• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I'm not quite sure what the discussion is about exactly, but from what I can gather these are my own thoughts.

A lost stage, my guess that if it was new franchise, there probably would have been more data. So my guess is, based on the lost tracks of Brawl, that it may have been a Earthbound/Mother series stage.

But I'm only guessing since there was 4-6 lost tracks from the series, all of which sound like they don't belong on New Pork City but there are enought to fill another stage; so a lost EB/M stage would make sense to me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While I'm not quite sure what the discussion is about exactly, but from what I can gather these are my own thoughts.

A lost stage, my guess that if it was new franchise, there probably would have been more data. So my guess is, based on the lost tracks of Brawl, that it may have been a Earthbound/Mother series stage.

But I'm only guessing since there was 4-6 lost tracks from the series, all of which sound like they don't belong on New Pork City but there are enought to fill another stage; so a lost EB/M stage would make sense to me.
No, an entire series of music was cut. Which means it was for a stage that does not belong to any of the series already in Brawl. This is what is being discussed.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well based on his proposition that these are lost tracks, could it not be possible that those tracks are based on a lost stage in the making? There are two missing categories after all.

By the by- Head over to the backroom: music section. I've got a treat for you guys.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well based on his proposition that these are lost tracks, could it not be possible that those tracks are based on a lost stage in the making? There are two missing categories after all.

By the by- Head over to the backroom: music section. I've got a treat for you guys.
Teleroboxer - Dorihey

Dang I love seeing new, awesome music. I think one of those tracks are going to find it's way onto my Punch Out stage concept... >_>

But yes, everything I have been discussing is more than just lost tracks. They are two entire cut categories. That is why it is such a mystery.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Oh I think I understand now, the lost tracks would probably settle into this list

K01 - Mother 3 - Snowman
K05 - Mother 3 - Humoresque of a Little Dog
K07 - Mother 3 - Porky's Theme
K08 - Mother 3 - Love Theme
K09 - Mother 3 - Smashing Song of Praise
K10 - Mother 3 - New Pork City
VB, the third console I've ever owned. I have a LOT of memories of that TB game. If Milky makes its way into Smash4- I'll get a 3DS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh I think I understand now, the lost tracks would probably settle into this list
Yep. If, speculatievly, a MOTHER stage were cut it would still not account for category "O" being missing. Maybe for the other MOTHER tracks, but not for the missing series.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, here is another stage idea I've had a little while, but have never been sure how to work it. I may refine this later tomorrow once I am not so tired. Hopefully it is interesting enough on it's own?

But wait?! Don't we already have this stage already? Well, yes... And no... You know how you have one city, and sometimes they reuse the name but add "new" in front of it? Well this would be New Smashville, the "Pokémon Stadium 2" to the original Smashville. "Didn't you say you believe the original Smashville would return?" Why yes I did. "Is two Animal Crossing stages really necessary?" That question is subjective to each persons opinion, personally I do not see things through that lens. I see it through what a stage can bring while adequately representing it's series. This stage does that.

How this stage is different than it's counterpart is unlike Smashville, you will actually fight within the town itself. Not on a floating platform above the city. The sky will curve and slowly pass above you just like in City Folk and the upcoming Animal Crossing 3DS 9probably with the stage taking more cues from that title).

Your fight will take place on the "second floor", you will fight on two opposite cliffs. Behind you will be the river and it's corresponding lake/bridge. You will also see the many houses of villagers and the staple buildings such as the Museum, Nook's Cranny, The Mayor's House and Sable and Mable's. Below you will see the beach, the waterfall and the houses along the beach side. Trees will be budding fruit and flowers will blossom with small insects crawling throughout. Villagers will walk around the back, interacting each other and occasionally stopping to watch the players. Their interactions (along with the characters) will change depending upon some of the various circumstances that will be listed ahead. Occasionally Kapp'n will make a cameo, driving hiw bus to the but stop to collect some passengers and head off to the city.

What makes this stage special is it will be completely affected by the console's clock and forecast channel/app! What this means is a more accurate day/night cycle that will literally imitate that of Animal Crossing. If it is forecasted for you to have rain, the game's background will rain. If it is forecasted to be windy, the trees will sway under a strong breeze. The stage can also be affected by seasons. Meaning during each season you can fight on four different terrain reflective of the present season. Select holidays (and days) will also bring about special background events and characters from Animal Crossing.

One other amazing detail is My Music will not function on this stage similar to Hanenbow. Why is this? Because each hour will have it's own song taken from the Animal Crossing series. If you happen to be playing a match and the hours changes, the track will change to the next hours track. With a bell chime in between ringing a number of times according to the hour.

Stage Example:

...............___..........___
____......______________.......____

Stage Name: New Smashville
Stage Icon: Nook Leaf

-Tracks-
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 12:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 1:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 2:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 3:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 4:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 5:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 6:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 7:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 8:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 9:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 10:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 11:00 AM

Animal Crossing: City Folk - 12:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 1:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 2:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 3:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 4:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 5:00 PM ♥
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 6:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 7:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 8:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 9:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 10:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 11:00 PM

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Interesting tage idea star, although i have to say, i'm not sure about the seasons thing. Seems to me like you'd have to wait nine months if your favourite season is autumn or winter.

Hmmm...

Oh, and for a song, here's a new one:

Hassle in the Castle

My friend also listens to VG music, this is one he always plays. I've come to quite like it. Now i want to play Croc.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Croc? OMG, I love that game, I own it for PSX, the music is definetly good, I like it.

FYI, that's from Dante's island.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Star
I like that stage concept. Moving around the city kinda like Mute City right? I like the clock and forecast addition, it tells you when its a good day to get out from playing hours of SSB lol

@Luco
Or you could just change your internal clock to your favorite season :p

OmegaXXII

Meh..it's cool, I want to see Smashvile back though, it has cool theme such as the Animal Crossing Title Theme, also what is up with Tom Nook?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
What about him?
btw That leftover data in Brawl, you think there may have been a spot for him? There was a lot of talk about him in Brawl, I dont hear too much about him for SSB4, unless I missed his name in fan rosters...

OmegaXXII

Well, Tom Nook may have been considered at one point during Brawl's development, I believe that the programmers intended for him to be in thus there was a letter missing according to Star's post.

I believe because of that that we got a Animal Crossing Stage with music, Im guessing Sakurai at one point intended to make him a part of the roster but for some unknown reason he never went through with it, like I said Tom Nook was scrapped (probably) and the stage intended to be his was left, and Was added to the background instead.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The missing ...er slot? Star listed was for an entire series. So it wouldn't be for Tom Nook/Animal Crossing since it was already on the list.

I don't think Animal Crossing characters were considered to begin with. Sakurai kind of said as much.

Hey Star, would the music change for the weather too? :awesome:
I recall the music changing slightly during snow.

OmegaXXII

Well, I don't really care about Tom Nook myself, I was simply stating a simple theory that may have happened, again I'm not sure, but I could care less though, if it's FE related, OH U BETTER believe I'll be on top of it.

I liked the weather idea as well, I say more tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamies, rain? should be in as well, much like real life, that would be sweet.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Wasnt there already Animal crossing music tho? The missing letter was some other lost music
Maybe he got scrapped due to having little moveset potential in Sakurais eyes or to extent time restraints? I never played Animal Crossing, it looks kinda like Harvest Moon from what I see tho. Anyway his moveset wouldve been creative, much like Peach and Zeldas so maybe he might have a chance in SSB4

Lol if the weather was based on the forecast channel I dont think youd wanna see a hurricane xD Here in SoCal I expect there to be a lot of sunny weather and sometimes cloudy

OmegaXXII

Probably, still I'd like to see some orchastrated tracks from FE/Zelda, heck why not any series, that would bring joy to my ears.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Is it a hack to upload your own music? Anyway some tourney vids I saw that had Zircon's music, who Ive heard every now and then but sadly never took the time to look into except recently. More trancy drum n bass music like his would be nice to see. Its good fight music :)

OmegaXXII

What, do you mean in Brawl? Yes it's a hack, you set it up on a SD card if you didn't know, hackers always use this method to put whatever songs they like, personally I would include some Street Fighter themes or Metal/Rock ones, the electric guitar sound is too good bro. :cool:

OmegaXXII

I like it, I still recommend you pick up Croc sometime, it's also on PC in case you didn't know, it's a good titles that underrated indeed.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Oh I was wondering if it was an unlockable or not lol
But yea I know how hacks work, my friend had the Homebrew Channel installed on my old Wii. I had King of Fighters and Brawl Plus. Makes me miss it all :(
Id have loved too add some instrumental metal.
Come to think of it, Ive heard orchestral Zelda music but not too much FE. Im gonna look up some, and possibly OC Remixes :)

OmegaXXII

Yes, I'd reccommend you check out some FE songs, they are great, also if you haven't aged any FE games I advise you to try it out sometime, there good IMO, I've never played any Zelda games as well lol, I wouldn't even know where to start, maybe SS or OoT would be good?

But yea, a custom music option for SSB4 needs to happen yo! No excuses. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Ohh, I see, my bad, so I now withdraw my coment on the lost stage discussion.

Also great idea for another stage.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Aged? Typo :p
But yea I have played FE. I beat Sacred Stones countless times lol I never got the chance to finish 7 or the Radiant games tho. Its sad cause I love FEs style of play
Youre totally missing out on Zelda bro xD but I started off with A Link to the Past which shows how the older games play
With Skyward Sword coming out, Id recommened OoT, WW or TP. All great games and should have you itching to play SS

I cant wait to see SS music in SSB4 and its remixed makes (but of course labeled remixed)

OmegaXXII

No doubt SS Music will be on there, I hope it has phenomenal orchatrated songs on there.

Also any Megaman and Street Fighter should be on there as well.

army man

Smash Ace
Yes, I'd reccommend you check out some FE songs, they are great, also if you haven't aged any FE games I advise you to try it out sometime, there good IMO, I've never played any Zelda games as well lol, I wouldn't even know where to start, maybe SS or OoT would be good?

But yea, a custom music option for SSB4 needs to happen yo! No excuses. :laugh:

never played zelda?!!!!!???!!?!?!?! very interesting....... very interesting indeed:glare:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dont know about Megaman and Street Fighter. I can only really see MM being in SSB4 (btw it was just a comment on Youtube that I didnt look into but it said that if UMvC3 sells well the developers might consider a MM DLC)
About Zelda OoT is considered one of the greatest games ever so you could start off with that, but you just gotta play the other games I mentioned :)

Edit: Oh wait unless you meant SF music uploaded then yes it should very much be in the game :)

OmegaXXII

Hmm..Majora's Mask? Maybe of it's good? I like platformers so if this can deliver then I'm set.

Also if Megaman appears I expect music from Capcom such as Street Fighter, just music would be nice, the upload option also sounds like a great idea.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Zelda games are more puzzle and adventure. It has somewhat of a RPG feel to it since you gain weapons but no leveling up. Majoras Mask is the sequel to OoT and Ive heard its a lot of fun. I dunno you got a lot of options but WW is pretty damn cute and I played that before TP and OoT

I dont think they would add Capcom music other than MM. There was nothing else from Sega or Kojima and the options from third party music is too broad but I can maybe see the main theme for SF

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
THE NEW SSB4 ROSTER HAS BEEN REVEALED!!!!

- Bryan Fury
- Chuck Norris
- Tomoya Okazaki
- Goku
- Cyrax
- Larvitar
- Sakurai
- Mii
- Chao
- Ryu
- Spiderman
- Jehosephat
- Shikimaru
- Dywane Wade
- Waluigi
- Knightmare
- Crash Bandicoot
- Daisy
- Jack (from power stone)
- Lil Wayne
- Paper Mario

http://www.ssb4secretrosterrevealed.com/

All jokes aside, I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I actually wouldn't mind an MK character being in Smash...

I'd love to see the Chao Garden as an exclusive training stage, too.

Larvitar? Meh, would be better than Pupitar, at least. Tyranitar would be 100000000x better, though.

Waluigi is a dark horse to be in Smash, and Paper Mario actually is pretty likely and so are Miis.

I'm probably the only one who secretly wants Sakurai himself to be in Smash...

Ryu would be alright, I guess. NOT BETTER THAN MEGA MAN, THOUGH. He'd just be a semi-decent choice.

Daisy... what could she really bring to Smash that Peach hasn't already done?

Goku... as a huge DBZ fan, I actually wouldn't mind him being in Smash, but online he'd be like the only character that people would use, and anime characters don't really have a place in company-exclusive games, either.

Never liked Crash Bandicoot, if any Naughty Dog-created character got in, it should be Nathan Drake.

No real-life characters please other than Sakurai or Chuck Norris. Especially not Lil Wayne of all people.

Batman > Spider-Man

Please don't flood this post with stupid "You do know this list is a joke right?!?!" replies, that'd be totally missing the point of it...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've played all the console Zelda titles and I think my favorite is original Legends of Zelda for the NES. I love the whole exploration. If you want a challenging platformer Zelda 2 is your game. It's also where Link gets his Down and up aerials from. OOT had a great story and it looks great even in it's N64 style but I found it too linear and easy to beat. The Master Quest I hardly saw any changes.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That reminds me of an idea I had about the Pokemon Trainer: what if the alt costumes for the 3 Pokemon were their evolved/devolved forms? Like Squirtle's 2 alts would be Wartortle and Blastoise, Charizard's 2 alts would be Charmander and Chameleon, and Ivysaur's would be Bulbasaur and Venusaur. I feel this would represent starter Pokemon more completely, but I'm not sure how this would work and whether you could actually make a Charmander convincing as an alt for a Charizard (same thing for Squirtle/Blastoise and Ivysaur/Venusaur). Their playstyles would have to be completely different. Plus, you'd need to hire different voice actors, and rework their animations to fit the "alt costumes". That sounds like a ton of work for just a few alts. Charmander and Chameleon don't have wings, either, unlike Charizard. Same thing with Blastoise and its water cannons.

Come to think that, my idea doesn't sound nearly as plausible as when I first thought it up. Oh well, there's still hope for a Raichu/Pichu alt for Pikachu...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Do you guys think Toon Link will get the boot or do you think he'll stay? If we don't get a new Toon Link game by the time Smash4 comes out I can see Young Link coming back.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Do you guys think Toon Link will get the boot or do you think he'll stay? If we don't get a new Toon Link game by the time Smash4 comes out I can see Young Link coming back.
Sakurai feels that it's important to have old and young representation of Link, so a younger version of Link in general isn't going anywhere, I'd say.

As for getting replaced with Young Link... eh, I doubt it, Toon Link represents the cel-shaded Zelda series along with younger version of Link, and he is more recent/relevant. I'm not sure what Young Link would represent other that being a Young Link, plus aesthetically, Toon Link brings more to the table than Young Link ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom