• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
wario just a fat slob not a child molester like tingle, and anyway if he is in he will be taking a spot from a more deserving character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wouldn't really go so far to say Tingle is undeserving. He's got more going for him than most other characters.

He's just a weirdo, lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
wario just a fat slob not a child molester like tingle, and anyway if he is in he will be taking a spot from a more deserving character.
Humor me. Like who. . . ? You could say one thing, and I would agree with you, or say another thing, and I lose my hope. And are you inferring that Tingle IS a child molester, but Wario ISNT?

Maybe I should toss Captain Syrup's name in here.

I still assume you could give her a moveset based on Wario's abilities in Wario Land...
I agree. Mona should be thrown in their as well. Same with Lyn and Caeda. They're decent ladies.

I wouldn't really go so far to say Tingle is undeserving. He's got more going for him than most other characters.

He's just a weirdo, lol.
You're one of the few people here who understand me. ;_;

Kantrip

Kantplay
:

Not fanservicey enough? How about Candy? :awesome: But seriously, who? Maybe Krystal?

He can bring Orublon or whatever that weirdo's name is. They can have some fun. Heck, throw in the AT Jeff. I mean, have you watched him "Prep" is model rocket before launching it in SSBB? I mean really Sakurai?
Krystal would probably be better, but does Starfox need the representation? How about Lip?

Dixie has the potential to be a luigi-fied Diddy Kong, like the space animals.

Up B: Ponytail spin - Dixie rises up while spinning her ponytail, and then glides slowly down. Can be controlled from side to side.

Side B: Monkey Flip - Dixie does a flip like Diddy's. If a button is pressed, Dixie will kick with both her feet extended. If no button is pressed, Dixie will latch onto the opponent with her Ponytail. While latched, Dixie can press A/B to swing her legs down and kick off against the opponent, or she can press up on the Control Stick to catapult herself off her enemy's head by her ponytail and into the air.

B: Tiny's Feather Bow - Dixie pulls out her younger sister's feather-shooting crossbow and begins winding a wooden knob on it. After 5 winds, the crossbow disappears and Dixie flashes to indicate that it is fully charged. When B is pressed again, Dixie will pull out the bow again and shoot 5 feathers in quick succession. These feathers shoot at about the trajectory and speed of Toon Link's fully charged arrows, but a bit faster. If down or up is pressed during shooting, Dixie will change her aim slightly in that direction and the arrows fired after that point will shoot out at the new angle.

Down B: Banana pluck - Meh.

Alternate Down B - Explosive orange toss - Dixie would throw an explosive orange in an arc that would blow up upon impact with the ground or an opposing player. Holding down the input increases the distance and power of the attack.

Just some ideas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal would probably be better, but does Starfox need the representation? How about Lip?

Dixie has the potential to be a luigi-fied Diddy Kong, like the space animals.
It depends on how you look at the game. Are you the collective type?(Look at SF as a whole) Or the individualistic type? (Look at each character and their merits)

All I know is, she has a much better chance at not being a clone than Dixie. Which is reason enough for me.

there you go a list of everyone thats more important then that thing
Spitting useless links won't make you look smart, or win any arguments for that matter. Since you have no real suggestions, I think I can say, I lost hope.

Kantrip

Kantplay
soviet... Tingle's on that list of yours. Nice foresight ;)

Shortie, to be honest, I look at both. First I look at the series, and what IT brings to Nintendo and the SSB world as a whole. Next, I look at the character in question and ask myself what they could bring to SSB by themselves. If the character deserves the representation more than another character of the same franchise, perhaps a switch is in order. If I decided that the franchise itself deserves more representation, then the character can just be added.

Starfox as a series needs no more rep. However, Krystal is more unique than Falco. Logically, I should think she should replace Falco. Except I just don't like her.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
not trying to look smart, tingle is such a horrible character and the time spent on him can be used on somebody that's not as dumb as him

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe Krystal along with a Dinosaur Planet stage would provide a change of atmosphere for Star Fox, Crimson...?

I mean, I know it's HATED AND ALL... but in Smash... Could be nice? :o

I DUNNO, I don't like writing off Krystal just because Star Fox has three characters already, but I suppose depending on the roster size, she'd be one of the first I'd suggest forgetting about.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yep, can't multi-quote :c

but I agree with Krystal, she is unique but should only be included to replace a luigified Falco, otherwise, I don't want her if it means 4 Star Fox reps, just NO.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
soviet... Tingle's on that list of yours. Nice foresight ;)

Shortie, to be honest, I look at both. First I look at the series, and what IT brings to Nintendo and the SSB world as a whole. Next, I look at the character in question and ask myself what they could bring to SSB by themselves. If the character deserves the representation more than another character of the same franchise, perhaps a switch is in order. If I decided that the franchise itself deserves more representation, then the character can just be added.
I'm glad you use some logic and are able to actually prove that. The way you look at characters is probably one of the best. Adding Krystal wouldn't be overboard, so I don't think she could be written off by a first glance at the StarFox series as a whole. And once you get into what she is in the series, and how she would play in SSB, it only betters her chances.

Starfox as a series needs no more rep. However, Krystal is more unique than Falco. Logically, I should think she should replace Falco. Except I just don't like her.

See how he uses throws in his opinion, as well as uses logic to back up their argument? You could do that too, and earn my respect. Instead of just bashing a character because you think He's dumb. He's a child molestor. He's gay ect.

Opinions only go so far.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, a female rep?

How about Lip? She could be redesigned to not be wearing a short skirt (I've seen appropriate teenage fanart that could work), could wield blocks, flowers and poison-damage attacks, and in the SSBU trailer, could fill in the female and retro slots simultaneously.

Not a big fan of her myself, but I'd rather have her than Dixie, Krystal or Medusa...

Kantrip

Kantplay
Maybe Krystal along with a Dinosaur Planet stage would provide a change of atmosphere for Star Fox, Crimson...?

I DUNNO, I don't like writing off Krystal just because Star Fox has three characters already, but I suppose depending on the roster size, she'd be one of the first I'd suggest forgetting about.

Perhaps. Nintendo has enough franchises like that already. Starfox, F-Zero, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Metal Gear (3rd party), it's nice to have some more realistic-looking franchises.

BKupa, that's what I think, as well. Though I do like Medusa as a hidden character, Lip would be a good hype-bringer for those who know/care about her. Even otherwise, EVERYONE who plays smash recognizes Lip's Stick! :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thinking about it Lip would be a good oddball character. But has she been in any games outside Japan?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
People would quit hating once they played as her. It's a childish hate that they blame on her, instead ot the creators of SFAdventures and SFCommand. Although, some people don't like her because she acts emotional in the series. Which is a weird opinion, but I can take it.

Thinking about it Lip would be a good oddball character. But has she been in any games outside Japan?
I do not believe so, but I'm not savvy when it comes to her.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm guessing Lip would have a sort of "Magical Girl" archetype about her, kind of like how Captain Falcon has that "Super Sentai" thing going on?

@Soviet: I want him in to infuriate people.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I'm glad you use some logic and are able to actually prove that. The way you look at characters is probably one of the best. Adding Krystal wouldn't be overboard, so I don't think she could be written off by a first glance at the StarFox series as a whole. And once you get into what she is in the series, and how she would play in SSB, it only betters her chances.

See how he uses throws in his opinion, as well as uses logic to back up their argument? You could do that too, and earn my respect. Instead of just bashing a character because you think He's dumb. He's a child molestor. He's gay ect.

Opinions only go so far.
I am not trying to earn anyone's respect and I am certainly not going to change my opinion in order to get that. Tingle is just a dumb character why anyone would want him is beyond me

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's fine soviet, but don't expect anyone to take your posts seriously if they're going to be completely subjective and full of bias.

Regarding Lip, I see her hopping around and floating slowly down while bopping enemies on the head with her flower or tossing about various puzzle items nonchalantly. I like her character concept ^^

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am not trying to earn anyone's respect and I am certainly not going to change my opinion in order to get that. Tingle is just a dumb character why anyone would want him is beyond me
We've given you reasons. You just don't listen. I don't care if you don't like him, but sitting around giving your opinions without reasoning behind them doesn't say much.

I would figure characters like Mewtwo and Roy would be the first they would "forget about" if they were planned at any point.

I would be down for Lip, if she brought something new playstyle wise to the game. That's my big "thing" this time around.

Not sure about Roy, but I would agree that Mewtwo as a fifth Poke-slot just isn't happening on a smaller roster size.
I was saying Roy and Mewtwo just because no one is "expecting" them to come back after they were cut during Brawl's release. No harm done considering the majority of the public doesn't know that they almost made it into brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not sure about Roy, but I would agree that Mewtwo as a fifth Poke-slot just isn't happening on a smaller roster size.

I don't agree with Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon getting fifth slots just because they're such huge franchises... More characters for them just for the sake of it...?

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
ok what reason would he be a good character to add? I can accept most all characters but tingle

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ok what reason would he be a good character to add? I can accept most all characters but tingle
To put it simply:

- Best Zelda choice, despite any Vaati/Ghirahim arguments
- He's got his own franchise
- Has taken the place for one of Nintendo's retro stars
- One of the most unique potential movesets around
- Actually has fans, despite what anyone says

These three reasons are enough to make him a decent potential character.

What do you guys think of Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising?
He's actually not important to the KI:U storyline, so there's that. . .

Kantrip

Kantplay
soviet: Balloon Fight is a retro franchise that wouldn't mind being represented.
Legend of Zelda could use another non-clone character.
Tingle has his own spin-off series that would like representation.
Tingle would have a unique moveset. I don't feel like posting it again, but he has balloons to float on, magic he can use, his obsession with rupees, there's just a lot of potential here.
Tingle is a unique character.
Tingle is recognizable, which is more than can be said for other potential LoZ reps.

The biggest thing against him is people who hate him. He is kind of the Jar-jar of LoZ.

Mario and Pokemon have A LOT of potential characters that would be unique, recognizable, well-liked, and the whole deal. Both franchises definitely deserve at least another character, and not because of their popularity.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising?
A very stupid character. Medusa highly overshadows him but Sakurai is so biased about his creations it's ridiculous. Brawl is revolved around Kirby so much, especially the UI and challenges which were directly taken from Kirby Air Ride.
To put it simply:

- Best Zelda choice, despite any Vaati/Ghirahim arguments
- He's got his own franchise
- Has taken the place for one of Nintendo's retro stars
- One of the most unique potential movesets around
- Actually has fans, despite what anyone says

These three reasons are enough to make him a decent potential character.
I only care if some character replaces Toon Link, which no one should. He can be unique (but Sakurai just thinks people won't care since it's basically "Link"). I don't mind if there's another rep for Zelda, which I find highly unlikely. Anybody but Ghirahim.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think it would be nice to add Black Shadow from the F-Zero series and give him Ganondorf's old moveset then replace Ganondorf with Ganon from ALttP.
Yeah, we've talked about this a lot. If Ganon is to get his own moveset, this is the most likely option considering Sakurai's reluctance to remove movesets once they've been in. It's unfortunate because everyone advocating for Black Shadow is doing it for Ganondorf instead of for Black Shadow. No Black Shadow fan would ASK for him to be added as a clone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A very stupid character. Medusa highly overshadows him but Sakurai is so biased about his creations it's ridiculous. Brawl is revolved around Kirby so much, especially the UI and challenges which were directly taken from Kirby Air Ride.

I only care if some character replaces Toon Link, which no one should. He can be unique (but Sakurai just thinks people won't care since it's basically "Link"). I don't mind if there's another rep for Zelda, which I find highly unlikely. Anybody but Ghirahim.
He goes 2 whole games without adding D3 or Metaknight, who are totally worthy of being in smash, due to humility and finally adds them because they are highly asked for and you call him ridiculously bias?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Saying that Tingle is the "best" choice is very biased and stupid.

:phone:
Why would you say that?

He goes 2 whole games without adding D3 or Metaknight, who are totally worthy of being in smash, due to humility and finally adds them because they are highly asked for and you call him ridiculously bias?
Thank. You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom