• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
but they didn't add him... those fools! they saw the official polls with Mega Man X at the top and then skipped him for Strider Hiryu and the rest of them. Phoenix Wright. that's what got the even major backlash, when something was offered and then taken away. sure there was some distaste when no mega was in the original, but the ultimate version utilized the fans input.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Then you missed a lot. Seriously.
Lol, what news regarding characters like Geno or Bowser JR. was posted that spread the whole world over, so that people who aren't connected to the Smash community at all would have seen it? I'm honestly curious, because I check sites like IGN, 1up, etc. religiously.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, what news regarding characters like Geno or Bowser JR. was posted that spread the whole world over, so that people who aren't connected to the Smash community at all would have seen it? I'm honestly curious, because I check sites like IGN, 1up, etc. religiously.
Geno was one of IGN's top picks for Brawl characters

Uhhh... Don't check IGN. They predicted that Ludwig Von Koopa would get in. I lost the article though.

@Psycho: Top picks but did they predict that Geno would get in

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This. Besides, I would expect you of all people to recall the rumors about Bowser Jr. Ridley and Toon Link. Not to mention the massive amounts of Geno buzz.

At the end of this all. You still haven't given me a reason why not adding him would hurt Nintendo's sales. The fans would still buy the game, and definitely get over it. And if they didn't they're cry babies who need to grow the **** up.

Not adding him isn't the end of the world by any means, and now I'm done because we aren't getting anywhere.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
But Geno wasn't the entire focus of the article. >_> Which is what it would be if Sonic and/or Snake got cut. That's my point. And that's the extent of my point. I never said anything about sales, lastin repercussions, or any of that. I only said that fans would be really angry, and the gaming community would react more vocally and singularly to their removal than they would any other character, and that Sakurai would weigh fan reaction to Sonic's cut more heavily than he would for characters like Mewtwo or Roy, simply because it was the fans that demanded him in the first place.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This isn't the same. This is ultimately about NINTENDO'S ALL-STARS. Which Sonic is not.
If you haven't noticed. NOBODY CARES! Seriously, it is only a very very VERY small minority of people who hold to some "purity" view when in fact third party characters (good choices) add more than they take away. If you don't like them, don't use them. If 100,000 people want one option versus 1000 who do not, which has the more pull? Granted I am tired of the stupid choices as anyone else is, but if the two third party characters we have return of we get Megaman or someone from Square Enix, it isn't going to kill the series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you haven't noticed. NOBODY CARES!
When you give me a reason besides, "People will be disappointed/mad/sad" I'll change my tune. Sorry, but Sakurai cares. He's definitely somebody. If he didn't care, we would have had a lot more 3rd parties in Brawl. Besides, I talk about my favorite third parties all the time. So don't spout off about me being a purist. That's just what the game is, and at the end of the day, what it will be.

Nintendo's All-Stars ft. *inster 3rd party guest here*

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i care! lol jeez. what was the point in me even combating with hex and anyone else? or what ever it all meant?

so... have we all cooled down now?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i care! lol jeez. what was the point in me even combating with hex and anyone else? or what ever it all meant?
It all started because you said "Guest's don't have to return" and I said "He isn't needed". Which has been the focus of my argument the whole time.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
And then somehow, sales figures got added the equation, even though I don't think anybody ever brought up sales...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And then somehow, sales figures got added the equation, even though I don't think anybody ever brought up sales...
I was looking for an actual reason, not just touchy feelings and disappointment. Which no one brought up yet.

BUT SERIOUSLY. I'm going to stop replying now.

New subject please.

Rumors are always bound to be false when it comes to this. Unless it has solid proof then it is true. Out of all of them, only Toon Link got in. To think that Jr. and Ridley were rejected by Sakurai. Not Ridley (Technically) since he was a boss.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! That's it. If you want to cut the 3rd parties then fine. Tell Sakurai cause we don't give a ****. I don't know how many people in the whole world want Snake and Sonic cut but who cares. I don't care what Sakurai thinks about the two anyway. In the end, this is all pointless speculation that can or can't happen. It all does not matter.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo and the other characters who got cut in melee were clones. Maybe the fanbase didn't care because they were mere clones or they were disappointed. Doesn't matter. It had a negative effect to the fanbase which is a bad thing. They could have gave them a cool new moveset but there were some random factors that lead to their removal.
But are those cuts really bad considering what those characters' series received in Brawl? A different/more character(s), an actual FE stage, more playable pokemon (and stages), as well as music (which is a given) would counter the disappointment of losing mostly clones I assume. I don't even think Pichu should've been in. Roy in Mewtwo are in their own separate, yet different categories. One could be de-cloned like the Falco, etc. while the other could be improved and brought back in SSB4.

You mean in their Smash it Up! series? They covered a lot of characters there. I liked reading it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/798/798662p1.html

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! That's it. If you want to cut the 3rd parties then fine. Tell Sakurai cause we don't give a ****. I don't know how many people in the whole world want Snake and Sonic cut but who cares. I don't care what Sakurai thinks about the two anyway. In the end, this is all pointless speculation that can or can't happen. It all does not matter.
This whole site is pointless, remember?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Ahhhh! so it seems like we've all cooled down now!

so... i've got a roster. wanna see? TOO LATE!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
lol, all I ever said was in response berserker stating that he thought Snake and Sonic's return to be unlikely solely due to their being third party characters. To which I responded that the reason didn't make sense because Sakurai has already talked about the possibility of new third party characters. XP

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When you give me a reason besides, "People will be disappointed/mad/sad" I'll change my tune. Sorry, but Sakurai cares. He's definitely somebody.
Do you realize how absurd of a comment that is? I mean honestly, to have to explain how a popular character being removed would not upset people is really quite astounding.

I think out of anyone here I've actually taken a bit of time to read what Sakurai has said and taken a little tool called reading comprehension to get an idea of what he thinks. And as I have stated before he does care about the fans and is probably the only one who really does give a damn. Sakurai even discusses how popular both characters are, but subdues his statement by talking about the faction that does not approve. He is not stupid, he recognizes both aspects involved. If it had truly been an issue he wouldn't have even allowed the two he did.

Fan demand is enough of a reason, whether you accept it or not is up to you. I'm done. I've spent far more time than I have here.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1. Servbots are the closest thing to Capcom's unofficial Mascot, and they're everywhere in MvC 3 :awesome: (Felyne is growing tho)

2. IGN. nuff said.

3. Hex, what are the symbols in your sig for? As far as I can tell:
1. ?
2. Mega Man
3. ?
4. Punch-Out
5. Joy Mech Fight
6. Panel de Pon (?)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
1. Servbots are the closest thing to Capcom's unofficial Mascot, and they're everywhere in MvC 3 :awesome: (Felyne is growing tho)

2. IGN. nuff said.

3. Hex, what are the symbols in your sig for? As far as I can tell:
1. ?
2. Mega Man
3. ?
4. Punch-Out
5. Joy Mech Fight
6. Panel de Pon (?)
Custom Robo and Sin and Punishment are 1 & 3, respectively. I was bored, so I started making hypothetical symbols. I didn't make the Panel de Pon one, though, but I thought it was well done, so I stuck it in with the rest.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you realize how absurd of a comment that is? I mean honestly, to have to explain how a popular character being removed would not upset people is really quite astounding.
Hey Star, why don't you give me a reason why not adding him will be a bad thing? Sales perhaps? Hmmm? Instead of just saying "He's popular!!!!!! Which makes him important!!!"

I'm not ********. I realize people would be disappointed, BUT THE GAME WOULD STILL DO WELL AND PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT WITH OR WITHOUT SONIC.

Yeah. Until then, I stand by what I said.

You're acting like I suggest he not come back because I personally don't like him.

From the begining I've been saying "THE SERIES CAN DO JUST FINE WITHOUT HIM. HE IS NOT NEEDED" I said nothing about him not being wanted.

Or him being cut would be an easy decision.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hey Star, why don't you give me a reason why not adding him will be a bad thing? Sales perhaps? Hmmm? Instead of just saying "He's popular!!!!!! Which makes him important!!!"

I'm not ********. I realize people would be disappointed, BUT THE GAME WOULD STILL DO WELL AND PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT WITH OR WITHOUT SONIC.

Fan reaction does have a monetary result. Albeit, a very gradual one, but it does effect their bottom line. Because bad decisions leave a sour taste in one's mouth. Over time enough bad decisions can turn people away from buying a company's games. I've seen plenty of people stop buying games in certain franchises because what they liked about it was removed.

Obviously, one disagreeable decisions won't make bad things happen, but over time, little things add up.

And in some instances, the inclusions of a character like Sonic or an aspect of that significance IS enough to be the deciding factor for a lot of people. For instance, the only Soul Calibur game I ever bought was 2, because Link was in it. Call be shallow, but there are other people like me out there.

Sure, I'm just one in a million, but it DOES make a difference. In many instances, there are enough likeminded people to make a real difference.

But are those cuts really bad considering what those characters' series received in Brawl? A different/more character(s), an actual FE stage, more playable pokemon (and stages), as well as music (which is a given) would counter the disappointment of losing mostly clones I assume. I don't even think Pichu should've been in. Roy in Mewtwo are in their own separate, yet different categories. One could be de-cloned like the Falco, etc. while the other could be improved and brought back in SSB4.

You mean in their Smash it Up! series? They covered a lot of characters there. I liked reading it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/798/798662p1.html
I don't know how they got in to be honest. For Pichu, I'm not a pokemon fan. For Roy, I'm not am FE fan. For Dr. Mario, I don't know. Maybe it's because he was a clone.

In other words, I'm not sure.
This whole site is pointless, remember?
You mean the whole smash boards?

You are very wrong then. As in, SO WRONG.

You think this site is only about speculation? You forgot, this site is solely for COMPETITIVE gamers. Well not solely but mostly since it pertains to smash bros' competitive scene.
lol, all I ever said was in response berserker stating that he thought Snake and Sonic's return to be unlikely solely due to their being third party characters. To which I responded that the reason didn't make sense because Sakurai has already talked about the possibility of new third party characters. XP
I never said it was unlikely.

I'm unsure about Sonic's removal or inclusion. I'm neutral on it but I like Sonic and Snake

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You are very wrong then. As in, SO WRONG.

You think this site is only about speculation? You forgot, this site is solely for COMPETITIVE gamers. Well not solely but mostly since it pertains to smash bros' competitive scene.
Which could be argued is pointless.

****. I'm missing the VMA's. No time to move onto another pointless task.

Which could be argued is pointless.

****. I'm missing the VMA's. No time to move onto another pointless task.
Compared to real life, yes. It is pointless.

The ratings (In most gaming websites) of smash bros. brawl wasn't high simply because of the 3rd parties however it did have a positive effect on the fans. Well except for IGN. IGN gave it a 9.5 due to lack of 3rd parties

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

You're acting like I suggest he not come back because I personally don't like him.

From the begining I've been saying "THE SERIES CAN DO JUST FINE WITHOUT HIM. HE IS NOT NEEDED" I said nothing about him not being wanted.
Since you seem to enjoy making arbitrary arguments, why don't we flip this entire argument. Prove to me why not having Sonic would benefit the next title? Or let me put it to you this way, would not the game sell better having Sonic included than without? As I stated in my discussion with Smashchu a returning guest can have the same impact as one appearing for the first time. Having a returning guest and a new one would be just as exciting and as appealing as with Brawl. You sit here and take this black and white approach saying it is all about sales when there are other factors involved. Or, better yet, you don't even consider that maybe having Sonic return could be a benefit? This whole debate is based upon something so very baseless to expect anything more than what has been said is unreasonable.

No character is needed outside of 8, so your point is moot. You neutralize your own argument.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Woooow dooooods calm down~!
Different people will have different opinions. =p

Besides, don't ya think this is kinda petty and pointless? Kiss n makeup soon. C: When ya argue here ya sidetrack the entire thread. '3'

OOooooh and
y'link

Homebrew will work on a newer wii~! Buuuuut, ya have to get a different version of it. The wii is constantly updating itself, but the folks that make homebrew make a new version within like a week every time its updated. Definitely turn updates off if ya don't wanna keep updating. =w=

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That isn't happening, because for whatever heck of a reason Shortie has become the Kuma to my Smashchu (or vice versa). It's like watching the cute puppy I raised grow into a mean pitbull.

Our arguments have a long way to go before they are of the legendary sort.

The funniest aspect of this whole debate is I don't even think third party characters will be in! I just cannot stand the argument.

Err.... Is it okay if I compare this to some pizza?

Okay.

The delicious pizza is smash bros. and the gameplay

The toppings are the characters.

The additional toppings that would be the 3rd parties.

The more, the tastier.

Err... Sorry for the horrible analogy.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Woww, thread moves way to fast. I would jump into this discussion, but I'd rather take a side knowing there is a sound argument behind it. Gonna sit it out.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
What if they put like...onions on your pizza?
I hate onions. :<

And I don't think any character in smash is comparable to how horrible onions is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom