-representative, but was cut for Hanenbow. Or Hanenbow was originally going to have a couple of tracks like every other stage, but they opted out of that decision. Lastly it is possible that the self-represented "DS" series was split into it's own category like "System Music" possibly alongside other tracks. Which in effect would have made the "Miscellaneous Series (R)" smaller.

Out of the three I feel it was a series that was removed from the game completely. Though it is possible that they might have kept one track from our presumed cut series so as to have something, albeit small, carry over. Which would lead me to looking at the (R) category.

R: Misc. Series

R02 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pictochat.mp3
R03 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Electroplankton
R04 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Flat Zone 2
R05 - Mario Tennis-Mario Golf - Medley
R06 - ???
R07 - ???
R08 - ???
R09 - 1080 Snowboarding - Golden Forest
R10 - Nintendo Wii - Mii Channel
R11 - Nintendo Wii - Shop Channel
R12 - Golden Sun - Battle
R13 - ???
R14 - Excite Truck - ???
R15 - Brain Age Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - Medley
R16 - Wii Sports - Title
R17 - Wii Play - Cow Racing
I'm only quoting myself so I can get some discussion going. I trully am interested by this.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well, I don't know. I'm curious but I'm not sure how far it goes.

From what you know about the Advanced Wars series, does it retain near the same level of Stateside success as Golden sun?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Because the past can affect the future.
So true.

Anyways, while "O" is going to be more of a shot in the dark, "V" actually has a little bit of thought behind it. If you look at "W", "X", "Y" and "Z"; they all revolve around the Super Smash Bros. in some fashion. "W" being the past Melee tracks. My theory is that "V" may have been for unmodified or lightly modified Super Smash Bros. 64 stages. Perhaps they intended to bring back a couple but somewhere along the line decided Melee would be enough? Of course it could be something else entirely, hence why it is labeled a theory, but given the others after it it wouldn't be too absurd to draw that parallel.

"O" is more of a mystery, when you look at how it is arranged it is sandwiched between "Animal Crossing (N)" and "Kid Icarus (P)". The thing that is significant about those is they were series newly added into Brawl. Preceding those are "Pikmin (L)" and "Warioware (M)". So that little block seem to indicate new series added into Brawl. This means "O" was (or perhaps is) likely to have been a new series added into Brawl.

I have three theories on "O" might have been. This stage was much like Animal Crossing, in that it was self-representative, but was cut for Hanenbow. Or Hanenbow was originally going to have a couple of tracks like every other stage, but they opted out of that decision. Lastly it is possible that the self-represented "DS" series was split into it's own category like "System Music" possibly alongside other tracks. Which in effect would have made the "Miscellaneous Series (R)" smaller.

Out of the three I feel it was a series that was removed from the game completely. Though it is possible that they might have kept one track from our presumed cut series so as to have something, albeit small, carry over. Which would lead me to looking at the (R) category.

R: Misc. Series

R02 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Pictochat.mp3
R03 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Electroplankton
R04 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Flat Zone 2
R05 - Mario Tennis-Mario Golf - Medley
R06 - ???
R07 - ???
R08 - ???
R09 - 1080 Snowboarding - Golden Forest
R10 - Nintendo Wii - Mii Channel
R11 - Nintendo Wii - Shop Channel
R12 - Golden Sun - Battle
R13 - ???
R14 - Excite Truck - ???
R15 - Brain Age Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - Medley
R16 - Wii Sports - Title
R17 - Wii Play - Cow Racing
If you need help filling out the empty spaces, here there are, according to the full Brawl soundtrack provided by VideoGameScrapbook:

R06 - Lip's Theme (Panel de Pon)
R07 - Marination Gear'
R08 - Title (Big Brain Academy)
R13 - Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi

It's an interesting theory, but I have no idea why they would scrap plans for a Golden Sun stage, let alone a character. There's just no good reason behind such a decision, especially if the concept that it was replaced by Hanenbow is true. (ifitistrue,facepalm)

Adventure Mode stage thought...

I recently had a thought about a Factory-themed level for Adventure Mode. It would involve Buckbots, Kritters, Tiki Goons, and even Space Pirates. Colonel Pluck would also pop up as a mini-boss, attacking players with his Buckbots. King K. Rool would also be involved in some way.

Good idea. Personally, I imagine the factory being run mostly by Kremlings, but there could be some Space Pirates working in cooperation with Kremlings as well. The factory itself would mostly be an ore-processing plant - and that ore would come from a nearby mine, which if it's own level, of course.

The factory could also be producing steel and various parts to amusement part rides and roller coasters - which lead the player to discovering Krazy Kremland, K. Rool's true hideout.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I don't know. I'm curious but I'm not sure how far it goes.

From what you know about the Advanced Wars series, does it retain near the same level of Stateside success as Golden sun?
See, that is the thing, I'm not even sure if it would be for an existing AT series. The Golden Sun only comes from the fact that we have one song that just seems "out of place". Otherwise there is no real way of knowing.

It's an interesting theory, but I have no idea why they would scrap plans for a Golden Sun stage, let alone a character. There's just no good reason behind such a decision, especially if the concept that it was replaced by Hanenbow is true. (ifitistrue,facepalm)
Somehow I feel whatever that stage was was scrapped for Hanenbow.

@Omega: This is important because whatever series that was that they scrapped probably has the highest chance of resurfacing. See how that works?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm not 100% on why you fellas mentioned that Golden Sun was an alternative. It was probably in jest, but I do have say that some random (at most poorly orchestrated) GS Mix was quite the eyebrow raiser. Might not be enough of a hint though.

Even though the series might have been removed I don't think every piece of it was.
Actually, now that I read it that way, Issac did seem like a pretty shotty AT.

It was a sore sight for bright eyes. :glare:

Would you be suggesting something to the effect that, preceding any the cover ups, they slapped together a package of GS tidbits to appease the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom