• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah.

That was the problem with Brawl's soundtrack. The main theme is heard in almost every stage or mode except it has a different sound or remix. Sakurai's too cheap :awesome:

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario is very popular, especially for a non-1st gen Pokémon that isn't a legendary one or a starter one, but Mewtwo is by far more iconic, right up with the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Meowth, etc. And Mewtwo has sustained his popularity since his introduction; Lucario is still relatively new so who knows how popular he'll be after a few years...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure people (that includes myself) will want both of them in.

:phone:
mewtwo in his heyday was way more popular and iconic than lucario ever was or will be. his problem is that the sun is kinda setting on him. he's definitely not nearly as popular as he was 10 years ago. that and many of the newer fans to the series will not really care about him/ know what he is.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
mewtwo in his heyday was way more popular and iconic than lucario ever was or will be. his problem is that the sun is kinda setting on him. he's definitely not nearly as popular as he was 10 years ago. that and many of the newer fans to the series will not really care about him/ know what he is.
Well, he is still really popular amongst old school fans. I totally agree, though.

Admittedly, I haven't really been following Pokèmon like I should've since after the 3rd generation ended so I don't really know who's the most popular, who's generally well-liked, who's disliked, etc.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd-gen batch of legendaries (the 2nd gen in general, really), though, are the least well-known of all of them (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Entei, Suicune, Raikou).

Steam

Smash Hero
he is very popular amongst the old school fans, but the population of those decreases with each passing day D:

and Lucario's pretty well known now because of brawl and in 4th gen they super hyped him. same thing they're doing with zoroark. though zoroark hasn't taken off like lucario did, at least not yet.

4th gen sucked tho. 5th gen is good

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
he is very popular amongst the old school fans, but the population of those decreases with each passing day D:

and Lucario's pretty well known now because of brawl and in 4th gen they super hyped him. same thing they're doing with zoroark. though zoroark hasn't taken off like lucario did, at least not yet.

4th gen sucked tho. 5th gen is good
I could pick about 6 interesting Pokèmon from the 4th gen (Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Garchomp, Torterra, Rotom). That's it lol. I might get back into the series since the 5th gen looks promising (Zoroark, Victini and 2 others look pretty cool).

Back to SSB4, exactly how many stages do people expect? Didn't Brawl have 41 of them?

Hey i found some more news:)

I guess it could happen to ssb4 so ill post this here:)

Nintendo Wii U: Nintendo Could Be Working On A ‘Massively Single-Player’ Animal Crossing Online

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/08/1...ssively-single-player-animal-crossing-online/
Looks like Nintendo really is gonna step up its online game for the Wii U.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pit was never planned for Smash 64. The three that were planned were Bowser, Mewtwo, and King Dedede. Meowth is another character people keep saying was planned for Smash 64, yet never was.
My mistake, I thought Meowth was the one that was never substantiated.

...and does he/she have a chance? Popular? Tight??

Have a chance? Definitely.

Popular? Maybe?

Tight? I think so.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would love a lot of stages full of diversity. Large stage roster please. Like close to double the number.

Here's what some of Sakurai said on SSB4:

"I could make 50 characters, double the stages, or make everything prettier, but with the Wii U I don't have to choose just one of these options."

So there is a chance we could be seeing 70+ stages (let's not forget Stage Builder and DLC)...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I've read that before.

Thanks for showing it to me again though, and with that....Star.

Let me help you with stage concepts! I'm interested in working them now.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
itt Lucario fanboys trying to say Lucario > Mewtwo in terms of popularity. One of the reasons I hate Lucario.

@Metal Overlord: We all know that but people see that Sakurai wants both the 3DS and Wii U to be exactly related. It's the only reason why people are doubting 50 characters and 50 stages because they think he will copy the same exact stages over to that game.

He may include some of the important stages from each (both will have Battlefield, Final Destination) but he never said anything about having the same exact roster. He also feels the 3DS is best suited for single-player stuff and that information you do in the 3DS, along with other exclusive things to that version can then be transferred to the Wii U.

He can include Classic Mode, Events, Training and Break the Targets in the Wii U version but everything else like the Adventure mode can be in the 3DS version (to make it more unique and more puzzle-like with the 3D).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
itt Lucario fanboys trying to say Lucario > Mewtwo in terms of popularity. One of the reasons I hate Lucario.

@Metal Overlord: We all know that but people see that Sakurai wants both the 3DS and Wii U to be exactly related. It's the only reason why people are doubting 50 characters and 50 stages because they think he will copy the same exact stages over to that game.

He may include some of the important stages from each (both will have Battlefield, Final Destination) but he never said anything about having the same exact roster. He also feels the 3DS is best suited for single-player stuff and that information you do in the 3DS, along with other exclusive things to that version can then be transferred to the Wii U.
I know all of that, but I just found that this info was on the first page of this thread lol...

I'm hoping that the Wii U version doesn't have an Adventure Mode/SSE and that they just do all that for the 3DS. Classic, All-Star, Events and Stadium need to stay though.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I know all of that, but I just found that this info was on the first page of this thread lol...

I'm hoping that the Wii U version doesn't have an Adventure Mode/SSE and that they just do all that for the 3DS. Classic, All-Star, Events and Stadium need to stay though.

What if development for that ridiculously boring and long Adventure
Mode is what kept other characters like Row or Mew2 from making it in the game? Lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
ITT: mewtwo fanboys unable to look at the big picture

I can do it too! I look so smart when I do it

don't do that. I mean yeah mewtwo is way more popular with the people here and with the rest of the older fans. but there's also a lot (more) of younger fans and to them lucario is more iconic. soo yeah.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What if development for that ridiculously boring and long Adventure
Mode is what kept other characters like Row or Mew2 from making it in the game? Lol.
I heard somewhere on these boards (in the 3DS thread I think) that 70% of Brawl's development revolved around Subspace Emissary. LOL, if that's true, SSB4 will probably be a much better game hehe.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well the thing is, I don't. And you can blame the Pokemon community, more specifically the Lucario people for my opinion of him.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And here I thought iblis wouldn't have time. :/

also basing a pokemon chances based on personal bias is ignorant thinking.

Steam

Smash Hero
I was just explaining it's kinda dumb to call me out on bias when he shows he has bias in the other direction in the same post... especially when I like both lucario and mewtwo >.>

@mechawave- k. I hate sonic for the same reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, on to less controversial discussion...

Who do you want to see as Assist Trophies?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But you still haven't said who it is. :/

BTW..how does Chrono know about who got considered in SSB64 or not?

Because I'm tying this character into my stage concept tonight.

He knows the same way I do.

Steam

Smash Hero
I can even see why you hate him. a lot of them would annoy me too if I didn't like lucario. I'd probably annoy myself.

assist trophies... I didn't really like the concept tbh.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I hate him because of all of the Sonic recolors and his fanbase/fanboys are really stupid. His moveset also annoys me. But I hate him more than Lucario. Everything about him is something on my pet peeve list. His games are alright, though.

Assist Trophies are okay. But most of Brawl's AT (and Pokemon for that matter) didn't help at all. Resetti, Devil, Nintendog, etc. I liked how in Melee the only Pokemon that was only useless was Goldeen (from what I can remember, that is.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I want them to use the Ditto Poke Ball idea that was scrapped from Melee kinda badly.

Steam

Smash Hero
there are lucario recolors too. but a lot less...

and I used to love his games and watch the old old show on saturday mornings. with scratch and grounder and such...

@metal overlord- I COLORED SONIC ORANGE! ORIGINAL CHARACTER. DO NOT STEAL

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Steam HEY! I made the recolored orange Sonic first! Imma sue you! xD

But, yeah, useless AT's need to go. Except Resetti, for humor. All of them should be able to, you know, ASSIST you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As oppossed to yesterday's discussions about racial preferences for characters, sexual orientation, and the world ending?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
@Steam: Me too. From all of the experience on YouTube his fanbase is VERY stupid. So I will never choose him (unless the various times I choose Random.)
@Opossum: Resetti should stay. I agree. By the way don't bring that up.

I'd like discussion over Star's new concept. Need more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom