• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, injecting people with drugs is a bit over the line for a game like this, in my opinion. Swords, we've grown accustomed to having not even cut flesh. But injection needles exclusively penetrate flesh.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Barbasol, you must have been the person who requested this?

I remember pre-Brawl the Rawk Hawk phenomenon. Still to this day I do not understand why he had such a movement.
*Gapes then give Star a hearty hug*
Haha, thank you kindly mah boi! Tis greatly appreciated.

I'll try it on right away!

Edit: One of these days, I'll go into full as to why Rawk Hawk would be awesome for smash bros.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, injecting people with drugs is a bit over the line for a game like this, in my opinion. Swords, we've grown accustomed to having not even cut flesh. But injection needles exclusively penetrate flesh.
Funny that Swords are considered as "blades", yet they don't do anything but a solid hit when it comes to Smash.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
One slot for two characters!? great idea! They will not have any relation, the only reason for them to divide the slot is reason they are the same person!!
I might sound stupid saying this, but I don't know if you were actually complimenting me or being sarcastic. :confused:

Nice moveset, anyway.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: c'mon dude, you seems like the only person to suggest the idea, make a earthbound stage at least lol...

I already have made a stage.

Saturn Valley/Cave of the Past

So let me ask a question, Earthbound stages. What is next? Now that Melee will be two generations behind I doubt we will see either Onett or Fourside return, New Pork City is so loathed I doubt they will be bringing that back. Meaning we will be due for a new stage. So let me ask, what should it be? Here is my proposal ladies and gentleman, Saturn Valley.

The level is found in both Mother games and play significant roles in both stories. They could model it more after the Mother 2 design since it was larger.

The stage would be very simplistic looking. You fight in the middle of Saturn Valley. Not much to it, the houses will be your platforms and you'll see in the background Saturn's walking around. Occasionally stepping onto the battlefield and becoming a normal item. Up on the cliffs will be the shop and hot spring, along with some Mr. Saturns floating via balloon. If you look hard enough, towards the very top of the stage, in the cliffs you will be able to see Milky Well. Ness' third sanctuary location.

Behind you you will notice something rather large and mechanical in the shape of a Mr. Saturn. Why it's the Phase Distorter 2! Dr. Andonuts will be standing next to it, doing repairs and occasionally taking a break to look at the field.

What is special about this stage is it has an alternate... In the alternate, everything will proceed as though you were having aa normal match in Saturn Valley. Except this time it is anything but normal. Andonuts makes a mistake, activating the Phase Distorter and sending you into the past! So the stage will blur and black rings will begin pulsating from the Phase Distorter. [The timing of this will be about 2 seconds after the match begins.]

You are now stuck in The Cave of the Past to finish out the remainder of your fight. The colorful, friendly world of Saturn Valley has now been substituted for the isolated, monochrome world filled with diamond shaped objects buzzing behind you. All the way in the distance is a cave with a mysterious red glow... The light moving as a heartbeat would... It is a menacing cold land.

Now the stages are different in design beyond just aesthetics. Whereas Saturn Valley is a walk off, The Cave of The Past is not; you can actually fall off.

Stage Example: Saturn Valley

........_..................___
....../...\.............../.....\
___|....|________|.....|___

Alternate Example: Cave of the Past

"+" indicates open space, also indicating where the edges of the stage are

Stage: Saturn Valley/Cave of The Past
Icon: Earthbound logo

-Tracks-
(Saturn Valley)
Earthbound - Saturn Valley (i iMaGiNe tHiS sOnG rEmIX? bOiNg!)
Mother 3 - Mr. Batty Twist
Earthbound - Battle Medley - New Age Retro Hippie ~ Mobile Opponent ~ Weird Opponent ~ Against a Machine
MOTHER - Roving Tank
Mother 3 - Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise (Brawl)
Mother - Humoresque of a Little Dog (Brawl)
Mother - Snowman (Remastered) (Brawl)
Earthbound - Fourside (Melee)
Earthbound - Onett (Melee)

(Cave of The Past)
Eathbound - The Cave of the Past
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!
Earthbound - Kraken of the Sea ~ Otherworldly Foe
Earthbound - Sanctuary Guardian
MOTHER - Factory
Mother 3 - Strong One (Masked Man)
Mother 3 - Porky's Porkies
Mother 3 - You Call This a Utopia?! (Brawl)
Mother 3 - Porky's Theme (Brawl)

Two stages for the price of one. If any stage or series deserves this, it is Earthbound.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm more worried about having various Captain's running over you with their ships.

From all 5395457265 of the Landmasters, to a space ship, to the Blue Falcon!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Okay guys here's what I've been doing as y'all were posting.

A valid XHTML and CSS3 layout for my Paper Mario website: The Paper Mario League (TPML). Keep in mind it is not done.

[collapse="Screenshot"]

View in full: http://i51.tinypic.com/2i09j5f.jpg

Other layout: http://i53.tinypic.com/1zzrvq0.jpg[/collapse]
I forgot to mention when you hover over the links in the sidebar they do a transition animation by expanding. I'm not sure about the way it looks, though.

Which layout do you guys prefer?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Funny that Swords are considered as "blades", yet they don't do anything but a solid hit when it comes to Smash.

Well it's essentially the same deal in Zelda or Soul Calibur, with the occasional actual stabbing.

OmegaXXII

Okay guys here's what I've been doing as y'all were posting.

A valid XHTML and CSS3 layout for my Paper Mario website: The Paper Mario League (TPML). Keep in mind it is not done.

[collapse="Screenshot"]
[/collapse]
I forgot to mention when you hover over the links in the sidebar they do a transition animation by expanding. I'm not sure about the way it looks, though.
I love it!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well i think there will be a moveset posted soon, but we need a little time to figure out the niches of it. ;)

And Omega, ok, i'll dig up the post about Terranigma i made a while ago.

And i also made an earthbound stage if you want me to dig that up as well. Hehe, two earthbound stages on one page seems cool....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
[COLLAPSE="Spoiler Code Geass"]Death Note Doesn't suck, it's just a tad too dark for me. Although i loved Code Geass(WHY DID EUPHY AND SHIRLEY HAVE TO DIE!!!!???? EVEN IF I KNOW THE REASON IT STILL HURTS!!!)[/COLLAPSE]

Ok, Terranigma is the story of a young boy who accidentally freezes his village and everyone in it by going down a place he shouldn't have. In doing so he opens up a door in to his world. Going out and defeating the boss/es of the 5 castles, he begins ressurructing a new world(our world, with a new continent/are revived each tower). Going back to his restored village the leader tells him not all is well(he was the only one who wasn't frozen btw, and was the first one to warn the kid not to go into the cellar which sparked these events. Down in the cellar he finds this magical being which ends up helping him throughout the game and is a constant companion), and he needs to FULLY ressurrect this world he's re-created. Going down to the earth he slowly ressurrects plants and animals antil he finally ressurrects humans, and then he starts seeing Elle, his love from the village, in this new world. Won't spoil the ending tho.
Here's the post on terrangima ^^

Then what about THREE(d, lol) stages in one?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i explained it badly then, but i'll let you know that he slowly unfreezes the people from his village as he defeats the bosses of the 5 towers in his world.

Oh, and his name is Ark.

[COLLAPSE="What the ending does to me"]And the ending makes me cry.[/COLLAPSE]

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Luco
Yeah i remember that game. Wikipedia explained it terribly. I thought it was this weird anime religious thing about how the world was born. Anyways, the character art is hard to find, but from what you've said, do you think a level or an item would be better?

I was leaning more towards a level.

Speaking of obscure games, I got Tingle's Balloon Fight in the mail yesterday. Pretty freakin' awesome. I'm definitely a Tingle supporter.
That's your reply to it. I'll dig up some char art if you want, a while ago when i first got my laptop, i set my screensaver to photos and looked around the internet for just about every game i've played(and even some i haven't). I know where to look for terranigma ;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I feel the worse for eggman, he survives every explosion that Sonic does to his robots.

I think being burned like that would get annoying the first time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh my god this thread moves. But that's okay I guess considering that my interest in this site and this topic is taking a sky dive as of late.

Sooo, what topics were discussed today? Anything I might want to chime in on?

D

Deleted member

Oh my god this thread moves. But that's okay I guess considering that my interest in this site and this topic is taking a sky dive as of late.

Sooo, what topics were discussed today? Anything I might want to chime in on?
Yeah, my interest in this game is starting to fall and will fall dramatically once school gets in the big picture and other real life stuff need to have priority. Starting this Monday, I probably won't be very active until May 31, 2012, when I get out of school.

OmegaXXII

Lol.. You should know how quickly this thread moves. :laugh:

Basically we've been discussing things like 6 player mode, Star's Mecha Porky character idea, and 3rd party characters as well.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I think he derseves a playable spot in this game, heck with tails and knuckles

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If we get another Sonic stage, and it's set on the ARK, I swear to God there had better not be any enemies on that stage, especially the Black Doom aliens or the blue water blob thingies (the Artificial Chaos, I think), I hated those things with a passion as a little kid and I still do now lol. Anyone who's played the space stages on Sonic Adventure 2 (Crazy Gadget and Cannon's Core, for example) or Shadow the Hedgehog will know what I'm talking about.

BTW, Knuckles is perfect DLC material. And Neo Metal Sonic/Metal Overlord should be an Adventure Mode boss. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom