• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oddball rosters, hmmm. A roster built around this idea of "Not the best choice, but still a good one" is. . . badd. Oddball characters are only fun if we get one, two or even three of them within a roster, mixed in with the deserving, and the popular.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Layton moveset
I like this moveset, it showcases Layton's special move potential.

I think, however, that Layton would be a lot more unique using Luke for his A attacks (Luke would not have a hurtbox and would be darkened in colour so as not to draw focus. It looks as though he is in the background. When Layton inputs an attack that uses Luke, Luke becomes normally coloured and is now in the foreground. The move's hitbox uses Luke in some way, almost like a sword [since Luke can hit the opponent but cannot be hit back]. This makes Layton have a variety of largely disjointed attacks that are seperate from his hurtbox entirely. While seemingly very powerful, it is offset by the amount of time it takes Luke's hitbox to come out [let's just say longer than it takes Marth to slash his sword]).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I like the idea of him as mostly a fencer. Would be very MINDGAMEY, which fits his character.

Though I dunno how well that would work in Smash, lol.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I like the idea of him as mostly a fencer. Would be very MINDGAMEY, which fits his character.

Well, I wanted to include Prof. Layton's experience as an excellent fencer, without basing the entire moveset around it and making him seem more bland as a sword user. It's still sure to be an often used move, but keeping it to one move makes sure of that, while it's pay homage to his talents, it isn't overpowering.

@ Crimson

A gentleman never hides behind a child.

While using Luke isn't a bad idea, I'd argue it completely goes against the character and personality of Layton. He's very opposed to putting Luke in harms way, in fact, usually he'll put himself in front of Luke to take a hit.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's very true, I suppose it would be extremely out of character to allow Luke to put himself in danger. Would he leave him behind, though? I mean, there is obvious danger in Layton's games, but he doesn't make Luke stay somewhere safe.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I've always suggested we change up the hitstun, add more attack and special buttons. Maybe when we fully flesh out the battling system, we can get some super cool movesets.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, I know he has more to offer, but I just like the idea of a fencer~

And using a sword doesn't make one bland! None of the sword users we have play alike. (SANS TOON LINK)

Barbasol

Smash Ace
That's very true, I suppose it would be extremely out of character to allow Luke to put himself in danger. Would he leave him behind, though? I mean, there is obvious danger in Layton's games, but he doesn't make Luke stay somewhere safe.
Quite right.

I opted to include Luke in his entrance, and victory posing... Though it is often incomplete to see Luke not by his master's side. Who knows, I personally would opt to keep Luke out of his full moveset, but have him as part of the Final Smash, Entrance, and Victory Poses. Maybe a Luke Triton Assist Trophy? Where he summons up some kind of puzzle?

@Oasis

I agree. I suppose I meant that in designing it I didn't want people to sell Layton short on his move potential. Forward Smashes, Directional Airs, etc. could be puzzle related attacks, rather than stronger sword swipes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wish I could get around to playing some of Layton's games so I could have a better idea of all these PUZZLES to draw moves from, lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's okay, nothing really wrong with that.

Anyway, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be offline to focus on RL stuff. I will still be around, but not nearly as often.

I've basically said everything I've wanted to say and there's nothing new left to discuss. Until then, the only time I will pop in is Rate Their Chances.

See you later! :)
Aw, not you too. :(

You will be missed, you are one of the best posters here, we need you, well, hope to see you when we can.

:phone:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
so what character do you all not want to see in ssb4? Mine are:

Tingle: don't get why anyone would want to play as him, he looks like a child rapist in that gay looking suit of his. Plus if he is in ness, lucas, and some characters would have to be cut since he is not allowed to be within certain amount of feet of children. I rather have random villager #1 playable.

Mii: I don't even see these as characters, and as far as having obama vs bill clinton that's really not possible because the mii creation looks nothing like a real person.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't want to see anyone that takes a spot from someone more deserving. I wouldn't be upset with any character's inclusion alone.

Such as Waluigi. He's fine as long as Bowser Junior and Toad also make it in. SO pretty much I don't want him.

Funky Kong? Sure, after K. Rool!

More Sonic characters? As long as we see Mega Man, Layton, Slime, etc. first. :p

OmegaXXII

I don't want :

Waluigi
Dr. Eggman
Rosalina/Daisy
Samurai Goroh(sorta)

and any other characters that aren't really deserving an/or aren't interesting at all.

OmegaXXII

No Tingle please. He' ***.

I'd rather see Ghirahim represented sinnce he's more relevant plus isn't as "goofy" as Tingle is IMO.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope Tingle is revealed in the first trailer.

With Ridley mauling him soon after.

I mean, I think that'd be a pretty good thing to see in the trailer.

"WHAAAAT TINGLE?"
"AHAHAHA YEEEEAH THAT'S WHAT YOU GET."
Then later it sinks in that Ridley is playable.
"OMG RIDLEEEEY."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

"WHAAAAT TINGLE?"
"OMG RIDLEEEEY."
So long as he's playable, I don't care what happens in the trailer!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Again, just going to get too it.

Golden Sun, the popular handheld RPG series from Nintendo. One of the famous staples through out the series are the lighthouses. Jupiter, Mercury, Venus and Mars to be exact. Now I'll take a couple of creative liberties here for the sake of the stage.

In this stage you will be fighting on a bridge between two lighthouses (the other two can be seen in the background). The bridge will also allow you to fight on the opposite lighthouse. With enough damage the bridge itself can break, causing players to become stranded on either lighthouse. Considering how old the lighthouses are it would make sense that the bridge would be a little old too, right? So take care of that bridge, it just may be the only one you have.

Each lighthouse is large enough to hold matches on, so no need to worry about the field growing smaller. You can easily see from even the background that the stage is large. As a staircase leading to the beacon can be seen. Also in the background is Mt. Aleph and other small villages seen on the land far below. As a brilliant golden sun glistens in the sky.

Stage Example

....._.._.............._.._
....____----------____
++...........................++

Stage Name: Elemental Lighthouse
Stage Icon: Sun

Golden Sun - Venus Lighthouse
Golden Sun - Jenna's Theme
Golden Sun - Saturos
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Tundaria Tower
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Walking Forward with Determination
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Mar's Lighthouse
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Magma Rock
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Boss Theme
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Belinsk Ruins
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - To The Light We Go
Golden Sun - Battle Scene / Final Boss (Brawl)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sure, I'm fine with Tingle! As long as he doesn't take the spot of a more deserving character. I like the little guy, really. Look at Wario in the SSE and tell me you're still worried about child molesters.

HATERS GONNA HATE

OmegaXXII

"WHAAAAT TINGLE?"
"OMG RIDLEEEEY."

I'm sorry but be prepared to find a corner and start crying in a fetal position when this fais to happen. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sure, I'm fine with Tingle! As long as he doesn't take the spot of a more deserving character. I like the little guy, really. Look at Wario in the SSE and tell me you're still worried about child molesters.
It's just Ness, so who cares right? . . .

Besides, we all know Tingle has a girlfriend in his games.

@Star, can the bridge be wear and tear? Not just too much damage, and all fall down? I would love to see it crumble slowly, instead of an instant fall. This way, one half of the bridge could be perfectly fine, and the other side could be ravaged, and only have a small connective peice left on the side of the lighthouse.

Kado Isuka

Smash Rookie
I'm not about to go through 9000 pages to catch up with this conversation, so I'm gonna go ahead and post.

Of all the Nintendo characters that could be in SSB4, I think these are the most likely additions.

Ganon - The Legend of Zelda
Ray 01 - Custom Robo
Isaac/Felix - Golden Sun
Saki - Sin and Punishment
Little Mac - Punch-out!!
Jill - Drill Dozer
King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country
Black Shadow - F-Zero
Samurai Goroh - F-Zero
Ridley - Metroid
Dark Samus - Metroid Prime 3
Sylux - Metroid Prime Hunters
Ninten - Mother 1
Eggplant Wizard - Kid Icarus
Magnus - Kid Icarus: Uprising
Victini - Pokemon
Zoroark - Pokemon
Mike Jones - StarTropics
WaLuigi - Mario series
Starfy - The Legendary Starfy
Andy - Advance Wars
Toad - Mario series

As for Guest characters, here are the ones I believe are most plausible.

- Konami -
Simon Belmont
Bomberman

- Capcom -
Mega Man

- Square Enix -
Geno
Black Mage
Chocobo
Dragon Quest Hero from DQ 9 or 10
Slime
Crono

- Tecmo -
Ryu (Ninja Gaiden)

- Namco -
Klonoa

We may also see the return of Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, and Dr. Mario in some form.

If we follow the trend set in Melee and Brawl where they add 13 new characters, and like in Brawl they add 2 guest characters, which 13 Nintendo exclusive characters do you think they will add and which 2 guest characters will they add in addition to Snake and Sonic.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You have to admit, Tingle is recognizable enough to be first-trailer-reveal material...

Little Mac, Ridley, Tingle, Mega Man... Isaac maybe?

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's just Ness, so who cares right? . . .
Right. Ness and Lucas are the only vulnerable children, and Wario's already got dibs. Not that they matter, anyways. I say, let him have them! Bring Waluigi too, if you want to share!

Tingle representing his own franchise, Legend of Zelda, AND Balloon Fight. Sounds like the kind of WTF character blessing Sakurai would go for.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You have to admit, Tingle is recognizable enough to be first-trailer-reveal material...

Little Mac, Ridley, Tingle, Mega Man... Isaac maybe?
What major female could we throw in the trailer?. . . Dixie Kong? I would say Kanan, but I see her as a sort of "Marth" of SSB4. A totally hidden franchise.

OmegaXXII

HATERS GONNA HATE
That part I agree with, as long as he doesn't take a characters position, otherwise he needs to stay out of this, he is just a little confused man acting like a gay ******* trying to steal your rupees.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
YAY! Let's show off a certified clone in a trailer meant to build hype!

*awaits Dixie has potential by spawning random DKC props out of hammerspace argument*

*awaits Snake is a clone joke*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, thank you. :glare:
Not fanservicey enough? How about Candy? :awesome: But seriously, who? Maybe Krystal?

Right. Ness and Lucas are the only vulnerable children, and Wario's already got dibs. Not that they matter, anyways. I say, let him have them! Bring Waluigi too, if you want to share!
He can bring Orublon or whatever that weirdo's name is. They can have some fun. Heck, throw in the AT Jeff. I mean, have you watched him "Prep" is model rocket before launching it in SSBB? I mean really Sakurai?

@Shorts: Meduuusa maybe?
I knew I was forgetting someone. There BKupa, now stop having a heart attack.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
YAY! Let's put in a character who no one knows outside message boards, just because she has boobs and estrogen!

*spasms on floor*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Liquid Snacks for Smash.

AND C'MOOON. Wouldn't Medusa be interesting on her own merit and not just because she's a female villain? >:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
YAY! Let's put in a character who no one knows outside message boards, just because she has boobs and estrogen!

*spasms on floor*
Did you die? Which female do you propose Mr. Picky? Don't say none either, because the female characters are specifically what I'm talking about.

Let it be Morrigan or Cassandra, big boobs yea!!
You're not allowed to talk about boobs until you redeem yourself and find out what an erection is. >.>

AND C'MOOON. Wouldn't Medusa be interesting on her own merit and not just because she's a female villain? >:
All the females we mentioned have merit(Minus Candy). Even Dixie Kong.

OmegaXXII

Well, that hair of her would make some nice specials, she could wrap her opponents and make them do as she says, "forfeit the match" lol..

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe I should toss Captain Syrup's name in here.

I still assume you could give her a moveset based on Wario's abilities in Wario Land...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom