• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what makes knuckles and tails more important then the main villain in ever sonic game?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
what makes knuckles and tails more important then the main villain in ever sonic game?
Dr. Eggman isn't always the main villain in the series, and Tails is Sonic's recurring sidekick. Both arguably have more priority over Knuckles, though (but Knuckles would be cooler to play with than either of the two, IMO).

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really hate what they did to Knuckles in the sonic series. He's just like Piccolo in DBZ. Pretty cool rival turn into grumpy sidekick that can't do crap.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
SNES, obviously :p

And although it doesn't go to 'battle mode' like chrono trigger(it's more like secret of mana/evermore in that sense) it's still really good(oh well i guess you could say it does go to battle mode since you can't fight in towns((except Lauren, but that's... *shiver*)) and there are boss battles).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lol.. You should know how quickly this thread moves. :laugh:

Basically we've been discussing things like 6 player mode, Star's Mecha Porky character idea, and 3rd party characters as well.

Mmmm, I'll pass on all of those ideas. We discuss third parties twice a week it seems like. The characters chosen are often too follower based for my liking.

Yeah, my interest in this game is starting to fall and will fall dramatically once school gets in the big picture and other real life stuff need to have priority. Starting this Monday, I probably won't be very active until May 31, 2012, when I get out of school.
I'll say it again, all that's said has already been said, and will be repeated in a week. Without news, topics like "Knuckles4Smash" and debates over unviersal rosters will continue. Both of these things bore me to tears. I'm very glad to be part of a smart discussion group so whenever I do feel the urge to talk, this isn't the place I have to come.

In general, the repeatitive nature of this thread, and it's army of drones with no actual thought process are the two main reasons I don't mind waiting till E3 2012 to become actually active again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll say it again, all that's said has already been said, and will be repeated in a week. Without news, topics like "Knuckles4Smash" and debates over unviersal rosters will continue. Both of these things bore me to tears. I'm very glad to be part of a smart discussion group so whenever I do feel the urge to talk, this isn't the place I have to come.
Aww, now i want to go to wherever that is and see what they are talking about. :(

Yeah i'm just sensitive and hate being called a drone with no thought process, but i guess i've done my share of repetitive topics. Shortie, if you want to talk about something interesting, why not bring it up? You're a normal poster here too, it's not like you don't have the right or something. Besides, i'd like to see these ideas. ^^

And NO, i'm not being sarcastic, i'd actually like to discuss these ideas. Please don't take the before statement as being sarcastic, cause it isn't.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
96% of the time he is the main villain though
Not even that, really. Dr. Eggman's been more a false antagonist ever since the Adventure series. He's usually shown as the main villain only to be upstaged by someone else (his grandfather/Biolizard in Adventure 2, Metal Sonic in Heroes, Perfect Chaos in Adventure, etc.). Only recently in Colors/Unleashed and in Sonic 1-3 was he "truly" the main villain, and even then Dark Gaia took the spotlight in Unleashed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've been thinking of Custom Mii's and I find the idea very complex. It's still possible to have them but how would it be set up?

What kind of special moves would you be able to select from?

For standard attack would you select from a pre-set moveset or be able to select each move?

How would you be able to manipulate the stats (Attack, Defense, Speed, etc)?

How can you make it so you can fight different Mii's at once (e.g. Obama v. McCain battle)?

What would Kirby look like if he swallows one?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'll say it again, all that's said has already been said, and will be repeated in a week. Without news, topics like "Knuckles4Smash" and debates over universal rosters will continue. Both of these things bore me to tears. I'm very glad to be part of a smart discussion group so whenever I do feel the urge to talk, this isn't the place I have to come.

In general, the repetitive nature of this thread, and it's army of drones with no actual thought process are the two main reasons I don't mind waiting till E3 2012 to become actually active again.
Problem is the discussion group is rather slow. But when there is a response it is normally worth it.

I wouldn't go so far as to broadly paint everyone a drone (although I can name one).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What would Kirby look like if he swallows one?
FFFF. I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe he'd get their eyes and nose and hair. *shivers*

It's actually pretty tough, since the signature feature of a Mii is the fact that you can change its face. That doesn't quite... work as a Kirby hat.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Aww, now i want to go to wherever that is and see what they are talking about. :(

Yeah i'm just sensitive and hate being called a drone with no thought process, but i guess i've done my share of repetitive topics. Shortie, if you want to talk about something interesting, why not bring it up? You're a normal poster here too, it's not like you don't have the right or something. Besides, i'd like to see these ideas. ^^

And NO, i'm not being sarcastic, i'd actually like to discuss these ideas. Please don't take the before statement as being sarcastic, cause it isn't.
I wasn't talking about anyone in specific when it comes to the drones. I really don't have a topic to bring up, because they've all been talked about. I could talk about something you've all heard me talk about, but what's the point of that? Also, life lesson of the day: Never let the internet actually bother you. This is a fan site devoted a to freaking video game. If you don't like what I say about something, remember that.

HRM, I guess I was too late to get into that group. >:I
If the creator of the group ever got online, I would actually suggest you being invited, as well as a select few around here who have been around long enough to think on their own.

I wouldn't go so far as to broadly paint everyone a drone (although I can name one).
Not everyone, but a lot of the new posters don't support what they want, but just support what's popular, and that bugs me.

It's actually pretty tough, since the signature feature of a Mii is the fact that you can change its face. That doesn't quite... work as a Kirby hat
I'm guessing he would get generic Mii feature(s). Possibly a Generic hairstyle/color or pair of eyes? It wouldn't be individually different for each character I would imagine.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've been thinking of Custom Mii's and I find the idea very complex. It's still possible to have them but how would it be set up?

What kind of special moves would you be able to select from? A BUNCH. YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MORE AS DLC.

For standard attack would you select from a pre-set moveset or be able to select each move? EITHER.

How would you be able to manipulate the stats (Attack, Defense, Speed, etc)? WITH A STAT BAR LIKE SYSTEM.

How can you make it so you can fight different Mii's at once (e.g. Obama v. McCain battle)? I'M NOT SURE. PERHAPS THERE COULD BE 2 ROWS RESERVED FOR MIIS AND DLC CHARACTERS. SO, IT COULD BE A 7X10 GRID< WITH THE BOTTOM 20 BLANK.

What would Kirby look like if he swallows one? HE'D GET THE MIIS HAIR.
My answers in ALL CAPS.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Not even that, really. Dr. Eggman's been more a false antagonist ever since the Adventure series. He's usually shown as the main villain only to be upstaged by someone else (his grandfather/Biolizard in Adventure 2, Metal Sonic in Heroes, Perfect Chaos in Adventure, etc.). Only recently in Colors/Unleashed and in Sonic 1-3 was he "truly" the main villain, and even then Dark Gaia took the spotlight in Unleashed.

well still he is very important to the sonic series and to his games and I believe is the best choice of sonic character to get in

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm guessing he would get generic Mii feature(s). Possibly a Generic hairstyle/color or pair of eyes? It wouldn't be individually different for each character I would imagine.
YEAH, having different whatevers for different Miis would be very impractical but I wasn't sure what more to suggest. I'm trying to think of something they've.. worn in one of the spin-off games.

Actually, it would probably relate to the Special move he copies. Like an umpire's mask if the special is throwing a baseball or something...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
When you mean the Mii's hair do you mean facial hair as well? I could see Kirby with a hitler mustache.

On special moves I wondering like what would be offered. I think we all want more than just wii sports and wii play game moves but would they be?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Please..I don't need a discussion, this thread is all I need, even if stupidity hits from time to time, I stick through thick and thin.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not everyone, but a lot of the new posters don't support what they want, but just support what's popular, and that bugs me.
That is true of any new users. Most users I've seen think in boxes dictated by arbitrary rules and reasoning. That is why I don't bother looking at rosters posted online, because they are predictable and boring. Want to know why I suggest such oddball characters sometimes? It is because they would be interesting. Granted, you can swing far enough to the other side where you support absurd characters like King Boo and Knuckles. Those are not whom I'm talking about.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ Hating *** *****, SA2 was perfectly fine. GTF
Don't know if you were referring to me, but if you were, SA2 is one of my favorite games ever, and Shadow was kickass in that game (David Humphrey's voice fit perfect for Shadow). Post-Heroes Shadow can burn in hell for all I care, though. They really pissed on him and his potential legacy on Shadow the Hedgehog onwards...

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't get why ppl don't think sonic deserves a second rep, look at the history of sonic to nintendo imo that alone warrant 3 reps ( i am not saying they will get 3, it will get 2 at the most). I also think if we get a ssb5 and we get megaman in this game he will deserve to have a second rep as well.

I do not look what company a character belongs to in order to support there inclusion, I mean I would not mind 6 sega reps if the characters that got in had deep history with nintendo and makes a good and unique character.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't get why ppl don't think sonic deserves a second rep, look at the history of sonic to nintendo imo that alone warrant 3 reps ( i am not saying they will get 3, it will get 2 at the most). I also think if we get a ssb5 and we get megaman in this game he will deserve to have a second rep as well.

I do not look what company a character belongs to in order to support there inclusion, I mean I would not mind 6 sega reps if the characters that got in had deep history with nintendo and makes a good and unique character.
Over actual Nintendo characters? I would mind.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So it's the weekend, time to kick some serious ****.

Forreal, why the hell do you guys even talk about a 2nd Sonic rep? It's pointless. **** my Shadow bias, I rather see another 3rd party before a second 3rd party rep. When it comes down to it, it's who you like in Sonic. Really bring facts to the table besides your bull**** arguments that consist of bias and inconsistencies, factually, right behind Sonic, Shadow is 2nd most popular character, and has an AT. Tails is 3rd, and then I stopped caring for rest positions because the top 3 is what really matters, bar Eggman.

So on a not stupid kick, what going to happen to the game's modes. Any introductions of new ones?

Also it's killing me to see people talking about characters with experience points and the such. Smash Bros is a fighting game, not pokemon, not tales of symphonia, not Sengoku Basara. A main con of the aspect of transferring a leveled up character to the Wii U where all characters are at a set "leveling" breaks balance.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is true of any new users. Most users I've seen think in boxes dictated by arbitrary rules and reasoning. That is why I don't bother looking at rosters posted online, because they are predictable and boring. Want to know why I suggest such oddball characters sometimes? It is because they would be interesting. Granted, you can swing far enough to the other side where you support absurd characters like King Boo and Knuckles. Those are not whom I'm talking about.
There is a big difference between us liking our oddball characters, and someone supporting Roll because "Shez liek sow cool". There's predictable, interesting, and then stupid. Most people are either too new to know how to take a "stupid" character and make them "interesting". Or, they're too afraid to not talk about strictly Ridley, Megaman, and King K. Rool. I never thought I would be that guy but, new users can get on my nerves. Sorry new guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom