• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Soviet, use this signature instead. It will keep the add-ons from cutting off.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@crimsion feint : whats that have to do with anything?
Space is never a non-issue. Creating the alternate costume with different Pokemon would require re-doing all the models from scratch, changing hurtboxes to fit the new models, doing all the animations for the new models, and everything will take up the same amount of space as 3 regular characters (since Pokemon Trainer has 3 seperate models with their own movesets). I would rather have Meowth, Mewtwo, and Lucario than not have them and have 2nd gen PT remodel instead.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Alternate costumes, since they're only models, don't take up much space. AS A RULE, they wouldn't change any animation or hurtbox data to fit them. If that had to be done, then that costume would just be ruled out from the beginning.

I think most Brawl models are like... 5 KB.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I mean I would not mind 2nd gen pokemon being a clone as long as it's in a alt custum change and does not take up a roster spot.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
IF THAT'S THE CASE, then it would be impossible to make them an alternate costume, and they would definitely take up a spot on the roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
SSBF, your oddball roster lacks a Klump and Krusha duo character, therefore it is inaccurate.

And Birdo would totally be a Yoshi rep despite her never appearing in his series. They're in sports together, so it makes sense, right? Right?!

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Alternate costumes, since they're only models, don't take up much space. AS A RULE, they wouldn't change any animation or hurtbox data to fit them. If that had to be done, then that costume would just be ruled out from the beginning.

I think most Brawl models are like... 5 KB.
The fighter models use more than that. For example, Peach's model uses 338,980 bytes.

It doubles the space.

Example: 25 GB if dual layered is 50 GB
Doubling 4.37 GB gets you 8.74 GB, but dual-layered Wii ISOs use up to 7.92 GB, so your statement isn't completely accurate.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wasn't talking about anyone in specific when it comes to the drones. I really don't have a topic to bring up, because they've all been talked about. I could talk about something you've all heard me talk about, but what's the point of that? Also, life lesson of the day: Never let the internet actually bother you. This is a fan site devoted a to freaking video game. If you don't like what I say about something, remember that.
Not everyone, but a lot of the new posters don't support what they want, but just support what's popular, and that bugs me.
Thats not contradicting at all. :p

But yeah i know what you mean, thats just me. No harm done, you're making it sound as though i'd take it too far. :-P

I think i'll take a bit of a back seat atm.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
IF THAT'S THE CASE, then it would be impossible to make them an alternate costume, and they would definitely take up a spot on the roster.
I know that, he said making a 2nd gen pkmn trainer an alt. costume wouldn't take up space lol
if your referring to me then I never said it would not take up space, making it an alt would not take up ROSTER space.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Considering I am going into IT I should probably pay attention to this technological discussion a little closer... lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let's see something interesting, now that I drove everybody away.

No interesting is why my signature doesn't display properly. On top of cutting everything off you have to post so many words before a signature will even display. No matter how I try to work around it it just never seems to work. :\

Kantrip

Kantplay
No interesting is why my signature doesn't display properly. On top of cutting everything off you have to post so many words before a signature will even display. No matter how I try to work around it it just never seems to work. :\
Quotes guarantee sigs will show up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Like mine, Teran loves me!

@Star: Yea, I found the Mewtwo signature a little to big, people were telling that it needed to get cut, this I ended up removing it because I don't want to risk infraction and because it wasn't always showing up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Like mine, Teran loves me!

@Star: Yea, I found the Mewtwo signature a little to big, people were telling that it needed to get cut, this I ended up removing it because I don't want to risk infraction and because it wasn't always showing up.

That would be my fault. I've been needing to re-size many of those signatures.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah, don't sweat it, I love your signatures regardless.

I think the size of the Victini signature was perfect enough IMO.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
my sig has not been working when I post on quick reply, ( the sig box is checked)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, don't sweat it, I love your signatures regardless.

I think the size of the Victini signature was perfect enough IMO.

Anyways, here is a re-sized version of that Mewtwo signature. 135px as the height seems to be the maximum. From now on I'll keep any future signatures at a 350x135.

D

Deleted member

That would be my fault. I've been needing to re-size many of those signatures.
It's okay, nothing really wrong with that.

Anyway, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be offline to focus on RL stuff. I will still be around, but not nearly as often.

I've basically said everything I've wanted to say and there's nothing new left to discuss. Until then, the only time I will pop in is Rate Their Chances.

See you later! :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's okay, nothing really wrong with that.

Anyway, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be offline to focus on RL stuff. I will still be around, but not nearly as often.

I've basically said everything I've wanted to say and there's nothing new left to discuss. Until then, the only time I will pop in is Rate Their Chances.

See you later! :)
That is good, the only reason I've still managed to post here even after school is because I'm half online/half real classroom. As my work increases and I am required to study more I'll probably decrease in activity as well.

Cuidate.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Professor Hershel Layton
~Theme~

"This Reminds me of a Puzzle..."

Moveset
Neutral Special: The Diabolical Box

Layton takes out the Diabolical Box and holds it in front of him. This is a charge-up attack. Once charged, Layton can run around. Pressing neutral special tosses out the box as it flings open, if it comes into range of an enemy, it will suck them inside. When trapped, the Box can be picked up by anyone and thrown. Heavily damaged characters have a hard time breaking out, but fresh characters break out easily.​
Side Special: Full Suit

Layton takes out a hand of cards, and throws one card (Gambit-style) to the side. It flies fast and straight. One of the suits appears over the enemies head as Layton takes out a pocket watch detonator. It cycles from Heart, Spade, Diamond, and Club. Clicking special locks-in the suit. Each suit causes a different effect.

• Heart: Stuns the enemy, much like a shield break.
  • Spade: A massive spade appears over head and smashes the enemy into the ground, it does moderate damage.
  • Diamond: Does a high amount of damage, but very small knockback.
  • Club: Layton fails to solve the puzzle, embarrased, he grabs the brim of his hat and looks at the ground. This makes him vulnerable.

Up Special: Slot Machine Gun

After a slight warm-up, Layton assembles a Slot Machine Gun and fires it at the ground. It is so high powered, it propels Layton into the air. It can be influenced left-right. It has a low-medium rising action, but it lasts a good length of time. The coins it shoots out do slight damage, but also pushes enemies downward, much like Squirtles watergun, or FLUDD.

Down Special: Sabre Duel

Layton takes out a dueling Sabre. Pressing a direction will make Layton attack that way. For example, Left-Left-Up will result in a thrust left, thrust left, and a rising slash upwards. This is similar to Marths side b, but it plays very differently. The move has three phases, only ending when three directions have been input.

Final Smash: This Reminds me of a Puzzle...
The Camera zooms in on Layton as he begins to ponder and says "This Reminds me of a Puzzle." All the players are then teleported into one of various puzzles. For example, a maze puzzle with blocks. Clicking tilt buttons sends blocks being affected by gravity. Enemies crushed by blocks are KO'd.

Entrance: Layton and Luke Trition drive in on the Laytonmobile. Layton steps out and Luke stays in as it drives off.
Victory Poses:

• Luke joins Layton for a cup of Tea. Layton says, "A gentleman always makes time to celebrate."
  • Layton poses like he does when he solves a puzzle, "Nothing satisfies like a puzzle solved!"

I wanted to give everyone the idea that Layton CAN fight and have it make sense. Cheers. :)

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
RAICHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I completely forgot about that Pokemon. I love that Pokemon very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom