• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Meh, don't wanna get off topic. I promised Omega I'd try to keep things SSB4 related.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not completely sure who is on who's side anymore, actually...

However, I would like Sonic to return in smash 4

What if they put like...onions on your pizza?
I hate onions. :<

And I don't think any character in smash is comparable to how horrible onions is!
Aren't you the guy with that godot avatar before?

Anyway, I guess that sums it up. Right?

@Hex: It's not going off topic. It's just comparing this to an object. That's all. Just don't overdo it :urg:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Onions are weird. Its like, they add nothing to the pizza imo.

Oh. I guess ganon is brawls onions gameplay wise. He has no impact on the competitive scene. :D

EDIT: Yessss I am the godot guy. =w= See, some dood in this other thread asked if we can beat our avatar up. Without a lasor face i'm at a huge disadvantage. However I'm pretty sure I can take the s'more on!

EDITEDITEDITEDIT: Awwww wait. Someone remembered me in this thread?! Awww I feel loved. <3 I should really go back to godot. '3'

Well it seems like this argument has stopped. Everyone is fine with that?

Edit: That's cause I play ace attorney a lot

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That isn't happening, because for whatever heck of a reason Shortie has become the Kuma to my Smashchu (or vice versa). It's like watching the cute puppy I raised grow into a mean pitbull.

Our arguments have a long way to go before they are of the legendary sort.

The funniest aspect of this whole debate is I don't even think third party characters will be in! I just cannot stand the argument.
Sadly, Kuma will never argue with me. Kind of sad actually. Probably because he hated my stance.

Err.... Is it okay if I compare this to some pizza?

Okay.

The delicious pizza is smash bros. and the gameplay

The toppings are the characters.

The additional toppings that would be the 3rd parties.

The more, the tastier.

Err... Sorry for the horrible analogy.
No, I thin k it works.

Here, I'll add this in. This was the post I made in the social group relating to the quotes Star posted.

He's staying somewhat neutral on the issue. But he always does that with Smash. Ask him if Mario is in, and he'll say "It's possible." What is interesting though is that his stance changes though time. The first quote is during Brawl's development. The second is after Brawl's release at GDC 08. The last is at this E3 (2011). Notice how he is very fine with the idea in the first one, but he takes a drastic turn in the second. He is almost opposed to the idea saying they can't more outside characters and how there was a lot of opposition for it. It is likely may not take that rode. His tone is still different from the first and third quote. He kind of shots down the Capcom idea. he goes from "It's possible, BUT...." He sounds more pessimistic. Notice how his first line is phrased as "I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility." He's saying it in the reverse we think. We think he says "it's possible, but..." He is instead saying "It's not totally impossible." Basically, he is kind of saying it likely wont happen. It does show that there was something wrong with adding Snake. So much so that he defined it as a Nintendo All Star game.

The reason I always said he wouldn't add anymore and remove the two is how his actions have been. Note that on the Dojo, he always refers to them as guest characters. He implies that they are not staples of the series (like Ness, Ice Climbers or Fox). I'd say that they have the lowest priority with no guarantee to return.

The other thing is Sonic. He was the most popular character by a long shot. People requested him before third parties were allowed in. Where the entire roster was planned in 2005/2006, Sonic was added in 2007, late in development. This is the character everyone asked for, being a late decision. This is also in the face of everyone who thought that 3 third party characters was a sure thing. But this never happened. The plan was likely that Snake was to be the only one as it was kind of a cool idea. People talk a lot about Megaman, but he is no where near Sonic's level. Even though it has been mentioned to Capcom in Japan, likely nothing will come of that as the people likely have little to no pull. Unless there is a personal deal, all things run though corporate. If there is any money involved, Nintendo will likely say no due to their financial situation. There is a lot of legal work that goes on. I'm sure that is part of the difficulty of adding them. The other part if making them work. My theory why Snake has disjointed hitboxes. They are trying to compensate for a character who can't extent their body and is realistic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think it works

I hate pizza with a lot of toppings

Pepperoni and mushrooms. No more, no less.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Star, really? I should have expected it though.
Or, better yet, you don't even consider that maybe having Sonic return could be a benefit?
You're right. Him not being in doesn't add anything.

But instead of take my point and just agree, you decide to paint this false image as if I'm saying anything other than this: The game doesn't need him. It doesn't not in any way shape of form. You can say everything you want. But when it comes down to it. It doesn't. Super Smash Brothers will still sell extrememly well without the likes of Sonic the ****ing hedgehog. It will and has sold well without any third parties.

My point still stands.

I never said it doesn't help sales by him not being in. Despite what you're implying. I find it kind of silly to say Sonic returning will ever be as exciting as Sonic joining the Brawl. Don't know why you would go there.

In general you brought up a whole lot of nothing really.

That isn't happening, because for whatever heck of a reason Shortie has become the Kuma to my Smashchu (or vice versa). It's like watching the cute puppy I raised grow into a mean pitbull.
Don't make me puke. You act as if you were some father figure of Smash boards to me.

Besides, if I was any animal it would be cat related. Or maybe a Swan. Not a stupid pitbull. (Sorry Dog lovers)
I think Shortie has a point. Sonic is a bonus, not a requirement.
Good. Someone gets it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Shortie has a point. Sonic is a bonus, not a requirement.

He might return, he is a fan favorite. But he still is a bonus.

Him not returning would disappoint a lot of people though, and along with some other issues Brawl had, could turn off people from Smash 4

It adds flavor to the game if you add Sonic but the game is still good.

Although, I'm not a fan of eating plain old pizza so that's why I put pepperoni which are the characters

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But instead of take my point and just agree, you decide to paint this false image as if I'm saying anything other than this: The game doesn't need him. It doesn't not in any way shape of form. You can say everything you want. But when it comes down to it. It doesn't. Super Smash Brothers will still sell extrememly well without the likes of Sonic the ****ing hedgehog. It will and has sold well without any third parties.
And I never said Smash Bros need's him, now you are putting words into my mouth. Smash Bros does not need many characters apart from the staples, so again, if you want to fall upon an argument I suggest you look to another. I don't care if you don't believe he won't return, I don't either. But to reduce it to "sales, sales, sales" misses a very real factor that you just keep either trivializing or avoiding altogether.

I never said it doesn't help sales by him not being in. Despite what you're implying. I find it kind of silly to say Sonic returning will ever be as exciting as Sonic joining the Brawl. Don't know why you would go there.

In general you brought up a whole lot of nothing really.
I know you never said that, I flipped the argument so as to make a point. I wasn't implying anything. Instead of actually conceding to try and understand you just label me as someone who is trying to falsely label things.

My point still stands.
Your point stands because it cannot be proven, anymore than you can prove what I had said when I flipped the argument. Now are you beginning to understand my point?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it looks like you agree with my point.
No I do not because I do not agree with your logic. Which is all I have been attempting to debate here, I could care less about the character.

This time I am done. Buenos noches.

Sigh

Then it continues. You know what, I'll act as an audience like Oasis and the rest unless Hex replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
mmm... pizza... what topping is snake? sonic? slime? (ewww... slime flavored) Mega Man? Black Mage? Simon Belmont? Geno? (mmm... geno flavored, lol)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No I do not because I do not agree with your logic. Which is all I have been attempting to debate here, I could care less about the character.
Okay master. Tell me what I've done wrong. I want you to tell me what you think I'm saying, and show me how I'm wrong. Otherwise this will never be resolved.

I also don't give a flying **** about Sonic either. My point was, well you know what my point is.

Okay, you can leave. Like you always do.

mmm... pizza... what topping is snake? sonic? slime? (ewww... slime flavored) Mega Man? Black Mage? Simon Belmont? Geno? (mmm... geno flavored, lol)
They're just additions to the toppings. They're like hot sauce. Something like that.

In the end, the pizza alone with out toppings can taste good but adding toppings would make it even better.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I imagine people will be hacking SSB4 within a week, and Sonic would be added in within a month by the fans. XP

Seriously guys, don't get the thread locked again...

I imagine people will be hacking SSB4 within a week, and Sonic would be added in within a month by the fans. XP
Just like that Shadow PSA.

Anyway, honestly.... (I probably don't know much about this) I didn't know there was a little or much hostility between Shortie and Star. Sorry if I missed a lot.

We're not going off topic. We're just comparing. There's nothing wrong with comparing. Just don't overdo it like what I said a few posts back.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just like that Shadow PSA.

Anyway, honestly.... (I probably don't know much about this) I didn't know there was a little or much hostility between Shortie and Star. Sorry if I missed a lot.
There isn't on my end. Well, not until he likened me to a pet dog he raised. That pissed me off considering he's wasn't even one of the people I actually looked up to back then.

Thino

Smash Master
at the end we're all gonna get trolled by Sakurai anyway

our debates are meaningless since our only facts so far are based on previous installments of the game

SO LETS BE FRANDS

It's actually good, heck I put extra on mine all the time. :p

So..what's up with the topic?

Edit: Stay on topic guys, thank you. :)

:phone:
It's called analogy Omega.

We're comparing smash bros. to pizza.

Anyway, today was a huge *** battle between shortie and nick (Starphoenix - Get what I mean? Phoenix Wright?).

It's just an argument about 3rd parties being cut. That's all.

It wasn't a debate and I can obviously see who morphed it in to an argument

Shortie doesn't care about him. He wants to cut him off the roster.

And no, I didn't do anything. All I know is that Shortie is gettin' worse.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i can clarify on everything... although, i'm not sure if i should.

no, he doesn't WANT to cut him off the roster. no, shortie is not getting worse.

But didn't he say that he has the heart to cut more than 5 characters?

Ohhh.... Wait. I see.... He can but he won't cut the characters.

Riiiight... He's not getting worse from calling me semi ********

Yeah, bring this to the Backroom

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Berserker: Well I have to say shortie is wrong, what's wrong with him? Of course Sonic is likely to appear whether he likes it or not.

Edit: 502 gateway. :urg:
:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
actually, i was the heartless one whom said that i would cut 5 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom