• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been thinking about doing a roster filled with oddball characters that could happen, even if they aren't expected.

So far, I've been pleased with the oddball choices made in Smash games so far and I hope for more.
Agreed, oddball choices add color to a roster and allow the developers to have some fun.

Although at the moment the only oddball character I see them adding is Takamaru.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've been thinking about doing a roster filled with oddball characters that could happen, even if they aren't expected.

So far, I've been pleased with the oddball choices made in Smash games so far and I hope for more.
Same here, I'm just hoping that these oddball choices won't turn out dissapointing at all.

I'm sorry but I just hated Olimar.<_<

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortshorts: Yeah, alright. I can understand that then. SPEAKING OF N, he should come back in Gen 6 as even more of a revolutionary. The titles could be Pokemon PEACE, and Pokemon LOVE. Pokemon UNDERSTANDING would be the third game.
I think Cynthia should keep returning. She's like a more mobile/interesting Lance. N can tag along as well. I mean, even Steven and Jasmine show up in other generations from time to time.

Yes it is funny, because I remember when you were the new guy and everyone was ignoring you. Except for one person who actually welcomed you, remember him? lol
I'm guessing you? Whoever did that was a saint, because I can see why nobody would want to listen to me fanboy out about Bomberman and Daisy. I was annoying I'm sure.

Bomberman is definetly weird,
He's a bad***. Bomberman 64 was an amazing game. I loved it. Unfortunetly. . . his popularity has fallen in recent years. Before (I think) Hudson was bought by Konami, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Snake all battled eachother in this "Japan Only" fighting game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can't get over Sukapon. D8

IF HE COUNTS AS AN ODDBALL, then he is the strongest oddball in the whole world.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm guessing you? Whoever did that was a saint, because I can see why nobody would want to listen to me fanboy out about Bomberman and Daisy. I was annoying I'm sure.
Yep. You weren't that bad. Although you had that excited, innocent newbie gleam in your eyes. Now you've become jaded and cynical like the other regulars. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yep. You weren't that bad. Although you had that excited, innocent newbie gleam in your eyes. Now you've become jaded and cynical like the other regulars. lol
It's called growing up and getting the hope knocked out of you by reality. ;D

Although at the moment the only oddball character I see them adding is Takamaru.
Most oddballs aren't seen coming.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm hoping that the 3DS and Wii U versions have Pokémon exclusives. Like on the Wii U, we could get Pikachu, Jiggz, Pokémon Trainer Red, Mewtwo, Lucario and Victini, while on the 3DS version, we could get Pikachu, Jiggz, a Gen 2 or 3 Pokémon Trainer, Deoxys and Zoroark. Deoxys and Zoroark would be made available on the Wii U version via DLC 3-4 weeks later, and Mewtwo, Lucario and Victini could be made available on the 3DS version via DLC 3-4 weeks later.

Also, it's possible the Wii U's current name could change over time. The GCN's name for a time was the Dolphin, and of course, the Nintendo Wii was known as Revolution before it became officially known as the Wii.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what do you all think of make a 2nd gen pokemon trainer as an alt custom that way he don't take up a spot and adds variety.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This thread is the epitome of anger.

I'm going to make an oddball roster too, with a super secret hidden criteria that all included characters will share!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love the way my signature looks at Nsider2. Wish it could look that way here. :(

D

Deleted member

Alright, here's an oddball roster:

Super Mario Bros.:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Birdo

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Cranky Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario
Orbulon

The Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (Decloned)
Majora's Mask Young Link

Metroid:
Samus
Sylux

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Gooey

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Leon

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Red)
Lucario
Meloetta

F-zero:
Captain Falcon
Pico

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas
Jeff

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Pegasus Knights

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Eggplant Wizard

Pikmin:
Olimar

New Series:
Captain Rainbow
K. K. Slider

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Prince Sable

3rd Party:
Sonic
Snake
Strider Hiryu (yes extremely unlikely, but I want him in)
Earthworm Jim

Kantrip

Kantplay
Those oddball choices are great and all, but they shouldn't take spots away from characters that should be in already. That roster would disappoint everyone far more than please them.

There needs to be a balance of oddballs and shoe-ins.

D

Deleted member

Those oddball choices are great and all, but they shouldn't take spots away from characters that should be in already. That roster would disappoint everyone far more than please them.

There needs to be a balance of oddballs and shoe-ins.
That I understand. My roster was intentionally made to be an odd-ball-only newcomer roster.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh, yea, a 2nd SEGA rep is very unlikely unless Sega is interested in the matter which I'm doubting ATM.

I doubt SEGA would mind at all. I mean, it's not like Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik haven't interacted with Nintendo characters before (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games). Sakurai's interest is what will determine whether they get in or not (which they won't). I highly doubt he is interested because he may not feel that they are necessary to include or he may not even like them. Plus, there's just way too many other requested third-party characters other than another Sonic rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom