• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Saying that Tingle is the "best" choice is very biased and stupid.

:phone:
It's highly subjective, yes, but it's hardly stupid.

Going off the generally accepted criteria of:

- Important to franchise
- Brings something unique
- Recognizable/Popular

Tingle is probably the best choice for the Legend of zelda. Sure, he lacks in the popularity department, but he's not without fans!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
He goes 2 whole games without adding D3 or Metaknight, who are totally worthy of being in smash, due to humility and finally adds them because they are highly asked for and you call him ridiculously bias?
You can't be serious. Yes, he's biased. Have you not seen what he has done? He was always planning to add them but some issues came along and couldn't, specifically SSB64.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's 3 am over here, I got caught up playing FE Gaiden. You must level up a lot, and most enemys only give you is 2 exp and since you lvl up a 100. It's very tedious. XP

Female characters, the only ones I see happening are Medusa/Palutena, Caeda, and a Wii RPG character.

Magnus, I'm neutral on him. Before deciding on him I'd rather see how he does in Uprising.

Mewtwo, I only see him getting back in if Pokemon gets 6 slots, as I doubt Sakurai will cut Lucario who works as a 4th Gen rep and is one of the most unique characters in Smash.

Tingle, he really shouldn't be in as a 5th Zelda rep, if 4th then sure, just buff up normal Link by fusing him and Toon/Young.

Those are my thoughts for now, I'm off to bed.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
- Best Zelda choice, despite any Vaati/Ghirahim arguments

Ghirahim is a lot better choice imo and have a feeling he is going to be very important to the zelda timeline. Plus his moveset can be very unique

- He's got his own franchise

spinoff and it's only in Japan

- Has taken the place for one of Nintendo's retro stars

not enough to warrent inclusion in smash bros

- One of the most unique potential movesets around

what would he do ?

- Actually has fans, despite what anyone says

poor misguided ppl :(

sorry I try not to be bias, I have excepted characters like vincinty and toad as a valid choice even though I dont really like them all that well, but tingle there no way I can picture him in the game other then as assist trophy

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope Tingle prances around like the fairy he is, causing his big ol' belly to jiggle around.

PERSONALITY.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright soviet, if that is you trying not to show bias, I think we're done with this discussion.

What do you guys think of having Zoroark act like Charade does in Soul Calibur? Pretty much like Random, but with his own effects on attacks and his own icon/victory screen/image for stocks and stuff/final smash? You pick Zoroark, and then you get a random character that you play as. Your moves all have darkness texture effects, though.

Pretty much it's random.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
- Best Zelda choice, despite any Vaati/Ghirahim arguments

Ghirahim is a lot better choice imo and have a feeling he is going to be very important to the zelda timeline. Plus his moveset can be very unique
Important, yes. That doesn't NOT make him a one time character. Just like Zant, and Midna.

- He's got his own franchise

spinoff and it's only in Japan
EU too. Ignorant people in America got him cut off from us. Hmmmmmm.

Thanks.

- Has taken the place for one of Nintendo's retro stars

not enough to warrent inclusion in smash bros
Man, I wish you would actually bring up something I dunno, logical other than saying "Nope. Doesn't work."

- One of the most unique potential movesets around

what would he do ?
Seriously? Do you even read what we write? He would draw from Balloon Fighter, as well as Rupee Land. Possibly even the LoZ franchise.

- Actually has fans, despite what anyone says

poor misguided ppl :(

sorry I try not to be bias, I have excepted characters like vincinty and toad as a valid choice even though I dont really like them all that well, but tingle there no way I can picture him in the game other then as assist trophy
This quote here proves that you don't try that hard. Which is fine. Just don't expect me to ever take what you have to say seriously.

I'm also very done arguing this.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I see Zoroark as the Shang Tsung of Smash, personally. Using illusion to become your opponent, or maybe even having two other random characters to turn into.

Putting him in a tier would be a b*tch.

Using other characters movesets himself... Would be a little impractical to do, I think? He would need to actually become the other character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Putting him in a tier would be a b*tch.
Oh tiers. . . . I would love a major shake up. You know what could do that? Some innovation in the gameplay department. Which would make little boys like me giddy.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Guys I really don't know... how would Bowser look in SSB4? Should he look like he does in the Mario games (which doesn't seem fitting) or stay the way he is? I personally think he could use a few touch-ups.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's highly subjective, yes, but it's hardly stupid.

Going off the generally accepted criteria of:

- Important to franchise
- Brings something unique
- Recognizable/Popular

Tingle is probably the best choice for the Legend of zelda. Sure, he lacks in the popularity department, but he's not without fans!
Yes, but the question here is, does he actually deserve to be in? Will Miyamoto and Sakurai include him in over a possible Skyward Sword rep? What if Sakurai decides to promote a one-shot character instead?

Sure Tingle has a chance but let's not draw to conclusions as to him being more likely , nothing personal agaisnt him, I'm just not going to rule out Ghirahim or anybody for that matter.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Guys I really don't know... how would Bowser look in SSB4? Should he look like he does in the Mario games (which doesn't seem fitting) or stay the way he is? I personally think he could use a few touch-ups.
He'll probably remain similar to how he looks in Brawl. Imagine him with WiiU graphics though. Hex brought up some good examples for why Bowser is probably going to show off the graphical capabilities of the WiiU more than any other character~

OmegaXXII

Bowser looks fine as is, I don't think I would mind how he turns out, just as long as he's in a good tier position on the list then that's fine.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He'll probably remain similar to how he looks in Brawl. Imagine him with WiiU graphics though. Hex brought up some good examples for why Bowser is probably going to show off the graphical capabilities of the WiiU more than any other character~
I'm afraid for Pikachu, Jiggly, Ness and Kirbs. How much more detailed can they get? Besides Ness's clothes, they all have a very basic design. I don;t know if "fur" will look good on Pika either.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Lol, I love when people talk about Tingle. There's three groups of people;

1) Supporters: Generally, they don't actually like Tingle himself, but rather recognize that he is undoubtedly the most deserving option. Almost through any criteria, Tingle comes out the most qualified.

2) Skeptics: Typically will put forward Ghirahim or Vaati. The arguments they use against Tingle however, are typically minor. It is worth noting that they say he's not relevant to the main series. It is worth noting, that based on their criteria, Skull Kid comes out over the desired candidate, though they never mention it.

3) Bafflers: So shocked and baffled by people bringing up Tingle that they cease to even put together arguments that aren't filled with contradiction and bias.

LoZ candidates (in perceived order of deserving):

Tingle: Spinoff series, supporting character in many LoZ titles.
Skull Kid: Starring Role in LoZ's second most beloved title, as well as recurring status. Game may be getting a remake.
Tetra: While technically Zelda, she has recently held consistent appearances since WW in Handheld titles.
Vaati: Villain of a sub-series within Zelda. Will not be returning, but still notable.
Ghirahim: He'll have appeared in one game when SB4 rolls around (we don't generally see a main series zelda for ~3 years, so even if he's recurring he's not major). Only more likely thanks to recent appearance.
Midna: Large fan following, starred in TP. One game only.
Zant: One game only villain where he died, and was revealed to be a pawn. Very minor.

I think that's a very fair assessment, wouldn't you?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like a 3rd version of link instead...

Old school Link,,,?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Alright soviet, if that is you trying not to show bias, I think we're done with this discussion.

What do you guys think of having Zoroark act like Charade does in Soul Calibur? Pretty much like Random, but with his own effects on attacks and his own icon/victory screen/image for stocks and stuff/final smash? You pick Zoroark, and then you get a random character that you play as. Your moves all have darkness texture effects, though.

Pretty much it's random.
everyone opinion is biased, if it was not you would not have an opinion

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Bowser looks fine as is, I don't think I would mind how he turns out, just as long as he's in a good tier position on the list then that's fine.

If Sakurai doesn't **** him up this time around. He should be a little faster, he isn't particularly slow. He should have Flame Cancelling, Jump Cancellable Bowser Bomb, etc. Whirling Fortress is the only safe OoS attack he has while many others could. If a JCBB were to be implemented, he would have two recoveries, one with great vertical recovery which he really needs.

Or instead of Fire Breath he could get a simple Fireball, but I think if Bowser Jr. is in that would be given to Jr.

Also do you guys think the LoZ characters will match up with Skyward Sword's graphical style? I'm not sure, because the system is HD but that doesn't exactly mean the characters won't get a redesign. It's sort of like a tradition in Smash.

OmegaXXII

For the most part, I am wondering if Tingle would even get a look similar to Skyward's style, he's I know he can be redesigned much like Sheik was but it would look a little weird seeind him like that, unless he makes an appearance in SS od course, I'm not sure about Ganondorf but I believe he would get the same treatment, all I want though is for him to go up the tier list and rebalance him bad.

As for Bowser, yeah, make him a little more responsive, also his B Forward needs to change, it's pretty generic, he should have a more interesting move instead.

Kantrip

Kantplay
everyone opinion is biased, if it was not you would not have an opinion
Yeah but you don't need your bias spewing out of everything you say! I don't even particularly like Tingle's character design but logically he is the most deserving choice for LoZ.

Anyways, I'm off for the night.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which version was that? Majora's Mask?

What the progress on Operation Moonfall?

To be honest, I'm betting Nintendo would've made the game regardless...

Still not announced, but now that I have a 3DS with OoT, I really hope it comes soon!

...Especially with the lack of choices I have for good games on the 3DS

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Still not announced, but now that I have a 3DS with OoT, I really hope it comes soon!

Just wait six months. You'll have a lot of choices out, and on the way.

SS revealed to release November twenty something btw.

OmegaXXII

Yes, all that really matters is if Nintendo and Miyamoto intend to do a remake of Majora's Mask, it's up to the fans, in this case Operation Moonfall to influence them just in case they are having doubts about releasing such a remake.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Re-make of Chrono Trigger on the DS ;)

I'm almost done with Chrono's moveset, just working on his final smash. Maaaannnnn, it's hard doing him. A lot of his moves are extremely similar to other fighters in smash, but i guess thats what i get for having a Katana user. I guess at least i made some small differences, and his final smash i'm planning to be pretty darn intense. I know what it'll be... Kind of. I need to think about how i'd transfer it to smash...

I'm also thinking about possible stages...

OmegaXXII

Yes, a Chrono remake would be an excellent addition, more specifically if they did it for the Wii-U, I really don't care to much about the 3DS aside from a handful of games.

What stage do you have in mind?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
What's been going on here, I haven't been on since we were talking about Porky and Barbasol made a costume list :O

As for Tingle, 300 rupees each my a**, if he made the cut then I will destroy him with Toon Link

OmegaXXII

We've been babbling about a 5th Zelda rep for the most part, Tingle in particular, in my opinion I'd rather have Ghirahim but people seem to want Tingle more therefore shooting down any other potential candidates, it's silly really to even say that Tingle is more "deserving" when in fact there are other candidates to consider as well, you can't just ignore them just because you don't like a character.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lol. I don't like Tingle, what you can't ignore is that he is more important than a one shot villain.

He has a spin-off, represents a retro franchise, and is unique.

Oh yeah, he's also part of one of the top franchises that could use another rep but has nothing but one shots to add.

Tingle can have a rupee as his spinoff logo if need be.

OmegaXXII

Lol. I don't like Tingle, what you can't ignore is that he is more important than a one shot villain.

He has a spin-off, represents a retro franchise, and is unique.

Oh yeah, he's also part of one of the top franchises that could use another rep but has nothing but one shots to add.

Tingle can have a rupee as his spinoff logo if need be.

Yes of course, as much as I hate Tingle, I really can't say he doesn't have a chance because truth is;he does, I'm just trying aware people than even Ghirahim who is a one shot character could also get in, he's in a similar situation as Roy was in Melee, ragardless of him being a "one-shot" character, be is very much wanted as well and still has alot of popularity despite his only appearance in 2002.

Tingle, yes he definey has a shot at it if Miyamoto decides to do so, I'm just simply thinking that a relevant character like Ghirahim also has a probable chance, even if it isn't as probable as one might think.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Although I'd like to see Young Link alone, my idea for Toon Link to have a costume of him never happened in Brawl so I hope that it happens in SSB4
As much as I despise Tingle for what he did in Wind Waker I think he would have a good chance if Zelda got a fifth rep. I dont know about a character that would rep a single Zelda game, I mean sure it happened in Melee but maybe not SSB4. A character like Tingle (:mad:) who was in more than just one game would be more likely. Either that or another antagonist like a Darknut.....wait I'd like to see a Darknut more :D I just remembered how awesome I thought it would be to see one in Brawl and now there's another chance in SSB4

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I hear you.

Tingle's fanbase is a mere fairy tale.

cwutididthere?

Horrid character design beside, he would be fun to play as. There may even be a tolerable alternate costume.

OmegaXXII

Darknut? Who is he??

Anyway, I'd rather see Balloon Fighter instead, at least that guy is historically important, heck even Mach Rider would be nice.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Darknut, the bada** knights that you fight. In Wind Waker they were dogs for some reason, but in TP they were pretty f*uckin awesome.

These dudes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom