• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't get why ppl don't think sonic deserves a second rep, look at the history of sonic to nintendo imo that alone warrant 3 reps ( i am not saying they will get 3, it will get 2 at the most). I also think if we get a ssb5 and we get megaman in this game he will deserve to have a second rep as well.

I do not look what company a character belongs to in order to support there inclusion, I mean I would not mind 6 sega reps if the characters that got in had deep history with nintendo and makes a good and unique character.
I would LOVE Knuckles, Tails or Robotnik, trust me, Omega could vouch for that, but actual Nintendo characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Little Mac, Saki, etc. are much more of a priority than another third-party character. That's why DLC needs to play a part in this game. Knuckles is perfect DLC material for this game.

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
NONE is the best choice for a Sonic character.
I agree with this.

But when you also got to realize that there is a major divide in Sonic fans. You have the old school character (based on 2D sonic games) and New generation sonic character (mostly 3D games). Eggman has not always been the main boss in Sonic games and Dr. Robotnik was the original genius robotic mastermind. Knuckles is really important in the old games but in the New ones he is replaced by Shadow. So even among Sonic fans you can't make everyone happy.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I would LOVE Knuckles, Tails or Robotnik, trust me, Omega could vouch for that, but actual Nintendo characters like Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Little Mac, Saki, etc. are much more of a priority than another third-party character. That's why DLC needs to play a part in this game. Knuckles is perfect DLC material for this game.

I agree Nintendo characters do come first but I am talking about inclusion of third party characters. I know this is a NINTENDO ALL STAR game but if you ask random ppl with no inner knowledge of Nintendo they think sonic and megaman are Nintendo franchise.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do we need "oddball" choices for the roster to be varied and interesting? :I

I like to think that can be done with realistic choices.

I hope it can.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sonic is a 3rd party franchise with representation already. Their priority level is in the same place as 4th parties. At the bottom.

Anyone who thinks Sonic and Megaman are Nintendo franchises probably doesn't own a Nintendo console. If they do, they don't play it and won't buy SSB.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
R.O.B. wasn't very oddball considering how much Nintendo loves to give him cameos. :V

Snake and Pokemon Trainer were the real oddballs.

Maybe Zero Suit Samus.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Sonic is a 3rd party franchise with representation already. Their priority level is in the same place as 4th parties. At the bottom.

Anyone who thinks Sonic and Megaman are Nintendo franchises probably doesn't own a Nintendo console. If they do, they don't play it and won't buy SSB.
yeah because all ppl that own a nintendo console knows all the facts about the consoles.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I hope it can.
Smash has always added oddballs, and they have been realistic choices. I mean, ROB, IC's, and Pit were pretty random. I mean, Pokemon Trainer was NOT expected, so in a way he was an oddball character. A character can be an oddball, and be realistic.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Agreed. Sakurai's potential bias is really the only thing that could help Tails/Knuckles at this point (it could also hurt).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How was Pokemon Trainer an oddball choice? Because he switches Pokemon? Yea I guess, what about Snake? He ain't weird at all, just third party.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How was Pokemon Trainer an oddball choice? Because he switches Pokemon? Yea I guess, what about Snake? He ain't weird at all, just third party.

Because no one was expecting a Pokemon trainer, like I said.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No one expected Pokemon Trainer. Some people wanted Red, but that was laughed at for the most part. Some wanted Charizard but why would one starter get in over the others? Pokemon Trainer just combined so many characters into one in such a unique way, HE WAS A TOTAL UNEXPECTED ODDBALL.

And Snake was totally an oddball too. No one thought a third-party character would get in, much less HIM, yet there he was in that first trailer.

@Shortie: I SUPPOSE. I guess when Star said "oddball" I thought of things like ORBULON.

Kantrip

Kantplay
yeah because all ppl that own a nintendo console knows all the facts about the consoles.
Did I say that? No.

If you own and buy games for your Nintendo console, you will know very easily that Sonic the Hedgehog is created by Sega (start-up screens, logos on cover art, credits, copyright message). You don't need to know all the facts to know the obvious ones.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
anyway I just think some third party franchise like sonic and megaman that fit right in with the characters in Nintendo, which is why I would not mind them getting as much rep as some Nintendo characters. Plus I would believe that it will be easier and cheaper to get additional characters from series that all already in the game

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Oasis, I was thinking of characters like N. A character that's a weird, but reasonable and realistic choice. No one would think of him being playable, but it could happen. He isn't a King Boo, but he isn't a Ridley. He's sort of in between likely/logical and not happening/stupid. He's an oddball.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
People are considering 2nd sonic reps like they are bound to get in, people are forgetting that Professor Layton TRULY has a chance because of Level-5 being interested in the matter when it comes to Smash.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about doing a roster filled with oddball characters that could happen, even if they aren't expected.

So far, I've been pleased with the oddball choices made in Smash games so far and I hope for more.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shortshorts: Yeah, alright. I can understand that then. SPEAKING OF N, he should come back in Gen 6 as even more of a revolutionary. The titles could be Pokemon PEACE, and Pokemon LOVE. Pokemon UNDERSTANDING would be the third game.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is a big difference between us liking our oddball characters, and someone supporting Roll because "Shez liek sow cool". There's predictable, interesting, and then stupid. Most people are either too new to know how to take a "stupid" character and make them "interesting". Or, they're too afraid to not talk about strictly Ridley, Megaman, and King K. Rool. I never thought I would be that guy but, new users can get on my nerves. Sorry new guys!
Yes it is funny, because I remember when you were the new guy and everyone was ignoring you. Except for one person who actually welcomed you, remember him? lol

I hope it can.
No, we don't "need" them, but they help tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom